Jump to content
Wig

Post Rage change update thoughts

Recommended Posts

(Note: when I write 'Rage' I am referring to the new rage mode. Also I know this post is long but please read through to the end because I didn't write in the most logical order and clarify some things later on)

Dear Gun Media, please rework the rage update.

I know that Jason is meant to be feared and you felt the game had the wrong sort of feeling- counsellors keeping on stunning Jason just for the sake of it, trolling him etc. I have two main thoughts in regards to the update: 1. Does it actually solve the problem and 2. The negative it may create

 

1.

The fact that he can’t be stunned in rage solves the problem at a surface level. People can't look at the game and think ‘haha this game is a total joke, look at Jason who is meant to be feared getting continuously trolled’ when he kept getting stunned with no payback.

Matt and Wes were talking about how players have got familiar with the parameters of the game- hitbox, grab range, timings etc. which allowed them to troll Jason by continuously stunning him. Now although you obviously can’t stun him with a melee weapon after rage (unless you get the mask off), you can still use knowledge of the above to troll him in other ways. It doesn’t look as bad on the surface because he isn’t continuously falling down to the ground and all that.

But is letting him run towards you then running away right as he grabs any different? This is obviously just just one of the ways you can ‘subtly troll’ him. Once you understand the limitations of Jason there are multiple ways in which you can do it. A good Jason should be able to easily deal with it but, in my experience, most can’t. Dancing at the exit instead of escaping with the police still happens. Driving around in the car just to annoy Jason instead of escaping still happens. Basically counsellors aren’t acting scared- as you would in real life if Jason was actually after you. But this is a game after all...

An unskilled (i.e. "bad") Jason will never be feared. You can still 'troll' him in rage.

 

2.

Obviously your goal is to escape (hopefully before rage) but this may not be possible, especially against a good Jason.

I think playing repair characters now is pretty pointless. I play as Vanessa and I fix as Vanessa. You’d hope fast players bring items to objectives for repair characters to fix. Honestly I never see this happening. Sometimes someone will just pick up a part and run around with it the whole game... I don’t even think they do it on purpose they just don’t understand the game. As a repair character you’re slower so searching for parts will take much longer. The time it takes for me to find parts and install them as Vanessa is much faster as an average (obviously luck plays into it depending on where you spawn).

Anyhow, thinking about gameplay after escaping is not a feasible option: speed and stamina are your only real friends. Luck doesn’t matter, strength doesn’t matter, nothing else really matters. You can’t stealth it out, after Rage Jason will find you. You can’t hide, even an inexperienced player will find you eventually.  

So running away from him is the only guaranteed way to survive- and it works for me almost every game. Before Rage, even as a slow counsellor you had a chance to get away as you could try stun him. I don’t play as any other character because it’s such a disadvantage now.

 

A conclusion I guess:

People can still troll- it might not look the same but the mindset behind it is. Why do people troll? Because the opponent can be trolled.  When I was new did people troll me when I was Jason? Yes. Did I soon become a better, smarter player? Yes. Do I ever get trolled now? No.

I know people who are much better Jasons than me, and even I got full lobbies practically every game before Rage. I honestly just found it too easy 9/10 times to kill everyone. Rarely I’d come across skilled counsellors who challenged me and I loved that!

Inexperienced Jason + experienced counsellors = trolling. This equation is what seems to have created most of the problems that led to Rage. This is why many multiplayer games have a rank/level based matchmaking system. I understand this isn’t feasible in Friday 13th. But Rage is not the solution in my opinion. Yes, changes needed to be done. I don’t know much about creating games, but surely the end goal that Gun envisioned can be reached in another way. I have many ideas. The fact Jason can now swing at multiple counsellors is a small change, but a very good start.

Mainly though, new players can’t expect to be the best Jason and kill every counsellor, especially if they’re more experienced. Every game has a learning curve, offline bots is your best friend to get familiar with Jason. Then you play real matches to see, and begin to understand how people think, and act accordingly.

 

To end: I love Friday 13th

 

There’s a real art to this game, especially in regards to Jason. It requires a certain level intelligence paired with experience. This doesn’t mean it isn’t accessible to all - it just takes time! I think everyone is capable of being good, certainly good enough to get full lobbies before Rage. As the loading screen says “think outside the box, a direct approach may not always be best”. Good usage of stalk is just so sexy. Friday 13th let you be good with style. Now I feel an aspect of that is gone. (Also I honestly think a lot of people complaining were underage and well, there’s a reason the game is 18+. Not even just because of the nature but the intellectual capacity it requires...)

