Ok this game I just played I feel like I barely took any damage at all and got de masked really quickly. In total all game I only took 3 axe shots that were blocked, 1 shotgun, 3 pocket knives, and some cheap ass shots I had no control in blocking because they felt the need to hit me right out of stun. 

What my strategy was going to be was to take away their pocket knives (why I was grabbing), morph away, go collect more throwing knives, Then try to either A. Get in throwing knife distance and cripple with throwing knives (if this works and they don’t dodge my knives then plan C. If it doesn’t then plan B and hope they don’t have another PK. B. Stalk shift grab when they get a little separation from each other or C. If I do cripple them with throwing knives come in and shift slash them to death.

How much damage do blocked shots and pocket knives put on Jason’s HP? Also they need to get rid of damage output being done right out of stun and nerf shotgun damage a significant amount

Please watch my video and let me know if there’s anything I could’ve done differently to try to avoid being killed. I thought I had a good strategy plan set up but didn’t have the chance to do it due to the fact when I took Vanessa’s PK I got cheaply de masked right out of stun. That’s when I was going to morph away and plan out my attack..

Perhaps pocket knives should  be patched to not do damage, if they indeed do. I always thought they did no damage. If they do damage, then it encourages people to get caught to do guaranteed damage. I don't like that.

Did you trap your shack? If not, start doing so and be consistent about it. 

Combat stance blocking, while not perfect by any means, can and will help quite a bit, but unless you're willing to bet your life they have no more pocketknives, don't grab Tommy or sweater-girl. If they do in fact have PK's, they're going to get a free shot in as soon as you come out of the stun.

Instead of block ----> grab, next time try block ----> tap R2 (light attack, heavy is too slow in this situation) ----> block. 

Don't give in to the urge to just spam R2 over and over (free swinging without using combat stance). If you do, whoever you're slashing is going to do the same thing and, eventually, one of their attacks is going to connect. Depending on circumstances, that alone could remove your mask. 

Start spending time in Offline Bots practicing combat stance ---> block ---> tap R2 ---> block (see video below)

Again, if you don't already trap your shack, start doing so.

Well...if all 7 counselors are trying for the kill...you're fucked...plain and simple. Block or no block, he simply does not have the tools to deal. Even with the rage update, now if the rage update prevented him from being killed. The timer would work against counselors as would senselessly beating on him, because if he got rage before the mask was knocked off...the kills goes out the window but I could see the community being dead set against such an upgrade. The counselors would be on a kill Jason timer no different than Jason is on the 20 minute timer.

Hindsight being what it is, it seems like the devs initially wanted the game to scale towards Jason, but over the updates that made Jason wonky and weaker, the scale tipped towards counselor unfortunately to the point where in a casual setting, Jason can still win if the counselors are newer and/or a mixed bag lobby (objectives, do nothings, maybe a killer or two). However if the lobby is hellbent on one thing, kill or objectives, etc. He's in trouble.

I know for me, I usually roll random Jason/Counselor because I just shake my head every time I actually pick a Jason/Counselor and end up someone else (another non fixed bug). Point being, whenever I am counselor, I have medic/hypo/thick skin on every counselor minus two because so many stats don't live up to their appeal. I try to stay out of sight of Jason initially, but if im near an objective he's trapped right away, as soon as he morphs I tank his traps (Jason alarms really) and that immediately fucks up any Jason's strategy throughout the game. Provided he doesn't camp an objective early game. Especially early game because now that objective is vulnerable. Even Part 2, his 7 traps won't last.

In a perfect world, Jason can trap his objectives early game and they won't be tanked, but its just simply too easy to tank his traps because he can't be everywhere at once and until they buff his traps or nerf medic to only allow 2 heals for just 1 spray instead of 6 total, they are nothing more than Jason alarms to me, both as Jason and as Counselor. Bear traps end up being better simply because they are reusable.

