Sign in to follow this  
BangaJason

Awesome fix to save the game!

...ok hear me out, I know a perfect solution to bring many players back to the game and KEEP players playing....Its clear one of the major drawbacks of playing this game is being killed and having to wait in the spectating area for 15 plus minutes...there would have to be 2 major adjustments to playing as a counselor and that is that as a counselor, you CANNOT, "Survive the Night" you have to either kill Jason or escape and this is balanced out by allowing counselors to either be rescued and brought back into game play similar to Last Year, or just simply have counselors respawn after they are killed, of course this idea can be tweaked. Maybe there could be a certain number of times a counselor has to respawn, or maybe reduce Jason's cooldown on his abilities as this would make it harder for him killing the same ppl over and over, there's many ways the idea can be tweak and balanced but bottomline is one major reason players are leaving is because of that long wait time to get back in the game after being killed. So again, a solution would be

#1 Counselors can either be rescued and brought back into the game by other counselors or they could simply respawn after being killed. 

And #2 Counselors cannot win by surviving the night, they must escape or kill Jason.

And of course my boy Jason would have to be given some sort of MAJOR buff to deal with the undead lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

this would actually detour some people from playing the game as they dont want to have to wait. best solution is like last year where they have to be rescued so that way if jason kills everyone and they havent rescued anybody jason wins

@BangaJason Your solution is far from perfect... Bringing counselors back to try again over and over will only lead to Jason's death in EVERY match. It is already way too easy to kill him... let's not make it easier. Players are free to leave and find another match after they die if they do not want to wait around.
    The "MAJOR" buff Jason would need to deal with this is WAY too far off the scale. You should have been here right after the last patch was dropped... The river of tears over that one was enough to fill a lake... and it gave Jason absolutely nothing to help him catch and kill counselors at all, nor did it help make killing Jason more difficult... If anything, it made it easier to kill him than it already was... At least the piñata parties are far rarer than they were before that patch though.
    Also... welcome to the forums.

I don't like the fact of you saying to not allow counselors to survive the night. This is my favorite way to survive in the game and it’s the most difficult way to survive as well. A lot of others have surviving the night as their favorite way to survive as well.... This would actually piss a lot people off taking this away. What I like about this game is you have to earn your survival. The killer actually kills in the game and if u die you have to accept it.... the people jason killed in the movies didn’t come back to life so why should they in the game? Unless of course you come back as tommy but that’s different.

I think a better way to go about it would be for the dead counselors to re spawn on their own map and have mini games available to them. Maybe car races, boat races, maybe even a free for all battle between all of the dead counselors. Every man for themselves with friendly fire turned on. Etc... 

Anyways, welcome to the forums! 

This game doesn't need rescue or re-spawns. This is Friday the 13th, not Modern Warfare 2. If Jason kills you, you are dead (unless you're TJ), try again next round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don't like the fact of you saying to not allow counselors to survive the night. This is my favorite way to survive in the game and it’s the most difficult way to survive as well. A lot of others have surviving the night as their favorite way to survive as well.... This would actually piss a lot people off taking this away. What I like about this game is you have to earn your survival. The killer actually kills in the game and if u die you have to accept it.... the people jason killed in the movies didn’t come back to life so why should they in the game? Unless of course you come back as tommy but that’s different.

I think a better way to go about it would be for the dead counselors to re spawn on their own map and have mini games available to them. Maybe car races, boat races, maybe even a free for all battle between all of the dead counselors. Every man for themselves with friendly fire turned on. Etc... 

Anyways, welcome to the forums! 

"think a better way to go about it would be for the dead counselors to re spawn on their own map and have mini games available to them. Maybe car races, boat races, maybe even a free for all battle between all of the dead counselors....."............WHAT??

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This game doesn't need rescue or re-spawns. This is Friday the 13th, not Modern Warfare 2. If Jason kills you, you are dead (unless you're TJ), try again next round.

