Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Mother's Day

Anyone doing anything specific for their mother on that day?

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2019 at 10:29 PM, Fair Play said:

Anyone doing anything specific for their mother on that day?

I feel attacked.... :( RIP Momma Pamela.

Nope, she’s dead, but I will be killing some Counselors today in her honour. 

Sorry I missed your thread @Fair Play.

All the best, to all the Mom’s. 

My older brother went to church with me yesterday, but that was all we did. Mom died a couple of years ago from cancer. She was diagnosed mid-December 2016, died a week before Valentines Day in 2017. They caught it way too late to even attempt treatment.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that @HaHaTrumpWon, I lost my mother to Cancer as well. It’s the fucking worst, it’s hard to believe it was all the way back in 2005 for me, doesn’t feel like it’s been 14 years but it does get easier to think about. Your brother sounds like a good guy, and it’s not all you did, you took the time to post here, it’s a small thing but it’s still a tribute to her. 

27 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry to hear that @HaHaTrumpWon, I lost my mother to Cancer as well. It’s the fucking worst, it’s hard to believe it was all the way back in 2005 for me, doesn’t feel like it’s been 14 years but it does get easier to think about. Your brother sounds like a good guy, and it’s not all you did, you took the time to post here, it’s a small thing but it’s still a tribute to her. 

Not to sound preachy, but if you smoke, and you have kids, quit. Mom smoked all her life and, as asshole'ish as this is going to sound, basically brought this upon herself and made US go through losing our only surviving parent (Dad died in 2010 from the same thing). Trust me, that's not something you want to do to your kids.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not to sound preachy, but if you smoke, and you have kids, quit. Mom smoked all her life and, as asshole'ish as this is going to sound, basically brought this upon herself and made US go through losing our only surviving parent (Dad died in 2010 from the same thing). Trust me, that's not something you want to do to your kids.

I do unfortunately. Don’t worry about sounding preachy, you’re not saying anything I don’t know. I really wish it was that easy and seeing as I lost my dad on the 5th of the month and my mom on the 15th of the same month and year, you can imagine it wasn’t something I wanted to live through or have my son experience when he’s older. I’m getting there but smoking is a fucking horrible addiction and I’ve been doing it since I was in utero. No one should start smoking cigarettes or vaping nicotine it’s just money down the drain and a bad way to go.

22 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry I missed your thread @Fair Play.

Don't worry about it. You're quite busy on the forum these days, and potentially the most frequent poster as of late. I appreciate the response.

21 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

My older brother went to church with me yesterday, but that was all we did. Mom died a couple of years ago from cancer. She was diagnosed mid-December 2016, died a week before Valentines Day in 2017. They caught it way too late to even attempt treatment.

Spending time with family in any form is sometimes enough. Being there for one another after the loss of a loved one strengthens one another. Any loved one you lose lives on in the hearts and memories of those left behind.

20 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

By all means, preach. I don't smoke personally, but I've been trying to encourage extended family members and friends that do to consider cutting back, and hopefully quit. While it's hard to quit, I still have hope for those I personally know that smoke to eventually give it up one day.

For those on here trying to quit, take it one day at a time. I wish you all the best of luck.

• Like 1