3 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

I main part 7. Ruling out glitching, I haven't been killed. I'm not saying he's top tier but he's more powerful than people give him credit for.

Part 4 is a top tier jason. Part 3 is mid tier.

Ill agree, pt4 1 vs 1 is a bad ass, but against a lobby working together he is in trouble. -traps -shift is brutal.

oh, and he cant swim for shit either.. lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Not playing part 3, part 4, part 7 or Savini is one way. Have you even bothered watching a Friday the 13th movie?

Yep seen all of them. And this is a game not a movie.... there needs to be balance in a game. Buffing his damage that significantly is far off from being balanced

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ill agree, pt4 1 vs 1 is a bad ass, but against a lobby working together he is in trouble. -traps -shift is brutal.

oh, and he cant swim for shit either.. lol

I musy disagree, when I mained part 4 pre-part 7 patch, i was still slaughtering. I still see part 4 wrecking entire lobbies easy. The top 3 IMO are Part 4, Savini & Part 9. I think part 9 is trash but i see part 9s frequently wrecking.

@DontZzz34 apparently you haven't because you'd know Jason is an unstoppable wrecking machine. The counselors are severely over powered as Jason has only received ONE universal buff since launch. That was the rage buff. Otherwise Jason has been nerfed while counselors get buffed. Increasing his HP helps too but Vanessa with Toughness, Medic, Sucker Punch is extremely over powered.

Just now, sedaiv said:

I musy disagree, when I mained part 4 pre-part 7 patch, i was still slaughtering. I still see part 4 wrecking entire lobbies easy. The top 3 IMO are Part 4, Savini & Part 9. I think part 9 is trash but i see part 9s frequently wrecking.

@DontZzz34 apparently you haven't because you'd know Jason is an unstoppable wrecking machine. The counselors are severely over powered as Jason has only received ONE universal buff since launch. That was the rage buff. Otherwise Jason has been nerfed while counselors get buffed. Increasing his HP helps too but Vanessa with Toughness, Medic, Sucker Punch is extremely over powered.

And Jason is a powerful killing machine in the right hands in this game. I flat out just don’t agree with you jason should be that powerful with knives and traps. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize those suggestions aren’t anywhere near balanced. But I’m just gonna have to respectfully disagree with you and we can move on with our day. 

5 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Well a good Jason will wreck with anyone. And its OK to disagree, we all have our own play styles. Choose a Jason that works best for what you want to do in match and go kill for momma!

I like to trap objectives and then go hunting so a -trap isn't good for my game. @Ahab traps just the phone usually, so he loves him some pt4.. and some car chases. haha

• Like 1

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Well a good Jason will wreck with anyone. And its OK to disagree, we all have our own play styles. Choose a Jason that works best for what you want to do in match and go kill for momma!

I like to trap objectives and then go hunting so a -trap isn't good for my game. @Ahab traps just the phone usually, so he loves him some pt4.. haha

I apologize if i came off as saying "-traps is awesome!" It makes me feel good to stop a lobby dead by double trapping the phone & my shack just to see a phone kill & attempt on me then see no one has left via car/boat or phone. Playing part 7 or 8 and leaving on a boat is a death warrant. 

12 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

. Playing part 7 or 8 and leaving on a boat is a death warrant. 

😂 yeah they are like fish in the water, almost unfair. My counter strategy to that is try to get half way and then doc on the beach (depending on what map, choose location wisely for cover). Run away until he loses interest, then go back for the boat. No boat start sound this time as it should still be running, and its smooth sailing on out to the exit..

😂 yeah they are like fish in the water, almost unfair. My counter strategy to that is try to get half way and then doc on the beach (depending on what map, choose location wisely for cover). Run away until he loses interest, then go back for the boat. No boat start sound this time as it should still be running, and its smooth sailing on out to the exit..

The boat has no starting sound and hasn't in well over a year.

7 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

The boat has no starting sound and hasn't in well over a year.

The boat 1000% has a starting sound. and has since the engine update i believe. On pc that is at least.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The boat 1000% has a starting sound. and has since the engine update i believe. On pc that is at least.

It does have a starting sound on xbox consoles to ✔️

I'm on ps4. It doesn't have a start up sound Jason can hear. I know as I've seen boats moving or escaping just as I'm morphing after killing.

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

I'm on ps4. It doesn't have a start up sound Jason can hear. I know as I've seen boats moving or escaping just as I'm morphing after killing.

I'm on PS4 too. The boat has a start up sound but it glitches sometimes. So does the car start up sound. I've had a couple matches where the car escaped because I never heard it start

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm on PS4 too. The boat has a start up sound but it glitches sometimes. So does the car start up sound. I've had a couple matches where the car escaped because I never heard it start

Ouch, that's brutal. The sounds are essential for getting prepared to stop escape. @mattshotcha not sure if this has been reported.

