Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Show me your best Sniper knife kills.

Show me your best clips of you knife killing a counselor from a distance. Here’s one of my personal favorites. Tip for new Jason players- if someone jumps out of a 2 story house instead of morphing outside. Knife kill their ass

• Like 5

Beautiful throw, D.

Thanks for posting the topic even if I have nothing to share currently, hope others add some good ones.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Here’s one of my personal favorites.

Nice shot. On level ground you would have had to aim a bit higher to hit the counselor at that distance. It is possible to hit a counselor from a much greater distance due to the archery physics that are in game. Once you find the required height to hit at distance... the only problem is how small of a target they are at that distance.

I am not in the habit of recording my games... I wish I was... You would not believe some of the distances I have hit a counselor with a knife... It really helps if they are standing still... so many players do not even realize they are even in danger of being hit with a knife until you hit them at a good distance... or at least have a near miss. A throwing knife flying by your head is always a good indicator that yes, believe it or not... you are still in range.
   I tend not to use knives for the kill though... just to slow them down and make them easier to catch. Some of the jukers I play with are maddening to catch some days, but these are some of the best chases I have had from Jason's perspective... Ghostface… I am looking in your direction. 

• Like 1

First I wanna say thanks to everyone for the kind words. 🙂 and @Ahab I would love to see your long knife throws! Record a clip for me will ya? I’m trying to turn my Jason into a sniper. Lol I want to try ridiculously long distance knife throws, they’re badass. 

On 4/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Show me your best clips of you knife killing a counselor from a distance. Here’s one of my personal favorites. Tip for new Jason players- if someone jumps out of a 2 story house instead of morphing outside. Knife kill their ass

BBEAUTIFUL!!!!!

• Like 1

Still my fave personal quick knife kill, and I guess it falls under "sniper" status because it had some distance.

@DontZzz34, your through the window knife kill was excellent! Very satisfying to watch, lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Still my fave personal quick knife kill, and I guess it falls under "sniper" status because it had some distance.

@DontZzz34, your through the window knife kill was excellent! Very satisfying to watch, lol.

Nice. I love the knife throws when they are climbing through windows. The best is when you are on there tails and they are trying to get in and you knife them and they are back on the outside again for easy grab kill. Another is when they are inside, you break down door and they try climbing out. Knife and they are back inside for easy grab kill. The response I usually get is "fucking knives!" haha

17 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

First I wanna say thanks to everyone for the kind words. 🙂 and @Ahab I would love to see your long knife throws! Record a clip for me will ya? I’m trying to turn my Jason into a sniper. Lol I want to try ridiculously long distance knife throws, they’re badass. 

I will try to remember to record a few matches... but I always have so little room on my hard drive. Too many games on there. Some of my friends might have such a hit recorded, but it would not be showing the hit from Jason's perspective and that is what you would need to see... where to put the crosshair to achieve the hit vs the distance from you. I have never actually put up a video on youtube or any other platform... but there is a first time for everything after all.
   It takes some experimentation and a lot of misses to figure out the height vs distance. If you know the general range of the knife already... when you see someone you think is just out of range, just aim a little above their head... and increase the height slightly while aiming as they get further away... The extended downward part of your crosshair helps to keep them centered as the distance between you gets larger... If they are not centered properly… you will miss at distance every time... smaller target. But many players think they are safe from a knife hit after thirty feet or so and will stand there and tell you that you suck... It is VERY satisfying to hear their reaction when the knife hits them at distance. All of my friends know I can do this pretty accurately and commence evasive maneuvers if they notice me aiming the knife... so I have to get sneaky with them. I always use quick throws when close to a counselor.
   Hitting a moving target at distance is not impossible, but very difficult... unless they are moving in a straight line directly away from you, which they often are if they know you are there. If they are moving to the left or right from Jason's perspective... that tiny target is much more difficult to hit and usually not worth wasting the knife at distance... but it can be done. You will waste a lot of knives on this one though... and Jason's knives are such a limited resource.

