16 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

They could always stick the bot AI in it and see what happens, 😆. Match is over Jason has escaped, lol.

Well he would try to escape and repeatedly get shot in the process.. Poor Jason...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gamer4games said:

Hmmm I'm considering buying this game for it's single player elements. I dislike multi-player games. I second the client side server data for access to tons of content not possible without internet access, it's misleading advertisement also saying it's "offline" when it sort of isn't. I think it's consumer baiting to not allow consumers access to the content they paid for. The game looks sweet though!

The counselor mode offline would be something interesting too, but the levelling, perks and skin access seems to be a no brainer. I don't want a largely useless game should the servers shut down.

Welcome to the forum. Read a bit on the forum and see the experiences that other players have had and are having with the game. Let that help you in your decision on whether or not to purchase the game.

Most of us here are hoping when the servers shut down some time in the future, that offline access to our progress will be a thing.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:46 AM, mattshotcha said:

It's definitely something to consider. Thanks for the feedback!

Oh yeah I forgot to say thank you for replying.

A proper sandbox mode where you can just wander around with counselor bots and dum AI Jason would be ok too. At least you could appreciate the maps etc.

4 hours ago, Survival said:

A proper sandbox mode where you can just wander around with counselor bots and dum AI Jason would be ok too. At least you could appreciate the maps etc.

Man, you wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve brought it up. I’m like a broken record at this point. I just want to drive around some days, got 30 mins. to kill and don’t feel like waiting for a match.

As a side note there’s actually a sandbox mode in the game, it was on PC briefly along with the Lazarus Experience, whatever that was. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Man, you wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve brought it up. I’m like a broken record at this point. I just want to drive around some days, got 30 mins. to kill and don’t feel like waiting for a match.

As a side note there’s actually a sandbox mode in the game, it was on PC briefly along with the Lazarus Experience, whatever that was. 

This is definitely a feature that should be in the game.... I hope they incorporate this into the game before all is said and done with it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This is definitely a feature that should be in the game.... I hope they incorporate this into the game before all is said and done with it.

Yep, it’s all I want. I’d like it to come before the end though as there are definitely things that would be fun and simple to add that wouldn’t be new content. 

I jokingly suggested a shotgun with infinite ammo, but now find I’d actually really want that, if I’m going bot hunting by my lonesome. Options more than welcome, like jumping into SPC’s as a Counselor just fun things that might be glitchy but won’t hurt anything to let us do. 

So I got the game for my birthday and sure enough the game is cool, but currently my internet is out. I'm stuck at level 0 with 0 CP I'd sure like a true offline so I can at least earn skins, kills, etc. offline, presently this game feels a little hollow without progression.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, Survival said:

On 5/7/2019 at 9:58 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

On 5/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

On 5/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, it’s all I want. I’d like it to come before the end though as there are definitely things that would be fun and simple to add that wouldn’t be new content. 

I jokingly suggested a shotgun with infinite ammo, but now find I’d actually really want that, if I’m going bot hunting by my lonesome. Options more than welcome, like jumping into SPC’s as a Counselor just fun things that might be glitchy but won’t hurt anything to let us do. 

Agreed on a Sandmode.....which was also originally planned for the game.

23 minutes ago, gamer4games said:

So I got the game for my birthday and sure enough the game is cool, but currently my internet is out. I'm stuck at level 0 with 0 CP I'd sure like a true offline so I can at least earn skins, kills, etc. offline, presently this game feels a little hollow without progression.

I also agree....I love the game and would love to also play offline with all the content unlocked from my own original progression.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, mattshotcha said:

It's definitely something to consider. Thanks for the feedback!

The main thing we want is for our unlocked Jasons, Jason kills, skins, and weapon swapping to remain with our level.

A save on the User side is very much needed so that when the servers are turned off, I can still turn this game on years later, boot up my level 150 profile, and use the wood axe with Part 7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

The main thing we want is for our unlocked Jasons, Jason kills, skins, and weapon swapping to remain with our level.

A save on the User side is very much needed so that when the servers are turned off, I can still turn this game on years later, boot up my level 150 profile, and use the wood axe with Part 7.

