Blue Firebird

Suggestion for the glitch places like the roof and the rock by the water: don't patch them out, make them insta-kill the player instead

On 5/1/2019 at 4:13 PM, sedaiv said:

I've shown Jason players how to get on the roofs.

Edit: Because of that, last night I was reported for Exploiting/Hacking the game for helping Jason kill rats/trolls/toxic players.

I’ve seen a YouTube video about Jason getting on the roof, but there was a downside. Jason couldn’t use grab kills or use his weapon on the roof or even when they got down until he grabbed somebody and they broke free once. 

2 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I’ve seen a YouTube video about Jason getting on the roof, but there was a downside. Jason couldn’t use grab kills or use his weapon on the roof or even when they got down until he grabbed somebody and they broke free once. 

Any damage or a break will cause Jason to unglitch. A 2x4 or stick will let you slash or grab kill as soon as a pocket knife or breaking free will.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, mattshotcha said:

It's similar to the idea of having a kill volume up there. Basically, it's problematic as those volumes/areas then can bleed and have really tricky issues on the floors below, etc. 

BUT, we are getting the methods through reports, and if we can patch the methods, we can stop people from not only accessing roofs, but also other, yet unknown areas that may pop up. Whereas changing the roof only fixes that location. 

Idea: make roofs and other areas outside the map instant suicide. When Jason could power walk/run east through the mountains at Packanack, unless he & the counselors hugged a specific wall without falling into the mal, it was death. Also removing crouching or changing its coding to not elevate you helps. Removing the invisible walkway at Pacaknack helps.

I installed the update yesterday and within a few games there were 2 players on the Pacaknack roof, no wonder seems to be the most popular map? 

I like the comment above about the Jason kill squads, a while back I had 6 players trying to team up on me. So I hid in the water and picked them off when they were separated if I could. Complained so much afterwards, work for your kill not going to hand it to you. Lol 

Since they are clearly unable to patch this crap out, I think this is the best next option. Either make every out of bounds area instantly kill them or make the roofs not solid.

• Like 1

The single player challenges have an out of bounds boundary, it surrounds the area of camp that the challenge takes place in and I think it could be used to identify the players that are going into out of bounds areas. I think if it can be add it should work as it does in the SPC’s and warn the player they are out of bounds. If you rack up too much time in the out of bounds area a penalty should occur. These penalties should become harsher as you rack up more time. 

Possible Penalties

1. A disconnect and short time out from QP.

2. A loss of level on the account and all benefits that level provides.

3. Damage that will result in Jason being awarded the kill. This should happen if a disconnect happens as per number 1.

4. Loss of access to that account. If you burn through all your levels, I think you no longer deserve to play.

This is a serious problem and while my ideas are harsh, you give up the right to play with others when you cheat. I think this should apply to QP, and not stop players from playing how they want in private or offline modes. 

Out of bounds areas if added to the roofs and around the edge of the map should discourage this type of glitching, @mattshotcha. I hope this helps, if not it was worth writing anyway. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The single player challenges have an out of bounds boundary, it surrounds the area of camp that the challenge takes place in and I think it could be used to identify the players that are going into out of bounds areas. I think if it can be add it should work as it does in the SPC’s and warn the player they are out of bounds. If you rack up too much time in the out of bounds area a penalty should occur. These penalties should become harsher as you rack up more time. 

Possible Penalties

1. A disconnect and short time out from QP.

2. A loss of level on the account and all benefits that level provides.

3. Damage that will result in Jason being awarded the kill. This should happen if a disconnect happens as per number 1.

4. Loss of access to that account. If you burn through all your levels, I think you no longer deserve to play.

This is a serious problem and while my ideas are harsh, you give up the right to play with others when you cheat. I think this should apply to QP, and not stop players from playing how they want in private or offline modes. 

Out of bounds areas if added to the roofs and around the edge of the map should discourage this type of glitching, @mattshotcha. I hope this helps, if not it was worth writing anyway. 

I like this idea, but think they mentioned that out of bounds would be tricky to implement especially on structures with second floors. We would run into players accidentally getting penalized for just walking upstairs on packanack, since the 2nd level floor is even or above parts of the bottom roof slant I believe or something similar to that. Think its time to just cut loses and all agree to ignore the roof trolls. Don't give them any attention and they will go away. I havn't seen any in awhile on PC and when i do, i kill everyone else and just end the game right after.

11 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I like this idea, but think they mentioned that out of bounds would be tricky to implement especially on structures with second floors. We would run into players accidentally getting penalized for just walking upstairs on packanack, since the 2nd level floor is even or above parts of the bottom roof slant I believe or something similar to that. Think its time to just cut loses and all agree to ignore the roof trolls. Don't give them any attention and they will go away. I havn't seen any in awhile on PC and when i do, i kill everyone else and just end the game right after.

I was hoping the out of bounds thing was maybe built differently than a damage field and could be made into smaller easier to place fields. I already ignore anyone who’s put themselves on time out, so not much will change for me either way. I don’t believe you can win by cheating and if you think you do win by cheating your level of self respect is minimal or damaged. The third point I figure could happen as an out of bound disconnect may show up differently than a regular one and so Jason could be awarded the kill that way. 

This idea is also about knowing who’s doing it. I still want Morph points as I think that’s the easiest solution. 

Jason morphing on structures SHOULD be allowed. Recoding the roofs of houses should allow fall through, fall damage NEEDS implemented for walking/pushed off roofs (instant 1 hit from death) as jumping out windows on wbd stories does fall damage.