I still recommend practicing this in offline bots... which is all I really use the bots for... if I am feeling a bit rusty at the time. Go around and gather as many knives as you can and try to create opportunities for target practice... All you really have to watch with the bots to keep them around is the fuse box... so let them get some distance from you and experiment with it a bit.
    Hopefully, I can remember to record... and have enough room to get a match with a hit from a good distance before I run out of room... and then remember to go through them and find the right match to post... This already reeks of effort... but I will try.
   Happy Hunting!

23 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

BBEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Thanks man! Your knife kill was badass, and the fact it was SG is 👌🏼👌🏼

@Ahab I’m gonna try practicing some really long distance throws against bots. I’ll keep in mind what u said to do. And when u get a recording up of some of ur knife throws feel free to post the clip here. I’ll be looking forward to seeing it.

Got some good knife throws on two players near the end of this match, although they were used to cripple not kill:

Here's one from the early days:

10 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Got some good knife throws on two players near the end of this match, although they were used to cripple not kill:

Here's one from the early days:

Very nice! 

I didn’t start playing this game until probably 5 months ago. Why does the graphics look a lot better from earlier?

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, DontZzz34 said:

@Ahab I’m gonna try practicing some really long distance throws against bots. I’ll keep in mind what u said to do. And when u get a recording up of some of ur knife throws feel free to post the clip here. I’ll be looking forward to seeing it.

I actually tried to record a match the other night to post for you... but it was one of those games... 
   I had a fight over the fuse box and some Chad kept interrupting my "smash the box" animation (three times in a row) and the cops were very quickly called. I got pretty pissed at this... If the box smashing animations can be interrupted at all, then even against one counselor you have no chance to smash it before the call is off, whether it is the Tommy call or the call to the cops... So, if this is a new thing done intentionally that no one else is talking about, or a new glitch or hack... pretty much the only way you will be stopping that call now is if there is no one protecting the box... You can't slash them to death, the call will be finished before you kill them... You can't use an execution, the call will be made before you kill them... and you can't smash the box while someone is guarding it with a weapon... I was not even stunned during this... but each hit interrupted the smashing animation.

I hope the practicing with long distance throws is going well... I will try again to record something to post... but I have been a bit busy lately.

While I am talking about this.... @mattshotcha Is any kind of interruption of the animation for smashing the fuse box or power boxes intentional? Or is this another new glitch or hack that should be reported?

33 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I actually tried to record a match the other night to post for you... but it was one of those games... 
   I had a fight over the fuse box and some Chad kept interrupting my "smash the box" animation (three times in a row) and the cops were very quickly called. I got pretty pissed at this... If the box smashing animations can be interrupted at all, then even against one counselor you have no chance to smash it before the call is off, whether it is the Tommy call or the call to the cops... So, if this is a new thing done intentionally that no one else is talking about, or a new glitch or hack... pretty much the only way you will be stopping that call now is if there is no one protecting the box... You can't slash them to death, the call will be finished before you kill them... You can't use an execution, the call will be made before you kill them... and you can't smash the box while someone is guarding it with a weapon... I was not even stunned during this... but each hit interrupted the smashing animation.

I hope the practicing with long distance throws is going well... I will try again to record something to post... but I have been a bit busy lately.

While I am talking about this.... @mattshotcha Is any kind of interruption of the animation for smashing the fuse box or power boxes intentional? Or is this another new glitch or hack that should be reported?

I'd have to check on this.

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ahab said:

So each time you tried hitting the fuse box the chad player hit you and it interrupted your hit right? That’s happened to me before as well. 

The practice is going good. I’m pretty good on short-medium range knife throws but when u get past medium range and get to long range the aiming gets very tricky.... 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:51 AM, DontZzz34 said:

So each time you tried hitting the fuse box the chad player hit you and it interrupted your hit right? That’s happened to me before as well.  