When I first played, I was beyond impressed by the amount of work that was put in to making this game (and I still am!). As a fan of the movies, the attention to detail is amazing; I mean right down to the draws, let alone bigger things. I won't begin to list because it’s all equally perfect. It’s not just a couple things, like the beach at crystal lake, the barn at Higgins Haven or Jarvis house. It’s everything, it’s the whole game.

Thank you Gun media for making this truly beautiful game.

It’s the sole reason I got a PS4 and the only thing I played for months. I waited to write this as I wanted to see how Rage would grow on me. At first I pretended I liked it because of how much I love the game, but unfortunately I’ve found I’ve been playing less and less, as have friends I used to play with.

I’m not the best at being succinct but I think this gets my thoughts across as best as possible. I don’t know how the majority of players feel, hence I would love to hear your thoughts! On reddit any mention of not liking Rage seems to be met with contempt, but I certainly know many people who feel the same as I do so maybe we’re not in fact a minority...

Anyway, thanks for reading!

 
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forums!! Very good thread you started. You will belong well here, you seem like a nice person who is willing to discuss things in an intelligent way. With the rage mode update, personally while I do like it because it was a bit unbalanced before and Jason was simply too weak. But to take out stuns completely in rage (minus shotguns and de mask) I’ve thought was a bit too far. In my opinion I think Tommy Jarvis, Final Girl, flares, and fireworks should definitely all be able to stun Jason in rage. I also am a huge fan of combat in the game. I have so much fun fighting Jason as counselor and I love when people wanna square up and fight me when I’m jason. (Except groups) still having a little bit of combat left in the game with rage mode would make for more exciting endings to the game. When did the final girl in the movie never put up a fight against Jason? That’s my argument for it..... Jason got his ass knocked around and taunted at times (by tommy) in the movies. So making the stunning exclusive to tommy and final girl in rage mode is what needs done. 

As far as people trolling Jason I simply think if they tried to make Jason more scary it’d help a lot. I really want them to nerf Jason’s sense ability and give Jason special abilities to climb through windows, grab through windows, if someone circles around a table allow Jason to throw the table out of the way, buff stalk, don’t show Jason’s location on mini map, etc I think with these changes people would think of Jason as more of a threat. People would probably start more stealthy techniques to avoid Jason and counselors would actually be able to use running and hiding as a technique. Hiding out in the wide open in the woods would be pretty cool when Jason is walking around in the area trying to find you. 

When I say nerf sense: I mean make it so jason can’t constantly spam it, have it last a shorter amount of time, and for regeneration time to be reduced. This way jason can have the ability to see where they are a but he can only see for so long before he has to find them himself in that approximate location. This very could potentially change people’s play styles to go from trolling Jason to actually running away, hiding, and using more stealthy techniques. Regardless, there would still be people trolling him, but they’d have a much more difficult time trying to make Jason look like a bitch. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!

I definitely agree that it was a bit unbalanced before and yes, the new Rage is taking it too far. I think Tommy should definitely be able to do something- he is the hero after all and ‘killed’ Jason when he was just a boy! As did the final girl.

I would love to see more combat! If they rework combat mode, it could bring in a new dynamic in the form of stand offs after rage. Perhaps Jason could be potentially stunned when heavy attacked- which would actually make a lot of sense I think. 

You have some really interesting ideas! The fact we can’t have any new content does makes it hard as, what exactly would be considered new content? If as part of a new rage, like you say, Jason could go through windows etc., would that be consisted just reworking existing content or something new. 

I’d love if we could test out all these possible changes to see how it’d work. Nerfing sense and thus allowing counsellors to actually be able to hide would be really cool, and definitely bring a new style of gameplay. One of my first ideas was to make a new ‘super rage’ that would activate when he was hit multiple times in a short space of time; even if he was already stunned because that is typical troll behaviour- there should be some consequences to continuing to hit him. That would probably be classed as new content though.

But thanks for sharing your thoughts! I wonder what Gun are thinking and what kind of changes they’d consider..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd disagree.

Counselors need a rework too to make more stats worthwhile, but the rage update was an acknowledgement (finally) of how poorly they've nerfed Jason since launch. Rage itself before this update was a joke 'buff' for Jason. Quicker cooldowns and a door busting mechanic that left Jason completely vulnerable to stun to the point where Jason's would rather combat stance the door so they have a chance to avoid being stunned rather than raging the door only to be stunned. Something wrong with that picture when the lesser ability is preferred than the more powerful one.

Rage makes Jason feel a little more powerful now. For instance when a counselor runs for a window, you can now actually shift rage through a door and they can't hide behind a guaranteed stun anymore (outside of a well placed and earned beartrap) so now it feels more powerful in that sense. Also now when multiple counselors try to beat on him or bully him, it works to their disadvantage because rage will happen sooner.

