Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Show me your best Sniper knife kills.

7 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That is not true. There was a long time where you were not able to stop the animation(on PC anyways). And to me the animation is just silly. You can combat stance windows and doors, why not the box too? This would at least allow you to block an attack and then hit the box. Current state you are stuck in a 3 second animation where you are vulnerable to a hit to stop it at anytime. I hate it even more from a counselor point of view. I like a good battle with Jason. Some of my best moments in this game were at the phone box where it went back and forth and you finally just get the call off, or Jason gets everyone and its like damn, we were so close! either way its a gg.

I honestly don't know what you mean, unless I am misunderstanding what you are talking about. I've been playing since launch and I can't remember a time when you were unable to interrupt the phone box break animation. Here's a clip from back in November of last year when i did it. It's not unbalanced at all, makes sense you'd be able to stop it. Many times I've been able to save a phone call by knocking Jason on his ass, it's always been a thing.

https://gameclipscontent-d3013.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274856371436-private/92c8504d-75a0-4929-9104-2137253ee03a.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=9%2FIWbJZA4CipRQHebr0nTOKqWdq20BSg8XlehFfmi8s%3D&__gda__=1557947739_0182205829012d6cc04b274e53611d28

20 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

I honestly don't know what you mean, unless I am misunderstanding what you are talking about. I've been playing since launch and I can't remember a time when you were unable to interrupt the phone box break animation. Here's a clip from back in November of last year when i did it. It's not unbalanced at all, makes sense you'd be able to stop it. Many times I've been able to save a phone call by knocking Jason on his ass, it's always been a thing.

https://gameclipscontent-d3013.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274856371436-private/92c8504d-75a0-4929-9104-2137253ee03a.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=9%2FIWbJZA4CipRQHebr0nTOKqWdq20BSg8XlehFfmi8s%3D&__gda__=1557947739_0182205829012d6cc04b274e53611d28

I want to say it was from beginning 2018 until engine upgrade. you could not stop him from hitting box once the action button was pressed. I started playing in Feb 2018 and remember making a big deal about it when that changed. Some OGs like yourself informed me back then it was always that way, but others confirmed what i saw which was you were not able to stop the animation for awhile. Maybe it was a bug and unintended but it indeed was a thing for a bit on PC and it was still balanced fine. Fire crackers and stuns before he was able to hit action button were still in play.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I want to say it was from beginning 2018 until engine upgrade. you could not stop him from hitting box once the action button was pressed. I started playing in Feb 2018 and remember making a big deal about it when that changed. Some OGs like yourself informed me back then it was always that way, but others confirmed what i saw which was you were not able to stop the animation for awhile. Maybe it was a bug and unintended but it indeed was a thing for a bit on PC and it was still balanced fine. Fire crackers and stuns before he was able to hit action button were still in play.

Hmm. Well it's certainly possible I'm remembering wrong. It happens. I don't ever remember a time when I tried to hit Jason in that animation and it didn't do anything, but it's possible I just forgot or I didn't try during the time it wasn't possible. I also stopped playing for a month or so at one point when I got busy with other games, so maybe it was during that time period.

7 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Hmm. Well it's certainly possible I'm remembering wrong. It happens. I don't ever remember a time when I tried to hit Jason in that animation and it didn't do anything, but it's possible I just forgot or I didn't try during the time it wasn't possible. I also stopped playing for a month or so at one point when I got busy with other games, so maybe it was during that time period.

Best strategy in either state is to not let them get it in box, so still think trapping box is a good idea to keep track of it on map(those darn sneaky quiet knives!). Get there as fast as can if you hear trap sound/skill check sound or just see the trap sprung while checking map. A lot of times can shift and grab the person putting in fuse then get in front of box so no one can put it in and then defend from there.