11 minutes ago, gamer4games said:

Aside from offline progression mode, how about a mode where Jason begins maskless and you can find his mask somewhere on the level while murdering people gaining some sort of benefit or enabling something that was disabled without it? not only would it make seeing the maskless face textures possible (or more probable) but also increasing the amount of "playable Jasons" in a way but giving Jason players another sort of goal while playing?

Makes me think of an interesting idea:

Mask Mode: Jason starts maskless. However, his cabin is locked and the only way to get into it is to find his mask in a random place. Should Jason manage to kill the person with the mask, he instantly gains Rage and Killing Jason is no longer possible. Better hope you and your buds have been working on escape routes.

5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Mask Mode: Jason starts maskless. However, his cabin is locked and the only way to get into it is to find his mask in a random place. Should Jason manage to kill the person with the mask, he instantly gains Rage and Killing Jason is no longer possible. Better hope you and your buds have been working on escape routes.

I’d really like to try this idea, it sounds like fun.

Basically what i'm trying to say. Add a few extra minutes to find it. Give more xp if he manages to do the job without the mask at all. make the mode available offline also. there needs to be more then just offline bots and challenge mode.

29 minutes ago, gamer4games said:

Basically what i'm trying to say. Add a few extra minutes to find it. Give more xp if he manages to do the job without the mask at all. make the mode available offline also. there needs to be more then just offline bots and challenge mode.

Yep, I think they should let us load in as a Counselor. It might not be quite the same but people will have fun with it because it’s new. I’d love to walk around in the SPC’s and not trigger anyone till I attacked someone. 

Toss in an infinite ammo Shotgun that can break doors in seven hits and I’ll be in heaven for months.

Edit - Actually it should let you start with any weapon and have it be unbreakable/break doors and windows.

(The flare gun could be tons of fun too, if it lit people up like Kenny in the generator cabin.)

Posted (edited)

I had always asked for an offline counselor mode a long time ago.The idea of playing as a counselor offline is appealing to lots of us,but there's always the question,how would it work?

I had always though of a 2 player splitscreen co-op mode where the 2 players would pick their counselors and perks.At first,the goal would be to escape the map.If the Jason bot kills one of the players,they could be revived as Tommy,if the other player can get to the cb console.Then,they could try to either escape or kill Jason.I'm not sure if having some other bots in the game as other counselors would help,but it might be a tactic to let the Jason bot keep busy with them if you need to revive the other player as Tommy.You could press the control pad for commands to give the counselor bots,like up for 'look for parts/repair vehicles',down for 'barricade doors'.left for 'follow me'(A good one if you need extra bots with you to kill Jason bot),and right for 'free'(like if you want the counselor bots to explore on their own without you).

Just brainstorming here.I wouldn't even care if the offline counselor mode didn't have a 'story' or cutscenes,just a fun,offline,counselor mode is all,really.

Edited by jade
forgot something.sorry.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, jade said:

I had always asked for an offline counselor mode a long time ago.The idea of playing as a counselor offline is appealing to lots of us,but there's always the question,how would it work?

I had always though of a 2 player splitscreen co-op mode where the 2 players would pick their counselors and perks.At first,the goal would be to escape the map.If the Jason bot kills one of the players,they could be revived as Tommy,if the other player can get to the cb console.Then,they could try to either escape or kill Jason.I'm not sure if having some other bots in the game as other counselors would help,but it might be a tactic to let the Jason bot keep busy with them if you need to revive the other player as Tommy.You could press the control pad for commands to give the counselor bots,like up for 'look for parts/repair vehicles',down for 'barricade doors'.left for 'follow me'(A good one if you need extra bots with you to kill Jason bot),and right for 'free'(like if you want the counselor bots to explore on their own without you).

Just brainstorming here.I wouldn't even care if the offline counselor mode didn't have a 'story' or cutscenes,just a fun,offline,counselor mode is all,really.

You arent posting any bad concepts its just how it can be implented into the game.

Yeah,i have lots of ideas for what i'd like to see in my favorite games,but since i have so skills like computer programming,etc,i often don't realize how easy or hard it would be to do what i wish the games had.

Do you every think they will come out with a patch anytime soon, where we can level up and unlock all the jasons without a internet connection? Someone said gun confirmed it but i dont see it anywhere about them saying its true. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:01 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I mean their would be months of work to do to make him fuction.....and would there be other bots or just a single counselor because all the other bots would suck badly.

Open the game to modding. Problem solved.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:14 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

They already stated for that it would be complex to rig Jason as a Bot.

Meaning it is TOO COMPLEX for a inexperienced team like them.

4 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

They have experience tho

I doubt it, based on the mess the game was on release and still is.

3 hours ago, AeronSky said:

I doubt it, based on the mess the game was on release and still is.

The devs had a lot of heart but the project was clearly too ambitious for them and then when they misplaced priorities, that's when things got bad.

That said, the problem isn't making a Jason bot that is dangerous. The PROBLEM is making a Jason bot that can make human mistakes. All programmers have been able to do is make a Jason that knows where everyone is at all times and will hack you to death. You can see how much that would suck in an offline game.

To make Jason have flaws, you need to put in a lot more time to basically make moments of stupidity and ways for him to NOT see/hear you.

36 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

The devs had a lot of heart but the project was clearly too ambitious for them and then when they misplaced priorities, that's when things got bad.

That said, the problem isn't making a Jason bot that is dangerous. The PROBLEM is making a Jason bot that can make human mistakes. All programmers have been able to do is make a Jason that knows where everyone is at all times and will hack you to death. You can see how much that would suck in an offline game.

To make Jason have flaws, you need to put in a lot more time to basically make moments of stupidity and ways for him to NOT see/hear you.

Making such bots have been done before by other developers and a lot of games are filled with such bots. Whatever team or company these individuals  (the people that make up the development team) were part of before they joined the company that made this game, they should've stayed there to gain more experience in programming.  I believe that under a different development team that this game would've fared better, have more enjoyable content and overall a more enjoyable experience.