1 hour ago, SirMang said:

And - HP is a hell of a weakness. 

It's REALLY not a big deal.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

HP = hit points, yes. 

I've seen Part IX demasked in the first 15 seconds of a match. 

Stop getting hit and that won't be an issue. J9 is a beast, I rarely get demasked with him at all, let alone at the start of a match. Often i don't even make it to rage, they are all dead by then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

He has +weapon strength, + destruction, and +shift. Those are the 3 absolute best strengths to have. His weaknesses aren’t much of a weakness. -grip strength: not relevant at all -can’t run: doesn’t matter -water speed: this is his only true weakness really since it will make stopping the boat more of a challenge

Actually -Can’t run is a bitch.  Plus can run really helps in combat situations.  Savini’s still ass compared to J3.  There’s no reason to use any other Jason over J3.  Unless you’re going against potato pub players. 

34 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

He can’t go “invisible” so he’s ass...  He’s good for intimidating pubs, though. 

So J6 and unmasked J2 are ass too just because they can't ghost?

7 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Actually -Can’t run is a bitch.  Plus can run really helps in combat situations.  Savini’s still ass compared to J3.  There’s no reason to use any other Jason over J3.  Unless you’re going against potato pub players. 

Nah there’s plenty of reasons to use other Jason’s over j3. It depends on ur play style. I like using Part 8 cause his super quick and long distance shift- good for runners like Vanessa and Tiff and big maps especially also he’s amazing at stopping the car, +stalk is good, and +water speed so escaping in the boat is nearly impossible with him. Plus part 8 looks the best out of all of the Jason’s. I’m sure everyone uses different Jason’s for various reasons

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Nah there’s plenty of reasons to use other Jason’s over j3. It depends on ur play style. I like using Part 8 cause his super quick and long distance shift- good for runners like Vanessa and Tiff and big maps especially also he’s amazing at stopping the car, +stalk is good, and +water speed so escaping in the boat is nearly impossible with him. Plus part 8 looks the best out of all of the Jason’s. I’m sure everyone uses different Jason’s for various reasons

J8 has the exact same shift as J3. J3 can also outrun the boat because of neutral water speed. Plus J3 can run and has weapon strength. The only thing J8 has over J3 is destruction. But that doesn't even matter anymore. I do love the fire axe kills though. And I agree he looks the best. 

41 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

So J6 and unmasked J2 are ass too just because they can't ghost?

Yeah, pretty much 😄

Edit: That’s also the reason why I was debating whether or not to put j6 or j9 as top tier.  And I already said that J2 is ass to begin with, so his hair doesn't change much, tbh.  J6 and J9 are the same, pretty much.  They both got normal door breaking and weapon dmg, water speed, a plus shift, 85% HP, stalk, sense; only difference is that J6 got 5 traps and he can’t effectively ghost. 

9 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Yeah, pretty much 😄

Edit: That’s also the reason why I was debating whether or not to put j6 or j9 as top tier.  And I already said that J2 is ass to begin with, so his hair doesn't change much, tbh. 

J2s not so bad. He'd be great if they'd get rid of the stupid -shift speed.

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

Part 4 is better toasted.... everything is better toasted for that matter.
   If I used a +Traps Jason, I might quickly fall out of practice chasing cars. With -Traps, I almost always need all 3 traps just to prevent the call going off in the first 5 minutes. After that, the pressure is really on.

-Traps is awesome!... and I will not apologize for saying it. But I would never double trap anything... I play with -Traps so often it is just habit to only use 3 traps... so double trapping would be a bit wasteful. 
   -Traps is not a weakness, it is a difficulty setting... and I am not a fan of easy mode for either side of play.

It is not the Jason variant, it is the player behind the Jason. Some players can do great with one variant and suck with others... and some can do great with every variant. Most people are in between and can do good with more than one variant, but not with all of them... This also applies to counselors... When the strengths and weaknesses of whichever character you are using fit your playstyle, you will do better with that character... be it Jason or be it counselor.
   But as far as wrecking lobbies easy... try playing against good players that actually try. I do not care how good the Jason player is... He or she will not be getting 8 of 8 every match. Against good players, you will be lucky to get 8 of 8 once in a night... and it will not be easy to get it. Against new players, or those who do not try... then yes... clearing a lobby is easy with any Jason for anyone that has even a basic understanding of how to play Jason... But against seasoned counselors that actually try... good luck with that. My friends and I have made a great many such Jason players eat their words with most of the lobby escaping... and even more so since the rage buff.
   One car escaping can take half the lobby with it... and escaping in a car is not difficult. No Jason gets the car every time... and against a Jason player that enjoys chasing cars... like me... when we miss, you just do not give them a second chance.

I agree with you. I've played in lobbies where 4 or 5 us are Jason and all of us get 5/8 tops. Those are great matches imo. 

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

J2s not so bad. He'd be great if they'd get rid of the stupid -shift speed.

I agree. That shift speed should be tweaked. 

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I think 🤔 every one will have a different list of top, mid and low tier Jasons....everyone has  a different or specific way of how they like to play...

This is very true. People have to accept that one player's top tier Jason is another player's bottom tier Jason.

People should play to the strengths of their play styles. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

It's REALLY not a big deal.