You might just have to employ some high risk strategies like...(geared towards preventing the kill)

- Roll Part 2 and place 4 traps (or all 7) at the shack

- Skip the knives, go for power boxes immediately, saving those extra seconds and skip the phone for a couple morphs in hope you get the Jarvis power box

- Don't trap the cars, only trap the phone and shack, especially as 3 trap Jasons and if the lobby is rolling a bunch of shitty bad fixers/killers which will give them away if they actually try for objectives either to distract or to try

You know, I've been thinking about something for a while now that always comes to mind anytime someone remarks about Jason not being scary.

In Alien: Isolation, the Xenomorph is fucking scary (anyone that claims they've played the game and never been intimidated by him is probably lying their ass off). Even after getting the flamethrower,  it's still scary because A] There is a limited amount of fuel for the flamethrower and B] Even if you scare it away, you know you can't actually kill it, and it'll only take a minute or two before he's after you again. Until you get the flamethrower, being seen = being murdered (even after getting it, you are still extremely easy to kill). This means that the only even remotely safe option you have is to do whatever you have to do in the area and get out as fast as possible while drawing as little attention to yourself as you possibly can.

If Jason were like this, he would finally be something to be truly afraid of. As it is now, the only time the Rage buff makes him even close to unstoppable is when the mask is off and a Jason-kill is either thwarted or un-attempted. Yeah, shotguns still work, but unless you have one your options are limited to running away, escaping, or hiding somewhere and praying he doesn't think to check there. I don't think the ability to kill him should be entirely removed, but it DOES need re-thinking. 

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Perhaps pocket knives should  be patched to not do damage, if they indeed do. I always thought they did no damage. If they do damage, then it encourages people to get caught to do guaranteed damage. I don't like that.

Yeah indeed they should patch pocket knives to not do damage. 

@HaHaTrumpWon this game I did place two traps at my shack because I suspected some killers. They tanked them and by the time I morphed there they had already gotten inside and when I was trying to protect sweater I got shot. But you’re video is going to help me a lot. Next time I deal with a kill squad or just someone/groups trying to fight me I’m gonna give this block and swing a try. I tried doing something of that sort before but I didn’t know you could only block after swinging when the knife lights up again. Thanks for this info it’s gonna help me a lot. I think if I suspect a kill squad I’m gonna give this a try with a +weapon strength Jason (part 3 or 4) bc it’s a little easier to slash them to death with them. 

@tyrant666 yes most of the time if it’s an entire lobby Jason will get killed. An entire lobby of a group beating on you is difficult to combat. I do think @HaHaTrumpWon technique will help a lot in trying to combat them though. This game I actually cut the power to the tommy house but I had so much going on at the time I couldn’t prevent the call. I had someone trying to escape in the car, and someone trying to call cops at the exact same time while someone was fixing the power box to tommy house. So I decided to go for the car and I stopped it and got a couple more kills out of it.... but when the game begins I go for the power boxes ASAP. My first morph I hope that it’s the power box for the tommy house. Sometimes it is the right one and sometimes it’s not. Then while my morph recharges I collect knives, break windows, and doors. The reason why I won’t use all my traps at the shack is because it’s very rare that I am dealing with a kill squad. I typically deal with objective hunters trying to escape camp so I have to trap phone and cars to slow them down. This is why I main part 8, he is a beast at stopping cars. And he’s also great at stopping the boat to. 

12 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You know, I've been thinking about something for a while now that always comes to mind anytime someone remarks about Jason not being scary.

In Alien: Isolation, the Xenomorph is fucking scary (anyone that claims they've played the game and never been intimidated by him is probably lying their ass off). Even after getting the flamethrower,  it's still scary because A] There is a limited amount of fuel for the flamethrower and B] Even if you scare it away, you know you can't actually kill it, and it'll only take a minute or two before he's after you again. Until you get the flamethrower, being seen = being murdered (even after getting it, you are still extremely easy to kill). This means that the only even remotely safe option you have is to do whatever you have to do in the area and get out as fast as possible while drawing as little attention to yourself as you possibly can.

If Jason were like this, he would finally be something to be truly afraid of. As it is now, the only time the Rage buff makes him even close to unstoppable is when the mask is off and a Jason-kill is either thwarted or un-attempted. Yeah, shotguns still work, but unless you have one your options are limited to running away, escaping, or hiding somewhere and praying he doesn't think to check there. I don't think the ability to kill him should be entirely removed, but it DOES need re-thinking. 

