1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Agreed, it would be nice if things could be changed a little. 

If it was me, I'd be changing the spawns at least once a month.

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

If it was me, I'd be changing the spawns at least once a month.

@mattshotcha, hey maybe some of those quality of life improvements could include some thing like spawn changes. The original post is back a page but to sum it up, it would be nice to have a little randomness thrown back into the game, maybe changing the objectives spawns, phone, car or shack. I think Play’s time frame is about right, a month is good. Please consider letting the match begin right from the end of the cut scene as well, it shouldn’t be every match but a 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 chance. The game needs things like this.

You guys might have to reconsider putting Morph points up high, or some other fix. I’m not trying to be pushy but I think we might need a patch sooner rather than later. I have an idea that might help with the glitches, each week you could ask the community to fill a thread about a specific problem. I understand you have a system but it’s invisible to us out here and there are members who clearly would like to help. Thanks for the patch regardless of how it’s being received.

Ok but what about on pinehurst map anyone notice they added a tractor in front of the barn?? 

21 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ok but what about on pinehurst map anyone notice they added a tractor in front of the barn?? 

That tractor is sexy.

On a serious note, changing up the spawn points of objectives would be an awesome change. 

Also changing up the morph points for Jason would be an awesome change.

Both would bring some freshness to this game that really has no way to bring freshness anymore.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:24 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Yes! This exactly! I mentioned this in another thread. I saw the tractor in the barn and assumed it was moved to block the car. Exited the barn and ran past the original tractor. I had to do a double take.

They can't add a rock or a tree right? Wasn't that the line? So where'd the second tractor come from? 

2 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Yes! This exactly! I mentioned this in another thread. I saw the tractor in the barn and assumed it was moved to block the car. Exited the barn and ran past the original tractor. I had to do a double take.

They can't add a rock or a tree right? Wasn't that the line? So where'd the second tractor come from? 

That tractor isn't new, it's the same model. They just moved it. This has been explained many times... They can't add any new things, but they can rearrange already existing assets.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

That tractor isn't new, it's the same model. They just moved it. This has been explained many times... They can't add any new things, but they can rearrange already existing assets.

That's the question - moved it from where since the one sitting outside the barn is still there? If they can't add a rock that doesn't mean create and add a new rock but fine to duplicate as many they'd like. An additional asset is a new asset to the level. 

If there was a 2nd tractor sitting somewhere else in the level that was moved, sure, fine, where was it? Otherwise they added a 2nd tractor.

If this falls under the "already existing content" idea, well, then they can make Uber available. Not as an additional Jason with unique kills but they could make him a "skin" for the others. 

On 5/12/2019 at 2:53 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

They can barrow content from any portion of their game it’s their code to work with....unfortunately the items used have to still be bound to Balancing/ bug fixes or addressing aesthetic issues .....using it any other way would no longer fall under the grey area.... and require Horror Inc / Victor Millers Approval.

The mask Flashing is a notify indicator in private matches that lets you know Who is Jason.... it was reconfigured to notify  players in the Multiplayer portion of the game when Jason gets Rage....

same concept = grey area 

the Tractor falls under balancing because players would drive the car to the entrance and block themselves in stopping Jason from Interacting with them....

balance = grey area 

@DasMurich

I posted this in another thread hope this explains the adding a rock/ added tractor issues....

unfortunately adding Uber isn’t possible because he didn’t make the cut off deadline and has never been officially released in any form of the game:

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@DasMurich

I posted this in another thread hope this explains the adding a rock/ added tractor issues....

unfortunately adding Uber isn’t possible because he didn’t make the cut off deadline and has never been officially released in any form of the game:

This makes more sense if it

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 5:02 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Anything pre-existing in the game can be updated or changed because its not new.

So does that me they could give different clothe colour variations or even hair colour variations to keep things fresh.

The “already exists in the game” or “is an existing asset argument” doesn’t hold, period. Lies. If that is the case then games could therefore be perpetually updated just from existing content with nothing technically constituting “new content”—hey, it was all already there in the game engine as assets.

Matt has been caught lying before SWERVING trying to explain-away how assets can be used, combined, expanded, or retooled to whatever end the developers want or don’t want. If that is the case, according to the devs, then what is stopping from creating more maps from existing content? What is stopping them from using existing patterns to create new colors or outfit, the patterns and colors already exist in the game. 

So placing new items—whether they are game assets or not—is acceptable, but copying the Crystal Lake map and changing a few things and calling it “Forest Green” is new content? There is no difference. You changed something on a map, it doesn’t matter if you added one thing or 1 million things, something new was added, regardless of its existence as a game asset. New content that required an application update to get.