And it's this type of thinking that's causing this game's playerbase to drop drastically! I'm sorry idc what you say nobody wants to wait for up to 19 minutes (assuming Jason Kills you in the first minute) for the next round and players should NOT have to leave a lobby to find another match simply because they was killed, come on think FORWARDS NOT BACKWARDS, obviously the mechanics of this game have not done it ANY justice because if it did, players would still be around, money would still be rolling in and the dev's would still be willing to add content, so....

6 hours ago, shady said:

this would actually detour some people from playing the game as they dont want to have to wait. best solution is like last year where they have to be rescued so that way if jason kills everyone and they havent rescued anybody jason wins

Uum, did you NOT read my post I CLEARLY said, one solution could be to have counselors "rescue" dead counselors OR simply have them respond.....did I not type that in the original post???

Bottomline is, in order to bring the devs/new content back, we need to bring money back, in order to bring money back, we have to bring players back, and...here it is in--order--to--bring--players--baaaack...SOMETHING...HAS...TO...CHAAAANGE....now I know that there are people who are terrified of change, BUT, that's just the way its gotta be.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BangaJason said:

And it's this type of thinking that's causing this game's playerbase to drop drastically! I'm sorry idc what you say nobody wants to wait for up to 19 minutes (assuming Jason Kills you in the first minute) for the next round and players should NOT have to leave a lobby to find another match simply because they was killed, come on think FORWARDS NOT BACKWARDS, obviously the mechanics of this game have not done it ANY justice because if it did, players would still be around, money would still be rolling in and the dev's would still be willing to add content, so....

You joined 6 hours ago, and now you're telling me my way of thinking has caused a decline in the playerbase? Troll.

Just now, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You joined 6 hours ago, and now you're telling me my way of thinking has caused a decline in the playerbase? Troll.

Of course I'm a troll because I think differently than you...smh, so what would be your solution? How would you save Friday the 13th? Please...do tell. And yes I joined 6 hours ago. I actually was here over a year ago but left this forum because of the close mindedness of the people here, and I KNEW I KNEW that all that crying and complaining to the dev's which caused them to change their game... would ultimately leave the people whom play this game as nothing but the few absolute loyal fans, which I am myself, but from a business standpoint, I stand by my theory I had then which was if the dev's catered the mechanics of the game to the complaining few, the majority would leave....and that's EXACTLY what has happened.

• Like 2

I really don’t believe y’all get it. The game is not rolling out content because of a recent lawsuit and they do not want to add content and risk being the target of another one and risk bankruptcy. If this weren’t so then Jason x along with a Grendel map and even a new game mode would be in the game or be on the way as we speak. However, this is not true so we must wait for a solution to be found soon.

• Like 3

Another fact is the majority of players when this game was at its peak during the summer of 2017, didnt joint this forum nor any of the F13thegame pages on Facebook or the official one on Twitter, they just played the game and had to suffer because a few hundred of the most loyal fans whom made up the minority of the games total playerbase, constantly bickered  (when they lost) to the dev's on these sites....

• Like 2

Just now, BangaJason said:

Of course I'm a troll because I think differently than you...smh, so what would be your solution? How would you save Friday the 13th? Please...do tell. And yes I joined 6 hours ago. I actually was here over a year ago but left this forum because of the close mindedness of the people here, and I KNEW I KNEW that all that crying and complaining to the dev's which caused them to change their game... would ultimately leave the people whom play this game as nothing but the few absolute loyal fans, which I am myself, but from a business standpoint, I stand by my theory I had then which was if the dev's catered the mechanics of the game to the complaining few, the majority would leave....and that's EXACTLY what has happened.

The recent Rage patch has actually gotten some of those who had left to RETURN... the ones that left after the buff will not be missed in the slightest, neither will the ones that leave because it's "boring".

1 minute ago, iBrokeJason said:

I really don’t believe y’all get it. The game is not rolling out content because of a recent lawsuit and they do not want to add content and risk being the target of another one and risk bankruptcy. If this weren’t so then Jason x along with a Grendel map and even a new game mode would be in the game or be on the way as we speak. However, this is not true so we must wait for a solution to be found soon.

