7 hours ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

So what's your counter? I'm sure you have been in matches where Jason has helpers?

Be careful who you accuse of being a "helper". I had some asshole last night accuse me of cheating because I decided to let the last survivor live. It is NOT cheating or teaming if Jason arbitrarily allows somebody to survive or escape. The blame for actual teamers going un-punished can be laid directly at the feet of those who cry "Cheater/Teamer!" at anything that even remotely looks unfair.

The amount of cheaters on this game on Xbox is becoming almost unbearable. Multiple times a night, I find people cheating, abusing roof glitches, or getting on a rock near the water where no Jason can get to, etc. It's almost enough to make me quit playing, honestly. I love the game's premise, its atmosphere, and the dedication to recreating the experience. Truly admirable. But the amount of cheaters who go unpunished and ruin the experience is a hard pill to swallow, man.

4 hours ago, Blue Firebird said:

The amount of cheaters on this game on Xbox is becoming almost unbearable. Multiple times a night, I find people cheating, abusing roof glitches, or getting on a rock near the water where no Jason can get to, etc. It's almost enough to make me quit playing, honestly. I love the game's premise, its atmosphere, and the dedication to recreating the experience. Truly admirable. But the amount of cheaters who go unpunished and ruin the experience is a hard pill to swallow, man.

I have a suggestion just go to YouTube and do some searching. I can't post links here due to forum rules but there are counter measures for MOST of the glitches counselor players use.Not all of them mind you but the majority of them.Look up a guy named FoldingEnd his channel provides many F13 videos on how to counter many glitches.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I have a suggestion just go to YouTube and do some searching. I can't post links here due to forum rules but there are counter measures for MOST of the glitches counselor players use.Not all of them mind you but the majority of them.Look up a guy named FoldingEnd his channel provides many F13 videos on how to counter many glitches.

I may try that. The cheating is just ridiculous. Of all games, one like this one, with no competitive element to it, they're going to cheat. How spineless can you be, you know? But there's always someone who eschews skill or fun to cheat their way through games, or life in general.

The game is on life support. So bans are off the table. They can't afford to lose any players. So douchebags can get away with being douchebags.

What pisses me off the most is they won't fix any of the exploit glitches that these assholes keep using.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, Ste_Wolf said:

The game is on life support. So bans are off the table. They can't afford to lose any players. So douchebags can get away with being douchebags.

What pisses me off the most is they won't fix any of the exploit glitches that these assholes keep using.

That's sort of counter productive though, if they don't ban the glitchers, everyone will just stop playing anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AncientHoplite said:

That's sort of counter productive though, if they don't ban the glitchers, everyone will just stop playing anyway. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 7:44 PM, AncientHoplite said:

Or everyone becomes a glitcher.

I'll go on roofs every round as Jason just because I can.  Sit in stalk, spam sense until someone comes near me and start raining down throwing knives from the heavens.  It's funny to me.  I've been 150 for so long with the only thing left to do is play 1000 Jason matches, so I make my own fun.  

10 hours ago, SirMang said:

Or everyone becomes a glitcher.

I'll go on roofs every round as Jason just because I can.  Sit in stalk, spam sense until someone comes near me and start raining down throwing knives from the heavens.  It's funny to me.  I've been 150 for so long with the only thing left to do is play 1000 Jason matches, so I make my own fun.  

It sounds like a lot of people are in the same boat at level 150.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 12:44 AM, AncientHoplite said:

Or they could just fix the damn glitches so these idiots have nothing to exploit.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:03 PM, Sir Jack said:

Instantly breaking the grip over and over again.

Maybe it wasn't that common in the US server, but in EU we had huge issues with cheaters for months.

