Wig

Post Rage change update thoughts

On 4/25/2019 at 5:45 AM, Wig said:

But is letting him run towards you then running away right as he grabs any different? This is obviously just just one of the ways you can ‘subtly troll’ him.

If you stand still at close range, you're getting jabbed with a quick-toss throwing knife. Problem solved.

I think playing repair characters now is pretty pointless.

Tell that to all the AJ's, Debs, and LaChappas running to the cops or driving off in your cars/boat. Ironically, after the patch came out all I heard was "There's no point playing as high-strength counselors anymore!". 

I play as Vanessa and I fix as Vanessa.

That is a horrible mistake on your part. Vanessa will never consistently repair anything without alerting Jason. When you try to repair with a counselor that is obviously not suited for it, all you're doing is making shit harder on yourself and everyone else. If I'm playing Bunny Girl (which I do 95% of the time) and I'm following a Vanessa or Bugzy to the boat/phone/car and instead of giving the part to me they start doing the repair themselves, I bolt because I know they're going to fuck up at least once and with my luck Jason's Morph will be online which means he'll be there in about 3 seconds.

No matter how you feel about the Rage buff, there is no denying it has done more than just solve problems "on the surface". More counselors are escaping now that at any point in this games history. The pinata parties have been nearly eliminated because players know they can't chain-stun Jason for 20 minutes anymore. When the cops get called, most people now run for it as soon as they show up. That Rage buff has greatly improved things for BOTH sides. 

11 hours ago, Wig said:

I couldn't figure out how to quote sections on my phone, but think I've got it sorted now! It's very true that what one person finds fun, another doesn't; I guess a balance must be found within limits of how the creators designed the game to be played (i.e. no trolling). 

This is also true, but I still think there's a very big aspect of skill/experience involved. A new Jason is very easy to troll, I've yet to see a good Jason allow himself to be trolled. When I play counsellor, I end up surviving the night almost every game, unless I escape. This is relatively easy to do against a lower level Jason, much harder and more challenging (but also more fun!), against an experienced player. I've been called awful names in game chat and rage-quit on without provocation so many times, simply because Jason couldn't kill me and I wouldn't willingly surrender (I don't want to be rude, but this almost only happens with kids).

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading everyones opinions. I understand and appreciate why Rage happened. I want the same end goal, I just feel it would be much better achieved a different way!

Stopping trolling entirely will never happen. For ever chance that is implemented, those with the intention to troll will always find a way.

While the skill level of a Jason player should always be considered, trolling is triggered more by one's mindset. If someone can get in your head, then they can troll you, regardless of your age. I've seen a handful of good adult Jason players lose their focus and get trolled after being provoked by a player. I've also seen children who don't let anyone get inside their head.

Just about everyone here wants the same end goal. We just won't all agree on the way to get there.

9 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I really think a lot of issues are there is no level matching system.If there were a way to  match people by their levels I think would help.A level 1 should  never be in a lobby full of 150's.It's just discouraging especially if they are Jason.Most people show no mercy and will set out to kill a low level Jason and that is a huge problem.It would make me NEVER to want to play the game again, online at least.

A level matching system could be ideal, but the one thing that would work against it would be players who are supposedly at level 1 playing like they are 150. You can count on trolls doing that eventually.

someone mentioned a while back about an idea that the final counselour left, (aka final girl), should have some sort of boost if they are alone, and NOT tommy jarvis considering his clear power. I always kept thinking about this idea, what do you guys think? i think even a small boost to their Composure and no other stats would fit the bill.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:41 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I really think a lot of issues are there is no level matching system.If there were a way to  match people by their levels I think would help.A level 1 should  never be in a lobby full of 150's.It's just discouraging especially if they are Jason.Most people show no mercy and will set out to kill a low level Jason and that is a huge problem.It would make me NEVER to want to play the game again, online at least.

But what's going to stop people from creating a new account to troll the low level lobbies?

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

But what's going to stop people from creating a new account to troll the low level lobbies?

Nothing but if you're that desperate to get your jollies to start completely over there is no hope for you.LOL

2 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Nothing but if you're that desperate to get your jollies to start completely over there is no hope for you.LOL

Just asking since I have a level 18 account with epic marathon, epic medic, and 18% epic thick skin. I restarted for the fun of it. It's nice to earn badges, level up, and get trophies again. It's so much fun.

@HaHaTrumpWon what servers do you play on? I’m guessing it’s not EU...

i mean unless I’m just super unlucky, this must be a regional thing. 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:14 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

When you try to repair with a counselor that is obviously not suited for it, all you're doing is making shit harder on yourself and everyone else.

