Jump to content
Treymaker

Purposely letting Jason kill you to come back as Tommy as part of a kill squad, fair or foul?

Purposely letting Jason kill you to come back as Tommy, fair or foul?  

41 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you consider it a fair tactic to purposely let Jason kill you for the chance to come back as Tommy (as part of a pre-arranged kill squad)?

    • Yes, it’s fair.
      32
    • No, it’s a BS tactic that the Jason player has a right to be upset about.
      9


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Treymaker said:

Tommy gets called generally in the first minute of a round. Unless you get lucky and guess right with your first morph, he’s going to be called before you can do anything about it.

Really? I had no idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't believe there are so many people that still don't know how Jarvis selection works. Here's what to do if you're facing a kill squad, and you're pretty sure the Jarvis call has been made. Simply find the worst player in the lobby and kill them first. Now you have two minutes to kill any other counselor. If you can do that, then the worst player is 💯 going to be Jarvis. Unless someone else suicides or leaves the lobby before you kill the next counselor.

If you've made the mistake of killing the kill squad member first, then it gets a little bit tricky. You don't want to kill anyone else for three minutes. Go stalk some counselors, check on your objectives, have mother read you a story, whatever... Just don't kill anyone else. Now unless someone leaves the lobby, someone escapes, one of the other kill squad members suicides, or they use bear traps on each other before that three minutes is up, then the first person that died is 💯 guaranteed to not come back as Jarvis. Pretty easy really...

Edited by Somethin Cool
Added content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I can't believe there are so many people that still don't know how Jarvis selection works. Here's what to do if you're facing a kill squad, and you're pretty sure the Jarvis call has been made. Simply find the worst player in the lobby and kill them first. Now you have two minutes to kill any other counselor. If you can do that, then the worst player is 💯 going to be Jarvis.

If you've made the mistake of killing the kill squad member first, then it gets a little bit tricky. You don't want to kill anyone else for three minutes. Go stalk some counselors, check on your objectives, have mother read you a story, whatever... Just don't kill anyone else. Now unless someone leaves the lobby, one of the other kill squad members suicides, or they use bear traps on each other before that three minutes is up, then the first person that died is 💯 guaranteed to not come back as Jarvis. Pretty easy really...

I always thought it just randomized really for the first 2 people who die. I never did testing on it that much in depth lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

I always thought it just randomized really for the first 2 people who die. I never did testing on it that much in depth lol

I'm sure there's a bit more to it than that but I've killed enough Jasons to know how most of it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its totally legit. There are enough telltale signs that a kill squad is present. If a Buggzy or other goon players are coming up to you right away and trying to take the mask off or letting themselves die, its a pretty good indicator. 

Jason has the option of whom he is going to kill first. If its a concern of yours, try killing all females first in case. 

1. They have a 50/50 chance of coming back. The player may waste their round doing this. 

2. The group went in with a strategy for survival - as it has been pointed out this is a survival horror game, this is the plan they chose to do. It takes multiple players coordinating to achieve.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me ask this question another way:

Is letting yourself purposely be killed to try and come back as Tommy in the “spirit of game”?  As in how the creators intended people to play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Let me ask this question another way:

Is letting yourself purposely be killed to try and come back as Tommy in the “spirit of game”?  As in how the creators intended people to play the game.

   I get the points from either side of this discussion... but having played against Jason hunters with the skill level of @GeneiJin (who has not been around for a while now, one of the best all around players I have ever played with or against as well)… who can take a level one Tommy player and guide them through the kill almost every time he tries... or guide the level one sweater girl through it when he is Tommy with the same efficiency... I have to say it really doesn't matter much who is playing Tommy when the hunters want to go for a kill... but this really depends on the hunter. Can he explain it to someone who has never done it before effectively? If the answer is yes, then your Jason is screwed anyway.
   Just wanted to point out.... I do not think GeneiJin ever just let me kill him... it did not matter to him either way... But the best way to foil his nefarious plan was to kill him and hope he did not come back as Tommy... this merely required at least one other kill before I got him, or shortly after at least... and a bit of luck on my part.... 50 - 50 is still only half the time after all.
   
@BeautyNumber2 I get your points about meta gaming... for those of you who don't know, this is using game mechanics to your advantage in an unrealistic fashion (the simple explanation at least)... and there are those who frown upon it. I am not a big fan of it either. This is indeed exploiting a game mechanic to get what they want... by trying to die... But if the Jason player is efficient enough at his job and kills several other players before this hunter can respawn as Tommy (either before killing him or after)… then it greatly reduces their chance to come back as Tommy.
   I also do not think this can qualify as "teaming" as we all use the word... Teamers are working with Jason... or just with another counselor or two in an attempt to screw over every other player that is not with them... Counselors using teamwork of any kind to try and kill Jason cannot really qualify for this in my opinion... Counselors are supposed to work as a team
to complete whichever objectives they are going for... in fact, this is encouraged.


