7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

This isn't the place for that, it's already been discussed over and over and over, and anybody that doesn't put pt 3 in top tier gets a lol by default.

Ite well I shouldn’t be getting the lols today. guess it’s my lucky day. 

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ite well I shouldn’t be getting the lols today. guess it’s my lucky day. 

No but I don't think you give pt 9 enough credit. + Shift is a hell of a strength.

33 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

In my opinion, I think 

top tier is 

Savini, Part 8, Part 3 

Mid tier 

Part 6, Part 5, Part 7 

Low tier 

Part 2, Part 4, Part 9 

other opinions on tier levels for Jason would be an interesting discussion 

@Somethin Cool instead of a smart response of “lol” why not just be nice and give your opinion/input?

No way that Part 9 is low tier. Part 9 is an absolute beast. I main Part 9. His +Shift is excellent.

21 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

This isn't the place for that, it's already been discussed over and over and over, and anybody that doesn't put pt 3 in top tier gets a lol by default.

Anyone who puts Part 3 as anything other than middle of the road gets a lol from me. So, lol. ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

No way that Part 9 is low tier. Part 9 is an absolute beast. I main Part 9. His +Shift is one helluva strength.

Anyone who puts Part 3 as anything other than middle of the road gets a lol from me. So, lol. ;)

I put my reasoning down below

6 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No but I don't think you give pt 9 enough credit. + Shift is a hell of a strength.

+shift is a good strength. But also part 9s +stun resistance is a joke, if that were a real strength then I might place him higher. Also him having -hit points and -traps makes him really really easy to kill. 

I think 🤔 every one will have a different list of top, mid and low tier Jasons....everyone has  a different or specific way of how they like to play....

There are obvious Jason’s with better strengths and less weaknesses that should always obliterate a lobby.....but that isn’t a guarantee nor should it be.... some players can wipe out a lobby with Jason’s that others only get 2 or 3 kills with.

A true strength for Jason players is...... adapting to how Counselors play the game... in my opinion it has the biggest impact on your success with which ever Jason you use.

And  part 9 is definitely not a low tier Jason on my list.

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

shift is a good strength. But also part 9s +stun resistance is a joke, if that were a real strength then I might place him higher. Also him having -hit points and -traps makes him really really easy to kill. 

Any Jason with -defense is just as easy to kill considering it's the same as -hit points.

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Any Jason with -defense is just as easy to kill considering it's the same as -hit points.

Not as much if they don’t gave -traps along with it. That’s less traps for the tommy box and the shack. Along with trapping the other objectives. 

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I think 🤔 every one will have a different list of top, mid and low tier Jasons....everyone has  a different or specific way of how they like to play....

There are obvious Jason’s with better strengths and less weaknesses that should always obliterate a lobby.....but that isn’t a guarantee nor should it be.... some players can wipe out a lobby with Jason’s that others only get 2 or 3 kills with.

A true strength for Jason players is...... adapting to how Counselors play the game... in my opinion it has the biggest impact on your success with which ever Jason you use.

I was just joking, honestly. I find Part 3 very middling but if people like him, hey fair enough.

15 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I put my reasoning down below

+shift is a good strength. But also part 9s +stun resistance is a joke, if that were a real strength then I might place him higher. Also him having -hit points and -traps makes him really really easy to kill. 

If you know how to fully use Part 9's abilities, you won't get killed as him. I promise you that. He has a skill curve but he's dominant.

12 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

I was just joking, honestly. I find Part 3 very middling but if people like him, hey fair enough.

If you know how to fully use Part 9's abilities, you won't get killed as him. I promise you that. He has a skill curve but he's dominant.

But counselors can tank his traps and run him dry of traps very very easily. You use 1 trap for tommy box, 1 for shack, and 1 for phone.... they all get tanked or if they’re smart they pk the tommy box trap so they can sneak in the tommy call real easy. All of this along with his mask coming off easier then all of the other Jason’s. I see more negatives then positives

Whats your strategy to defending against kill squads with part 9? I’m really interested in hearing it

“Top tier” Jason’s: J3, J5, J6 or 9.  

Mid tier is J8, J7, Savini  

Ass tier is J2, J4. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

But counselors can tank his traps and run him dry of traps very very easily. You use 1 trap for tommy box, 1 for shack, and 1 for phone.... they all get tanked or if they’re smart they pk the tommy box trap so they can sneak in the tommy call real easy. All of this along with his mask coming off easier then all of the other Jason’s. I see more negatives then positives

Whats your strategy to defending against kill squads with part 9? I’m really interested in hearing it

Never waste one on the shack if you have one on the Tommy box. 