Stop getting hit and that won't be an issue. J9 is a beast, I rarely get demasked with him at all, let alone at the start of a match. Often i don't even make it to rage, they are all dead by then.

LOL

Yeah just don't get hit, so simple! 

Don't run into anyone who has a shotgun.  Don't break down any door.  Don't break any window.  Don't grab any throwing knives.  Don't grab anyone because they may have a pocket knife.  Don't walk into a trap.  Don't find someone with a flare gun.  Don't find someone with firecrackers.

Any of these opens you up to a free shot after you come out of an animation.  And that 1 free shot, is likely going to be all it takes for IX's mask to come off. 

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

LOL

Don't run into anyone who has a shotgun.  Don't break down any door.  Don't break any window.  Don't grab any throwing knives.  Don't grab anyone because they may have a pocket knife.  Don't walk into a trap.  Don't find someone with a flare gun.  Don't find someone with firecrackers.

Any of these opens you up to a free shot after you come out of an animation.  And that 1 free shot, is likely going to be all it takes for IX's mask to come off. 

Shotguns don't do 85 damage and Jason has just enough damage immunity coming out of stuns to avoid most attacks long enough to get into block, even off host. Just because it takes a swing off your weapon and Jason flinches, does not mean you're actually doing any damage. 

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Shotguns don't do 85 damage and Jason has just enough damage immunity coming out of stuns to avoid most attacks long enough to get into block, even off host. Just because it takes a swing off your weapon and Jason flinches, does not mean you're actually doing any damage. 

There's a split second where you can do anything you want to Jason when he's coming out of an animation.  It's all timing.  So any stun he takes, he's taking a free shot if someone knows when to take advantage of it.  And with a Part IX, the mask is coming off in that split second.

I never claimed that a shotgun, or trap, or flare or firecrackers will do 85 damage btw.

18 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There's a split second where you can do anything you want to Jason when he's coming out of an animation.  It's all timing.  So any stun he takes, he's taking a free shot if someone knows when to take advantage of it.  And with a Part IX, the mask is coming off in that split second.

I never claimed that a shotgun, or trap, or flare or firecrackers will do 85 damage btw.

Not even a little bit accurate. Except for bear traps or in the event that you get surrounded by every counselor in the lobby spamming swing. And if that's the case then that's on the Jason.

Edit: watch at .25 speed. Jason can't take damage until his abilities/knife meter flashes. But he can move before that happens so it's actually pretty easy to just step out of the way and when the knife meter flashes just go into block or grab the counselor on the whiff.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Pt4 and 7 are the weaker Jasons IMO. pt5 is a bad ass mofo in the right hands, to the point where its almost unfair... I will admit I stopped playing as pt3 because it was way too easy in qp.

I disagree lol....I gotten 7/7 or 8/8 with Part 7/4 easily it depends on the player using them.

13 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I disagree lol....I gotten 7/7 or 8/8 with Part 7/4 easily it depends on the player using them.

You probably went up against potatoes 😄

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I dont play on xbox one tho.....

Where did I mention anything about playing on xbox, tho?

8 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Where did I mention anything about playing on xbox, tho?

You said potatoes aka xbox players.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

J8 has the exact same shift as J3. J3 can also outrun the boat because of neutral water speed. Plus J3 can run and has weapon strength. The only thing J8 has over J3 is destruction. But that doesn't even matter anymore. I do love the fire axe kills though. And I agree he looks the best. 

Destruction really helps me run people down and be more aggressive towards them in a chase since I can bust down doors quicker

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SirMang said:

LOL

Either you are way over exaggerating or I'm the greatest Jason player ever. Because I main part 9, have never been killed as him, and very rarely even lose my mask. It's not nearly as hard to avoid getting hit as long as you play smart and somewhat conservative.

10 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Either you are way over exaggerating or I'm the greatest Jason player ever. Because I main part 9, have never been killed as him, and very rarely even lose my mask. It's not nearly as hard to avoid getting hit as long as you play smart and somewhat conservative.

I also use Part 9 a lot he is my go to Jason.... and I have not been killed as him yet either .... (not saying it can’t happen)... I have been killed as Part 4 and Part 6 and it’s quite possible against those two teams I would have been killed with which ever Jason I was using.... they were good breaking them up was impossible....

.....I do feel more comfortable with part 9 stats especially with the way I use him more than any other Jason.... his + stalk and + shift are amazing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I also use Part 9 a lot he is my go to Jason.... and I have not been killed as him yet either .... (not saying it can’t happen)... I have been killed as Part 4 and Part 6 and it’s quite possible against those two teams I would have been killed with which ever Jason I was using.... they were good breaking them up was impossible....

.....I do feel more comfortable with part 9 stats with the way I use him more than any other Jason.... his + stalk and + shift are amazing.

Preach!!!

• Like 1

And, trap rubber banding to get on roofs was NOT patched out.

Neither was Jason using the rage prompt method to do so.

Just tested both out, and both still work. 

14 minutes ago, SirMang said:

And, trap rubber banding to get on roofs was NOT patched out.

Neither was Jason using the rage prompt method to do so.

Just tested both out, and both still work. 

Well at least both were not patched out. LOL