This. So much. There are dozens of mostly Russian players who populate the EU server and are using various speed hacks etc. They also often run in groups, they will fix the cars call the cops and just stay in the match making fun of Jason and let the timer runout. They will instantly break grab and if you start slashing they turn on speed and Speedy Gonzales away from you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I met some Russian player, I was chasing him as Jason in a big lodge, and then he hit me once and teleported like 40 meters away into the woods on a random location. Now was this a hack, or a weird lag coincidence? But truth to be told those Russians are so annoying they are literally ruining everybody's else's experience. Even just with voice-comms on the EU servers. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a match on the US server and there was normal communication, everybody spoke English.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, abx said:

Today I met some Russian player, I was chasing him as Jason in a big lodge, and then he hit me once and teleported like 40 meters away into the woods on a random location. Now was this a hack, or a weird lag coincidence? But truth to be told those Russians are so annoying they are literally ruining everybody's else's experience. Even just with voice-comms on the EU servers. Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a match on the US server and there was normal communication, everybody spoke English.

That was a clear speedhack. They did not teleport, they just moved so fast it looked like teleporting. I see it almost every day, Eastern EU players, mostly playing Vanessas and Deborahs, instantly breaking grab and speeding around the map. If they manage to play Jason, they are also able to instantly recharge all their abilities (cue nonstop VHS screen effect as Jason constantly shifts all around you).

I don't know man, I was in the big house chasing the guy, when he hit me, I, as Jason teleported like 40 meters away outside from the house. I think it was an area that I didn't traverse in order to reach the person inside, so it couldn't have been a lag setback, so pretty much he "catapulted" me to another location.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:25 AM, Survival said:

That was a clear speedhack. They did not teleport, they just moved so fast it looked like teleporting.

I don't agree. @abx said that he was teleported, not the counselor. I have seen several instances that when Jason captures a counselor and begins the kill, they're both teleported from inside the cabin and show up in a location outside to complete the animation (sometimes very far away). I just spectated one of theses instances the other night. When I get home from work tonight, I'll find the game footage on my PS4 and post it here to explain what I'm talking about. What @abx said happened to him here is almost the same thing I'm referring to, just the counselor didn't make the trip with Jason and it wasn't a kill scenario.

Edit:

Here's one I saved months ago, been happening for a while. This isn't the one I was referring to above, but you'll get the general idea:

Yes it was like that, except just as @Dragonfire82877 said, it wasn't a killing moment and only I was teleported when the counselor hit me with the baseball bat.

I was searching the forum for the words "sliding glitch" I think you guys know what I'm talking about, but didn't find any such phrase in the forum. So I was thinking Could it be that Gun Media could be unaware of several glitch exploits / hacks? And I thought we could compile a list of every known exploitation and forward it to them, so they will know about it, I guess just as they do with Jasonkillbugs.com, they will reach to us if they will need additional info. I submitted already many tickets to jasonkillbugs and I am very happy with their communication, and they are grateful for the info I send them. Sometimes I think I send them tickets about pretty known issues, and yet they seem surprised :) So idk, it sounds like a good idea to gather such info and send it to them, also youtube is full of video examples of such recorded exploits.

They cannot afford to lose any players, so they won't ban anyone. They won't even fix the glitches that cheaters exploit.

• Confused 1

as frustrating as it can be, just try not losing cool. When you notice some cheating going on, either use it as hard mode and play against all odds, or leave and find another lobby. Don't give them the attention that they don't deserve.

I had a match the other night where the killer laid down 2 traps by the phone. He morphed away and I tanked both of them. He came back after and laid another one and I ran over to tank that one and some how he appeared right there again after morphing away to car(believe someone tipped him off and he shifted back over). He landed a nice shift grab on me and killed me. But after was spectating and saw his buddy(the tipper) grab car part and hop in car. Jason could have stopped and killed him but left alone. Moments later that guy was mowing down every counselor he could find. His name was a troll name, so i should have figured such. A helping team, that was looking for salt. I gave them none and left immediately.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

They cannot afford to lose any players, so they won't ban anyone. They won't even fix the glitches that cheaters exploit.

People still get banned... there is a fresh and new "please unban me" thread in the steam community. Threads like this also show up here from time to time.

Banning someone takes actual proof and a number of reports that is undisclosed... not just one report. The hackers would be all gone from this game if everyone that saw them using their "hacks" sent a report in with "actual proof"... but many people believe they do nothing because they sent a report in on someone and see them the next day in game... so they don't send reports... Why someone would think the report is looked at instantly and a ban handed down moments after a report is sent is a question that baffles me. All tasks take time. 
   Not banning players for behavior like this leaves other players frustrated with the game and they abandon it, leaving the hacking trolls to frustrate more players to the point of putting the game down... So not banning players that cheat is a bad idea and will cost you far more players in the long run than banning the assholes... But they need to be reported... every time you or anyone else sees it happening... or they will not be banned. 

