Sign in to follow this  
SteadyGosling

Harassment, or atleast I feel like I’m being harassed...

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

In my defense, even a 747 looks small when its flying into the grand canyon. 

Well, I did tell you you could make valid criticism, so I guess it’s fair that you responded, by criticizing the older women who you have professionally relations with, lol. Not cool but my bad.

7 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

im not here desperate and looking for advice, I’m here to discuss different things we can do with this issue.

I’ll think on it but I don’t know if there are many options.

I’m glad you joined and haven’t been discouraged, I like the rest of your response too. 

9 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

People interactions in this game is the best part. Good or bad I always have a fun time. I'd say 90% of my steam friends came from this game. The few bad apples out there try to ruin it for everyone, but the best thing is just to ignore them and they go away. Trolls only prey looking for reactions. Without them, they get bored and move on..

You don’t even deserve a high road... This was never a men/women thing until you made it one. Don’t try and take over something and make yourself the victim.

the high road ain’t even there, as far as I can tell nobody here except you wants to hear your arguments, or join them. This post is for discussion about bettering the community, not starting hell because you feel like it. 

Respectfully, get out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Well, I did tell you you could make valid criticism, so I guess it’s fair that you responded, by criticizing the older women who you have professionally relations with, lol. Not cool but my bad.

I’ll think on it but I don’t know if there are many options.

I’m glad you joined and haven’t been discouraged, I like the rest of your response too. 

Do you know if I can delete replies off since it’s my original post?

Just now, SteadyGosling said:

Do you know if I can delete replies off since it’s my original post?

Nope, only a Mod can do that. You just got to ignore them unless they break a rule. Which to be honest, I’m the only one that’s actually come close so far, so let’s hope they don’t go on a deleting spree or lock your thread. It’s a good conversation to have as a community. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Nope, only a Mod can do that. You just got to ignore them unless they break a rule. Which to be honest, I’m the only one that’s actually come close so far, so let’s hope they don’t go on a deleting spree or lock your thread. It’s a good conversation to have as a community. 

Ofcourse! Thank you for letting me know :)

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Don’t continue this, I will not be a nice as I have been in the past. This thread isn’t about your little dick.

And you're not gonna get laid as a result of your overzealous white knighting.

• Haha 1

Just now, gtdjlocker311 said:

And you're not gonna get laid as a result of your overzealous white knighting.

Oh, I’m not a white knight, your not my type anyway. 

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, SteadyGosling said:

I feel like I’ve never brought this into a public scale with the forums, but here’s a short way to simplify what I’m trying to say.

For the past year, as a female player i really cannot tell you I’ve Gone a day without getting called vulgar and inappropriate shit (even after I tell them I’m 15 and to stop clearly). This is what the main driving away factor is currently, isn’t the game but honestly the fan base... 

Im 15, but even after i point that out, I still get called sexual and vulgar shit on here. 

Also here’s a main point, Every single time I’ve played this game, which could be around thousands of times now, I can’t get by without being targeted after clearly they’ve made me uncomfortable, and though my friends I play with who are a bit older than me know better and always defend me, this toxic part of the fan base (College guys who think everyone wants them), atleast I’m presuming, is probably one of the biggest forces driving players away that we never talked about. 

We need a real report system, and we need REAL BANS. Especially when shit like this happens. 

I hope I didn’t trigger anyone, and I’m sorry if I did something wrong with this post or it goes against your opinion, but I’m honestly done with this shit, and I feel like bringing it here publicly will help me start conversation about this and help me almost cope in a sense. Thank you!

Are you on ps4, xbone or pc? You can report them in game (consoles) to Sony & Microsoft. Save evidence via recording too. It can get them even temporarily banned. It happened to me when I called this guy a talentless cheating testicle, i waz out a week on psn.

Sadly, because of your age & gender, ignorant people are going to attack you. You'll have to rise above it and prove you're the better player. If you're on psn, join me and we'll kill the guys who are attacking you while they're Jason. It shuts them down pdq. 

Another thing to do is fight fire with fire. Load up some old school opera, accordion or bagpipe music, 10 hour loops of dial up internet connecting, out it to your headset and see how fast people quit. Especially if you're Jason playing a bagpipe version of "Staying Alive" on loop or blasting accordion music over the radios as a counselors, I've made entire lobbies quit doing that. Don't get mad, get even.

8 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

You don’t even deserve a high road... This was never a men/women thing until you made it one. Don’t try and take over something and make yourself the victim.

the high road ain’t even there, as far as I can tell nobody here except you wants to hear your arguments, or join them. This post is for discussion about bettering the community, not starting hell because you feel like it. 

Respectfully, get out.

You are right. This post was a woman harrassment thing, until i made it a people harrassment thing. Was just bringing light that gender has nothing to do with harassment in this game. We all get harrassed, that is just multiplayer gaming in the 21st century. And it is not just this game. You must not play many other multiplayer, cuz it is every multiplayer game I have ever played. Also just to note, I've been kicking it around here for quite sometime and I would say most respect my opinions (look at the reactions on my posts in this thread alone) and especially when it comes to this game. I have many hours into play and have chased away many trolls in the process. Best course of action is to use the mute button. If they are annoying pre game they 1000% will be annoying during game so are of no use to me. And for the record, I will never play the victim card hence my sticks and stones comment. I'm unphasable in that regard.

As far as game play, if you are on PC I play with many different groups that all play this game with respect and in the way it should be played, so feel free to join me anytime(same gamertag). Cheers and best of luck to you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

im not here desperate and looking for advice, I’m here to discuss different things we can do with this issue.

You've brought up a good topic for open discussion. It's something that's needed to be addressed for quite some time. I hope you find the tasteful solutions you seek from the responses here.

15 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Another thing to do is fight fire with fire. Load up some old school opera, accordion or bagpipe music, 10 hour loops of dial up internet connecting, out it to your headset and see how fast people quit. Especially if you're Jason playing a bagpipe version of "Staying Alive" on loop or blasting accordion music over the radios as a counselors, I've made entire lobbies quit doing that. Don't get mad, get even.

My wife happens to like accordion and bagpipe music. It's a part of her heritage. 😎

Joking aside, I get why you would suggest those choices. They are not for everyone, but they do make decent repulsion tactics from what I've heard.

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You've brought up a good topic for open discussion. It's something that's needed to be addressed for quite some time. I hope you find the tasteful solutions you seek from the responses here.

My wife happens to like accordion and bagpipe music. It's a part of her heritage. 😎

Joking aside, I get why you would suggest those choices. They are not for everyone, but they do make decent repulsion tactics from what I've heard.

I've made entire lobbies rage quit. It was HILARIOUS when the host quit over hearing 10 hour loops of bagpipes.

31 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

I've made entire lobbies rage quit. It was HILARIOUS when the host quit over hearing 10 hour loops of bagpipes.

It's an acquired taste not many have the stomach for.

IMO theres two kinds of people..   Ones who think everything is harassment.  And constantly use the term toxic.  And just can't handle anything.   They sort of make themselves a victim. 

And people who simply don't give a damn. Nothing is toxic..  its just trash talking.

I mean, i myself give everyone open permission to be as toxic as they want to me.. Harass me all you want.  I simply don't care.  Either you're going to entertain me (if you're good at it) OR bore me (if you suck at it).     And if you suck it at it, I'll find a flash point easily and dig right in.  If you're really bad at it, I just ignore it (because its like taking candy from a baby)

if its funny.. I'll just return the serve and see how far I can take it.   At that point its now mind games.