I've thought about similar things. Alien: Isolation is a masterpiece of horror, and I thought even an asymmetrical Alien/Predator-hunting-humans kind of game, like this one, DBD, etc., would be a lot of fun. That game is very worth drawing inspiration from because it's pretty incredible as a way to build dread, and tension, key elements of creating a truly frightening experience.

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

@HaHaTrumpWon this game I did place two traps at my shack because I suspected some killers. They tanked them and by the time I morphed there they had already gotten inside and when I was trying to protect sweater I got shot. But you’re video is going to help me a lot. Next time I deal with a kill squad or just someone/groups trying to fight me I’m gonna give this block and swing a try. I tried doing something of that sort before but I didn’t know you could only block after swinging when the knife lights up again. Thanks for this info it’s gonna help me a lot. I think if I suspect a kill squad I’m gonna give this a try with a +weapon strength Jason (part 3 or 4) bc it’s a little easier to slash them to death with them. 

@tyrant666 yes most of the time if it’s an entire lobby Jason will get killed. An entire lobby of a group beating on you is difficult to combat. I do think @HaHaTrumpWon technique will help a lot in trying to combat them though. This game I actually cut the power to the tommy house but I had so much going on at the time I couldn’t prevent the call. I had someone trying to escape in the car, and someone trying to call cops at the exact same time while someone was fixing the power box to tommy house. So I decided to go for the car and I stopped it and got a couple more kills out of it.... but when the game begins I go for the power boxes ASAP. My first morph I hope that it’s the power box for the tommy house. Sometimes it is the right one and sometimes it’s not. Then while my morph recharges I collect knives, break windows, and doors while my morph recharges. The reason why I won’t use all my traps at the shack is because it’s very rare that I am dealing with a kill squad. I typically deal with objective hunters trying to escape camp so I have to trap phone and cars to slow them down. This is why I main part 8, he is a beast at stopping cars. And he’s also great at stopping the boat to. 

It's Tommy86's technique, not mine, but it's helped me a lot in situations like this.

8 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's Tommy86's technique, not mine, but it's helped me a lot in situations like this.

I’m really looking forward to the next time someone tries killing me and I can give this technique a try. I’m definitely going to try mastering it in offline bots first though. Or just against people/groups who wanna fight with me. 

17 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’m really looking forward to the next time someone tries killing me and I can give this technique a try. I’m definitely going to try mastering it in offline bots first though. Or just against people/groups who wanna fight with me. 

Something to keep in mind; block + counter-attack is a great strategy to minimize damage to yourself while still dealing damage to counselors, but there are some groups out there that will catch on to what you're doing and will switch to attacks you can't block. By this I mean they'll horde and use shotguns/flareguns to do as much damage as possible, while baiting you into grabbing them so they can PK you and get a free shot. I've seen counselors go for the sweater and place bear-traps in the shack. If you're already close to losing your mask, stepping in one of them with Tommy and SG inside with you may get you killed, as SG could just wait until you break out of the trap then use the sweater before you have a chance to Shift/Morph away.

Also, I'm sure you already know this but if the shack gets invaded, and you have Stalk ready, turn it on before Morphing to the shack. If you use Sense and the shack lights up, but you can also see there's someone behind the shack (on the outside), it's probably SG. You walk in on Tommy, SG comes up behind you, sweater gets used, you get killed. 

Not to sound like a broken record but, again, I must stress that unless you're willing to bet your life Tommy or SG is out of PK's, don't grab them. If you've trapped your shack and get the alert someones breaking in, don't run up and grab them, but don't run over and start slashing away either. Hit them with a throwing knife (this pulls them out of the opening-trap animation), hold block, and approach carefully. Most likely they have at least one PK and med-spray and are waiting for you to grab them so they can stab you, heal, then grab the sweater and haul ass. Don't get baited into grabbing, just use throwing knives or block + counter-attack.

And don't fuck around if you hear Pamela's alert. Whatever you're doing can wait. 