These devs have been changing things in the game for over a year since they were told they couldn’t. The blatant lies. If you changed so many things that your game requires an update you have objectively created new content according to Sony. Now considering there are actual items, —assets or not— that have been added to the game, this is the definition of new content. If it wasn’t in a previous version of the game, it’s new content—again—asset or not. So what is the truth?

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

The “already exists in the game” or “is an existing asset argument” doesn’t hold, period. Lies. If that is the case then games could therefore be perpetually updated just from existing content with nothing technically constituting “new content”—hey, it was all already there in the game engine as assets.

Matt has been caught lying before SWERVING trying to explain-away how assets can be used, combined, expanded, or retooled to whatever end the developers want or don’t want. If that is the case, according to the devs, then what is stopping from creating more maps from existing content? What is stopping them from using existing patterns to create new colors or outfit, the patterns and colors already exist in the game. 

So placing new items—whether they are game assets or not—is acceptable, but copying the Crystal Lake map and changing a few things and calling it “Forest Green” is new content? There is no difference. You changed something on a map, it doesn’t matter if you added one thing or 1 million things, something new was added, regardless of its existence as a game asset. New content that required an application update to get.

These devs have been changing things in the game for over a year since they were told they couldn’t. The blatant lies. If you changed so many things that your game requires an update you have objectively created new content according to Sony. Now considering there are actual items, —assets or not— that have been added to the game, this is the definition of new content. If it wasn’t in a previous version of the game, it’s new content—again—asset or not. So what is the truth?

Existing game assets can be used in the state they're in, to be moved around and multiplied, aslong as there is no alteration or manipulation to the asset model - so no colour changes. 

For example if a existing rock asset is named 'rock1' and you duplicated it but made it the colour pink, then you'd have to alter the name in the asset files for it to exist, say to something like  'pinkrock1'  - at this point you've created new content here, it didn't exist in the game files before. 

Changing the maps using the current assets within the game, no matter how much so, is still not new content. When they say content, they don't mean the volume of items added but whether its a new model asset. 

It's like getting a room in a house with a load of furniture in it and constantly rearranging it so the room is radically different but it's still the same items. yeah you stacked the same 3 sofas on top of each other and had both the kitchen sink and dining table hanging off the ceiling, you happen to be a wizard who can conjure up the same pieces of furniture and add them into the room but no newly designed content had been added. So the lawyers can't come knocking. 

New content is a brand new modelled asset or named item that we haven't seen before added to the game. Period. 

Now, to create a new map and release it using the same old assets, you'd have to promote it as a new map, and have to name it something, as petty as it is - the name alone would be new content, it didn't exist before, that would fall under copyright as it belongs to somebody who owns the f13 license, hence the reason it can't happen. Forest Green can't happen. 

The existing asset claim isn't even an argument, it's a fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I don’t think you are looking at this situation the right way.... if they were just adding items or moving them around the map with no purpose that would constitute as new content.... but because adding the existing content into the game falls into balance adjustments/ bug fixes  that existing content then falls into a grey area that the developers are able to work in without needing approval.

Matt has been caught lying before SWERVING trying to explain-away how assets can be used, combined, expanded, or retooled to whatever end the developers want or don’t want. 

I am unaware of these “lies” that Matt has been caught doing..... he has been quite up front about them being either a bug fix of Balancing adjustment......you may be taking this situation a little personally and can understand the confusion but I wouldn’t recommend attacking them for trying to make the game better....

f that is the case, according to the devs, then what is stopping from creating more maps from existing content? What is stopping them from using existing patterns to create new colors or outfit, the patterns and colors already exist in the game. 

Creating a new map even with existing content would require Horror INC and Victor Millers approval so that is what is stopping them..... doing this is quite different from using a tractor to fix a quality of life issue on Pinehurst......or let players know when Jason is now invulnerable to melee attacks because of his Rage mode.

So placing new items—whether they are game assets or not—is acceptable

No.....using existing content must still fall into the criteria of bug fixes and balance adjustments unfortunately.

Using existing content any other way would need approval from the license holders.

but copying the Crystal Lake map and changing a few things and calling it “Forest Green” is new content? There is no difference.

There is a huge difference here because of how the existing content is being used.... creating a whole new map and especially naming it Forrest Green would definitely be new content....

These devs have been changing things in the game for over a year since they were told they couldn’t. The blatant lies.

Why do you think they are lies?.... why if they could potentially make more money from the game with new content or DLC would they not release it ?!

It make no sense to step away from a pretty profitable game with a still strong player base that would continue to buy new kills or maps or Jason’s.... the truth is they can’t....  that is all....no lies no conspiracy... just facts.

