Sign in to follow this  
Thrasher

Neat ideas to throw around

In before "but the lawsuit wah wah wah." Yes, we all know. This is just a nice discussion about ideas you have for the game that you'd think would be neat. I'll start.

First Person - I thought this would've been implemented early on. When in the car or hiding in a closet/under and bed, it goes first person. Why not the rest of the game? Not for Jason though, I think that'd just make it more difficult.

Hardcore Mode - For a real challenge. No mini map, no player indicators on the big map, first person only, counsellors only take two hits to die, items are more scarce, Tommy only spawns after 10 minutes, Tommy's radio location shows on Jason's map, no music. Of course, for balance, all of Jason's perks will be nerfed greatly, Sense will be weak, maybe only highlighting houses, Jason will have to rely more on the noise counsellors generate, possibly remove Stalk? All Jasons have a limit of 3 traps, throwing knives will be more scarce, he doesn't get alerted when his shack is infiltrated but if successfully de-masked and sweater'd, the progress bar does not reset when hit the first time. This mode will have players relying more on strategy, co-operation, and communication. A mode that will incite fear in players, and make Jason scary again. The casual mode can be kept just the way it is, if people want a real challenge? Hardcore mode it is.

Free Roam - Just a mode where you can explore the maps totally Jason free, just for the fun of exploration. Maybe a Jason(s) is around, but he doesn't hurt counsellors. Just a little fun.

More weapons for Jason - For more variety. We've been stuck with the same eight weapons for a couple years now, and Jason has used a plethora of weapons in the films. I'd like to see the motorised weed whacker from Part 7 be put to use. Instead of bashing doors down he has to saw them down. It could be a lot easier to kill counsellors with, but he has to rev it up first, which'll make him more vulnerable. Regular pitchfork maybe? Also more kill animations.

Voorhees House - A new map idea. The Voorhees House from Part 9 and the surrounding forestry. When the radio is called, who comes to the rescue? Tommy? Not this time. Creighton Duke. And when it comes to killing Jason, do you grab the sweater? No, you must acquire the Voorhees Dagger instead.

I absolutely love these ideas. Sadly though all of the great ideas a lot of us have will probably not be implemented 😕

It's hard to discuss ideas for the game now. We know they will never be implemented and the fact that we will not be getting a sequel anytime soon or never be getting a sequel just sucks knowing. 

But the ideas you provided would of been good additions to the game. Except for the first-person perspective. I feel that wouldn't have been needed in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I absolutely love these ideas. Sadly though all of the great ideas a lot of us have will probably not be implemented 😕

1 minute ago, BigJay said:

It's hard to discuss ideas for the game now. We know they will never be implemented and the fact that we will not be getting a sequel anytime soon or never be getting a sequel just sucks knowing. 

But the ideas you provided would of been good additions to the game. Except for the first-person perspective. I feel that wouldn't have been needed in my opinion. 

I'm glad you guys like my ideas, in which I thank you both. The point of this thread though is to move on from the whole lawsuit ordeal, yes, we all know none of this is going to be implemented. You don't have to mention it. This is just for the fun of throwing around any ideas we all have, and get some cool discussions going. No one needs to hear about the lawsuit any more, move on.

• Like 1

Freeroam/sandbox actually used to be a mode a long time ago but it was taken out very early! It literally just was a way to walk around a map as a counselour and it was pretty fun so I totally agree with bringing it back! As for hardcore mode, I’m totally down for seeing a new harder mode to play with friends as a challenge, I’d say this would only work in private lobbies not public, as you can probably just infer most people wouldn’t want to have no choice wether they play it or not. But I would love to see something like that! 

Lastly first person, I personally don’t think this ones a good idea, as even under beds/ in closets the first person placement isn’t very good, it’s  meant for you to see out the thing, but not to see out if your characters eyes directly. A lot of the animations would also be very hard to deal with in first person, imagine bouncing around every two seconds when jogging lol! 

I do absolutely adore your first two I mentioned above though, I’m glad you thought of them!

i have almost a little list of unreleased content and old content that never really made it that I’d like to see so maybe I can put a few suggestions out there? 

2 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Freeroam/sandbox actually used to be a mode a long time ago but it was taken out very early! It literally just was a way to walk around a map as a counselour and it was pretty fun so I totally agree with bringing it back! As for hardcore mode, I’m totally down for seeing a new harder mode to play with friends as a challenge, I’d say this would only work in private lobbies not public, as you can probably just infer most people wouldn’t want to have no choice wether they play it or not. But I would love to see something like that! 