12 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Something to keep in mind; block + counter-attack is a great strategy to minimize damage to yourself while still dealing damage to counselors, but there are some groups out there that will catch on to what you're doing and will switch to attacks you can't block. By this I mean they'll horde and use shotguns/flareguns to do as much damage as possible, while baiting you into grabbing them so they can PK you and get a free shot. I've seen counselors go for the sweater and place bear-traps in the shack. If you're already close to losing your mask, stepping in one of them with Tommy and SG inside with you may get you killed, as SG could just wait until you break out of the trap then use the sweater before you have a chance to Shift/Morph away.

Also, I'm sure you already know this but if the shack gets invaded, and you have Stalk ready, turn it on before Morphing to the shack. If you use Sense and the shack lights up, but you can also see there's someone behind the shack (on the outside), it's probably SG. You walk in on Tommy, SG comes up behind you, sweater gets used, you get killed. 

Not to sound like a broken record but, again, I must stress that unless you're willing to bet your life Tommy or SG is out of PK's, don't grab them. If you've trapped your shack and get the alert someones breaking in, don't run up and grab them, but don't run over and start slashing away either. Hit them with a throwing knife (this pulls them out of the opening-trap animation), hold block, and approach carefully. Most likely they have at least one PK and med-spray and are waiting for you to grab them so they can stab you, heal, then grab the sweater and haul ass. Don't get baited into grabbing, just use throwing knives or block + counter-attack.

And don't fuck around if you hear Pamela's alert. Whatever you're doing can wait. 

You aren’t a broken record trust me, all the advice you give is solid and I’ll be sure to keep it in mind and add it to my jason playbook. 

Tommy is 10 strength. He got you on wake up from the pocket knife stun. 

Edit: had to crank my brightness up to see what was going on. 

That heavy attack coming out of the pocket knife stun was plenty on its own depending on perks. I have a perk build to one hit demask any Jason from full health. But between that and the shotgun, perks didn't matter. Best to slash or knife in that situation.

what ive done before is as soon as the sweater is grabbed and sweater girl is by tommy i morph out kill others avid them till i get rage if i dont have it already and keep my distance until i gather a bunch of knives then i try to stalk throw knives from a safe distance, then try to stalk shift in and slash the morph out rinse and repeat, i dont care if they call me a runner anymore there trying to kill me and ill do everything to prevent it. another thing you could of done is combat stance blocked the door seperating sweater girl and tommy, even if they demask you they wouldnt be able to kill you 

3 hours ago, shady said:

what ive done before is as soon as the sweater is grabbed and sweater girl is by tommy i morph out kill others avid them till i get rage if i dont have it already and keep my distance until i gather a bunch of knives then i try to stalk throw knives from a safe distance, then try to stalk shift in and slash the morph out rinse and repeat, i dont care if they call me a runner anymore there trying to kill me and ill do everything to prevent it. another thing you could of done is combat stance blocked the door seperating sweater girl and tommy, even if they demask you they wouldnt be able to kill you 

Something I forgot to add about block & counter-attack: Doing the heavy attack (overhand swing) is too slow, so stick to light attacks by just tapping R2 and not holding it all the way down. Also, if you decide to block ----> grab (which I really hope you don't unless they have no more PKs), I've found it much easier to release R1 (block) then press L3 and L2 almost simultaneously instead of releasing R1, then pressing R3, then L2. Since L3 is sprint/powerwalk, this can actually move you a couple of steps closer, just in case someone swings and tries to back up out of grab range.

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Tommy is 10 strength. He got you on wake up from the pocket knife stun. 

Edit: had to crank my brightness up to see what was going on. 

That heavy attack coming out of the pocket knife stun was plenty on its own depending on perks. I have a perk build to one hit demask any Jason from full health. But between that and the shotgun, perks didn't matter. Best to slash or knife in that situation.

It was such bullshit they allow for de mask hits to be counted right out of stun. It such a cheap shot!!! 