Jason is still incredibly weak up close pre rage. He can still be killed rather easily if the lobby is intent on doing so. Rage or no rage Jason's only real chance in the kill scenario is if the lobby is mostly dead outside of the final 2 or 3. So in that area, between the Jarvis call being too easy and Jason not being able to pick his mask up and blocking attacks only being a temporary band aid against kill squads. Jason is still quite weak.

If anything, Jason needed more early game buffs. On small maps (kill/troll types favorites), Jason should either get his abilities much quicker or have them to start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some things like the fact Jason can’t be stunned after he rages through a door should definitely be kept, as this was a big problem. 

I don’t agree with you entirely though, I just think Rage needs to be reworked. Yes if multiple counsellors beat him up he gets Rage faster, but this doesn’t seem to stop them. Before Rage I found I easy to kill every single counsellor. Some things are just an issue of not enough experience, whilst others are due to Jason being too weak in some aspects. 

I think counsellors are at an advantage on small maps, not sure to what extent, but it is definitely easier to get objectives done faster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've kept special abilities for counselor from back in beta.

One of the causalities of a rushed launch.

I also would've made it so counselors could only perform certain tasks. It would've created more of a class system than a tier system so lobbies wouldn't be so eager to keep clones of meta counselors. Allowing the meta counselors to perform every task made other counselors less important.

For instance, if Vanessa could not repair or wear the sweater. Here only real use would be distraction.

Imagine a 3 strength/weakness system for the counselors just like Jason? Would've made counselor play much more compelling.

I'll copy/paste an old post of mine for the ideas.

I always felt lower composure should've come with a falling mechanic on top of the tripping mechanic. Anything below a 5 would cause more tripping and falling. In almost every slasher, some form of falling to the ground has occurred.

In terms of repair. As controversial as it is because they designed the game with the intention that any counselor can do anything. They should've rendered certain mechanics not doable for certain counselors, which would've really forced more of a team aspect to the game instead of certain counselors being allowed to solo dolo their way around.

I've always felt the planned special abilities from beta should've been kept, even with the potential danger of creating even more tier systems.

You could've even designed the same system they used for Jason on Counselor with 3 strength and 3 weaknesses and just remove the pointless perk system all together.

Just a couple examples

Bugsy

Strengths

+ More HP = Bugsy can take more damage being an athlete and all, say 6 swings before limp

+ Strength = Can Stun Jason more due to his strength

+ Speed = Think of it in terms of the current stat pool, he would be 10/10 speed, anyone without this as a strength would be at 5 default

Weaknesses

- Repairs (Any) = He can't repair whatsoever

- Stealth = He always carries sound blimps even when not moving

- Composure = He always trips and falls if too close to Jason, he lights up red from matchstart when Jason uses Sense

Vanessa

+ Stamina = Think of it in terms of the stat pool, she has 10/10 Stamina, anyone without this as a strength would be at 5 default and 3 as a weakness

+ Speed = See Bugsy

+ Luck = Lucked based scenarios are better

Weaknesses

- Less HP = Jason can kill her easily with melee swings, say 3 unless they heal

- Repairs (Any) = See Bugsy

- Heroic = She can't wear the sweater to kill Jason

Adam

Strengths

+ Repair (Cars/Boats) = Adam can quickly repair cars/boats, think 10/10

+ Strength = See Bugsy

+ Composure = Doesn't trip or fall around Jason when up close

Weaknesses

- Repairs (Tech) = Can't fix the phone

- Stamina = Think 3/10

- Stealth = See Bugsy

AJ

Strengths

+ Stealth = 10/10 Stealth, her sound blimps absolutely never appear regardless of her movement state

+ Composure = See Adam

+ Fear = When Jason uses Sense, anyone with Fear as a strength will only show off a cloud of where they might be, but not the exact location, even when Jason has rage

Weaknesses

- Speed = 3/10

- Stamina = 3/10

- Repair (Cars/Boats) = She can't fix cars/boats, but she can fix the phone and call the cops

ETC

Any counselor with neutral sort of strengths would be base 5/10, any counselor who has a certain type of repair as a weakness can't repair at all. So for those with Repair (Any), they can't call the cops/fix the phone or fix the car/boats. For those with the specific repair weaknesses, they can't repair those but can repair the other. A new stat like heroic would allow anyone who doesn't have it as a weakness to be potentially a sweater wearer and anyone who has it as a strength would have additional strengths.

You could see how detailed such a 3 strength/weakness counselor stat pool could be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wig said:

Thank you!