30 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Then i have a consistently glitch digital download because the boat start up when I'm Jason hasn't sounded off in over 16 months.

Part 4 is still completely inaccurate to be one of my Jasons I enjoy playing. Someone mentioned him being bleh in the stream and matt sort of acknowledged it, but I doubt anything changes. It would take a campaign the likes of Part 7 to get him changed.

He's good with lobbies that play the garbage small maps because their so compact and most of the time, people just try to troll/glitch/beat on or kill Jason on those maps so the trap weakness is negated by the fact that lobbies barely try to fix on those maps anymore and the shift weakness isn't as pressing because nobody bothers doing much of anything on those small maps. So he can battle more of those type of lobbies up close. On the actual maps (the bigger ones), he's in big trouble because of shift, the Jason alarms (traps) are less and therefore his ability to keep chasing becomes nerfed. Much for the same reason Part 2 I find to be pretty good on small maps, but in trouble on the actual ones, even with the trap and morph strength. The shift weakness as it is now combined with a competent driver means he's not going to stop the car unless the driver wants to fuck around or leave the car.

If -negative Shift kept the speed of the normal shift but with the same negative cooldown, it would be more balanced. One of their more inconsistent weaknesses. Negative Morph doesn't come with a delay on a Morphed location, only a longer cooldown. Imagine if it did come with a delay on the Morphed location? Nobody would play Part 6.

Like the counselors, the Jasons could use more reworks stat wise to be more film accurate if anything else. Most of them are fine, but some of them are very off putting stat wise. First thing I'd do is eliminate the can run/can't run in the strength/weakness column and have it as something already built in the background and replaced with something else as others have mentioned.

Couple examples

Part 2

+Stalk

+Traps

+Sense

-Grip Strength

-Water Speed

-Shift (Same speed as normal shift, but with the long cooldown)

Part 4

+Shift (To match the speed of the film counterpart, making him the only running +shift Jason, since they aren't going to touch his run speed)

+Destruction

+Water Speed (Multiple water kills, makes him the only running Jason with this strength)

-Traps

-Less Hit Points

-Defense

Part 8

+Morph (Matches his teleportation in the film)

+Destruction

+Water Speed

-Sense

-Grip Strength

-Stalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Part 4 is still completely inaccurate to be one of my Jasons I enjoy playing. Someone mentioned being bleh in the stream and matt sort of acknowledged it, but i doubt anything changes. It would take a campaign that the likes of Part 7 to get him changed.

He's good with lobbies that play the garbage small maps because their so compact and most of the time, people just try to troll/glitch/beat on or kill Jason on those maps so the trap weakness is negated by the fact that lobbies barely try to fix on those maps anymore and the shift weakness isn't as pressing because nobody bothers doing much of anything on those small maps. So he can battle more of those type of lobbies up close. On the actual maps (the bigger ones), he's in big trouble because of shift, the Jason alarms (traps) are less and therefore his ability to keep chasing becomes nerfed. Much for the same reason Part 2 I find to be pretty good on small maps, but in trouble on the actual ones, even with the trap and morph strength. The shift weakness as it is now combined with a competent driver means he's not going to stop the car unless the driver wants to fuck around or leave the car.

If -negative Shift kept the speed of the normal shift but with the same negative cooldown, it would be more balanced. One of their more inconsistent weaknesses. Negative Morph doesn't come with a delay on a Morphed location, only a longer cooldown. Imagine if it did come with a delay on the Morphed location? Nobody would play Part 6.

Like the counselors, the Jasons could use more reworks stat wise to be more film accurate if anything else. Most of them are fine, but some of them are very off putting stat wise. First thing I'd do is eliminate the can run/can't run in the strength/weakness column and have it as something already built in the background and replaced with something else as others have mentioned.

Couple examples

Part 2

+Stalk

+Traps

+Sense

-Grip Strength

-Water Speed

-Shift (Same speed as normal shift, but with the long cooldown)

Part 4

+Shift (To match the speed of the film counterpart, making him the only running +shift Jason, since they aren't going to touch his run speed)

+Destruction

+Water Speed (Multiple water kills, makes him the only running Jason with this strength)

-Traps

-Less Hit Points

-Defense

Part 8

+Morph (Matches his teleportation in the film)

+Destruction

+Water Speed

-Sense

-Grip Strength

-Stalk

I like it! 🍻 from another F13 movie fan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

First thing I'd do is eliminate the can run/can't run in the strength/weakness column and have it as something already built in the background and replaced with something else as others have mentioned.

I’m still fine with this, it was a good idea before but now seems even better. It’s a good idea to rebalance at this point, without losing anything or giving Jason to much speed, as it discourages slower Counselors from being played. It’s got my vote.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I like it! 🍻 from another F13 movie fan.