   @Treymaker In the end... it is the choice of the Jason player whether or not to kill such a player... Whether or not the come back as Tommy is situational... As I stated above, the Jason player can, at least at times... greatly reduce this player's chance to come back as Tommy by making a couple other kills. With two dead players it is 50%... but... with three dead players, the chance is now 33%... with four, it is 25% and so on. Perhaps we should wait to kill such players and chase someone else?... Or if you have a kill or three already... then it can still be a chance worth taking... depending on the other hunters.
    But the question is if this is a cheap tactic?.... Well... kind of.... sort of... yes. Letting yourself die is the same thing as suicide... and currently, suicides are not allowed to come back as Tommy... But how would they ever be able to code the game to accurately recognize this as a suicide?... A daunting task to be sure. Make killing Jason more difficult and this question evaporates into the sea of irrelevance. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 11:44 AM, Treymaker said:

Tommy gets called generally in the first minute of a round. Unless you get lucky and guess right with your first morph, he’s going to be called before you can do anything about it.

Depends on size of the map, the willingness of players to find and use radio, and luck. I've seen some matches where Tommy never got called, and Jason never bothered taking out the generators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, Somethin Cool said:

I can't believe there are so many people that still don't know how Jarvis selection works. Here's what to do if you're facing a kill squad, and you're pretty sure the Jarvis call has been made. Simply find the worst player in the lobby and kill them first. Now you have two minutes to kill any other counselor. If you can do that, then the worst player is 💯 going to be Jarvis. Unless someone else suicides or leaves the lobby before you kill the next counselor.

If you've made the mistake of killing the kill squad member first, then it gets a little bit tricky. You don't want to kill anyone else for three minutes. Go stalk some counselors, check on your objectives, have mother read you a story, whatever... Just don't kill anyone else. Now unless someone leaves the lobby, someone escapes, one of the other kill squad members suicides, or they use bear traps on each other before that three minutes is up, then the first person that died is 💯 guaranteed to not come back as Jarvis. Pretty easy really...

It doesn't matter.   Kill the BEST player 1st if you can.   Some people will seek out Jason traps and just die by traps.

 

As Jason.. Kill who you can when ever you can..  And if they get a kill squad up simply fade into the back ground and never go into sweater range.

Like i've always said.  Getting killed as Jason is the Jason players fault.   If the Jason player doesn't want to die, hes not going to ever be killed.

 

Best way to deal with Try Hard Jason killers is to simply become a try hard Jason survivalist.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fair.  It's more about a broader subject about these kind of kill groups, though.  If you get a group of 4 people together with the sole purpose of killing Jason, 9 times out of 10, no matter how much skill Jason has, they're getting killed.  Way too easy to get the mask off and once it's off it's game over.  You have no more defenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Treymaker do you have a suggestion or idea on how to remedy this? Because with this community, "playing in the spirit of the game" went out a broken 2nd floor Packanack window a long time ago. 

I myself frown upon this method, but it's definitely not unfair. Just a bunch of players killing the immersion as usual. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Because with this community, "playing in the spirit of the game" went out a broken 2nd floor Packanack window a long time ago. 

Lol, that it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ker Juice said:

@Treymaker do you have a suggestion or idea on how to remedy this? Because with this community, "playing in the spirit of the game" went out a broken 2nd floor Packanack window a long time ago. 

I myself frown upon this method, but it's definitely not unfair. Just a bunch of players killing the immersion as usual. 

I love how the players get the blame for killing the immersion here.

The game is a broken mess, Jason is a push over and killing him is the easiest method for a counselor to "win" so what do people expect to happen?  

People glitch on roofs, people beat the F outta Jason and then they kill him. 

Because why shouldn't they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

It doesn't matter.   Kill the BEST player 1st if you can.   Some people will seek out Jason traps and just die by traps.

 

As Jason.. Kill who you can when ever you can..  And if they get a kill squad up simply fade into the back ground and never go into sweater range.

Like i've always said.  Getting killed as Jason is the Jason players fault.   If the Jason player doesn't want to die, hes not going to ever be killed.

 

Best way to deal with Try Hard Jason killers is to simply become a try hard Jason survivalist.   