7 hours ago, Ja1862 said:

So does that me they could give different clothe colour variations or even hair colour variations to keep things fresh.

Yes its highly likely but I'll let @mattshotcha give a proper answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Yes its highly likely but I'll let @mattshotcha give a proper answer.

What about changing the grass color to white so it looks like snow for winter 😏

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I don’t think you are looking at this situation the right way.... if they were just adding items or moving them around the map with no purpose that would constitute as new content.... but because adding the existing content into the game falls into balance adjustments/ bug fixes  that existing content then falls into a grey area that the developers are able to work in without needing approval.

I am unaware of these “lies” that Matt has been caught doing..... he has been quite up front about them being either a bug fix of Balancing adjustment......you may be taking this situation a little personally and can understand the confusion but I wouldn’t recommend attacking them for trying to make them game better....

Creating a new map even with existing content would require Horror INC and Victor Millers approval so that is what is stopping them..... doing this is quite different from using a tractor to fix a quality of life issue on Pinehurst......or let players know when Jason is now invulnerable to melee attacks because of his Rage mode.

No.....using existing content must still fall into the criteria of bug fixes and balance adjustments unfortunately.

Using existing content any other way would need approval from the license holders.

There is a huge difference here because of how the existing content is being used.... creating a whole new map and especially naming it Forrest Green would definitely be new content....

Why do you think they are lies?.... why if they could potentially make more money from the game with new content or DLC would they not release it ?!

It make no sense to step away from a pretty profitable game with a still strong player base that would continue to buy new kills or maps or Jason’s.... the truth is they can’t....  that is all....no lies no conspiracy... just facts.

It’s clear you don’t want to address all of the points I made so you opted to only responded to a select handful which makes you pretty disreputable. So how does a game that requires multiple updates not constitutive new content? New = new, fact. According to Sony, a game that has an update published contains new content by definition, fact.

If “assets” in the game can be used to create non-new content, then why did Matt say they can’t use items in the Virtual Cabin 2.0? That is the dishonesty I mentioned. They can piece together assets to create a new notification for rage, add items to the maps to prevent exploits, but can’t use items in the Virtual Cabin 2.0? It’s the same game. Taking one asset and adding it, moving it, or changing it to create something new.... is new content. This faux-lawyer double speak about what the meaning of “new” is doesn’t fly.

Lastly, mathematical addition is still an addition, regardless of the source or availability of an asset. Adding 1 item is the same as adding 1 million, it’s an addition. The addition of 1 thing or the addition of 1 million is still an addition. What do you not understand about that? What I’m reading is apologist talk trying to explain away facts and then say you’re the only one presenting fact when you’re not.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

It’s clear you don’t want to address all of the points I made so you opted to only responded to a select handful which makes you pretty disreputable.

I addressed everything I thought would explain how the added content was being used and why it was able to be used the way it was without needing license holders approval...... so maybe go back and reread it... 

I wasn’t being rude about anything or giving you any information that is untrue so ....whatever........I guess this will be another “the more you know 🌈️.” Kind of post.

So how does a game that requires multiple updates not constitutive new content? New = new, fact. According to Sony, a game that has an update published contains new content by definition, fact.

As long as it falls within bug fixes and Balancing adjustments it is not New content it is updated content. 

Sony has nothing to do with the lawsuit or what constitutes as new verses  existing content ....that comes down to what the courts and lawyers have told the Developers what they can or cannot do....Fact.

If “assets” in the game can be used to create non-new content, then why did Matt say they can’t use items in the Virtual Cabin 2.0? That is the dishonesty I mentioned. They can piece together assets to create a new notification for rage, add items to the maps to prevent exploits, but can’t use items in the Virtual Cabin 2.0?

If they use the existing items in the virtual cabin in a different way then they are presented in the Virtual cabin.....

( unless using them in a way that can be used as a bug fix or balance adjustment).....

that will be considered new content and require approval........this is not difficult to grasp...

Matt has not been dishonest that I have seen...... or read.😉

It sounds like you are upset and are lashing out without actual evidence... where is your proof of these blatant lies??

It’s the same game. Taking one asset and adding it, moving it, or changing it to create something new.... is new content. This faux-lawyer double speak about what the meaning of “new” is doesn’t fly.

Once again the “New content” you are so obsessed over still needs to fall under a balance adjustment or bug fix... ...until they add something that doesn’t fit that criteria no harm no foul.

The shit storm that hit over the Rage Buff to Jason would have been even worse if the developers didn’t make some type of notification to the players to let them know he no longer can be melee stunned.....

