Treymaker

Purposely letting Jason kill you to come back as Tommy as part of a kill squad, fair or foul?

Purposely letting Jason kill you to come back as Tommy, fair or foul?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider it a fair tactic to purposely let Jason kill you for the chance to come back as Tommy (as part of a pre-arranged kill squad)?

• Yes, it’s fair.
    • No, it’s a BS tactic that the Jason player has a right to be upset about.

8 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I know what u mean. But what if there’s only 1 trap at the fuse? It would get rid of the ease as someone coming back as tommy so quickly almost as soon as the game starts. Also people tanking traps for this reason alone, and to not even have a care to do the objective makes me really think Jason should be able to reset a couple traps at least

There's still a car and always a house near the car.  Second person just goes to the car, sees if it's trapped, then divebombs a window in the nearby cabin.  Hobbles to the car and tanks the trap.  You now have 2 people killed by Jason, and both people were actively in the kill squad and one is gonna be Tommy.

Except you don't even need to do that.  Said second person can just divebomb a window and kill themselves.  Because then the first person is automatically coming back.

Jason can stop this though by not trapping anything at all. Of course, then he's gonna have every objective going off on him and people running/driving for the exits. 

People tanking traps always does help on an objective though.  Not everyone in a lobby is always on the kill squad plan.  Me killing myself on the fuse box traps to death helps you be able to put the fuse in as you won't have a trap to deal with. 

@Slasher_Clone

What about the car running over people?  Should those people be eligible to return? 

Still another easy way around any of that as well.  Find the boat.  Fix the boat.  Let the 2 kill squad players try to escape in it.  Jason is then screwed.  Boat escapes, one's coming back.  Boat gets torpedo'd and both die, one's coming back.  Same thing with one of the cars for that matter. 

1 minute ago, SirMang said:

There's still a car and always a house near the car.  Second person just goes to the car, sees if it's trapped, then divebombs a window in the nearby cabin.  Hobbles to the car and tanks the trap.  You now have 2 people killed by Jason, and both people were actively in the kill squad and one is gonna be Tommy.

Except you don't even need to do that.  Said second person can just divebomb a window and kill themselves.  Because then the first person is automatically coming back.

Jason can stop this though by not trapping anything at all. Of course, then he's gonna have every objective going off on him and people running/driving for the exits. 

People tanking traps always does help on an objective though.  Not everyone in a lobby is always on the kill squad plan.  Me killing myself on the fuse box traps to death helps you be able to put the fuse in as you won't have a trap to deal with. 

Not sure if u seen @Slasher_Clone reply... they just thought that no traps, only Jason directly killing them should allow one to come back as Tommy. This would be a lot better... 

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

Not sure if u seen @Slasher_Clone reply... they just thought that no traps, only Jason directly killing them should allow one to come back as Tommy. This would be a lot better... 

Just did and responded.

The problem for Jason is no matter what tweaks you make, there is very little he actually controls when it comes to the kill squad game.  The only control he has is to hide once the mask is off and sweater girl and Tommy are on the scene. 

16 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Just did and responded.

The problem for Jason is no matter what tweaks you make, there is very little he actually controls when it comes to the kill squad game.  The only control he has is to hide once the mask is off and sweater girl and Tommy are on the scene. 

This is why they need to change it drastically to give him a fair chance for Jason to keep his mask. Jason shouldn’t be as worried as he is to have to deal with SG and Tommy together. All they need is a couple hits and his mask is gone. If it isn’t already off. I wonder if the devs are working on trying to make the kill harder for the next patch? All I heard is Victoria’s ass is getting a buff.. lol

Its baby steps with the devs.

This is the same team that thought...

- 2 more knives to start

- A 'speed' increase

- A 'new' grab were all the cure alls Jason was going to need after they fucked up the item density update when literally NOBODY wanted to play Jason then.

Then...they decided the rage update was an admittance that Jason got bullied too much and hence no stun Jason in rage except for shotties and bear traps.

But they've never ever once addressed the kill ratio against Jason since prior to launch when it was '1 in 75' that they liked to tout.

Since then...complete silence.

1. Start the power boxes off to make the call at least a challenge and something Jason can suck the counselors into unless they actually try other objectives

2. Add more to the Jarvis call

3. Give Jason ALL his powers to start to make him powerful from the first minute in...minus rage of course...this would also go a long way on the shitty small spammed maps

4. Allow him to pick his mask back up, which would mean the counselors have more incentive to grab it and they become a target if they do and if they don't...Jason gets it back

5. Make it harder to demask him

Blah blah blah etc etc heard it all before...

The main argument making him stronger against 'kill squads' is that it ruins the fun for casuals or objective players. That's a problem the devs created when they decided to gradually swing the pendulum towards casual play as 2017 went on.

