Treymaker

Purposely letting Jason kill you to come back as Tommy as part of a kill squad, fair or foul?

Purposely letting Jason kill you to come back as Tommy, fair or foul?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider it a fair tactic to purposely let Jason kill you for the chance to come back as Tommy (as part of a pre-arranged kill squad)?

• Yes, it’s fair.
    • No, it’s a BS tactic that the Jason player has a right to be upset about.

I ask this because I had someone blatantly, obviously let me purposely kill them so they could have the 50/50 chance to come back as Tommy. They then joined up with a sweater girl Vanessa and another player for a pre-arranged 3 person kill squad. Now, I see this as a BS tactic, one step below glitching on the roof, so I morphed around the map for the rest of the round and didn’t give them a chance to kill me. After the match, a long argument took place about whether or not it’s BS to purposely let yourself be killed to come back as Tommy. Especially when playing with others and nothing but Jason kills as your goals.

So who’s right? Do I have a point or am I just being a baby?

If they’re making it obvious to let you kill them. Then don’t do it. Go kill other people and don’t give them what they want. It’s pretty easy to counter

• Like 5

I’m not asking that though. That’s a possible counter I agree. (Though sometimes that are actually decent at disguising that they are letting you kill them.).Also, if there are 3 or 4 in the kill squad, decent chance one of them gets Tommy. Or they can purposely step in a Jason trap and die.

I’m asking, is it or is it not bush league for a counselor player, playing with others in a kill squad, to do that?  It’s a yes or no question. The game was designed for the Tommy player to be random. Trying to influence the game to get him, might not be a glitch, but its a cheap exploit.

Just throwing this out there? If there’s nothing wrong with it (as in the developers meant for it to be a part of the game/strategy), then why did they change it so people could no longer become Tommy if they commit suicide? Because really there is no difference between the two, letting Jason kill you is just suicide by Jason.

54 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

I’m not asking that though. That’s a possible counter I agree. (Though sometimes that are actually decent at disguising that they are letting you kill them.).Also, if there are 3 or 4 in the kill squad, decent chance one of them gets Tommy. Or they can purposely step in a Jason trap and die.

I’m asking, is it or is it not bush league for a counselor player, playing with others in a kill squad, to do that?  It’s a yes or no question. The game was designed for the Tommy player to be random. Trying to influence the game to get him, might not be a glitch, but its a cheap exploit.

It just organizes the kill to be done. If I ever go for the kill which I rarely do. I prefer to work with 1 other person. What we always did was 1 of us would die on purpose and the other person would the sweater girl. If we didn’t handle it In this way, then we wouldn’t be able to kill him as a team. This is far from an exploit. It just makes it possible for me and my teammate to kill Jason. its usually pretty obvious when someone is trying to kill Jason. If they have a machete and are fighting you with it and then when their weapon breaks/get ur mask off. And they just stand right in front of you and you kill them, you just have them what they wanted. 

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

If they’re making it obvious to let you kill them. Then don’t do it. Go kill other people and don’t give them what they want. It’s pretty easy to counter

This.
Slash them down to limping and then let them go. Especially if it's a Buggzy that can't carry the sweater. Leave them alone and go after the women.
When fighting an obvious kill squad, throw all of the rules out the window. Trap the hell out of the shack and leave objectives alone. Mix up your targets and tactics. Keep them off guard. Troll the trolls.

As for the original question, it's definitely frustrating to deal with but I'm going to say it's fair. Everybody's gotta die some time. If they want to make it quick, that's their prerogative.

It's a cheap tactic, but that's what most of the game has come down to now, really. It's near impossible to find a full lobby of people who want to play the game like it''s intended. If it's not baiting Tommy, it's the rooftop glitch, if it's not the rooftop, it's a gang Vanessas with Thick Skin and Medic perks, if it's not the Vanessas, it's running around the cabin room with the tall shelves in the middle, if it's not that there's something else. There's always going to be something, for us seasoned players it all boils down to outsmarting these people, in almost every match now.

If there's a death squad trying to be Tommy, kill every other counsellor on the map first, and under any circumstances do not give them what they want. 9/10 times they've already called the radio. 
I avoid playing on either Packanack maps now, I don't want to, I don't mind those maps, but I know every time there's always going to be at least one person who will get on that roof. 
If I'm on Jarvis House I make sure to grab every throwing knife I can and save them all for that one person who wants to sit in the vacation house exploit. 
I refuse to grab people inside the Higgins Haven main house upstairs, because counsellors with PKs are always trying to morph through the walls into unreachable areas. 

This is what this game has devolved into now, and it seems like it's going to stay this way, as when we ask the devs to fix these legitimate issues, the response we get is "we made Victoria's ass bigger lol." Ah well, there's always a way to get around these people.

