Sign in to follow this  
ImfromShadowloo

Suggestions on new games to play?

What are you guys playing currently or are planning to play? I have a lot of free time on my hands and need some suggestions. Recently, I’ve been playing Sniper elite 4 and Prey on PS4 both of which are surprisingly enjoyable. Anyone play the new days gone game? I’ve been looking forward to it but heard a lot of mixed things.

Alien Isolation was the last title that really got me in to it. The atmosphere is bang on and the controls aren’t to bad either, you get very comfortable going slow and doing a lot of different things. The crafting system is chunky but it lets you get away with caring extra stuff so not horrible. Best horror title I’ve ever played, and even more a love letter to a franchise than Friday.

@ImfromShadowloo

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Alien Isolation was the last title that really got me in to it. The atmosphere is bang on and the controls aren’t to bad either, you get very comfortable going slow and doing a lot of different things. The crafting system is chunky but it lets you get away with caring extra stuff so not horrible. Best horror title I’ve ever played, and even more a love letter to a franchise than Friday.

@ImfromShadowloo

The way you describe the game makes it seem so enticing, I might have to check that one out. I heard there’s only one enemy in the game (the alien) which makes it...slow. I’m not a big fan of first person, that’s just me. Prey however, broke the mold for me when it came to FPS. The atmosphere, gameplay, and story were all 👍. I just finished playing the Hitman complete season and it was pretty cool creeping around and having the freedom to finish your target in many creative ways. 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:52 PM, ImfromShadowloo said:

The way you describe the game makes it seem so enticing, I might have to check that one out. I heard there’s only one enemy in the game (the alien) which makes it...slow. I’m not a big fan of first person, that’s just me. Prey however, broke the mold for me when it came to FPS. The atmosphere, gameplay, and story were all 👍. I just finished playing the Hitman complete season and it was pretty cool creeping around and having the freedom to finish your target in many creative ways. 

Oh you’ve been misinformed, there’s more than the Alien as an enemy. You’ll learn to hate the androids, the humans are annoying but those androids gave me fits. Then you get a weapon that kills them rather than disables them and it’s great to take them down. You can drive the Alien off with fire but it’s hard to kill the other antagonists when fighting them brings the Alien around. There’s points where you can use the Alien to kill the humans for you. 

17 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Any specific genres you like?

I like the stealth third person games. Metal gear solid and Assassins creed games. The uncharted series was also one of my favs. But I’ll play any genre if it has a captivating story.

23 minutes ago, ImfromShadowloo said:

I like the stealth third person games. Metal gear solid and Assassins creed games. The uncharted series was also one of my favs. But I’ll play any genre if it has a captivating story.

I suggest the Splinter Cell series.

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I suggest the Splinter Cell series.

I tried playing it. Couldn’t get into it for some reason. Maybe too realistic for my liking.

17 hours ago, ImfromShadowloo said:

I tried playing it. Couldn’t get into it for some reason. Maybe too realistic for my liking.

.......I will find you....and I will make you play splinter cell.....

No....please anything but splinter cell!!!

6 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

.......I will find you....and I will make you play splinter cell.....

On 5/14/2019 at 9:51 PM, ImfromShadowloo said:

No....please anything but splinter cell!!!

Hey, sorry I was way too rough in that match today. Normally I wouldn’t just murder someone but I couldn’t leave you at the car and I had no more traps to prevent you from taking it. It didn’t end up working out for me anyway, I started a long kill on another Counselor and lost the car anyway. Hope we can get another match sometime. I really am sorry if you felt tunneled, I was just trying to leave you limping earlier and figured someone would help you not that the car would get started and you’d be in it.

I hope I can make it up to you in a future match.

PS. Mad respect that you were playing Mitch.

Sincerely

Slasher

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hey, sorry I was way too rough in that match today. Normally I wouldn’t just murder someone but I couldn’t leave you at the car and I had no more traps to prevent you from taking it. It didn’t end up working out for me anyway, I started a long kill on another Counselor and lost the car anyway. Hope we can get another match sometime. I really am sorry if you felt tunneled, I was just trying to leave you limping earlier and figured someone would help you not that the car would get started and you’d be in it.

I hope I can make it up to you in a future match.

PS. Mad respect that you were playing Mitch.

Sincerely

Slasher

Haha thanks for the apology but it’s not necessary. I don’t take anything in game personally man,we’re in the heat of battle lol. I think Mitch might be my new counselor, I like his speed and his stoner ways. I’m always online so hit me up whenever you’re on.

11 minutes ago, ImfromShadowloo said:

Haha thanks for the apology but it’s not necessary. I don’t take anything in game personally man,we’re in the heat of battle lol. I think Mitch might be my new counselor, I like his speed and his stoner ways. I’m always online so hit me up whenever you’re on.

Sweet. Ummm, one more thing... are you the Mitch I ran over the match before.... cause if so, sorry about that too, lol.

edit - I don’t have anything against Mitch, it just looks that way. 😂 

52 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sweet. Ummm, one more thing... are you the Mitch I ran over the match before.... cause if so, sorry about that too, lol.

edit - I don’t have anything against Mitch, it just looks that way. 😂 

Uhhh I don’t think I was the Mitch you ran over last match.

5 minutes ago, ImfromShadowloo said:

Uhhh I don’t think I was the Mitch you ran over last match.

Ok, good. I couldn’t apologize and it wasn’t intentional. 

Hmm...i'm not sure what to reccommend.I work part-time,so i can't always buy new $60 games when they come out.One of the few i did recently was the remake of Resident Evil 2 when that came out.Had lots of fun with it.Gonna try to save up $60 for when Super Neptunia RPG comes out for PS4 at end of this month.Usually i wait for games that are $20 or less.Kinda what you do when you are a low-income individual like me.

Days Gone...I highly recommend it. It's only on PS4 though. A game hasn't scared me like this in a long time. It's slow at first but picks up. You're a survivor in Oregon...a virus was released and it mutated people. All you have is your motorbike and memories of...Days Gone.

• Like 1

Path of Exile. Technically it's not a new game (the beta started in 2013, I guess), but it was released on PS4 this March. Though I would recommend playing the pc version for various reasons. First of all because of mods, the number of players online and powerleveling services like e2p (I use it to level up quickly from 1 to 100 on softcore).  I also prefer to play with mouse and keyboard, though the controls in PS4 version work fine, that's just a matter of taste. 

Mortal Kombat 11. It received some patches and just recently became comfortable to play. But the online mode is still full of one-combo instakills.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Only for those into Castlevania. Nuff said.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:14 AM, Mirkwood said:

Path of Exile. Technically it's not a new game (the beta started in 2013, I guess), but it was released on PS4 this March. Though I would recommend playing the pc version for various reasons. First of all because of mods, the number of players online and powerleveling services like e2p (I use it to level up quickly from 1 to 100 on softcore).  I also prefer to play with mouse and keyboard, though the controls in PS4 version work fine, that's just a matter of taste. 

Mortal Kombat 11. It received some patches and just recently became comfortable to play. But the online mode is still full of one-combo instakills.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Only for those into Castlevania. Nuff said.

I second Bloodstained. I'm having a blast going through it.

• Like 1

Try summoners wars on mobile platforms or on emulator (less convinient). This game may consume all your day time! Very interesting and absorbing thing!