SteveChristy

Had One of My Most Satisfying Rounds Tonight

Was in a group of three tonight for a few rounds and on the last match we were up against a Savini who was teaming with at least one of the counselors. This became evident when he conveniently showed up at the phone house despite me repairing it flawlessly. Jason was after one of my teammates at the time when suddenly he stopped mid-chase and morphed to my location as I was running in to make the call. I stunned him and began to flee the scene as he trapped the box and commenced to tunneling me for a couple mins. My buddy makes it to the phone house and before he's even half way through the animation of disarming the trap, Jason stops coming after me and morphs straight to him and kills him.

Me and my other partner turned our focus to one of the cars as Jason was now camping the phone. Wouldn't you know it, before we even made it there with the gas he was on us. At this point I switched over to game chat and proceeded to tell this guy what a drizzling shit he must be if he needs Savini AND a spotter to play this game, while also pointing out that despite those advantages he still had only managed to get one of us half way into the round. As I was in the process of switching back over to party chat I could hear one of the counselors tell Jason "kill me so I'll get Tommy". Jason morphed away to presumably do just that. Problem was, they forgot (or never knew) the one other person Jason killed was one of us, who just so happened to get the magic Tommy token and came back.

So now, the group is back together, and it's Adam (me), Vanessa, and Tommy, and we're like "F this asshole" and made a beeline for the shack. And since Jason's buddy was now dead he lost access to the map and couldn't quite tell right off hand where we were going simply by watching our screens. We made it to the shack and Vanessa runs in to grab the sweater. Jason shows up immediately where Tommy is waiting with eyes on the target; BOOM. Down he goes. I run in and grab the ax (Vanessa already had one). Jason gets up and I combat-stance attack; off comes the mask. Vanessa passes her ax to Tommy and prepares to activate the sweater when suddenly..........this paper Savini loses his macho balls and morphs away. He had been all hellfire and brimstone with relentless pursuit when his buddy was calling spots for him.

Expecting him to sneak attack us with a shift, we all calmly strode back into the shack to reduce his open field advantage and commenced the dancing, flickered our flashlights, defiled Mama V's poor decrepit head in what resembled a cult-circle tea-bagging, and all of us switched over to game chat and heckled this asswipe mercilessly for cheating, and like a typical bully, running like a little bitch when the tables were turned. We figured he'd quit, honestly. All his advantages had been neutralized and he was demasked. To our surprise, he came back. He set traps in front of the entrance to the shack (uh.....ok) and tried to melee us through the walls. When that didn't work he tried knives and couldn't hit us. We were still trolling our assess off both verbally and virtually through emotes/dancing/flashlights/teabags. Right around this time the two-minute warning sounded and he began to realize we weren't coming out, and if he wanted to end the fun he'd have to try his luck and enter. By now we had all stopped moving completely to try to lull him to a false state of security, and..................................... IT WORKED! He finally shifted into the main room with what I'd estimate to be about 50 seconds left in the round. We all simultaneously started to move, and he lunged for me and missed, and feverishly tried to get his big ass into the doorway when Vanessa struck; sweater time! Tommy lined up behind him and entered combat stance with the ax. He strikes and Savini hits his knees. Tommy then calmly, almost arrogantly strode around him and stood there for a second to let him think about it, then.....checkmate!

I gotta tell you; I HATE Jason teamers. But, a damn Savini cheating? That's sacrilegious and downright nutless. Watching that bastard faceplant after it looked like he might eventually clear the room with the cowardice was so satisfying. We all cheered and laughed our asses off. Other players we hadn't heard from up till then also chimed in with laughter. One of them said something to the effect of "HAHA!! Killed that flaming dick!" 😄

Going in, we had said it was our last round. Damn fine way to end the night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

.........this paper Savini loses his macho balls and morphs away. He had been all hellfire and brimstone with relentless pursuit when his buddy was calling spots for him.

Not to stand up for a teamer, but morphing away is the best tactic against Tommy and Sweater girl. Stalk, throw knives, shift in to strike then morph out. Only chance we have at this point since mask is off in a few hits and will be screwed..