4 hours ago, shady said:

I like throwing knives from a distance as well and it works really well for me. I’m a pretty good knife thrower.... but sometimes it doesn’t always work if they have loads of spray or they  know you’re throwing knives and they block it with their weapon or they dodge it. I was planning on morphing away to collect throwing knives after I took their pocket knives. And I was going to plan my next attack of either a grab or slash depending on how my throwing knife plan worked. But I couldn’t due to tommy cheap shotting me. I guess next time there’s a kill squad I’ll collect a fuck load of knives, try to cripple em from a distance and come in with a shift slash, then combat stance block if they try hitting me, block hit, get out of block, slash again. Boom they’re dead. Might not be as easy as I described it but my playbook for these Jason killers is now gonna be improved thanks to everyone’s help. 

Preventing the kill for Jason is much harder then it is for counselors to kill Jason. That’s the exact opposite of how it really should be killing a psychopath killer. The odds should be more in Jason’s favor then the counselors but not anything too out of balance... 

9 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It was such bullshit they allow for de mask hits to be counted right out of stun. It such a cheap shot!!! 

I like throwing knives from a distance as well and it works really well for me. I’m a pretty good knife thrower.... but sometimes it doesn’t always work if they have loads of spray or they  know you’re throwing knives and they block it with their weapon or they dodge it. I was planning on morphing away to collect throwing knives after I took their pocket knives. And I was going to plan my next attack of either a grab or slash depending on how my throwing knife plan worked. But I couldn’t due to tommy cheap shotting me. I guess next time there’s a kill squad I’ll collect a fuck load of knives, try to cripple em from a distance and come in with a shift slash, then combat stance block if they try hitting me, block hit, get out of block, slash again. Boom they’re dead. Might not be as easy as I described it but my playbook for these Jason killers is now gonna be improved thanks to everyone’s help. 

Preventing the kill for Jason is much harder then it is for counselors to kill Jason. That’s the exact opposite of how it really should be killing a psychopath killer. The odds should be more in Jason’s favor then the counselors but not anything too out of balance... 

I can't criticize the free-shot players because I've done it too. I've also had times where I was GOING to do it but apparently mis-timed it because I got grabbed before I could swing. That was kind of a surprise but nothing I could do about it. Lately I've been experimenting with using Buggzy with Thick Skin, Thrasher, and Slugger. I've got to be honest here, it makes de-masking Jason far easier than I would have ever thought it could be. One game we were on Packanack and I spawned at the lodge. Ran in, swapped baseball bat for the machete, then Jason shows up (4-seater spawned by the lodge). I took up an ambush position beside the back door, Jason breaks it and walks in. I swing, he gets hit, he turns and hits me, I hit him again and de-masked him instantly on the second hit from what I assume was full-health since it was less than a minute into the round.

It is absurdly easy to de-mask and kill Jason. If I could do it (and I absolutely suck as a counselor unless playing as Bunny Girl), anyone can do it. He either needs a BIG increase in his HP, or the weapons need a serious nerf.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I can't criticize the free-shot players because I've done it too. I've also had times where I was GOING to do it but apparently mis-timed it because I got grabbed before I could swing. That was kind of a surprise but nothing I could do about it. Lately I've been experimenting with using Buggzy with Thick Skin, Thrasher, and Slugger. I've got to be honest here, it makes de-masking Jason far easier than I would have ever thought it could be. One game we were on Packanack and I spawned at the lodge. Ran in, swapped baseball bat for the machete, then Jason shows up (4-seater spawned by the lodge). I took up an ambush position beside the back door, Jason breaks it and walks in. I swing, he gets hit, he turns and hits me, I hit him again and de-masked him instantly on the second hit from what I assume was full-health since it was less than a minute into the round.

It is absurdly easy to de-mask and kill Jason. If I could do it (and I absolutely suck as a counselor unless playing as Bunny Girl), anyone can do it. He either needs a BIG increase in his HP, or the weapons need a serious nerf.