Agreed!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:00 PM, Daneasaur said:

Exactly...I don't want a useless disc when everything is said and done. It isn't like there is a lot of alternatives to play that offer this kind of concept in a game, namely one with one of our favorite murderers.

41 minutes ago, gamer4games said:

Exactly...I don't want a useless disc when everything is said and done. It isn't like there is a lot of alternatives to play that offer this kind of concept in a game, namely one with one of our favorite murderers.

Naughty Bear 2?

I work in a camp, and the internet can be so-so here, it'd be great to also reduce the amount of knives the AI counselors have. As for progression, does killing ai bots offline not add toward the overall xp for levels? or am I missing something? I haven't played in almost 6ish months, ever since the original Gun pulled out.

20 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Naughty Bear 2?

Lol....I was thinking the old Friday the 13th game by LJN on the nes...

10 hours ago, monoXide83 said:

I work in a camp, and the internet can be so-so here, it'd be great to also reduce the amount of knives the AI counselors have. As for progression, does killing ai bots offline not add toward the overall xp for levels? or am I missing something? I haven't played in almost 6ish months, ever since the original Gun pulled out.

The knives don't really bug me...what bugs me is that afaik there is no real way to combat them other then simply attacking with your weapons as opposed to the grab kills.
Exp. only is counted while you're connected to the internet (which defeats the point of calling it "offline"). I wouldn't scoff if they decided to make a separate progression save for online and a separate one for offline games, that way for the most part both types of players are happy.

18 minutes ago, gamer4games said:

Lol....I was thinking the old Friday the 13th game by LJN on the nes...

The knives don't really bug me...what bugs me is that afaik there is no real way to combat them other then simply attacking with your weapons as opposed to the grab kills.
Exp. only is counted while you're connected to the internet (which defeats the point of calling it "offline"). I wouldn't scoff if they decided to make a separate progression save for online and a separate one for offline games, that way for the most part both types of players are happy.

Oooooh

• Like 1

Was offline experience and CP disabled? There was a time it was not, I used bots to get a handful of levels on a 2.3x weekend back when the game was new.

I also hope for a plan to make the game sustainable in some sense when as someone said the servers go down, and they will, eventually. However level and CP mean absolutely nothing for Jason (would only require a complete Jason unlock) In offline mode unless local hosts can provide networking with no servers, ie over MS network or local LAN in house.

I do believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that our progression is in part tied to the servers rather than local saves, IE people getting reset to 0 or rolled back 50 levels, I've had it happen to friends. 100 percent controlled Microsoft cloud saves do not do this.

I like many and you are looking forward to the future of being able to randomly enjoy this game after the xbox one is considered an old mans toy the kids make fun of because we have to use controllers instead of our thoughts to interact lmao

• Like 1

@Daneasaur and @AshTray900, many of us are hoping for and counting on some kind of offline access to our profiles when the servers go down one day. That would likely be the final patch released for this game.

On 5/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, gamer4games said:

This game could potentially pave the way for a batch of games based on our favorite slashers and killers. The concepts of those games will likely improve on the basic principles of this game.

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@Daneasaur and @AshTray900, many of us are hoping for and counting on some kind of offline access to our profiles when the servers go down one day. That would likely be the final patch released for this game.

This game could potentially pave the way for a batch of games based on our favorite slashers and killers. The concepts of those games will likely improve on the basic principles of this game.

I seriously hope so, kids these days are driving the market not us old schoolers lol. Dead by daylight poached some great killers that could have Fit the mold this game created which is 100% unique to any other game, it was a brilliant idea

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshTray900 said:

I seriously hope so, kids these days are driving the market not us old schoolers lol. Dead by daylight poached some great killers that could have Fit the mold this game created which is 100% unique to any other game, it was a brilliant idea

I am pleased to see more and more game developers creating games with an 8-bit or 16-bit appearance.

I don't mind modern 8 or 16-bit stuff so long as it's deepened by today's type of game play depth. I mean I'm 40 and witnessed pong, Coleco and Atari..so graphics are secondary as long as gameplay is awesome.

On 5/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, AshTray900 said:

Honestly DbD would be fun if it was actually like F13 game mechanics.....and not that hook simulator feel.

• Like 1