So we have gotten told that the game can no longer have no new content right? But what about the red flashing mask when Jason hits rage with Pamela’s laugh? Isn’t that technically new content?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, that symbol was already in the game, along with Pamela's laugh. It's more like... repurposed content.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

No, that symbol was already in the game, along with Pamela's laugh. It's more like... repurposed content.

That sounds about right.

Does Victoria getting a new ass count as new content?  LOL 

Or is she just acquiring someone else's? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

From where? I never seen the red flashing mask until the latest patch? 

16 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Does Victoria getting a new ass count as new content?  LOL 

Or is she just acquiring someone else's? 

Good question lol

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

From where? I never seen the red flashing mask until the latest patch? 

The red mask is from when Jason's rage meter on the upper left of the screen is filled all the way, just made it blink. As for Victoria's glutes, that was explained:

@aurllcooljay

Then by that logic couldn't clothing assets be tweaked/changed  as well?

For example....Chad wearing his Kobra Kai top and speedos at the same time?  Or new colors for the existing outfits?  Or the pajama pack that was obviously done before the lawsuit thing since it was teased? 

They won't allow that stuff, as covered in that thread and elsewhere but a new ass is okay?  

I'm confused. 

• Like 3

That was also discussed. It's possible but not likely because of the time and effort required to put in, and Gun Media already has bug fixes to worry about.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

The red mask is from when Jason's rage meter on the upper left of the screen is filled all the way, just made it blink. As for Victoria's glutes, that was explained:

But they made the mask flash. Since the mask flashes isn’t that technically adding in something new?

• Like 1

It's a tough call, but here's how I see it:

Victoria's body augmentation wouldn't be new content, because they are just modifying her body, which already exists in the game.

The perk rework wouldn't be new content, because the perks already exist. Consider it more of a balance adjustment.

Anything that would give you new outfit options would likely be new content. Think of a popular t-shirt that comes out in a new color. That's treated as a new and separate product.

@mattshotcha, am I close in my assessment of the situation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

But they made the mask flash. Since the mask flashes isn’t that technically adding in something new?

I would say no, because it is still tweaking content that already exists in the game.

you could also say that about Uber Jason because hes technically in the game sure not 100% finished but hes close enough 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It's possible the flashing/blinking effect was used without any new coding required.

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Anything that would give you new outfit options would likely be new content. Think of a popular t-shirt that comes out in a new color. That's treated as a new and separate product.

To me it seems like cloning an existing product and modifying it, not too different from the flashing mask icon. But once again could still require some work that the devs can't be bothered with right now.

39 minutes ago, shady said:

you could also say that about Uber Jason because hes technically in the game sure not 100% finished but hes close enough 

The model may be in the game, but there could be new coding that comes with it which would be considered new content.

32 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

It's possible the flashing/blinking effect was used without any new coding required.

To me it seems like cloning an existing product and modifying it, not too different from the flashing mask icon. But once again could still require some work that the devs can't be bothered with right now.

The model may be in the game, but there could be new coding that comes with it which would be considered new content.

back when you could get him with the DLL hack he was completely playable just 3 kills didnt have sound and his music was part 8's in theory they could just release him as is and could be fine though he wouldnt be 100% complete but close enough to function properly, oh also when demasked it was part 8's mask on the ground and his image didnt show up in the jason select screen, just showed his name with no image

2 minutes ago, shady said:

back when you could get him with the DLL hack he was completely playable just 3 kills didnt have sound and his music was part 8's in theory they could just release him as is and could be fine though he wouldnt be 100% complete but close enough to function properly, oh also when demasked it was part 8's mask on the ground and his image didnt show up in the jason select screen, just showed his name with no image

What I mean is that although the Jason X model is an existing asset in the game via the virtual cabin, any new coding that he comes along with hasn't received certification since he hasn't been made publicly available. The X machete kills you mentioned (six by the way, three of them are going to be dlc) count as new content, and Gun Media couldn't release him just for that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aurllcooljay said:

What I mean is that although the Jason X model is an existing asset in the game via the virtual cabin, any new coding that he comes along with hasn't received certification since he hasn't been made publicly available. The X machete kills you mentioned (six by the way, three of them are going to be dlc) count as new content, and Gun Media couldn't release him just for that.

they could release him without the x machete at this point and ill be completely fine with him just having to use weapon swap for his weapon, though i cant speak for everyone else

18 hours ago, shady said:

they could release him without the x machete at this point and ill be completely fine with him just having to use weapon swap for his weapon, though i cant speak for everyone else

I am sure everyone would be ok with that....but unfortunately here we are with a situation that’s been beat to death 💀....

if they could they would release him and other DLC........but unfortunately without both Horror inc and Victor Miller on the same page after the halt all content order from the lawsuit what we have in the game is it.

10 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would say no, because it is still tweaking content that already exists in the game.

I agree with you on that one.

6 hours ago, shady said:

Look at it from a slightly different standpoint.

What if someone released a new model car? Let's say the car runs and was missing a few parts. I suppose they could technically release the car, but they decide not to, because they wanted the missing parts added to complete it. It seems like this game would be a similar scenario.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am sure everyone would be ok with that....but unfortunately here we are with a situation that’s been beat to death 💀..

I'll get out the shovel and bury this again. 😎

7 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

I'm not sure they would bother, as the lawsuit tied their hands on new content, and they are working on Layers of Fear 2 set to come out next month..

I would be curious as to the conditions that would allow certain things to be worked on, but not others.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2019 at 2:52 AM, Fair Play said:

It's a tough call, but here's how I see it:

Victoria's body augmentation wouldn't be new content, because they are just modifying her body, which already exists in the game.

The perk rework wouldn't be new content, because the perks already exist. Consider it more of a balance adjustment.

@mattshotcha, am I close in my assessment of the situation?

To an extent, yes. Part of the problem with this topic is how tricky and twisting it is. I defer to the folks that are trained in these matters for more specifics. But this covers the gist of it.

19 hours ago, shady said:

Uber Jason was never complete, and never available through standard means. You could even argue that the addition of Uber Jason, free or not, could sway people to make a purchase and if so, here we are back at the start and the cause of the legal issues to begin with. It's more of a spider web than I think most realize.

22 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It's also based on balancing. Which plays a part in this as well.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

To an extent, yes. Part of the problem with this topic is how tricky and twisting it is. I defer to the folks that are trained in these matters for more specifics. But this covers the gist of it.

You're right about the trickiness of this topic. It's a bitter pill for many to swallow, but swallow it they must.

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Anything pre-existing in the game can be updated or changed because its not new.

If this is really true the game could really be freshened up by changing the spawn locations of the phone house, vehicles, shack, etc.

45 minutes ago, BradleyMaverick said:

If this is really true the game could really be freshened up by changing the spawn locations of the phone house, vehicles, shack, etc.

I'd be inclined to agree. Shaking that up once in a while would keep things interesting.

7 hours ago, BradleyMaverick said:

Correct it can be done because it already exist.

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'd be inclined to agree. Shaking that up once in a while would keep things interesting.

Agreed. 

7 hours ago, BradleyMaverick said:

Agreed, it would be nice if things could be changed a little.