Sign in to follow this  
SonofOdin6039

Possible Halloween spinoff

This may be the wrong forum or even site for this, but given the amazing effort the designers put into the game of Friday the 13th, I wonder what it would take to create a similar game based off the Halloween franchise.  Don't get me wrong, I love Friday the 13th and its game and will continue to play it.  It just seems to me that there are almost as many mask variations of Michael Myers as there are for Jason, allowing for different types for Michael as there are for Jason.  You could cast a Laurie Strode or Dr. Loomis as an equivalent.  And from a pragmatic point of view, there would be no copyright issues like there are with Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham.  You would only have to deal with John Carpenter, and he's always been a visionary.  I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I most certainly have every bit of respect for Friday the 13th and the team behind the game.  In any case, keep on surviving the night.  Cheers

On 5/4/2019 at 11:34 PM, SonofOdin6039 said:

This may be the wrong forum or even site for this, but given the amazing effort the designers put into the game of Friday the 13th, I wonder what it would take to create a similar game based off the Halloween franchise.  Don't get me wrong, I love Friday the 13th and its game and will continue to play it.  It just seems to me that there are almost as many mask variations of Michael Myers as there are for Jason, allowing for different types for Michael as there are for Jason.  You could cast a Laurie Strode or Dr. Loomis as an equivalent.  And from a pragmatic point of view, there would be no copyright issues like there are with Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham.  You would only have to deal with John Carpenter, and he's always been a visionary.  I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I most certainly have every bit of respect for Friday the 13th and the team behind the game.  In any case, keep on surviving the night.  Cheers

This game could potentially be a prototype for a batch of games covering every major slasher franchise. I know a number of people (myself included) have written down ideas for games featuring our other favorite slashers. I'd like to believe that one day, there will be other standalone games for Krueger, Myers, and all the others.

On 5/4/2019 at 11:34 PM, SonofOdin6039 said:

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I most certainly have every bit of respect for Friday the 13th and the team behind the game.  In any case, keep on surviving the night.  Cheers

No worries, we’re all fans of the genre. If you do a search there’s a number of topics on this, with some excellent ideas. Wes even has twitter chats with one of the new movies producers so who news what the future holds. Hope to see you in camp.

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

No worries, we’re all fans of the genre. If you do a search there’s a number of topics on this, with some excellent ideas. Wes even has twitter chats with one of the new movies producers so who news what the future holds. Hope to see you in camp.

That's awesome. I've been a fan of both franchises and think there's a lot of potential for expansion. See you in camp