The practice is going good. I’m pretty good on short-medium range knife throws but when u get past medium range and get to long range the aiming gets very tricky.... 

Yes, he interrupted the animation 3 times in a row. By then the call was done. Kind of game breaking to me... I play with friends and they actually work as a team, and they do it well. There is almost never a time the box is undefended. I will have to go for the caller now instead... but now they will guard the caller as well... Damned teamwork!!! My trap on the fuse box is now little more than an alarm to give me the twenty second warning before the cops acknowledge the call. For me, this means less cars to chase as well as the cops are already on their way... I will miss the car chases.
   This is not really a big deal against players that do not work as a team... but think of trying to avoid the Tommy call now... not gonna happen with one person guarding the box.
   When I am a counselor I am usually the one defending it so a friend with my dad's a cop can make the call... but we do it with a pocket knife almost every time and we almost never see Jason show up anyway. But if he does, it will be no contest... the call will be made. Biggest nerf to Jason yet... or close to it at least.

I still have not gotten to that video thing... But one more piece of advice... The narrow point at the bottom of the crosshair... line it up on them as best you can to center mass. Its length is helpful with this and you can still hit players with the point well above their heads, but at that range they are such a narrow target it becomes critical that they are centered exactly with he point of the cross hair, which is more difficult to do at that range as it is above them...  When they are that far away it is a great risk of a miss even when they are standing still. But counselors standing still or moving directly away from you is your only real chance at the further ranges. You will get some hits with practice.
   I can do it fairly consistently at long distance, but I sometimes do not want to risk the knife. Anytime you notice someone standing still at a distance, take a practice shot if you have enough knives... 
   Keep in mind the arch that the knives have as they travel, it begins at the center of your crosshair (no matter which direction you are looking with it) and I would think it is about twenty feet before it begins to drop off significantly. 
   Good luck should you choose this tactic... but remember, there will be a good ratio of missing even when you get good at it... nobody is perfect... and there are so few knives on the maps. But when you get that hit across the creek, it is worth it. The reactions of many such victims has been hilarious... even missing them gets a good reaction when they see that knife sail inches away from them and they see how far away you are... but sometimes you need to get closer very quickly to hear it.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:33 PM, Ahab said:

On 5/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, mattshotcha said:

I'd have to check on this.

This is intentional. This way, counselors can try and help defend.

5 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

That's disappointing. Force jason into an long ass animation that can be interrupted immediately with a non animation strike. Why cant Jason as a counter combat strike the box without an animation?

I guess best course in current state is to go after the person at phone then. Knock down all doors early to make easy shift into cabin for grab. No more great battles outside by the box.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Biggest buff to counselors EVER. Jason now has zero chance to defend the fuse box or the power box for the Tommy call... the call only takes so long, so killing the defender is not going to help... All it only takes is one counselor to defend it.... a new player can succeed EVERY time with this... and all they need is one other player that understands team work. They already had a damned good chance to defend it, I did quite well with it myself as a counselor... Now they have no chance to lose the battle at the boxes with one counselor to defend. All this did was give the counselors the upper hand... more so than they already had.
   Can they also interrupt the animation for pulling a counselor out of a car?... I guess that one won't matter now unless there is some troll hiding with the fuse.
   I cannot even articulate how disappointed I am with this... but I still thank you for your reply.

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

That's disappointing. Force jason into an long ass animation that can be interrupted immediately with a non animation strike. Why cant Jason as a counter combat strike the box without an animation?

I guess best course in current state is to go after the person at phone then. Knock down all doors early to make easy shift into cabin for grab. No more great battles outside by the box.

Disappointing? Not for someone who only likes to play counselor and loves an easy win... But this will start to frustrate Jason players very quickly... and when no one wants to play Jason, there is no more game. I am more disappointed with this game now than I have ever been... for both sides of play.