Though, to be fair, the Tommy death squads and Vanessas with the OP perks aren't the dev's problem. Just somethings we must outsmart, cheap exploits and nothing more.

• Like 1

It's just strategy. As Jason, try to develop a sense (no pun intended) to recognize this sort of thing as it's happening, and deny them that kill. It's no more a cheap tactic than a knife-happy Jason player or a Jason who pretends to leave an objective to lure a counselor he can't catch out of their safe zone, then ultimately shift-grab for an easy kill while they're busy trying to repair something. Nothing wrong with a little cunning and guile.

• Like 2

It’s bullshit. This is a survival horror game, the counselors are designed to survive, not exploit a game mechanic in order to come back as an OP character. Some of the playerbase really need to move along to another game, get a life, and/or stop leaving work early. I’m tired of logging in for a few and it’s the same trolls and teamers like clockwork, literally the same usernames ruining lobby after lobby like the OP mentions. You leave one lobby and there are just more trolls in the next, there’s really no escape.

There’s a range of troll and exploitive behavior occurring and for me this def falls under arguable exploiting. People who play enough know the mechanics and inner workings and use it to their advantage whereas others might not. That’s the definition of exploiting. Using something to your advantage to get the upper hand while others are not is exploiting. Is this exploiting, to me it is. To others it might not be. The mentality is trash and suspect. We are playing a survival game and you aren’t trying to survive you have ulterior motives that amount to exploiting and inorganic play, possibly teaming.

Players who die early and come back as TJ and can only survive as the most powerful character are garbage. Fact. Full stop. So we’re supposed to believe that a game modeled after a Slasher movie amounts to a counselor intentionally letting themselves be killed so they can be resurrected as a hero? Is is exploiting? Maybe. Is it teaming? Maybe. Is it absolutely stupid and pathetic, yes. It’s in the same range as players with a PK letting themselves be grabbed to glitch out of bounds. It’s shady and it’s not what the game was designed to be, therefore it’s BS

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Treymaker said:

Just throwing this out there? If there’s nothing wrong with it (as in the developers meant for it to be a part of the game/strategy), then why did they change it so people could no longer become Tommy if they commit suicide? Because really there is no difference between the two, letting Jason kill you is just suicide by Jason.

Here's how useless the no suicide thing is.

Sure you can decide not to kill the obvious person running at you to die, but it solves nothing for you.  Unless you can kill someone else within the next 30 seconds, they'll be in the running. 

All you need to do to have a chance to come back as Tommy is this...and if you have 3 people as a squad it'll work every single game, every single time.  Jason gets demasked.  2 of the 3 then get together and each set a trap.  You walk into your buddy's trap, he walks into yours.  You reset the traps and walk into the trap your buddy set.  You are now both dead.  Neither of you suicided.  And one of you is coming back as Tommy. 

If you're not in a kill squad and want to come back as Tommy.  Get yourself to a limping state when you find someone's trapped a cabin door.  Pretty simple, close the window, crash through it and then go back and forth til your limping.  Then just simply walk into counselor trap.  Congrats, you're murdered and can come back as Tommy!

If both of those tactics are too cheap for your liking.  Find the fuse house or car.  They are both likely to be trapped.  If single trapped, crash through the windows again til limping...then just tank the Jason trap.  You're dead again, this time to Jason and you can come back as Tommy. 

BTW whenever I was kill squading it....Buggzy with Thrasher.  I took off Jason's mask and then I'd just stand there teabagging the air.  Then following Jason and body blocking him if he would leave me.  I'd do everything I could to get him to kill me.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

It’s bullshit. This is a survival horror game, the counselors are designed to survive, not exploit a game mechanic in order to come back as an OP character. Some of the playerbase really need to move along to another game, get a life, and/or stop leaving work early. I’m tired of logging in for a few and it’s the same trolls and teamers like clockwork, literally the same usernames ruining lobby after lobby like the OP mentions. You leave one lobby and there are just more trolls in the next, there’s really no escape.

There’s a range of troll and exploitive behavior occurring and for me this def falls under arguable exploiting. People who play enough know the mechanics and inner workings and use it to their advantage whereas others might not. That’s the definition of exploiting. Using something to your advantage to get the upper hand while others are not is exploiting. Is this exploiting, to me it is. To others it might not be. The mentality is trash and suspect. We are playing a survival game and you aren’t trying to survive you have ulterior motives that amount to exploiting and inorganic play, possibly teaming.