• Like 1

Bravo!  I love hearing about how teamers and deck stackers get theirs.  I've had a few great matches bur rhat sounds like the best one yet

• Like 1

Trapping the outside of the shack is about the only thing a Jason can do at that point.  It effectively becomes a stalemate as to which side wants the kill the most. Jason going into the shack is basically instant death. Counselors leaving the shack with multiple traps outside the door with Jason ready to slash isn’t instant death, but it ain’t  easy. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

At this point I switched over to game chat and proceeded to tell this guy what a drizzling shit he must be if he needs Savini AND a spotter to play this game, while also pointing out that despite those advantages he still had only managed to get one of us half way into the round

and all of us switched over to game chat and heckled this asswipe mercilessly for cheating, and like a typical bully, running like a little bitch when the tables were turned.

Hanging out in party chat, and you have the nerve to complain about the other guy cheating? Trollish and hypocritical. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Sounds like a good game for you guys. Should’ve recorded it

I actually did hit share/save video on the PS4. I haven't had a chance to go back in and see how much of it was saved, but I'm betting most of the good stuff is there.

18 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Take this well-earned ownage trophy.  Good job.  Love reading good teamer comeuppance stories like this.👍

Many thanks! I'm sure there's tons of stories like this, but I dunno, I haven't felt that jazzed after a round since probably the beta days or shortly after launch.

18 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Not to stand up for a teamer, but morphing away is the best tactic against Tommy and Sweater girl. Stalk, throw knives, shift in to strike then morph out. Only chance we have at this point since mask is off in a few hits and will be screwed..

I agree. In our case though, we don't normally form a kill squad unless we sense something shady going on. A Jason shifting away from Sweater Girl is usually expected, but with this guy, after all his crap, we felt like this was a typical humbled-bully move running away with his tail tucked.

6 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

Bravo!  I love hearing about how teamers and deck stackers get theirs.  I've had a few great matches bur rhat sounds like the best one yet

It was a good time. We went from thinking "this butthole is gonna wipe us all out" to "haha, look at him!!!"

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Trapping the outside of the shack is about the only thing a Jason can do at that point.  It effectively becomes a stalemate as to which side wants the kill the most. Jason going into the shack is basically instant death. Counselors leaving the shack with multiple traps outside the door with Jason ready to slash isn’t instant death, but it ain’t  easy. 

Good perspective. With us, we were actually content to just stay in there and deprive him of the kills. I was honestly surprised when he finally shifted toward us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Hanging out in party chat, and you have the nerve to complain about the other guy cheating? Trollish and hypocritical. 

What can I say? Sometimes my friends and I enjoy a round without squeakers and other nonsensical B.S.

• Like 1

My best game was abut a month ago when I was able to repair the fuse box, call the police,  find all the parts to the blue car, fix and start it, round up 3 other counselors, and escape with Jason constantly shifting and morphing to stop us. I am by no means the best driver but I was lucky there were no obstacles when I swerved to avoid him. When we made it out, the other 3 counselors were all cheering me on. It was awesome but it did make me wonder what the hell everyone else was doing while I was fixing everything, including Jason lol

4 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

My best game was abut a month ago when I was able to repair the fuse box, call the police,  find all the parts to the blue car, fix and start it, round up 3 other counselors, and escape with Jason constantly shifting and morphing to stop us. I am by no means the best driver but I was lucky there were no obstacles when I swerved to avoid him. When we made it out, the other 3 counselors were all cheering me on. It was awesome but it did make me wonder what the hell everyone else was doing while I was fixing everything, including Jason lol

You would not believe how many QP matches I have had and thought this. Then I die and cycle though players and 2 were under beds and the others Dancing in front of fire at main house.. SMH.. 😂

9 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

What can I say? Sometimes my friends and I enjoy a round without squeakers and other nonsensical B.S.

I'm not gonna jump down your throat over it, and I get not liking to deal with squeakers, music players or most others foolishness. But being 2-3 deep in private chats is a big advantage. Coordination from the get go without Jason being able to hear you? It's definitely putting the game on easy mode.

