Dunken

(Discussion/Review) How Good is Speed Demon?

Speed Demon is a very interesting perk as it can be used both as a 'Team Perk' or a 'Lone Wolf Perk'. So lets start with its first effect and it reads as follows: "1-25% Increases Vehicle Speed if you are escaping Alone". Now, this might sound like a douchy Perk since it appears to promote the "Lone Wolf" approach in a team based game. But when you think about it, you can use this perk to get to your team mates faster. Albeit, now that they are in the car with you, you're now slower. Now, let's look at its Legendary Effect and it reads as follows: "1-3% Sprint Speed Increased". I'd argue that out of all the Legendary effects in the game, THIS is the best one and I'll go into detail why. Because you run faster, you can 'House Hop' more effectively,  you can deliver Car and Boat Parts faster, and even run from Jason a little bit better. There's also other small things that this enhances like getting to doors, placing traps in front of Phone Boxes so that Jason can't trap it, and getting to other team mates. I HIGHLY recommend that if you are running this perk, that you use it on characters like Deborah, Mitch, AJ and especially Lachappa. Characters with low mobility could really benefit from a perk like this since it helps fix the area that they most lack at. Now on to its drawback and it reads as follows, "1-15% Repair Speed Decreased" now, this really is not that big of a deal especially if Jason is far away from you when you are putting Battery or Gas on the Car and even putting the Propeller in. This drawback could actually be good for characters with low Repair like Brandon or Tiffany who have the worst Repair state in the game as it'll give them more time to complete the Mini-Games since theirs is the hardest out of the bunch. But if you're using Speed Demon for slower repair, then you might as well play a repair character like Deborah. And if Deborah is not your cup of tea, then you could pick Sheldon or even Kenny who may not be the best at repairing, but can get the job done decent enough. So overall, what do I think of Speed Demon? Well, its a good perk but not a great one and let me explain; how likely are you to be the one driving a car when there's six other Counselors on your team? You would have to RUSH to open all the Cabinets in each house and pray to the RNG Gods that that's the one that has Keys in it. Even if you have good item location awareness, what's not to say that there's another Counselor on your Team that has equal to if not better item location awareness than you do, snatching away your time to utilize your Speed Demon Perk. Another instance is what-if all the cars are already used to escape or if they're destroyed? You basically have a dead perk on you assuming you don't have it Legendary. So again, the perk is good and I hope to one day see more people use it. Thank you so much for reading this and let me know what you think of Speed Demon :)

I feel like it isn’t worth using and it is too situational. I’m not a huge fan of situational perks like that. It’ll be interesting to hear what others have to say about it. 

Worthless perk to ever have equipped.

To get it's actual use, you have to be a douche or the last one alive.  And you have to get the keys, or grab the keys off someone's dead body. 

You might get use of this perk 1 out of every 100 games. 

Legendary Speed Demon is the best Perk in the game in my Opinion and within my playstyle. Speed increase allows you save Stamina and get out of Jason's line of sight easier dodging Knives or getting out of range of Normal Shift Grabs easier. As a player that can always solo repair an objective starting it would give me a free escape even vs +Shift Jasons. You can also challenge water speed Jasons for the escape, the boat is untrappable and if you move faster you can easily escape vs Waterspeed. Mine is +22% Vehicle increase, -3% Repair Speed, +3% Speed increase. Incredibly helpful for players that know where Parts spawn making them faster at completing objectives. The Perk makes survival as the last one incredibly easy. With this speed bonus as a Stealth character you can lose Jason in a chase. Every game I play I get considerable use out of this perk. I've been winning even in lobbies of 4 people or less. This perk is for players that are able to Speedrun the game and Survive in the face of great Adversity greatly recommend

I barely ever roll this perk, of any kind in its form.

Just more proof that the las vegas style system needs to go.

Even so, im not sure I'd ever use it over the more meta perks.

I've tried out different forms of the most useless ones like the swim perks in their many, many rolls with epic or legendary. Trying to build a stealth swimmer in the water but with sense toggle/rage its a pointless venture. I've won maybe 1 in 10 matches with that build just hiding out in the water the legal way.

I have a legendary speed demon (+23 vehicle speed -2% repair speed +1% faster sprint speed) haven't used it because the bonus stat is a measly 1%. Legendary perks are already hard enough to get because of the moronic perk-a-lotto system and then you have to be REALLY lucky to roll a good bonus stat which in this case is +3%. Obviously I was unlucky to roll a +1% bonus which I don't think will help me much.

I did however use an uncommon (blue) speed demon before but mostly because of the - repair speed penalty. It helped me to repair as Kenny with less pressure because he averages way too many QTEs with very short to short time to react to them.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I barely ever roll this perk, of any kind in its form.

Just more proof that the las vegas style system needs to go.

Even so, im not sure I'd ever use it over the more meta perks.

I've tried out different forms of the most useless ones like the swim perks in their many, many rolls with epic or legendary. Trying to build a stealth swimmer in the water but with sense toggle/rage its a pointless venture. I've won maybe 1 in 10 matches with that build just hiding out in the water the legal way.

It works on Crystal Lake when you get Jason's who don't realize that they have to actually go out into the water to sense someone who's hanging out at the boat exit. 

It's fun to use. You can have people meet you at the exit while taking Jason on a merry chase. You can combine it with Lead Foot for stupid speed.