Thrasher

Unpopular Opinion: Friday the 13th the Game Edition

Yeah, we're doing one of these. I'll start.

Savini Jason's design sucks. I mean no disrespect to the guy, his work in the film industry was great. However, the overall design of Savini Jason? It gets a big ol' shrug from me. I don't like that he has his eye back, I don't like the big chunk of mask missing, I don't like that unmasked, Jason looks like an old man. I don't like that cartoonishly big pitchfork, surely a hell-like upgrade on his signature machete would've been better. It's a camp, polished depiction of a "hellish" Jason. Jason Part 9 looks way more "hellish" to me.

It is much easier to kill Jason then do anything else to "win" as a counselor. 

Adam is the best all around counselor in the game. 

So many counselors may as well not even be in the game. Its like half the weapons in the COD franchise.  Useless sacks of goober.   No speed, no stamina.  A high repair counselor works if you are lonewolfing against a bad Jason.  But if the team isn't working together or have no clue whats going on, they'll just hold on to the car keys are other crap and prevent your escape. 

Since the meta for counselors is to lock every single door yet leave all windows closed, my unpopular opinion is stop locking the fucking doors and open the godamn windows. Kthnx. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Since the meta for counselors is to lock every single door yet leave all windows closed, my unpopular opinion is stop locking the fucking doors and open the godamn windows. Kthnx. 

I have to agree... I never understood why no one opens windows... Pretty much everyone I see survive the night is literally because I opened every window on the map for them... and I locked all the doors that were wide open.
   There is zero time to open windows when you are being chased... and if they are not open, then you are crashing through them and wasting your med sprays when you are being chased. Do not just open them for yourself... open them for the team!!… and to get the smell of Mitch's whacky tobbacy out of there... But you should still lock the doors or Jason will just walk on in... I still see too many players that do not even bother closing the doors and Jason just shifts around and through the open door to make their life miserable.

9 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Friendship is the best perk hands down

Lol....    but do you actually run it?

4 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jenny is one of the best all round counselors...come at me

Part 6 is highly underrated

Come at you, ok... 💐, with flowers cause I agree. 

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

To true

Adam’s not bad, I’m not sure why I never gave him more of a shot. I do like teaming up with most Adam players. 

59 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Pretty much everyone I see survive the night is literally because I opened every window on the map for them... and I locked all the doors that were wide open.

Same, annoys the hell out of me too. 

Unpopular opinion, let’s see what do I think that’s probably unpopular, lol.

I think Roy is a bad ass Jason and Part 5 has one of the best plots out of the series. (The execution sucks but hey, what can you do.)

Wide trees are your best friends. Why bother cornering yourself in a cabin when you could hide behind a mighty tree that could 50/50 your chances of getting grabbed or slashed.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol....    but do you actually run it?

Lol hell no. I was totally kidding. It’s easily the worst perk 

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Lol hell no. I was totally kidding. It’s easily the worst perk 

It allows One hit de-mask with the right build, so maybe not completely useless.

45 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It allows One hit de-mask with the right build, so maybe not completely useless.

Tbh damage perks are going to be pointless until it is actually difficult to de mask Jason. I was able to de mask savini in only 5 hits with a machete with buggzy. And why use friendship when the damage it does is so little when u can use epic thrasher- 18% damage increase and legendary potent ranger- 20% damage with TJ.

Well there was a good conspiracy video that came out last year detailing the idea that Savini himself actually had little to no involvement with the design of Savini Jason and I believe it considering he looks nothing like the work Tom created in the original or Part 4 and there was never any post launch video detailing how Savini made him going back to kickstarter.

Even though I have no issue with the final design.

Hopefully the post won't be deleted as its merely opinion.

13 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Part 6 is highly underrated

This is mad true, Part 6 is very very underrated. His +Sense, +Shift, and +Throwing knives are real good at snagging counsellors.

8 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Well there was a good conspiracy video that came out last year detailing the idea that Savini himself actually had little to no involvement with the design of Savini Jason and I believe it considering he looks nothing like the work Tom created in the original or Part 4 and there was never any post launch video detailing how Savini made him going back to kickstarter.

Even though I have no issue with the final design.

Hopefully the post won't be deleted as its merely opinion.

Holy shit. I kinda believe it.

12 hours ago, SirMang said:

I think Fox is. She has pretty much the same stats as Adam, but she also has the benefit of grabbing the sweater.