They have stated in the past that there will be no bans for roof glitchers… so flooding them with reports on roof glitching will get you no where... Hackers on the other hand... send the reports... or they will not be banned.
   Most glitches in this game are not game breaking... Jason can still get to you and kill you with all but a very few of them. Won't fix is a very cry from the truth... they have been trying, they just have not been successful with several of them.

26 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

as frustrating as it can be, just try not losing cool.

There are times this is easier said than done. I put the game down when I get frustrated, so I do not get even more frustrated and put it down for much longer periods of time.
   Last night was a good example... some time after you left... I had some idiot stunning me through every window I came to, right at the beginning of my second Jason game in a row. I did not want to play two games in a row as Jason and already REALLY needed a smoke. The nicotine fit sets in very quickly for me... and causes frustration levels to rise way too quickly... so I quit and went out for a smoke.
   This guy thought it was funny that I was getting annoyed with something that should never have been in the game... Typical trollish behavior... If ANYONE finds it funny to annoy others... then they are by definition, an asshole... but this is not bannable. People have the right to be assholes, and we have the right to not play with them. If we left all the assholes to play only with other assholes, most of them would move on to another game... Assholes do not like the behavior of other assholes when it is directed at them either... All of the assholes out there should stop and think about that one for a moment... but non of them will.

True, @ahab, these a$$holes ruin the gaming experience for everybody who is trying to play correctly. And at Gun Media, they indeed still ban people. They take this stuff seriously. I am in communication with Jasonkillbugs and they really seem to care and get into the issues. This is what an non-automated reply looks from them:

"
Hi there,  No worries, thanks for letting us know!  I have forwarded all of this information to the team so they can continue investigating what happened! In the future if you do see something odd, just send us over a clip of what happened, this will make it easier for the team to replicate it.  I appreciate your hard work reporting these to us!"

4 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Have you watched the last episode of Gun Media's stream Beyond? They are working hard to fix the roof/slingshot glitch and while researching it they uncovered a plethora of other exploitable issues within this glitch "mechanic". They say, and kinda guarantee that the roof/slingshot patch will be in our hands by early next week.

4 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Fixing some of these glitches seems to be taking an eternity. Let's hope it proves to be worth the wait.

People are being banned, but we may not be aware of who or when, especially if they don't make a big commotion about it.

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

as frustrating as it can be, just try not losing cool. When you notice some cheating going on, either use it as hard mode and play against all odds, or leave and find another lobby. Don't give them the attention that they don't deserve.

Starve the trolls of the attention they hunger for, and their numbers will gradually drop.

26 minutes ago, abx said:

Have you watched the last episode of Gun Media's stream Beyond? They are working hard to fix the roof/slingshot glitch and while researching it they uncovered a plethora of other exploitable issues within this glitch "mechanic". They say, and kinda guarantee that the roof/slingshot patch will be in our hands by early next week.

Let's hope that the fix doesn't break something else.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Fixing some of these glitches seems to be taking an eternity. Let's hope it proves to be worth the wait.

People are being banned, but we may not be aware of who or when, especially if they don't make a big commotion about it.

Starve the trolls of the attention they hunger for, and their numbers will gradually drop.

Let's hope that the fix doesn't break something else.

Yeah, actually they said they have to make sure that the patch doesn't break any other issues, that's why it takes a lot of time to test. However I think, they could put it live, for the community to test, as for example Dead By Daylight has the Playable Test Beta version of the game where the community can try the new patches and changes / experiments before they go officially live.

5 minutes ago, abx said:

Yeah, actually they said they have to make sure that the patch doesn't break any other issues, that's why it takes a lot of time to test. However I think, they could put it live, for the community to test, as for example Dead By Daylight has the Playable Test Beta version of the game where the community can try the new patches and changes / experiments before they go officially live.

It would have been nice if this had been an option in the beginning. It could have saved this community a lot of pain and suffering.