Blue Firebird

Suggestion for the glitch places like the roof and the rock by the water: don't patch them out, make them insta-kill the player instead

So I was thinking about this. I'm not sure if leaving the glitch spots in is even possible while trying to fix the codes, but if it is, what if you made them instantly kill the players who went there? So far as I can tell, none of these spots are accessible without deliberate action, and it'd be a great way to punish the people attempting to abuse the trick and hopefully either drive them out of this game or at least make them think twice about trying others. Also, counting it as a suicide so there's no coming back as Tommy would be prudent, I think.

What do you folks think?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Blue Firebird said:

So I was thinking about this. I'm not sure if leaving the glitch spots in is even possible while trying to fix the codes, but if it is, what if you made them instantly kill the players who went there? So far as I can tell, none of these spots are accessible without deliberate action, and it'd be a great way to punish the people attempting to abuse the trick and hopefully either drive them out of this game or at least make them think twice about trying others. Also, counting it as a suicide so there's no coming back as Tommy would be prudent, I think.

What do you folks think?

This has actually come up in an episode of Beyond, and they said it was trickier than just adding a damage field to a vertical area.

Personally I think they should just add Morph points to the roof. Jason is always appearing up on things in the movies with no explanation as to how he got there. As a bonus it will change the dynamics of just running up to the main cabins as Jason might just leap down on you. It will be a little buff but if that’s the cost of getting rid of glitchers so be it. 

• Like 2

Yeah. They should just give Jason a morph grid on cabins.  It wouldn't make that much a difference than him just spawning next to the cabin instead; it would be balanced, IMO.  And mostly used for glitchers of course. 

• Like 1

It might be easier to make the roof have no floor so when people are on it, they fall through.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:13 PM, F134Ever86 said:

I think it might be easier if they just fix it so you can't glitch anymore.

I don't know about it being easier, but it would make a lot more sense.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:13 PM, F134Ever86 said:

The problem is most of the time they try to fix something, they end up creating new glitches.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:04 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

This has actually come up in an episode of Beyond, and they said it was trickier than just adding a damage field to a vertical area.

Personally I think they should just add Morph points to the roof. Jason is always appearing up on things in the movies with no explanation as to how he got there. As a bonus it will change the dynamics of just running up to the main cabins as Jason might just leap down on you. It will be a little buff but if that’s the cost of getting rid of glitchers so be it. 

Yeah let Jason get on Roofs. Bit also prevent counselors from getting there. Do both. Jason has been on Roofs at least once.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah let Jason get on Roofs. Bit also prevent counselors from getting there. Do both. Jason has been on Roofs at least once.

At this point, I just want simple and easy. Not criticizing the devs as I know it’s a difficult problem to solve without adding more issues but a different solution like Morph points can just go around the issue and at this point I want them working on other things before it’s to late to bother. Again not criticizing, but I think Wes should change the focus of some programmers away from problems that aren’t being solved and on to the quick but visible things that can be. I’m going to try and be patient till the next patch but frankly the longer they wait the less people are going to see as accomplished when it does drop. 

We need a win and it doesn’t feel like the glitch spots are that win. 

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That would be interesting, as we'd have counselors complaining when a Jason of lesser skill goes up on the roof to avoid getting killed.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

That would be interesting, as we'd have counselors complaining when a Jason of lesser skill goes up on the roof to avoid getting killed.

Didn't think of that. Guess that's why they don't let Jason on roofs. In that case, have counselors and Jason slide off of roofs.

28 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Didn't think of that. Guess that's why they don't let Jason on roofs. In that case, have counselors and Jason slide off of roofs.

They could slide off into a well placed trap on the ground.

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, F134Ever86 said:

I read that after they fix one method of glitching to a point (roof or otherwise)… some players are able to find a different method to glitch there again. They can only patch out known methods of getting into one of these spots... It is hard to patch something out that you do not even realize exists in game.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, sedaiv said:

It might be easier to make the roof have no floor so when people are on it, they fall through.

This is a good idea... It also sounds like something that is possible to do at least... and would punish the glitchers with the damage from the fall they would suffer, particularly on the Packanack lodge roof if they fall through and do not land on the second floor. It is a long way down from the roof to the living room floor.
@mattshotcha I don't know how workable this is... but instead of constantly patching out methods to get up there... making all of the roofs a façade that you cannot stand on and will fall through if you do make it up there seems like less patching over time. I wonder if this would mean that rain now goes through the rooftops as if they were not there?
   Glitchers falling through the map to their doom in every other glitch spot would save patching out new ways to get there after one is patched out as well... and perhaps Jason should get the kill credit when they die like this... If players just end up dead when getting into one of these spots, it would put a definitive end to it... unless they just want to suicide... Just a thought anyway.

37 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Didn't think of that. Guess that's why they don't let Jason on roofs.

There is a way for Jason to get on the roofs... and youtube videos to show you how to do it... We just do not post stuff like this here, but it is merely a youtube search away.

I've shown Jason players how to get on the roofs.

Edit: Because of that, last night I was reported for Exploiting/Hacking the game for helping Jason kill rats/trolls/toxic players.

3 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

I've shown Jason players how to get on the roofs.
Edit: Because of that, last night I was reported for Exploiting/Hacking the game for helping Jason kill rats/trolls/toxic players. 