I'm not saying that Jason was right to cheat, but complaining about him being underhanded when you're pulling shenanigans is bull. Good job on your kill, but next time just mute the fools who don't add to the game, even if that is the whole lobby, or at least don't inform us you're playing in party chat. 

5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm not gonna jump down your throat over it, and I get not liking to deal with squeakers, music players or most others foolishness. But being 2-3 deep in private chats is a big advantage. Coordination from the get go without Jason being able to hear you? It's definitely putting the game on easy mode.

I'm not saying that Jason was right to cheat, but complaining about him being underhanded when you're pulling shenanigans is bull. Good job on your kill, but next time just mute the fools who don't add to the game, even if that is the whole lobby, or at least don't inform us you're playing in party chat. 

It’s true, and honestly a bit of a cheat. It defeats the purpose of the walkies. You can just mute the people that annoy you. 

5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Our views differ a bit there. Our group would be talking and coordinating all the same, game or party chat. Only difference is whether we're in the mood for some stupid kid to chime in and tell us how "bad we are" when we're the only ones actually playing the game. When you're in a lobby full of do-nothings, to us, they've forfeited their right to know what we're doing and aren't entitled to reap the rewards of our work.

And we used to just merely mute the ones who were annoying, but after a while it gets to be a chore as people are moving in and out of the lobbies every game. Few things more annoying than when you're right in the middle of coordinating a key objective and some kid starts screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD BROS HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME BROS BROS BROS" piercing your ears and you can't hear your teammates. I'm not gonna stop repairing the phone box, pause the game, find the little shit's name, and mute him. Some nights we just aren't in the mood for that, or loads of homophobic racists spewing their troll jargon.

As far as Jason being able to hear you, we always mute him in game chat so he can't hear us, as muting him is an in-game option, not a PS4 override. Why would you give him that luxury? It isn't like Jason is walking around with a radio.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

You would not believe how many QP matches I have had and thought this. Then I die and cycle though players and 2 were under beds and the others Dancing in front of fire at main house.. SMH.. 😂

I hear you. What I wouldn't give to play a lobby where at least some work together, not as a kill squad, but fixing the car, boat or phone

3 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I hear you. What I wouldn't give to play a lobby where at least some work together, not as a kill squad, but fixing the car, boat or phone

In my experience, sometimes the ones working together as a kill squad are only doing it because they're unable to repair anything to escape. Either the repair counselors got killed or they are trying to use the wrong counselors for the job, realize it's not going to work, and decide to kill Jason instead. Those are the easiest squads to deal with, as they probably have little communication or strategy and are probably following the "Just stay huddled together" tactic 

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

In my experience, sometimes the ones working together as a kill squad are only doing it because they're unable to repair anything to escape. Either the repair counselors got killed or they are trying to use the wrong counselors for the job, realize it's not going to work, and decide to kill Jason instead. Those are the easiest squads to deal with, as they probably have little communication or strategy and are probably following the "Just stay huddled together" tactic 

While I don't mind the joy of killing Jason, I'd prefer it to be a lucky sequence of events instead of set strategy. I play with the mindset of fixing and escape first

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 1:30 AM, SteveChristy said:

I actually did hit share/save video on the PS4. I haven't had a chance to go back in and see how much of it was saved, but I'm betting most of the good stuff is there.

And you're gonna share it here, right?

On 5/2/2019 at 1:32 AM, SteveChristy said:

i have to agree with mr christy here. its more enjoyable to just party with a few friends. we follow strict jason code and still help who ever we can. when one of us is jason we usualy try to kill our jason friend (cuz its hilarious) so no worry about jason teaming either. nobody waters down my jason experence by giving campers away on a rusty platter anyways. im only in game chat when i play solo, and when i do, im reminded why i like being in my party.. trolls, little kids, big shot know it alls, false information givers, racist fowl mouth brag happy morons, annoying kiss ass guys tryin to flirt with the ladies, confident glitch weiners, the list goes on. what better way is there to ignore a troll than not beig able to hear them at all? not to say ya wont find any desent people, sometimes i meet some great players in game chat. there are plenty, i just like to stick with my pals. i dont think theres anything wrong with partying, so long as you play with honor. cant always assume someone is cheating just cuz theyre in party chat.