So you recommend to give the Jason killers the upper hand, feel more powerful than the killer and be a Jason player who does nothing but run away? I’d rather die as Jason then run like a coward. There’s a thing such as collecting throwing knives, trying to cripple out TJ or Sg out of sweater stun distance. Run them out of spray l, try either killing with a throwing knife OR coming in with a stalk shift grab when they get a little separated (only if you’re almost 100% sure they don’t have a PK) It’s so much better to die trying then to run away, making Jason look like a coward. That wouldn’t make mother so proud. Kill squads will get a hell of a laugh at you as a Jason player running away from them. That’s when they upload a video of it and laugh about it. 

here’s a recent kill prevention I stopped, all mainly by throwing knives alone. Before I lost my mask, I threw enough knives and hit SG with enough slashes to run them out of spray and got Sg in a limping state. They were not out in the open trying to hunt me down. Because of this so I came to find them, and knife killed SG and still stopped tommy from escaping as well. It’s much more badass to get a good kill prevention in then to hide! As a Jason player please do not run away. Try to kill them all and make mother proud damn it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most kill squads I have encountered don't exactly do a good job of being sneaky about it. Anybody with an axe or machete should immediately make you suspicious, as should any counselor who actively goes looking for you because, let's be honest, they're probably not trying to share the Gospel with you (ditto for any counselor that appears to be loitering around waiting for you to do something involving an animation (breaking down a door, collecting a throwing knife, setting be a trap, etc .)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kill squads don't have to "Let" Jason kill someone to become Tommy. It's as simple as finding 2 counselor bear traps and setting them for one another and stepping in.It counts as murder not suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Kill squads don't have to "Let" Jason kill someone to become Tommy. It's as simple as finding 2 counselor bear traps and setting them for one another and stepping in.It counts as murder not suicide.

 I feel like counselor bear traps shouldn’t be able to be used at all to allow one to come back as tommy. I think it should only be a Jason kill. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

 I feel like counselor bear traps shouldn’t be able to be used at all to allow one to come back as tommy. I think it should only be a Jason kill. 

Honestly, that's actually a pretty good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s so much better to die trying then to run away, making Jason look like a coward. That wouldn’t make mother so proud

Neither would getting killed by a bunch of dancing twats. If my mask comes off as a result of the counselors trying to get a Jason-kill, you bet your ass I'm going to disappear temporarily. I Morph away and go find as many knives as possible. When that's done, I Stalk-Morph close enough to see them with Sense. If they start coming my way, I Stalk-Morph away again. I'm not running, I'm waiting. I bide my time and watch them like an undead, psychopathic hawk because I know 99% of the time (in my experience) they will sooner or later separate enough to make someone coming to their aid impossible. It is very rare for them to stay within arms reach of each other for the entire round.

Think about it... How many times have you tried to kill Jason and had either Tommy or SG do something stupid that could have ruined the kill? I've sent at least 100 PMs to the effect of "Stay with Tommy (or SG), you guys are too far apart". Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't. If they don't, Jason has an easy opportunity to void the kill if he waits for the right moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

So you recommend to give the Jason killers the upper hand, feel more powerful than the killer and be a Jason player who does nothing but run away? I’d rather die as Jason then run like a coward. There’s a thing such as collecting throwing knives, trying to cripple out TJ or Sg out of sweater stun distance. Run them out of spray l, try either killing with a throwing knife OR coming in with a stalk shift grab when they get a little separated (only if you’re almost 100% sure they don’t have a PK) It’s so much better to die trying then to run away, making Jason look like a coward. That wouldn’t make mother so proud. Kill squads will get a hell of a laugh at you as a Jason player running away from them. That’s when they upload a video of it and laugh about it. 

Does it matter what kill squads think?   Its the game devs fault that its so easy to kill Jason in the 1st place, which in turns creates Jason kill squads.

Theres nothing 'cowardly' about avoiding your own demise.   Calling it running, call it avoiding.  Doesn't matter.    The reality is, you're not avoiding the players you're avoiding the sweater.

 

I mean, I collect knives and knife snipe too.  Creep around, look for a opening I can use.  But eventually time runs out since the game is only 20 mins long. So no matter how that plays out Jason hunters will complain about "Jason running away'.  Because Jason didn't just pop up into the sweater range for a simple kill attempt.

This is why I always show up with about in the last few seconds left in the game and start swinging.  Because at that point, theres no longer enough time to pull it off.

 

 

IMO Jason kill squads ruin the game.  SO ruining their game by avoiding being killed is simply balancing it out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Most kill squads I have encountered don't exactly do a good job of being sneaky about it. Anybody with an axe or machete should immediately make you suspicious, as should any counselor who actively goes looking for you because, let's be honest, they're probably not trying to share the Gospel with you (ditto for any counselor that appears to be loitering around waiting for you to do something involving an animation (breaking down a door, collecting a throwing knife, setting be a trap, etc .)