Go after the caller... sure, but now you still have to go smash the box or the call will be made by someone running into the room as soon as you leave the room.... and why should the counselor protecting the box go anywhere?... if you go after him, the call is made... if you kill him, the call is made... if you try to smash the box again, they hit you and the call is made.
    If I liked an easy win for counselors... I would love this, they just made my job extremely simple... But as someone who enjoys playing as Jason as well... and plays with friends that can and do work as a team (and do it well)… this is way too much.
    Massive buff to counselors and the Jason hunters... getting the Tommy call off will be a breeze now as well... not that that getting the Tommy call off was not easy enough to do before this. This will lead to far lower kill counts for Jason players than I have already been seeing... but we had to work hard to give Jason a low kill count before... not so much now... and of course, the Jason hunters will be getting their call to Tommy off with ease... So much for the defend the power box for the C.B. radio... useless strategy for Jason now.

Jason is way too rushed to kill everyone before the cops get there six minutes into a match (or less with my dad's a cop)… If there is one player defending the box, there is really no reason to bother trying to stop it now, it is a waste of time. Just kill the defender, suffer the call and try your damnedest to kill the remaining counselors in under 5 minutes... or if you play with certain players... 3:45 seconds.... or, you can just be stuck at the phone house trying to go after the caller... while someone else gets the call off because you cannot possibly smash the box while someone is protecting it... Against a team of new players that have no concept of team work, this is a non issue... against a team of two players that want to get the call off... you will lose.
    I no longer even see a point in saving a pocket knife for the trap... Jason is not going to stop the call with me there to protect the box anyway. He can kill me, but even with the shortest kills, the call will still be made and my job was done... Teamwork sometimes requires sacrifice and I never minded sacrificing myself for the team.... particularly when it leads to a 1 of 8 kill count.... and it has MANY times already... without this buff for counselors... or nerf for Jason, however we want to look at it. 

Before this you had to work for it... lure Jason far enough away to circle around and do it... or to let someone else do it while he chases you. Jason cannot camp an objective or every other objective will be completed... But wait... camping the objective now means utter failure for Jason at the boxes if even one counselor is there to protect it. This one is just too much and throws balance overwhelmingly to the counselors that can play as a team.... and for this, it only requires two players in a lobby to work as a team... no more are required.
    Disappointing?... Oh yes... in the extreme.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 11:14 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

On 5/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, Ahab said:

Biggest buff to counselors EVER. Jason now has zero chance to defend the fuse box or the power box for the Tommy call... the call only takes so long, so killing the defender is not going to help... All it only takes is one counselor to defend it.... a new player can succeed EVERY time with this... and all they need is one other player that understands team work. They already had a damned good chance to defend it, I did quite well with it myself as a counselor... Now they have no chance to lose the battle at the boxes with one counselor to defend. All this did was give the counselors the upper hand... more so than they already had.

Why are you guys acting like this is something new? You've always been able to stop him from completing the phone box breaking animation. And even as someone who is all for a very strong Jason, I gotta say it would be pretty damn ridiculous if you could not interrupt it. That would mean that once he was in the animation he could not be stopped at all. That's just silly.

7 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Why are you guys acting like this is something new? You've always been able to stop him from completing the phone box breaking animation. And even as someone who is all for a very strong Jason, I gotta say it would be pretty damn ridiculous if you could not interrupt it. That would mean that once he was in the animation he could not be stopped at all. That's just silly.

That is not true. There was a long time where you were not able to stop the animation(on PC anyways). And to me the animation is just silly. You can combat stance windows and doors, why not the box too? This would at least allow you to block an attack and then hit the box. Current state you are stuck in a 3 second animation where you are vulnerable to a hit to stop it at anytime. I hate it even more from a counselor point of view. I like a good battle with Jason. Some of my best moments in this game were at the phone box where it went back and forth and you finally just get the call off, or Jason gets everyone and its like damn, we were so close! either way its a gg.