The irony of being reported for exploiting by players that have their exploiting curtailed by what you did... is laughable... What a bunch of ignorant pricks! I do not think anything would be done about it though... you were showing him how to get people that were already exploiting... No crime with that... Just fighting fire with fire... Perhaps their own exploiting will be taken into account with that report... We can only hope.
   This amount of irony here makes me think we are in The Twilight Zone... or as I like to call it... "Irony Theater."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There’s the water so it would be irrelevant imo.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

but it is merely a youtube search away.

Can’t be reported for telling them this @sedaiv.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s the water so it would be irrelevant imo.

Relevant or not, it would still be a thing at some point.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

And I’ll point out the water then too. 

Still need to make all roofs fall through. Walls should deal instant counselor death damage if you're on top.

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It wouldn't matter. Jason can hide in the water if he wants. He can morph to the other side of the map when they get close if he wants... and if they somehow manage to get close before his morph regenerates, he can shift directly away and morph will be active again before they can get close enough.... If Jason wants to run and hide, there are many ways to do it.
   People cry if Jason hides in the water... or runs in any way because he spoiled their pretty much guaranteed... and extremely easy kill. While I am not a fan of running away and hiding when playing Jason, it is still just whining and crying when people complain about it... Why should Jason player just hand the kill to them? If he wants to run and hide, he can... The option is open to him. I am surprised more Jason players do not do this in the first place. 
   And if people want to cry about this... exactly why should any of us listen to them?... They are literally demanding that another player do what they think the other player should do so they can win themselves... Literally demanding he let them kill him... and he sucks if he doesn't do what they think he should do... It is not like Jason playing keep away from a kill squad is a bannable offense... or even against the rules in ANY way for that matter... But I am sure there are a few whiners that wish it was.
   Usually when someone claims another player sucks... it is the other way around. Trolls will be trolls after all. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ahab said:

I read that after they fix one method of glitching to a point (roof or otherwise)… some players are able to find a different method to glitch there again. They can only patch out known methods of getting into one of these spots... It is hard to patch something out that you do not even realize exists in game.

This is a good idea... It also sounds like something that is possible to do at least... and would punish the glitchers with the damage from the fall they would suffer, particularly on the Packanack lodge roof if they fall through and do not land on the second floor. It is a long way down from the roof to the living room floor.
@mattshotcha I don't know how workable this is... but instead of constantly patching out methods to get up there... making all of the roofs a façade that you cannot stand on and will fall through if you do make it up there seems like less patching over time. I wonder if this would mean that rain now goes through the rooftops as if they were not there?
   Glitchers falling through the map to their doom in every other glitch spot would save patching out new ways to get there after one is patched out as well... and perhaps Jason should get the kill credit when they die like this... If players just end up dead when getting into one of these spots, it would put a definitive end to it... unless they just want to suicide... Just a thought anyway.

There is a way for Jason to get on the roofs... and youtube videos to show you how to do it... We just do not post stuff like this here, but it is merely a youtube search away.

It's similar to the idea of having a kill volume up there. Basically, it's problematic as those volumes/areas then can bleed and have really tricky issues on the floors below, etc. 

BUT, we are getting the methods through reports, and if we can patch the methods, we can stop people from not only accessing roofs, but also other, yet unknown areas that may pop up. Whereas changing the roof only fixes that location. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I am surprised more Jason players do not do this in the first place

I am as well.

If the hunters can’t bother to be sneaky and pressure objectives in the first half of the match, to take the mask and set up a surprise kill, fuck’em. Last match I played, I limped everyone in the lobby and didn’t start killing till I had rage. If you make it obvious, I’m not playing your game, you’re playing mine. Enjoy limping, bitches. 

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

It's similar to the idea of having a kill volume up there. Basically, it's problematic as those volumes/areas then can bleed and have really tricky issues on the floors below, etc. 

BUT, we are getting the methods through reports, and if we can patch the methods, we can stop people from not only accessing roofs, but also other, yet unknown areas that may pop up. Whereas changing the roof only fixes that location. 

Thanks for the heads up and the optimism. Can the anniversary just get here already, it’s taking to long, lol.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Thanks for the response... but it did sound like a workable idea... We never know until we ask.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If the hunters can’t bother to be sneaky and pressure objectives in the first half of the match, to take the mask and set up a surprise kill, fuck’em. Last match I played, I limped everyone in the lobby and didn’t start killing till I had rage. If you make it obvious, I’m not playing your game, you’re playing mine. Enjoy limping, bitches. 

Just limping all of them is amusing enough, but it is hard to resist killing them... It is Jason's job after all... and he works for free!... or maybe for that reward mother keeps promising him. It is probably just a cookie anyway. I am not sure how Mrs. Voorhees bakes cookies in her current condition, or where she gets the ingredients... or how she gives these cookies to Jason.

Also... I forgot the anniversary is coming up. Damn! now I have to buy Jason a present... he needs a shiny new machete... but we can never put that in game because it is new... Perhaps just a polish for his old machete. I am sure he would appreciate that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Also... I forgot the anniversary is coming up. Damn! now I have to buy Jason a present... he needs a shiny new machete... but we can never put that in game because it is new... Perhaps just a polish for his old machete. I am sure he would appreciate that.

I’m sure there’s models in the game we haven’t used. If they could add weapon skins as part of weapon swapping that would be awesome. I’d even take some of the broken weapon models if they made any for Jason. (Anyone remember any in the VC2?)  Bloody ones too.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, mattshotcha said:

When you guys make that happen , it'll be awesome. Thanks for the consideration.