I think about everyone is guilty of doing the free damage shots. I’ve done it before but sometimes just for fun I’ll try my best to de mask Jason alone with a low strength counselor, like my main Tiffany for more of a challenge. So I need all the damage I can get and if that means doing 1 cheap shot I might do it. However, if I So happen to be tommy and I’m going for the kill I’ll allow a fair fight and remember to try and not do any sort of cheap shots due to the fact of how much I absolutely hate that as Jason. It’s really on the devs to just fix it and make it so jason can’t take any damage for a few seconds after he gets out of stun so he can have time to block incoming attacks. 

The other night I actually experimented de masking Jason with buggzy as well. I just wanted to see how easy it really was. It’s really just too easy with him. So I assume bunny girl is ur main counselor? I love to repair and escape with her! 

I think HP is what Jason seriously needs. He should be able to take tons of damage. 

7 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think about everyone is guilty of doing the free damage shots. I’ve done it before but sometimes just for fun I’ll try my best to de mask Jason alone with a low strength counselor, like my main Tiffany for more of a challenge. So I need all the damage I can get and if that means doing 1 cheap shot I might do it. However, if I So happen to be tommy and I’m going for the kill I’ll allow a fair fight and remember to try and not do any sort of cheap shots due to the fact of how much I absolutely hate that as Jason. It’s really on the devs to just fix it and make it so jason can’t take any damage for a few seconds after he gets out of stun so he can have time to block incoming attacks. 

The other night I actually experimented de masking Jason with buggzy as well. I just wanted to see how easy it really was. It’s really just too easy with him. So I assume bunny girl is ur main counselor? I love to repair and escape with her! 

I think HP is what Jason seriously needs. He should be able to take tons of damage. 

Yes, she's usually my main. I've got about 24 or so vids of "Bunny Girls Revenge" where Jason kills her, she comes back as Tommy, and then kills him in return. It somehow seems to be more irritating for Jason upon finding out the guy who killed you was originally a bunny girl.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Not really. Most of them can be avoided. You have invincibility frames until your knife indicator lights up. From there you can go back into block. Even before the knife indicator lights up Jason can dodge a heavy attack from most stuns. 

Yes, she's usually my main. I've got about 24 or so vids of "Bunny Girls Revenge" where Jason kills her, she comes back as Tommy, and then kills him in return. It somehow seems to be more irritating for Jason upon finding out the guy who killed you was originally a bunny girl.

That’s because no one expects a Deborah to go kill Jason. I see and maybe other Jason’s see deb as the innocent repair girl. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Not really. Most of them can be avoided. You have invincibility frames until your knife indicator lights up. From there you can go back into block. Even before the knife indicator lights up Jason can dodge a heavy attack from most stuns. 

Obviously there isn’t any invincibility frames when u can hit Jason at the right time and de mask him/add damage to his health when he’s coming out of stun. You simply can’t get in block quick enough before they hit you first. I know how to dodge stuns. Dodging/preventing stuns is pretty easy if it isn’t a group/projectiles

That’s hilarious.

6 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

That’s because no one expects a Deborah to go kill Jason. I see and maybe other Jason’s see deb as the innocent repair girl. 

Obviously there isn’t any invincibility frames when u can hit Jason at the right time and de mask him/add damage to his health when he’s coming out of stun. You simply can’t get in block quick enough before they hit you first. I know how to dodge stuns. Dodging/preventing stuns is pretty easy if it isn’t a group/projectiles

Watch this at .25 speed and you will clearly see there are in fact invincibility frames. Otherwise my mask would have come off a hell of a lot sooner than it did

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Is there any confirmation they do indeed inflict damage?

If this is the case, it's a bad design choice. It encourages people to engage Jason in close quarters. It's "free damage" because you don't have to put work into inflicting the damage, like you do with melee attacks. In essence, Jason inflicts damage on himself because he's the one that grabs you, which triggers the pocket knife.

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Is there any confirmation they do indeed inflict damage?

If this is the case, it's a bad design choice. It encourages people to engage Jason in close quarters. It's "free damage" because you don't have to put work into inflicting the damage, like you do with melee attacks. In essence, Jason inflicts damage on himself because he's the one that grabs you, which triggers the pocket knife.

I'm sure they do. But not a lot. Seems like they do 5 damage but I'd have to check. I know firecrackers do 2 damage.