 

Hey!

Reverend Buggzy just wants to spread the good word.

Trust me. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

 I feel like counselor bear traps shouldn’t be able to be used at all to allow one to come back as tommy. I think it should only be a Jason kill. 

That's not difficult either though.

Find the fuse house.

Dive bomb the window til limping.  Go tank a trap off the fusebox.  Congrats you're dead.  And Jason killed you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SirMang said:

Hey!

Reverend Buggzy just wants to spread the good word.

Trust me. 

In GOD we trust, everybody else must stay where I can see you at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Neither would getting killed by a bunch of dancing twats. If my mask comes off as a result of the counselors trying to get a Jason-kill, you bet your ass I'm going to disappear temporarily. I Morph away and go find as many knives as possible. When that's done, I Stalk-Morph close enough to see them with Sense. If they start coming my way, I Stalk-Morph away again. I'm not running, I'm waiting. I bide my time and watch them like an undead, psychopathic hawk because I know 99% of the time (in my experience) they will sooner or later separate enough to make someone coming to their aid impossible. It is very rare for them to stay within arms reach of each other for the entire round.

Think about it... How many times have you tried to kill Jason and had either Tommy or SG do something stupid that could have ruined the kill? I've sent at least 100 PMs to the effect of "Stay with Tommy (or SG), you guys are too far apart". Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't. If they don't, Jason has an easy opportunity to void the kill if he waits for the right moment.

 

I mean with the way you just described it, I will morph away to and try to come up with a strategic plan to try to kill them pretty much the same way.... I’m all for that 100%. What a lot of people fail to realize on this game is they think just because Jason morphs away and keeps his distance for awhile they think he’s running away, when really what he’s doing in coming up with a plan to kill their asses... There’s a big difference in coming up with a real plan to try to kill those twats and just running away until the clock runs out. 

10 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Does it matter what kill squads think?   Its the game devs fault that its so easy to kill Jason in the 1st place, which in turns creates Jason kill squads.

Theres nothing 'cowardly' about avoiding your own demise.   Calling it running, call it avoiding.  Doesn't matter.    The reality is, you're not avoiding the players you're avoiding the sweater.

 

I mean, I collect knives and knife snipe too.  Creep around, look for a opening I can use.  But eventually time runs out since the game is only 20 mins long. So no matter how that plays out Jason hunters will complain about "Jason running away'.  Because Jason didn't just pop up into the sweater range for a simple kill attempt.

This is why I always show up with about in the last few seconds left in the game and start swinging.  Because at that point, theres no longer enough time to pull it off.

 

 

IMO Jason kill squads ruin the game.  SO ruining their game by avoiding being killed is simply balancing it out.

 

I know it’s the devs fault for not making the kill hard enough, these kill squads are always going to exist until they actually make the kill difficult and they have to actually struggle to kill Jason. The day this happens, they’ll probably cry that killing Jason is too hard because they can no longer kill Jason 80% of the games they play. No way in hell kill squads should be killing Jason 100s or 1000s of times. The succession in the kill should be a 40-50% succession rate not 80% or higher.

I agree it kinda ruins the game when kill squads go for the kill every single round, it gets boring and old after awhile.... 

i guess our views are a bit different on this, I like to put in a real strategic plan to try my best to kill them doing whatever it takes, and if I die trying out my plan then so be it, I died trying. I feel like it’s better to try your absolute best to kill them then it is to avoid them till clock runs out. 

12 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Honestly, that's actually a pretty good idea.

Yes👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

 

10 hours ago, SirMang said:

That's not difficult either though.

Find the fuse house.

Dive bomb the window til limping.  Go tank a trap off the fusebox.  Congrats you're dead.  And Jason killed you.  

I know what u mean. But what if there’s only 1 trap at the fuse? It would get rid of the ease as someone coming back as tommy so quickly almost as soon as the game starts. Also people tanking traps for this reason alone, and to not even have a care to do the objective makes me really think Jason should be able to reset a couple traps at least

@Slasher_Clone that’s even a better idea!!! I really like the thought of no traps at all to allow anyone to come back as tommy. I can’t tell you how many times my traps were wasted and tanked just so they could come back as tommy. Waste of damn traps.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

 I feel like counselor bear traps shouldn’t be able to be used at all to allow one to come back as tommy. I think it should only be a Jason kill. 

Or Jason traps for that matter. It should have to be by his hand, giving the Jason player more control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...