Lastly first person, I personally don’t think this ones a good idea, as even under beds/ in closets the first person placement isn’t very good, it’s  meant for you to see out the thing, but not to see out if your characters eyes directly. A lot of the animations would also be very hard to deal with in first person, imagine bouncing around every two seconds when jogging lol! 

I do absolutely adore your first two I mentioned above though, I’m glad you thought of them!

i have almost a little list of unreleased content and old content that never really made it that I’d like to see so maybe I can put a few suggestions out there? 

Hey man, throw down what you got, I wanna hear them ideas. This is open for everyone.

I love the idea of new weapons.  It's funny that the first one that came to mind was the motorized weed eater from part 7.  Another good one would be a flare shoved into the mouth like in part 5.  Or a single shot spear gun in place of throwing knives.  Having watched all the movies several times over, I agree there is an unlimited world of mayhem available to Jason.  Excellent thinking

On 4/28/2019 at 6:59 PM, Thrasher said:

In before "but the lawsuit wah wah wah." Yes, we all know. This is just a nice discussion about ideas you have for the game that you'd think would be neat. I'll start.

First Person - I thought this would've been implemented early on. When in the car or hiding in a closet/under and bed, it goes first person. Why not the rest of the game? Not for Jason though, I think that'd just make it more difficult.

Hardcore Mode - For a real challenge. No mini map, no player indicators on the big map, first person only, counsellors only take two hits to die, items are more scarce, Tommy only spawns after 10 minutes, Tommy's radio location shows on Jason's map, no music. Of course, for balance, all of Jason's perks will be nerfed greatly, Sense will be weak, maybe only highlighting houses, Jason will have to rely more on the noise counsellors generate, possibly remove Stalk? All Jasons have a limit of 3 traps, throwing knives will be more scarce, he doesn't get alerted when his shack is infiltrated but if successfully de-masked and sweater'd, the progress bar does not reset when hit the first time. This mode will have players relying more on strategy, co-operation, and communication. A mode that will incite fear in players, and make Jason scary again. The casual mode can be kept just the way it is, if people want a real challenge? Hardcore mode it is.

Free Roam - Just a mode where you can explore the maps totally Jason free, just for the fun of exploration. Maybe a Jason(s) is around, but he doesn't hurt counsellors. Just a little fun.

More weapons for Jason - For more variety. We've been stuck with the same eight weapons for a couple years now, and Jason has used a plethora of weapons in the films. I'd like to see the motorised weed whacker from Part 7 be put to use. Instead of bashing doors down he has to saw them down. It could be a lot easier to kill counsellors with, but he has to rev it up first, which'll make him more vulnerable. Regular pitchfork maybe? Also more kill animations.

Voorhees House - A new map idea. The Voorhees House from Part 9 and the surrounding forestry. When the radio is called, who comes to the rescue? Tommy? Not this time. Creighton Duke. And when it comes to killing Jason, do you grab the sweater? No, you must acquire the Voorhees Dagger instead.

I agree with you we need The Voorhees House as a new map but I don't think Creighton Duke would be the new hero like Tommy he would be probably just a regular playable character like the rest in the game.

29 minutes ago, Bless 2 Success said:

I agree with you we need The Voorhees House as a new map but I don't think Creighton Duke would be the new hero like Tommy he would be probably just a regular playable character like the rest in the game.

If you’ve listened to the Tommy tapes, you’ll know he was bumped around a bunch of different mental institutions. So in my head cannon the way I rationalize someone like Tommy raising up to be the hero that he is in the game, is by using Creighton as a mentor type figure. See after Tommy took down Jason he came back and killed Duke’s girl, so Duke hunted him down to find out what he knew. Again this is my personal head cannon, so no one has to agree but the way I see it is Tommy and Duke are probably partners hunting down the monsters at each of Tommy’s later stays. Maybe using Tommy as bait, then turning the tables on the killers by Duke showing up. 

I figured a few other characters could have been involved, so eventually you’d end up with a whole team of Hunters. If extra vol.’s had happened, I could see linking them all together and making a really cool mode where the tables are reversed and the killers are hunted right from their the get go. Obviously there’d be some balancing things that would need to be add but it still would have been fun. 

On 4/28/2019 at 6:59 PM, Thrasher said:

ya if they do that id throw the game away and DEMAND a full refund  first person sucks big time

• Sad 1