tyrant666

Server Ponders...Whats Your Preference?

Would you rather play on out of country servers if it means you're trading more players for higher ping or would you rather wait longer for in country servers but it might mean the wait is longer but with better pings?

Me personally. There are times where I would rather wait longer to play on in country servers. As a US player, I absolutely can't stand playing on out of country servers, especially as Jason. Throwing Knives require more finesse especially. As counselor, car rubber banding is much more prevalent when I think I've escaped Jason only to be meleed to death despite being far away from him.

They used to have it on PC so you could pick the server region you wanted, but they removed it. My only guess is with the player count so low on PC, they wanted to pool the players together, regardless of what the server region is. This would've prevented players from getting zero games if said regions had no players in them, however the trade off is some lobbies having multiple players with nearly 150-200 ping mixed with a bunch of low ping players. Frustrating.

Thoughts?

Only time i've had ping issues with Non US servers(i live in NY) is when I'm in a party. When i play solo, I never really notice any difference. Now the level of toxic players is a different thing. Always run into glitchers on the euro servers, so i tend to rather not play on them.

For the last month or two it's been impossible to find US servers. The game sits there searching for a server for 2-3 minutes until eventually it drops me in an EU, SA, or AP server. The last time I played, it was actually taking over 6 minutes to find a server, and it was just putting me in local servers after all that. I'm thinking there are only a handful of US servers left. It makes it very hard to play this game, and I don't know why it's like that when the playercount is under 300 most nights anyway.

I never want to play on anything besides a US server, the ping is too bad and there's no excuse given that the servers used to work much better. Of course, back when they let you pick your region, US servers were full of angry players from certain other countries, but that has now subsided for the most part.

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Only time i've had ping issues with Non US servers(i live in NY) is when I'm in a party. When i play solo, I never really notice any difference. Now the level of toxic players is a different thing. Always run into glitchers on the euro servers, so i tend to rather not play on them.

I have had the same experience. As the only person from North America on an EU server, it is still playable... but the more people you have in your group, the higher the pings will get. If you are Jason, a knife hit is like winning the lottery with those high pings.
   I will always back out of any server in favor of the US servers if I have even one friend with me. The problem is, it will sometimes throw you in far away servers many times in a row... After seven times... I usually give up and call it a night. But this has only happened a couple of times. I do not understand why it will not create a new lobby in your local server before throwing you overseas... it is not like they are overloaded. I would rather wait for a few players and play with fewer counselors than play with high pings... and many of my friends feel the same way.

3 hours ago, Mince said:

The game sits there searching for a server for 2-3 minutes until eventually it drops me in an EU, SA, or AP server.

I understand your frustration with this... but in my experience, it rarely takes two minutes to find a lobby (on PC). If your timer gets over two minutes, cancel and try again... It gets caught in a loop sometimes and should be reset. Try it this at least, you might have better luck. More often than not, I get into a server within thirty seconds to one minute.
   I sometimes have bad luck with several overseas servers in a row... but it is more of a rarity for me then it is for you apparently. For the most part, I get into US servers within a couple of tries for the most part... and even more often, I am in the US servers on the first try. I will see overseas servers a few times every night though... It was nicer when we did not get booted out of a lobby for no apparent reason... But then there are times that I leave because I recognize players in a lobby that I know are assholes and I refuse to play with them... so I have to back out and try again... Then there are times the lobby fills before the friend you just invited can get in... and you have to leave to pick them up and try again.

Back when we could pick the servers, there was a problem with high pings in many matches... it is better that we get thrown into our local lobby by default... Still not understanding why we get thrown overseas in the first place... particularly when in a group... Why would a full lobby of friends not initiate a new lobby on your local server? Or even half full for that matter? I still get thrown overseas at times with a full lobby... this makes no sense to me.

5 hours ago, bronzy1 said:

how do you know what server you're in? 

It should be right underneath the map selection

image.png.5028c36be8d3d490c47f1b5c750d22ad.png

On 5/2/2019 at 8:22 AM, tyrant666 said:

Would you rather play on out of country servers if it means you're trading more players for higher ping or would you rather wait longer for in country servers but it might mean the wait is longer but with better pings?

I’m honestly not sure, and glad I don’t have to make the decision because both could cost players. It’s definitely a tough question as a player I hate waiting but shit ping makes it a chore to play. I’m abstaining, both options make me unhappy. 

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

All i know is that client side servers need to be brought back once dedicated goes offline.

That would be nice.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

NY?  Swing or slash ?^^

I've been having issues finding matches eversince the graphics update , i need at least one friend to get myself into a public match...

4 minutes ago, DeadDuck said:

NY?  Swing or slash ?^^

I've been having issues finding matches eversince the graphics update , i need at least one friend to get myself into a public match...

I'm same name on steam. Always down to play. I'll be on tonight(after 7:30 est).

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I'm same name on steam. Always down to play. I'll be on tonight(after 7:30 est).

I play on PS4 :D

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

It should be right underneath the map selection

image.png.5028c36be8d3d490c47f1b5c750d22ad.png

Thanks!! I've never noticed it (or I should say,  I have never paid attention to it lol)