oh and well done mr christy, you put them dirt bags back where they belong. i too have a strong distaste for jason teamers/glitch weaklings as we all do.. its such a great game, why spoil the game for yourself using such cheap, boring tactics? its a waste of jason technology.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i have to agree with mr christy here. its more enjoyable to just party with a few friends. we follow strict jason code and still help who ever we can. when one of us is jason we usualy try to kill our jason friend (cuz its hilarious) so no worry about jason teaming either. nobody waters down my jason experence by giving campers away on a rusty platter anyways. im only in game chat when i play solo, and when i do, im reminded why i like being in my party.. trolls, little kids, big shot know it alls, false information givers, racist fowl mouth brag happy morons, annoying kiss ass guys tryin to flirt with the ladies, confident glitch weiners, the list goes on. what better way is there to ignore a troll than not beig able to hear them at all? not to say ya wont find any desent people, sometimes i meet some great players in game chat. there are plenty, i just like to stick with my pals. i dont think theres anything wrong with partying, so long as you play with honor. cant always assume someone is cheating just cuz theyre in party chat.

oh and well done mr christy, you put them dirt bags back where they belong. i too have a strong distaste for jason teamers/glitch weaklings as we all do.. its such a great game, why spoil the game for yourself using such cheap, boring tactics? its a waste of jason technology.

Very well said, Sir. 'Agree with this ten-fold.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:55 AM, SteveChristy said:

Was in a group of three tonight for a few rounds and on the last match we were up against a Savini who was teaming with at least one of the counselors. This became evident when he conveniently showed up at the phone house despite me repairing it flawlessly. Jason was after one of my teammates at the time when suddenly he stopped mid-chase and morphed to my location as I was running in to make the call. I stunned him and began to flee the scene as he trapped the box and commenced to tunneling me for a couple mins. My buddy makes it to the phone house and before he's even half way through the animation of disarming the trap, Jason stops coming after me and morphs straight to him and kills him.

Me and my other partner turned our focus to one of the cars as Jason was now camping the phone. Wouldn't you know it, before we even made it there with the gas he was on us. At this point I switched over to game chat and proceeded to tell this guy what a drizzling shit he must be if he needs Savini AND a spotter to play this game, while also pointing out that despite those advantages he still had only managed to get one of us half way into the round. As I was in the process of switching back over to party chat I could hear one of the counselors tell Jason "kill me so I'll get Tommy". Jason morphed away to presumably do just that. Problem was, they forgot (or never knew) the one other person Jason killed was one of us, who just so happened to get the magic Tommy token and came back.

So now, the group is back together, and it's Adam (me), Vanessa, and Tommy, and we're like "F this asshole" and made a beeline for the shack. And since Jason's buddy was now dead he lost access to the map and couldn't quite tell right off hand where we were going simply by watching our screens. We made it to the shack and Vanessa runs in to grab the sweater. Jason shows up immediately where Tommy is waiting with eyes on the target; BOOM. Down he goes. I run in and grab the ax (Vanessa already had one). Jason gets up and I combat-stance attack; off comes the mask. Vanessa passes her ax to Tommy and prepares to activate the sweater when suddenly..........this paper Savini loses his macho balls and morphs away. He had been all hellfire and brimstone with relentless pursuit when his buddy was calling spots for him.

