Sign in to follow this  
RichWalk9891

I'm bored. Yet another Stat re-balance ideas topic.

[Composure]

• Is now used in place of the Repair statistic when filling vehicles with petrol
  • Is now used in place of the Luck statistic when starting/restarting the engine on vehicles
  • Influences the chances of a favourable repair check pattern when attempting a repair
  • 6/10 and above = 1 second of stumbling animation, 5/10 and below = 2 seconds of stumbling animation
  • 6/10 and above = will keep silent when a Power Box goes out, 5/10 and below = will panic for a few seconds when a Power Box goes out
  • 6/10 and above = Can break free from Jason's grip much easier, 5/10 and below = Cannot break free from Jason's grip as easily
    • Works in conjunction with the Strength statistic, but unlike Strength, Composure offers a bigger bonus in breaking free from Jason's grip

[Luck]

• Determines the chance to avoid taking damage when climbing/jumping through broken windows
  • Determines the chances of a Firecracker activating immediately upon use, lasting longer than usual, and stunning Jason for longer if he is caught inside the radius.
  • Determines the chances of retrieving a Pocket Knife if used to disarm a trap. Only works once per pocket knife.

[Speed]

• The 3/10 value is now transferred over to the 1/10 value, and then the values between 2/10 and 9/10 are then reworked to help make all Counselors besides Vanessa and Tommy faster. Assuming that the difference between Jenny/Eric/Mitch and Vanessa/Tommy is 12%, the new values are as follows:
    • Jenny, Eric, Mitch: From 0% to 2.66% (faster than original 4/10)
    • A.J., Deborah, Fox, Shelly, Victoria: From 1.71% to 4% (faster than original 5/10)
    • Adam, Kenny: From 3.42% to 5.33% (faster than original 6/10)
    • Tiffany: From 5.14% to 6.85%
    • Brandon: From 8.57% to 9.33%
    • Chad: From 10.29% to 10.67%

[Stamina]

• 6/10 and above = Stamina regenerates slower, 5/10 and below = Stamina regenerates faster

[Stealth]

• 6/10 and above = Will not show up in Jason's Sense radar when Fear Level is low, 5/10 and above = Always visible in Jason's Sense radar without using perks
  • Stealth is also reworked so that not as many points are needed to avoid giving out sound blips in Jason's point of view
    • 1/10 and above = Crawling is silent
    • 2/10 and above = Walking is silent
    • 4/10 and 5/10 = Jogging is silent only at low Fear
    • 6/10 and 7/10 = Jogging is always silent
    • 8/10 and 9/10 = Sprinting is silent only at low Fear
    • 10/10 = Sprinting is always silent
  • Once Jason hits Rage Mode, everyone's Stealth is essentially a 5/10, and everyone will always appear in Jason's Sense radar unless perks are used.

[Strength]

• Stun duration time with melee weapons are slightly increased for all Counselor to compensate for Jason's Rage Mode buff, but are still scaled by how much Strength a Counselor has. In other words, Jenny and Deborah will stun Jason for slightly longer than before with a melee weapon, but will still not stun Jason for as long as Tommy and Brandon can.
  • 6/10 and above = Melee weapons can still stun Jason in Rage Mode (though the stun time is much shorter), 5/10 and below = Melee weapons cannot stun Jason in Rage Mode
  • 6/10 and above = Can endure up to two traps before dying from the third trap, 5/10 and below = Can only endure one trap before the second trap kills the Counselor
  • 6/10 and above = Innate 10-20% resistance to damage, 5/10 and below = No innate damage resistance bonus
  • 6/10 and above = Takes less time to pry free from traps, 5/10 and below = Takes more time to pry free from traps
  • 6/10 and above = Can break free from Jason's grip slightly easier, 5/10 and below = Cannot break free from Jason's grip as easily
    • Works in conjunction with the Composure stat, but unlike Composure, doesn't offer as much bonus from breaking free from Jason's grip

---

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I really love the stealth ideas you have. This would make stealth a lot more useful than it is. 

Counselors definitely need their stat pool and purposes reworked to make them more worthwhile.

I like the ideas.

Strength should factor into breaking free from Jason's grabs. Right now, it makes no sense that your physical strength doesn't help you in any way while trying to break free from a grapple.

16 hours ago, Blue Firebird said:

Strength should factor into breaking free from Jason's grabs. Right now, it makes no sense that your physical strength doesn't help you in any way while trying to break free from a grapple.

I believe it already does in the base game, since both Composure and Strength are used to break free from Jason's grip. Because of this, Adam is considered to be the best Counselor to break free due to his high Composure and Strength.

I'll copy and paste this feature from the Composure changes list onto the Strength changes list as well.

Jason isn't over powered, he's underpowered. He needs buffed or the counselors nerfed .

19 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Jason isn't over powered, he's underpowered. He needs buffed or the counselors nerfed .

Don't worry, I'm not suggesting that the Counselors should be made stronger.

What I am proposing are quality-of-life changes in how their statistics function, so that the Counselors are more diverse and viable.

With these changes in mind, Vanessa will still be the fastest out of all Counselors, but she now has to worry about stumbling longer than usual due to the new Composure changes, and she will also regenerate energy more slowly in spite of her high Stamina, which will make her easier to catch as Jason now.

Meanwhile, Jenny is harder to find even with Jason's 'Sense' ability due to the new Stealth and Composure changes, she can move faster and also recover lost energy quicker, and is excellent in putting fuel in vehicles and when starting/restarting the engine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichWalk9891 said:

Don't worry, I'm not suggesting that the Counselors should be made stronger.

What I am proposing are quality-of-life changes in how their statistics function, so that the Counselors are more diverse and viable.

With these changes in mind, Vanessa will still be the fastest out of all Counselors, but she now has to worry about stumbling longer than usual due to the new Composure changes, and she will also regenerate energy more slowly in spite of her high Stamina, which will make her easier to catch as Jason now.

Meanwhile, Jenny is harder to find even with Jason's 'Sense' ability due to the new Stealth and Composure changes, she can move faster and also recover lost energy quicker, and is excellent in putting fuel in vehicles and when starting/restarting the engine.

That's over powering Jenny. Repair stat is useless with your changes. The stats work fine but Ness needs nerfed to strength and composure

55 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

That's over powering Jenny. Repair stat is useless with your changes. The stats work fine but Ness needs nerfed to strength and composure

I can't really judge whether or not my changes would make Jenny truly overpowered or Vanessa less overpowered, but I fail to see how my changes have made the Repair stat useless.

You're still using the Repair statistic to use a Car Battery, Phone Box Fuse, and Boat Propeller to fit them in the car/boat. You're also still using the Repair statistic to fix a broken Power Box should Jason destroy one. All I've changed is that the Composure stat is used in place of the Repair stat when using Fuel Cans only.

2 hours ago, RichWalk9891 said:

I can't really judge whether or not my changes would make Jenny truly overpowered or Vanessa less overpowered, but I fail to see how my changes have made the Repair stat useless.

You're still using the Repair statistic to use a Car Battery, Phone Box Fuse, and Boat Propeller to fit them in the car/boat. You're also still using the Repair statistic to fix a broken Power Box should Jason destroy one. All I've changed is that the Composure stat is used in place of the Repair stat when using Fuel Cans only.

Okay, i miss understood your point on fuel. I still think the current system worka fine.

• Like 1