Players who die early and come back as TJ and can only survive as the most powerful character are garbage. Fact. Full stop. So we’re supposed to believe that a game modeled after a Slasher movie amounts to a counselor intentionally letting themselves be killed so they can be resurrected as a hero? Is is exploiting? Maybe. Is it teaming? Maybe. Is it absolutely stupid and pathetic, yes. It’s in the same range as players with a PK letting themselves be grabbed to glitch out of bounds. It’s shady and it’s not what the game was designed to be, therefore it’s BS

Have you ever gone for the kill before with another player? Then you’d know that it’s only a strategy and not an exploit to let jason kill you first and the other player is the Sweater girl so your game plan works as intended. How else would the kill work for you and your teammate otherwise? It wouldn’t. 

Destroy and trap the Tommy power box first and you don’t have to worry about it. It’s actually pretty funny when the most experienced person in the lobby commits suicide by Jason and you know that they’re not going to come back. :)

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Destroy and trap the Tommy power box first and you don’t have to worry about it. It’s actually pretty funny when the most experienced person in the lobby commits suicide by Jason and you know that they’re not going to come back. :)

This is a good strategy, but you've got a 1 in 3 chance of finding the right one, unless you can see the radio tower in the intro or sus where it is immediately.

15 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

This is a good strategy, but you've got a 1 in 3 chance of finding the right one, unless you can see the radio tower in the intro or sus where it is immediately.

This is why power needs to start in broken state

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Was beginning to think I was alone on this one. That’s exactly how I feel. 

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Have you ever gone for the kill before with another player? Then you’d know that it’s only a strategy and not an exploit to let jason kill you first and the other player is the Sweater girl so your game plan works as intended. How else would the kill work for you and your teammate otherwise? It wouldn’t. 

The whole point is you aren’t supposed to have a guaranteed shot at the kill every round. It’s supposed to happen organically if you get lucky enough to come back as Tommy and get with the sweater girl. That’s my entire reason for saying its cheap tactic.

10 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Tommy gets called generally in the first minute of a round. Unless you get lucky and guess right with your first morph, he’s going to be called before you can do anything about it.

2 hours ago, Treymaker said:

The whole point is you aren’t supposed to have a guaranteed shot at the kill every round. It’s supposed to happen organically if you get lucky enough to come back as Tommy and get with the sweater girl. That’s my entire reason for saying its cheap tactic.

It’s not a cheap tactic, it’s just going into the game with a game plan and executing it. It’d be pretty lame if my teammate and I were going for the kill and neither of us barely had a chance to be tommy. If more people went about the kill in the way I did, working with one other person. One person is SG and the other is tommy. it only gives the one of us a 50% chance to be tommy and for our plan to work considering the 1st or 2nd person who dies becomes TJ. What needs to happen is the kill needs to be more made difficult. The kill is too damn easy. Jason can’t handle much damage at all and it’s such bs how easy the counselors have the kill. There’s literally kill squads who have 100s if not 1000s of Jason kills, thinking they’re some amazing players because they kill jason almost every game when it’s actually the easiest way to survive. Escaping/surviving the night is much harder. You’d think they’d get bored of the same thing over and over again.... 

• Like 1

When I play I avoid using a headset because I prefer the random factor of game play where you at or may not find a car/boat part, the fuse, or even a decent wepon to defend yourself with, not to mention the actual satisfaction of if I actually accomplish all the requirements to even set it up to potentially kill jason with another player I don't know, let alone kill him. Those that would have a premeditated strategy to kill Jason including letting yourself be killed on purpose and hope you come back as Tommy certainly have their own method of enjoying the game. I would say it's not for me but I will give them a thumbs up for luck. Me, I would prefer to either survive or die by the seat of my pants rather than go in with a plan and hope it works.  But in conclusion, I will say it's not really a bs tactic as much as it is a preferred style of game play to some.  But not all

11 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

When I play I avoid using a headset because I prefer the random factor of game play where you at or may not find a car/boat part, the fuse, or even a decent wepon to defend yourself with, not to mention the actual satisfaction of if I actually accomplish all the requirements to even set it up to potentially kill jason with another player I don't know, let alone kill him. Those that would have a premeditated strategy to kill Jason including letting yourself be killed on purpose and hope you come back as Tommy certainly have their own method of enjoying the game. I would say it's not for me but I will give them a thumbs up for luck. Me, I would prefer to either survive or die by the seat of my pants rather than go in with a plan and hope it works.  But in conclusion, I will say it's not really a bs tactic as much as it is a preferred style of game play to some.  But not all

Also don’t forget not using a headset so you don’t have to listen to a potential Jason player being a kid lol that completely ruins it if Jason is after you and you hear a kid voice 

21 hours ago, Thrasher said:

It's a cheap tactic, but that's what most of the game has come down to now, really. It's near impossible to find a full lobby of people who want to play the game like it''s intended.

How one plays the game is a matter of perspective. There are as many people who will play this game one way as there are playing it another way.