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

This is why they need to change it drastically to give him a fair chance for Jason to keep his mask. Jason shouldn’t be as worried as he is to have to deal with SG and Tommy together. All they need is a couple hits and his mask is gone. If it isn’t already off. I wonder if the devs are working on trying to make the kill harder for the next patch? All I heard is Victoria’s ass is getting a buff.. lol

ROFL priorities man priorities!  Gotta get all hot and bothered over pixelated ass!  ooooooooooo lala! 

I agree there needs to be significant changes to the kill squad game.  Something as simple as Jason being able to put his mask back on, just picking it up off the ground, when either whoever demasks you doesn't take it or Jason kills whoever has it.   Or something as drastic as hugely improving his hit points, we're talking instead of 100, make it 500. 

15 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Its baby steps with the devs.

This is the same team that thought...

- 2 more knives to start

- A 'speed' increase

- A 'new' grab were all the cure alls Jason was going to need after they fucked up the item density update when literally NOBODY wanted to play Jason then.

Then...they decided the rage update was an admittance that Jason got bullied too much and hence no stun Jason in rage except for shotties and bear traps.

But they've never ever once addressed the kill ratio against Jason since prior to launch when it was '1 in 75' that they liked to tout.

Since then...complete silence.

1. Start the power boxes off to make the call at least a challenge and something Jason can suck the counselors into unless they actually try other objectives

2. Add more to the Jarvis call

3. Give Jason ALL his powers to start to make him powerful from the first minute in...minus rage of course...this would also go a long way on the shitty small spammed maps

4. Allow him to pick his mask back up, which would mean the counselors have more incentive to grab it and they become a target if they do and if they don't...Jason gets it back

5. Make it harder to demask him

Blah blah blah etc etc heard it all before...

The main argument making him stronger against 'kill squads' is that it ruins the fun for casuals or objective players. That's a problem the devs created when they decided to gradually swing the pendulum towards casual play as 2017 went on.

They’re taking too many baby steps. It almost makes me feel like the kill is actually never going to be a real challenge. Kill squads should be killing Jason with a struggle and I mean all of them should be limping nearly dead by the time they finally kill Jason. This would be a lot more exciting. 

14 minutes ago, SirMang said:

ROFL priorities man priorities!  Gotta get all hot and bothered over pixelated ass!  ooooooooooo lala! 

I agree there needs to be significant changes to the kill squad game.  Something as simple as Jason being able to put his mask back on, just picking it up off the ground, when either whoever demasks you doesn't take it or Jason kills whoever has it.   Or something as drastic as hugely improving his hit points, we're talking instead of 100, make it 500. 

Lol I hope there’s more to the next patch then that though. We can only hope there’s more priorities then fixing Victoria’s ass.  time will tell..... 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 5:48 PM, Treymaker said:

I ask this because I had someone blatantly, obviously let me purposely kill them so they could have the 50/50 chance to come back as Tommy. They then joined up with a sweater girl Vanessa and another player for a pre-arranged 3 person kill squad. Now, I see this as a BS tactic, one step below glitching on the roof, so I morphed around the map for the rest of the round and didn’t give them a chance to kill me. After the match, a long argument took place about whether or not it’s BS to purposely let yourself be killed to come back as Tommy. Especially when playing with others and nothing but Jason kills as your goals.

So who’s right? Do I have a point or am I just being a baby?

Being a baby.

@DontZzz34 I agree  completely. Jason Morphing away to formulate a strategy of some kind is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. I've done it numerous times and I see nothing wrong with it. Refusing to charge a kill squad dick-first without your mask doesn't make you a coward, it makes you smart. 

11 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

@DontZzz34 I agree  completely. Jason Morphing away to formulate a strategy if some kind is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. I've done it numerous times and I see nothing wrong with it. Refusing to charge a kill squad dick-first without your mask doesn't make you a coward, it makes you smart.

Yes definitely. And when your plan works out and you kill sg or tommy. It’s a damn good feeling to have! Haha

Yet another example of making things more difficult for the kill scenario that make sense but reward achievement.

Why not just make it so only people who escape become Tommy?

Why reward ANY kind of death? Force these kill squads to complete actual objectives and actually be rewarded for it?

So dying via suicide or murder means no Tommy. You won't be rewarded for any kind of death anymore. Only escaping via a vehicle or the cops will allow for it.

If you can't fix objectives because you gotta play the wheel game with shit repair because your lobby runs mostly Vanessas, Tiffs, etc, then you better hope you get some escapes before Jason gets rage and with all the stunning and beating on Jason needed to get something repaired? Doable on the shitty small maps, but the big maps (especially Jarvis/Pinehurst) won't be.

13 hours ago, SirMang said:

What about the car running over people?  Should those people be eligible to return? No.