Expecting him to sneak attack us with a shift, we all calmly strode back into the shack to reduce his open field advantage and commenced the dancing, flickered our flashlights, defiled Mama V's poor decrepit head in what resembled a cult-circle tea-bagging, and all of us switched over to game chat and heckled this asswipe mercilessly for cheating, and like a typical bully, running like a little bitch when the tables were turned. We figured he'd quit, honestly. All his advantages had been neutralized and he was demasked. To our surprise, he came back. He set traps in front of the entrance to the shack (uh.....ok) and tried to melee us through the walls. When that didn't work he tried knives and couldn't hit us. We were still trolling our assess off both verbally and virtually through emotes/dancing/flashlights/teabags. Right around this time the two-minute warning sounded and he began to realize we weren't coming out, and if he wanted to end the fun he'd have to try his luck and enter. By now we had all stopped moving completely to try to lull him to a false state of security, and..................................... IT WORKED! He finally shifted into the main room with what I'd estimate to be about 50 seconds left in the round. We all simultaneously started to move, and he lunged for me and missed, and feverishly tried to get his big ass into the doorway when Vanessa struck; sweater time! Tommy lined up behind him and entered combat stance with the ax. He strikes and Savini hits his knees. Tommy then calmly, almost arrogantly strode around him and stood there for a second to let him think about it, then.....checkmate!

I gotta tell you; I HATE Jason teamers. But, a damn Savini cheating? That's sacrilegious and downright nutless. Watching that bastard faceplant after it looked like he might eventually clear the room with the cowardice was so satisfying. We all cheered and laughed our asses off. Other players we hadn't heard from up till then also chimed in with laughter. One of them said something to the effect of "HAHA!! Killed that flaming dick!" 😄

Going in, we had said it was our last round. Damn fine way to end the night.

Cool story, bro.

I mean that, it is a cool story. I have three similar stories. Unless you say cool, I'll hold on.

1 hour ago, sedaiv said:

Cool story, bro.

I mean that, it is a cool story. I have three similar stories. Unless you say cool, I'll hold on.

Nice, please share.

1.) Just the other night, i was playing with a friend. She found my shack and took my sweater. Five people were hunting in game. I killed one but they returned as Tommy. I took the challenge and after watching a video on how to be a better combat stance Jason began fighting off. Apparently no one was doing anything that round except call Tommy. Because the five were BEGGING my friend to sweater me for a kill. Unfortunately my friend feels killing is toxic and was upset she had to fix a car by herself as no one found shit. Either way, my mask on until i got Tommy to drop the knife on my neck but instill beat him with the spear as too many people were close. My friend escaped as i was too high on adrenaline and missed my shifts & morphs.

Next game my friend was Jason. I like killing Jason, especially if a friend is Jason. But once more these guys did nothing and were exploiting the roof. So i called her phone number and showed her how to get on top. They reported me hacking & exploiting.

2.) I met this one guy & his gal pal. He was Jason. I managed to get his mask as Fox then came back as Tommy. His girl got the sweater. He ran up Cunningham Road (Small) baiting us to the beach. While we were in water, his girl hit the sweater. He wasn't deep enough to make me swim so i got the underwater kill.

Next game his gal pal was Jason. I let her kill me so i could be Tommy. Which i was. Awe returned the favor. Third game i was Jason and she ran into my first trap, got the sweater and fell into my 2nd trap i set to be a dick.

3.) A night or two back, same friend and i were playing, she was 3 sheets to the wind. I found her at the phone house. I chose not to kill if i find a counselor within the first 120 seconds because they offer no challenge. Instead i watched her drunkenly run around and do nothing. Meanwhile this one guy who said i was dead because I'm trash found my house. While i tortured people fixing the 4 door, i heard my house trap go off. I go back over and shift grab for a knife. After tailing him, and listening to him sweat bullets, i broke into his house and got him with a few knives but medic perk ftw. He was able to jumo out a window i broke on him and followed him a bit when my drunk friend returned to see what's going on. Trash talker keep trying to hit me through a window bit i got him. Then after morphing out, i shit grabbed for a Shishkabab but he rage quit.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 6:34 PM, sedaiv said:

Third game i was Jason and she ran into my first trap, got the sweater and fell into my 2nd trap i set to be a dick.

😆 love doing that!

Yeah, had a match with similar emotions recently. As a counselor, met a toxic team which started offending me with no reason. Tried to pick them up by car anyway and one of them even acted normally for the moment before the next match.  Then I was a Jason and meanly killed them using a stalk. The rudest one with 150 lvl almost escaped but I managed to catch him. Never thought that it would be so amazing and satisfying to kick some brazen asses. Not a main Jason but moments like this totally worth playing as him, such an experience.