( And since it was a notifier that was reconfigured to be a notifier and the tractor was an exploit fix that is why that content can be used the way it has been without approval......fact.

Lastly, mathematical addition is still an addition, regardless of the source or availability of an asset. Adding 1 item is the same as adding 1 million, it’s an addition. The addition of 1 thing or the addition of 1 million is still an addition. What do you not understand about that?

I understand perfectly 1 +1 = 2 simple math...I am not disputing that they added anything into the game.

They obviously have I just can put two and two together and understand how it doesn’t fall under the no new content stipulation set by the courts and license Holders...

You are unfortunately so stuck on the fact that something was added you can’t get past the why and lashing out calling people liars is pretty Fucked up.......

The developers have been more than upfront about what they can and cannot do with the game.... and to this day have held to that original statement......fact.

What I’m reading is apologist talk trying to explain away facts and then say you’re the only one presenting fact when you’re not.

No facts have been explained away, I have posted them very clearly...the only issue with them.... is you disregarding them and only being interested in your own narrative that fits the one you keep pushing about lies and dishonesty that you have no proof of.

Edited by OCT 31 1978
Added content... without Needing license holder approval
  • Like 2

@OCT 31 1978, couldn’t have said it better man. 

On topic, the Snuggle by the Fire SPC has a minor bug where Tiff doesn’t enter the tent at the right time, she now walks back and forth waiting for Adam. It makes it a bit hard to kill him while he’s pissing in the lake.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@OCT 31 1978, couldn’t have said it better man. 

On topic, the Snuggle by the Fire SPC has a minor bug where Tiff doesn’t enter the tent at the right time, she now walks back and forth waiting for Adam. It makes it a bit hard to kill him while he’s pissing in the lake.

I have been meaning to play through all the single player challenges .... I wanted to see if any of the environmental kills where buggy or if there were any other issues....since the last patch..

Thanks for Spotting that issue and reporting it buddy !! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Armani? said:

What about changing the grass color to white so it looks like snow for winter 😏

I wish we had snow.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I guess this will be another “the more you know.” Kind of post.

Don't forget the shooting star at the end.

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I wish we had snow.

Don't forget the shooting star at the end.

Noted and edited my friend!! 🌈

7 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Noted and edited my friend!! 🌈

All we need now are some celebrities.

20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

All we need now are some celebrities.

I like to think we are our own celebrities 😂 

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I like to think we are our own celebrities 😂 

You're right. Just like celebrities, some are setting better examples than others.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2019 at 4:39 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I addressed everything I thought would explain how the added content was being used and why it was able to be used the way it was without needing license holders approval...... so maybe go back and reread it... 

I wasn’t being rude about anything or giving you any information that is untrue so ....whatever........I guess this will be another “the more you know 🌈️.” Kind of post.

As long as it falls within bug fixes and Balancing adjustments it is not New content it is updated content. 

Sony has nothing to do with the lawsuit or what constitutes as new verses  existing content ....that comes down to what the courts and lawyers have told the Developers what they can or cannot do....Fact.

If they use the existing items in the virtual cabin in a different way then they are presented in the Virtual cabin.....

( unless using them in a way that can be used as a bug fix or balance adjustment).....

that will be considered new content and require approval........this is not difficult to grasp...

Matt has not been dishonest that I have seen...... or read.😉

It sounds like you are upset and are lashing out without actual evidence... where is your proof of these blatant lies??

Once again the “New content” you are so obsessed over still needs to fall under a balance adjustment or bug fix... ...until they add something that doesn’t fit that criteria no harm no foul.

The shit storm that hit over the Rage Buff to Jason would have been even worse if the developers didn’t make some type of notification to the players to let them know he no longer can be melee stunned.....

( And since it was a notifier that was reconfigured to be a notifier and the tractor was an exploit fix that is why that content can be used the way it has been without approval......fact.

I understand perfectly 1 +1 = 2 simple math...I am not disputing that they added anything into the game.

They obviously have I just can put two and two together and understand how it doesn’t fall under the no new content stipulation set by the courts and license Holders...

You are unfortunately so stuck on the fact that something was added you can’t get past the why and lashing out calling people liars is pretty Fucked up.......

The developers have been more than upfront about what they can and cannot do with the game.... and to this day have held to that original statement......fact.

No facts have been explained away, I have posted them very clearly...the only issue with them.... is you disregarding them and only being interested in your own narrative that fits the one you keep pushing about lies and dishonesty that you have no proof of.

Thanks for another eloquent reply, I appreciate it. Everything makes more sense now that you reiterated it.