Still another easy way around any of that as well.  Find the boat.  Fix the boat.  Let the 2 kill squad players try to escape in it.  Jason is then screwed.  Boat escapes, one's coming back.  Boat gets torpedo'd and both die, one's coming back.  Same thing with one of the cars for that matter. 

The boat option is fine, imo. Let them escape and come back as Tommy if they want, I’d rather this than die by his hand to be honest as it encourages objective pushing. 

@tyrant666, has got the right idea, Sir Mang.

@DontZzz34 deserves credit for the initial post on this idea, I was just sticking my 2 cents in. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

That's not a bad idea.

I had 2 or 3 other ideas, but those would require added coding and therefore be new content.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:51 AM, tyrant666 said:

On 5/5/2019 at 8:01 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

The boat option is fine, imo. Let them escape and come back as Tommy if they want, I’d rather this than die by his hand to be honest as it encourages objective pushing. 

@tyrant666, has got the right idea, Sir Mang.

@DontZzz34 deserves credit for the initial post on this idea, I was just sticking my 2 cents in. 

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That's not a bad idea.

I had 2 or 3 other ideas, but those would require added coding and therefore be new content.

Lol if Jason's skill is never going to enter into this conversation then let's just make it so Jason can't be killed at all and call it a day. How many Jasons still don't trap objectives? Let alone even making an attempt at taking out power to the Tommy box? Do you honestly think the same low levels and careless players aren't going to die, even if 2 members of the kill squads have to escape to be Jarvis?  

19 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol if Jason's skill is never going to enter into this conversation then let's just make it so Jason can't be killed at all and call it a day. How many Jasons still don't trap objectives? Let alone even making an attempt at taking out power to the Tommy box? Do you honestly think the same low levels and careless players aren't going to die, even if 2 members of the kill squads have to escape to be Jarvis?  

Well the rage change encourages people to escape, so this change could get those pesky Jason’s trapping primary objectives in the early game. 

Removing suicide was a good move, now they just need to remove the ‘meta’-suicide that has replaced it. (Meta, as in higher knowledge, the players are aware they’re still committing suicide but the game doesn’t.) 

I get why you wouldn’t want this, but imo, it will make hunting parties useful as they’ll be pushing at least one objective. Then Jason can be buffed appropriately, when the devs can see the change.

56 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I always make an attempt to cut power for tommy box and trap it. But you don’t always guess right and get to the right box. And if you don’t guess right in your first morph, more than likely the call to tommy is already made. Its obvious which side has it a hell of a lot easier when it comes to the Jason kill and that’s the counselors. I usually will have no survivors when counselors are trying to escape/survive. Counselors are better off getting the whole lobby together and to try and kill me. And sometimes I can prevent the kill and sometimes not. I do what I can to stop the kill and try my best at it. But now I don’t really care if I die as Jason, about anyone can do the kill. I killed jason my first week of playing. Mask off in a few hits, sweater girl presses y, Tommy hits right trigger, clicks A. “Wow that was hard” it should be more around 10-15 hits with a machete/axe  to get his mask off and for them to either kill Jason limping for their lives with a struggle or Jason kills them. It’d go either way with this HP buff and be a lot more balanced. 

30 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I always make an attempt to cut power for tommy box and trap it. But you don’t always guess right and get to the right box. And if you don’t guess right in your first morph, more than likely the call to tommy is already made.

This has been my strategy for quite sometime now. Jarvis and Pinehurst are the most tricky to get the radio house spawns down to a science. The other 6 maps there are certain patterns and visual clues that I can get the radio power first morph about 75% of the time. I spent lots of time offline. LOL Part of the reason I use Part 2 (yeah most consider him trash). If I happen not to get the power first morph it regens quick enough that sometimes I can get it the second morph in time.

4 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

This has been my strategy for quite sometime now. Jarvis and Pinehurst are the most tricky to get the radio house spawns down to a science. The other 6 maps there are certain patterns and visual clues that I can get the radio power first morph about 75% of the time. I spent lots of time offline. LOL Part of the reason I use Part 2 (yeah most consider him trash). If I happen not to get the power first morph it regens quick enough that sometimes I can get it the second morph in time.

I should spend some time in offline bots to learn more of the radio locations. I feel like the power should start off broken though. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Well the rage change encourages people to escape, so this change could get those pesky Jason’s trapping primary objectives in the early game. 

Removing suicide was a good move, now they just need to remove the ‘meta’-suicide that has replaced it. (Meta, as in higher knowledge, the players are aware they’re still committing suicide but the game doesn’t.) 

I get why you wouldn’t want this, but imo, it will make hunting parties useful as they’ll be pushing at least one objective. Then Jason can be buffed appropriately, when the devs can see the change.