The only reasons I do repair are that if I don’t nobody else will. Jason doesn’t usually morph, even if I mess up the phone fuse. Probably something to do with the fact almost all lobbies I’m in are level 0-30. Of course I try to get good repair counsellors to do it, drop parts for them or leave them at objectives. But this only sometimes works. The amount of times I’ve dropped the phone fuse for someone, only for them to do nothing with it and then die is unreal.

I’m not saying that you can’t have a decent game with low level players, but most of the ones I come across seem to have no idea what they’re doing... I’ll find them all locked in the bathroom ‘hiding’... like come on guys, maybe come out and try to actually do something!

On 4/27/2019 at 9:14 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

it has done more than just solve problems "on the surface". More counselors are escaping now that at any point in this games history

Well I’m glad that it’s had these positive outcomes in your, and many others experiences; I’d love to agree but it just hasn’t been like that for me unfortunately. It seems like Rage has been a lot more positive a change for people than I knew.  

On 4/27/2019 at 9:31 PM, Fair Play said:

Just about everyone here wants the same end goal. We just won't all agree on the way to get there.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:41 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Hopefully we’ll all find some common ground. 

It’s a real shame I don’t get to play games with people like yourselves- I know everyone has to learn, but I think the amount of games I’ve played where literally nobody does anything has skewered my experience. I always have hope things will improve though!

8 hours ago, Wig said:

@HaHaTrumpWon what servers do you play on? I’m guessing it’s not EU...

i mean unless I’m just super unlucky, this must be a regional thing. 

The only reasons I do repair are that if I don’t nobody else will. Jason doesn’t usually morph, even if I mess up the phone fuse. Probably something to do with the fact almost all lobbies I’m in are level 0-30. Of course I try to get good repair counsellors to do it, drop parts for them or leave them at objectives. But this only sometimes works. The amount of times I’ve dropped the phone fuse for someone, only for them to do nothing with it and then die is unreal.

I’m not saying that you can’t have a decent game with low level players, but most of the ones I come across seem to have no idea what they’re doing... I’ll find them all locked in the bathroom ‘hiding’... like come on guys, maybe come out and try to actually do something!

Well I’m glad that it’s had these positive outcomes in your, and many others experiences; I’d love to agree but it just hasn’t been like that for me unfortunately. It seems like Rage has been a lot more positive a change for people than I knew.  

It’s a real shame I don’t get to play games with people like yourselves- I know everyone has to learn, but I think the amount of games I’ve played where literally nobody does anything has skewered my experience. I always have hope things will improve though!

If you're on PS4, add me and we'll play sometime: HaHaTrumpWon

8 hours ago, Wig said:

Common ground can be found when people look beyond just what they want, and put themselves in the shoes of others.

23 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Common ground can be found when people look beyond just what they want, and put themselves in the shoes of others.

Pure wisdom right here.

well said play, well said

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Pure wisdom right here.

well said play, well said

I'm just doing my part to help out.

14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Very true. 

I think you brought up several excellent points on the Post Rage Jason and his abilities.  Before Jason goes into Rage Mode, counselors can spend several minutes evading him through windows and behind barred doors.  I also agree experienced players will inevitably troll Jason if they think they have the advantage over him.  The way the game is set up, Jason gets more powerful with time and escape is ever more difficult as counselors die and traps are set.  I believe the game designers followed the spirit of the movie with one glaring exception:  as the movies progressed, the counselors tended to get more creative to escape him.  Case in point...Chris in Part 3.  Tommy in Part 6 had a plan which worked (I won't go into the psychic power girl in Part 7), but the rest relied on keeping ahead of Jason and stalling him as much as possible.  I would think the longer the chase took, the more Jason would get frustrated.  Hence, Rage Mode.

On 4/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Just asking since I have a level 18 account with epic marathon, epic medic, and 18% epic thick skin. I restarted for the fun of it. It's nice to earn badges, level up, and get trophies again. It's so much fun.

I have an account set aside for guests, as there are still people I know who like this game, but don't want to commit to buying it.

Since patch, Jason is even easier to kill now than he was prior to it. 

Either a. people will rush the entire kill process and kill him way before he gets rage.  You can easily kill Jason before the 5 minute mark.  Or b. people will group up in rage and just beat on him, sweater and Tommy will stay a little back but Tommy will sometimes enter the fray because of his 10 strength.  Since there is no stun once Jason is in rage anymore, every single weapon on the map is now a damage weapon.  A 10 second group of fest on Jason, even if no one touched him up til that point, and his mask is off.  Put Buggzy in that group with an axe and thrasher and your mask is off in 1 hit. 

The rage buff has done absolutely nothing to help Jason, in fact I think it's made it even more difficult for him.  In the process it's also relegated high luck characters, like Chad, completely useless.  He picks up a bat, he can now hit Jason 8 times with it, well you best not be hitting Jason with a baseball bat 8 times, you're just gonna throw him in rage faster.