31 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Never waste one on the shack if you have one on the Tommy box. 

Maybe, if ur up against a known kill squad trapping shack isn’t a bad idea. I really love when the SG decides to go to the shack solo and I hear trap go off, I can usually get there in time to body block her inside there, throw knives to limp, and then slash to death to finish em off. 

What sucks the most is when the kill squad shows up at the shack in a huge pack together.... 

Those sneaky counselors can easily Pk the tommy box and the call can get off before you even realize they disabled your trap at tommy box. 

I guess when it comes down to it, it really just depends what happens in the game.

21 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Maybe, if ur up against a known kill squad trapping shack isn’t a bad idea. I really love when the SG decides to go to the shack solo and I hear trap go off, I can usually get there in time to body block her inside there, throw knives to limp, and then slash to death to finish em off. 

What sucks the most is when the kill squad shows up at the shack in a huge pack together.... 

Those sneaky counselors can easily Pk the tommy box and the call can get off before you even realize they disabled your trap at tommy box. 

I guess when it comes down to it, it really just depends what happens in the game.

As long as there's one on the Tommy box since your first morph then trapping the shack is unnecessary. Plus it leaves the shack looking enticing to anybody stupid enough to grab the sweater before Jarvis gets there. 

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

As long as there's one on the Tommy box since your first morph then training the shack is unnecessary. Plus it leaves the shack looking enticing to anybody stupid enough to grab the sweater before Jarvis gets there. 

Quite often I get counselors dumb enough to go get the sweater solo when the game starts..... I love when this happens. It’s the biggest mistake a counselor can make against a smart Jason. I will focus on SG until she is dead. 

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Quite often I get counselors dumb enough to go get the sweater solo when the game starts..... I love when this happens. It’s the biggest mistake a counselor can make against a smart Jason. I will focus on SG until she is dead. 

Lol @ autocorrect

Yeah QP is full of potatoes

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

And - HP is a hell of a weakness. 

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol @ autocorrect

Yeah QP is full of potatoes

Lol yes it is. There’s no doubt I also come across some really skilled players. But often there’s a lot of potatoes 

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

And - HP is a hell of a weakness. 

You mean -hitpoints. But I agree. Too bad most of them have it. But it's still pretty easy to pick them off as J9 using stalk and shift.

4 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

You mean -hitpoints. But I agree. Too bad most of them have it. But it's still pretty easy to pick them off as J9 using stalk and shift.

HP = hit points, yes. 

I've seen Part IX demasked in the first 15 seconds of a match. 

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

HP = hit points, yes. 

I've seen Part IX demasked in the first 15 seconds of a match. 

Yeah well skill plays into that too but I agree it can be ridiculous. I got demasked through a door as J5 once in the first couple minutes of a match. Wasn't much fun.

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah well skill plays into that too but I agree it can be ridiculous. I got demasked through a door as J5 once in the first couple minutes of a match. Wasn't much fun.

Part IX gets breathed on the wrong way and his mask is flying off.  

I can't consider him above bottom tier just because of that alone.

The +shift is nice, and destroys potato QP lobbies, but you get a party in that lobby or good players and you're done for. 

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Part IX gets breathed on the wrong way and his mask is flying off.  

I can't consider him above bottom tier just because of that alone.

The +shift is nice, and destroys potato QP lobbies, but you get a party in that lobby or good players and you're done for. 

I've seen some badass Jasons wipe lobbies of good tournament players with J9 but I'll agree that he's not for beginners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

“Top tier” Jason’s: J3, J5, J6 or 9.  

Mid tier is J8, J7, Savini  

Ass tier is J2, J4. 

Savini mid tier?  C'mon, man...

Are we really gonna start this again?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Savini mid tier?  C'mon, man...

Are we really gonna start this again?

He can’t go “invisible” so he’s ass...  He’s good for intimidating pubs, though. 

8 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

He can’t go “invisible” so he’s ass...  He’s good for intimidating pubs, though. 

He has +weapon strength, + destruction, and +shift. Those are the 3 absolute best strengths to have. His weaknesses aren’t much of a weakness. -grip strength: not relevant at all -can’t run: doesn’t matter -water speed: this is his only true weakness really since it will make stopping the boat more of a challenge