I've been playing Papa Lachapa lately. I can escape fast enough most of the time that I come back as Tommy anyway. Or I die trying and still usually come back as Tommy. Really doesn't matter either way to me. Removing suicide was good intentions but much like the rage buff has it's work around. Everything tactic will always have a counter tactic. 

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I always make an attempt to cut power for tommy box and trap it. But you don’t always guess right and get to the right box. And if you don’t guess right in your first morph, more than likely the call to tommy is already made. Its obvious which side has it a hell of a lot easier when it comes to the Jason kill and that’s the counselors. I usually will have no survivors when counselors are trying to escape/survive. Counselors are better off getting the whole lobby together and to try and kill me. And sometimes I can prevent the kill and sometimes not. I do what I can to stop the kill and try my best at it. But now I don’t really care if I die as Jason, about anyone can do the kill. I killed jason my first week of playing. Mask off in a few hits, sweater girl presses y, Tommy hits right trigger, clicks A. “Wow that was hard” it should be more around 10-15 hits with a machete/axe  to get his mask off and for them to either kill Jason limping for their lives with a struggle or Jason kills them. It’d go either way with this HP buff and be a lot more balanced. 

Jasons not guaranteed to win every round. They do need to make it harder but escape only would just be another bullshit patch. The only maps that would ever be played would be Jarvis and Pinehurst and no one would play anymore.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

Jasons not guaranteed to win every round. They do need to make it harder but escape only would just be another bullshit patch. The only maps that would ever be played would be Jarvis and Pinehurst and no one would play anymore.

I know he isn’t. I’m definitely against taking out the kill. I like the option to kill Jason being in there as a way to survive! I just want it to actually feel like a challenge when I play as TJ or SG. and also for Jason to have more of a chance to counter kill squads, rather than having to deal with losing his mask so easily and resort to sniping counselors from a distance with knives 

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I know he isn’t. I’m definitely against taking out the kill. I like the option to kill Jason being in there as a way to survive! I just want it to actually feel like a challenge when I play as TJ or SG. and also for Jason to have more of a chance to counter kill squads, rather than having to deal with losing his mask so easily and resort to sniping counselors from a distance with knives 

Meat shielding would be a big step in the right direction. Either hp buff/ damage nerf for the counselors or making it so heavy attack doesn't do any more damage than light attack would help even more. Then make it so every weapon swing counts towards weapons breaking so they don't just spam swing on wake up and hope for the best. Then average Jason just needs to hone his skills instead of playing stupid. Problem solved. 😎

22 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Meat shielding would be a big step in the right direction. Either hp buff/ damage nerf for the counselors or making it so heavy attack doesn't do any more damage than light attack would help even more. Then make it so every weapon swing counts towards weapons breaking so they don't just spam swing on wake up and hope for the best. Then average Jason just needs to hone his skills instead of playing stupid. Problem solved. 😎

Let’s hope the devs do something about the kill process in the next patch. We’re getting a new patch soon I think. Their beyond episode tomorrow is about bug fixes and balancing patch. I wonder what they’re all going to balance out? Perks being one thing for almost certain, just maybe the kill process, and maybe bring back fireworks and flares to stun in rage is my guesses

49 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Let’s hope the devs do something about the kill process in the next patch. We’re getting a new patch soon I think. Their beyond episode tomorrow is about bug fixes and balancing patch. I wonder what they’re all going to balance out? Perks being one thing for almost certain, just maybe the kill process, and maybe bring back fireworks and flares to stun in rage is my guesses

I don't personally think there's anything wrong with perks. That's just a way to get everyone to stop complaining about how worthless CP is. Bug fixes are more than likely limited to roof glitches and trap rubber banding. I don't think flares and firecrackers are necessary during rage but whatever makes everyone feel better I guess.

Personally I think a good balance change would be lowering stun times and speeding up door breaking animation to the point where people would actually use the default animation. But I doubt they'll go that far yet.

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I don't personally think there's anything wrong with perks. That's just a way to get everyone to stop complaining about how worthless CP is. Bug fixes are more than likely limited to roof glitches and trap rubber banding. I don't think flares and firecrackers are necessary during rage but whatever makes everyone feel better I guess.

Personally I think a good balance change would be lowering stun times and speeding up door breaking animation to the point where people would actually use the default animation. But I doubt they'll go that far yet.

Ehhh door breaking seems fine. Part 8, 4, and savini bust through doors quick. The other Jason’s just have to deal with it not having + destruction as a strength. I think flares and fireworks stunning in rage would really help out the low stamina counselors who don’t know how to gain stamina by hitting Jason without being grabbed. 

I think stun time is fine to. This can be really useful to give yourself a chance to stun Jason and start the car. 

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

We know that removing the ability to kill Jason would never happen, as this is a game (first) based on a well known franchise (second).