Thanks a bunch.

For completion sake.

The others

Part 3

+ Weapon Strength

+ Grip Strength

+ Defense

- Stun Resistance

- Stalk

- Sense

Roy (Non Canon Running)

+ Throwing Knives

+ Weapon Strength

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Roy (Canon Non Running)

+ Traps

+ Weapon Strength

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Part 7

+ Water Speed

+ Stalk

+ Weapon Strength

- Traps

- Sense

- Stun Resistance

Part 9

+ Stun Resistance

+ More Hit Points (Was Killed by a special dagger, nothing else)

+ Shift

- Traps

- Sense

- Defense

Uber/Jason X

+ Grip Strength

+ Destruction

+ Stun Resistance

- Sense

- Stalk

- Morph

Savini

+ Destruction

+ Weapon Strength

+ Shift

- Water Speed

- Grip Strength

- Morph

8 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Part 4 is a top tier jason. Part 3 is mid tier.

Matter of opinion.

I think Part IV is the worst Jason to pick in the game. Part II is close behind. 

• Like 1

Savini, Part 8, Part 9, and part 5 are the top tier.

Mid tier is Part 6, Part 3, and Part 7.

Bottom tier is Part 2 and Part 4.

15 hours ago, sedaiv said:

I call Bravo Sierra on you. I doubt everyone on PS4 is using a damage resistance perk. Let's assime i have a tiny percentage chance I knife resistant counselors, as a Jason who has added weapon damage, I should still wound in 1, kill 2. I have less traps as is.

Bravo Sierra. I'm adopting this. 😎

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I like to trap objectives and then go hunting so a -trap isn't good for my game. @Ahab traps just the phone usually, so he loves him some pt4.. and some car chases. haha

Part 4 is better toasted.... everything is better toasted for that matter.
   If I used a +Traps Jason, I might quickly fall out of practice chasing cars. With -Traps, I almost always need all 3 traps just to prevent the call going off in the first 5 minutes. After that, the pressure is really on.

9 hours ago, sedaiv said:

I apologize if i came off as saying "-traps is awesome!"

-Traps is awesome!... and I will not apologize for saying it. But I would never double trap anything... I play with -Traps so often it is just habit to only use 3 traps... so double trapping would be a bit wasteful. 
   -Traps is not a weakness, it is a difficulty setting... and I am not a fan of easy mode for either side of play.

9 hours ago, sedaiv said:

It is not the Jason variant, it is the player behind the Jason. Some players can do great with one variant and suck with others... and some can do great with every variant. Most people are in between and can do good with more than one variant, but not with all of them... This also applies to counselors... When the strengths and weaknesses of whichever character you are using fit your playstyle, you will do better with that character... be it Jason or be it counselor.
   But as far as wrecking lobbies easy... try playing against good players that actually try. I do not care how good the Jason player is... He or she will not be getting 8 of 8 every match. Against good players, you will be lucky to get 8 of 8 once in a night... and it will not be easy to get it. Against new players, or those who do not try... then yes... clearing a lobby is easy with any Jason for anyone that has even a basic understanding of how to play Jason... But against seasoned counselors that actually try... good luck with that. My friends and I have made a great many such Jason players eat their words with most of the lobby escaping... and even more so since the rage buff.
   One car escaping can take half the lobby with it... and escaping in a car is not difficult. No Jason gets the car every time... and against a Jason player that enjoys chasing cars... like me... when we miss, you just do not give them a second chance.

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Less Hit Points

-Defense

You do realize -hit points and -defense are the same thing right? Or did you want to stack them? So that way pt 4 would have 70 hp? Lol I think he's easy enough to kill as is. 

Lol so you really do want to rework the whole game. You should probably learn what the Jason/counselor stats actually do before you redesign the entire game. Just in case someone actually listens.

44 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Lol

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

In my opinion, I think 

top tier is 

Savini, Part 8, Part 3 

Mid tier 

Part 6, Part 5, Part 7 

Low tier 

Part 2, Part 4, Part 9 

other opinions on tier levels for Jason would be an interesting discussion 

@Somethin Cool instead of a smart response of “lol” why not just be nice and give your opinion/input?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

In my opinion, I think 

top tier is 

Savini, Part 8, Part 3 

Mid tier 

Part 6, Part 5, Part 7 

Low tier 

Part 2, Part 4, Part 9 

other opinions on tier levels for Jason would be an interesting discussion 

@Somethin Cool instead of a smart response of “lol” why not just be nice and give your opinion/input?

This isn't the place for that, it's already been discussed over and over and over, and anybody that doesn't put pt 3 in top tier gets a lol by default.