I guess you missed the part were I said I too was a very loyal fan. I've seen the Victor Miller interview....he won the lawsuit....and he was not opposed to adding new content to the game AND Gun has said that regardless of whether Horror Inc won or not, they were not adding new content, so that seems more like a "there isn't nearly enough money being earned from this product, we're done" statement, and that all goes back to players leaving....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The recent Rage patch has actually gotten some of those who had left to RETURN... the ones that left after the buff will not be missed in the slightest, neither will the ones that leave because it's "boring".

Sorry but at this point this game cant afford not to "miss" any players

• Like 1

Again it's this type of close minded thinking that has cause so many players to leave, and no one seems to get it

• Like 1

Something--has--to--be--done, something has to change in order to save this game. Because I truly believe it can be saved.

3 minutes ago, BangaJason said:

I guess you missed the part were I said I too was a very loyal fan. I've seen the Victor Miller interview....he won the lawsuit....and he was not opposed to adding new content to the game AND Gun has said that regardless of whether Horror Inc won or not, they were not adding new content, so that seems more like a "there isn't nearly enough money being earned from this product, we're done" statement, and that all goes back to players leaving....

He did? Sorry I apologize I was not aware of that. However, I do not agree with being able to rescue any counselors or not be able to survive the night. The buff for Jason would be astronomical considering the recent rage patch is crazy enough. All Jason’s would do all game is camp by objectives and his shack while counselors just leave the game one by one as they grow more and more tired of watching Jason’s try to kill 8 out of 8.

One good idea would be to increase the numbers of ways to escape and give Jason more traps and maybe buff the morph reload time up for each Jason. And make it where Jason only goes into rage with 5 minutes left in a match. This would not overpower Jason or counselors and the game would play very smooth.

The not being able to survive the night was just one of many possible counter balances to counselors either being able to be rescued or respawning which in and of itself is a fix for players leaving because of the long wait times after being killed, and I myself am not a fan of Jason not being able to be stunned while in Rage, I've always advocated for Jason gettin more melee attacks to deal with a crowd of attacking counselors, like the ability to back hand a counselor across the room/street, which would leave them limping, or grabbing a counselor and tossing them, there are many solutions but something has to be done, I feel within my heart that the dev's dont want to abandon the game, but...

12 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

No, many left because it was very hard for counselors to survive the night. No ability to stun Jason? How is anyone gonna survive with a Jason going after you with all the windows broke Andy no spray.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BangaJason said:

"think a better way to go about it would be for the dead counselors to re spawn on their own map and have mini games available to them. Maybe car races, boat races, maybe even a free for all battle between all of the dead counselors....."............WHAT??

Just an idea I threw out there. actually WHAT?? Is what I gotta say about your ideas. They’re crazy

12 minutes ago, iBrokeJason said:

One good idea would be to increase the numbers of ways to escape and give Jason more traps and maybe buff the morph reload time up for each Jason. And make it where Jason only goes into rage with 5 minutes left in a match. This would not overpower Jason or counselors and the game would play very smooth.

They could def increase the number of ways to escape, but fact is the wait time for the next match to start can be up to 19 minutes; if you are unlucky enuff to be killed in the first minute, and this imo is were a big problem lies, that's why I said rescuing dead counselors like in Last Year or just having them respawn would fix that because you would keep player doing what they came to do which is play and taking away the survive the night angle would be the only way to balance that out, because if counselors can keep being rescued or they keep respawning, how does Jason win...well Jason HAS to kill you and the counselors have to escape, and there of course could be more points added every time Jasom gets a kill, etc, but there's many solutions we just gotta come up with one

5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Just an idea I threw out there. actually WHAT?? Is what I gotta say about your ideas. They’re crazy

I dont think so, because they are probably what kept players playing games like Dead by Daylight (which is vastly inferior to F13 when it comes to a good time) and the new Last Year game