I definitely agree that it was a bit unbalanced before and yes, the new Rage is taking it too far. I think Tommy should definitely be able to do something- he is the hero after all and ‘killed’ Jason when he was just a boy! As did the final girl.

I would love to see more combat! If they rework combat mode, it could bring in a new dynamic in the form of stand offs after rage. Perhaps Jason could be potentially stunned when heavy attacked- which would actually make a lot of sense I think. 

You have some really interesting ideas! The fact we can’t have any new content does makes it hard as, what exactly would be considered new content? If as part of a new rage, like you say, Jason could go through windows etc., would that be consisted just reworking existing content or something new. 

I’d love if we could test out all these possible changes to see how it’d work. Nerfing sense and thus allowing counsellors to actually be able to hide would be really cool, and definitely bring a new style of gameplay. One of my first ideas was to make a new ‘super rage’ that would activate when he was hit multiple times in a short space of time; even if he was already stunned because that is typical troll behaviour- there should be some consequences to continuing to hit him. That would probably be classed as new content though.

But thanks for sharing your thoughts! I wonder what Gun are thinking and what kind of changes they’d consider..

 

Thank you, I’m glad you like my ideas. As far as these ideas counting as new content, I would think not? I mean really they’d just be giving Jason special abilities to do certain things with objects that already exist in the game. They aren’t adding in a new counselor, new Jason, new map (these are things I count as new content) 

Im really not sure what gun has planned for the game at this point but I really hope they’d consider some of our ideas we have on this forum and with the next patch add in some different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wig said:

Also I honestly think a lot of people complaining were underage and well, there’s a reason the game is 18+. Not even just because of the nature but the intellectual capacity it requires.

Welcome to camp

There’s nothing wrong with expressing a negative opinion of the rage buff. (Just how you express it)

The quote above though I do have issue with, but you’re new and you seem like you’re willing to learn so I am going to politely ask you to not do that in future posts. It isn’t true and it’s a backhanded attack that’s undeserved. I get you’re from the reddit and they’ve taken to parroting our arguments but most of us here are willing to talk about any ideas you have. Let’s do that instead of throwing insults at randoms.

To the thread in general

Mostly when I try to be polite like this it fails and I end up having a stupid argument anyway but clearly I’m trying guys, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Welcome to camp

There’s nothing wrong with expressing a negative opinion of the rage buff. (Just how you express it)

The quote above though I do have issue with, but you’re new and you seem like you’re willing to learn so I am going to politely ask you to not do that in future posts. It isn’t true and it’s a backhanded attack that’s undeserved. I get you’re from the reddit and they’ve taken to parroting our arguments but most of us here are willing to talk about any ideas you have. Let’s do that instead of throwing insults at randoms.

To the thread in general

Mostly when I try to be polite like this it fails and I end up having a stupid argument anyway but clearly I’m trying guys, lol.

I apologise, and I understand. I got that impression from when I was playing (I’d come across a lot of kids in gamechat complaining), but either way I definitely shouldn’t have phrased it like that and I know people have mature points that aren’t just “Jason sucks!!!”. So again, I’m sorry. I appreciate everyone’s opinions and like hearing people explain their point of view- which seems to be something that actually happens here, unlike the subreddit which I’ve become too used to!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I would've kept special abilities for counselor from back in beta.

One of the causalities of a rushed launch.

I also would've made it so counselors could only perform tasks. It would've created more of a class system than a tier system so lobbies wouldn't be so eager to keep clones of meta counselors. Allowing the meta counselors to perform every task made other counselors less important.

For instance, if Vanessa could not repair or wear the sweater. Here only real use would be distraction.

Imagine a 3 strength/weakness system for the counselors just like Jason? Would've made counselor play much more compelling.

I'll copy/paste an old post of mine for the ideas.

I always felt lower composure should've come with a falling mechanic on top of the tripping mechanic. Anything below a 5 would cause more tripping and falling. In almost every slasher, some form of falling to the ground has occurred.

In terms of repair. As controversial as it is because they designed the game with the intention that any counselor can do anything. They should've rendered certain mechanics not doable for certain counselors, which would've really forced more of a team aspect to the game instead of certain counselors being allowed to solo dolo their way around.

I've always felt the planned special abilities from beta should've been kept, even with the potential danger of creating even more tier systems.

You could've even designed the same system they used for Jason on Counselor with 3 strength and 3 weaknesses and just remove the pointless perk system all together.

Just a couple examples

Bugsy

Strengths

+ More HP = Bugsy can take more damage being an athlete and all, say 6 swings before limp

+ Strength = Can Stun Jason more due to his strength

+ Speed = Think of it in terms of the current stat pool, he would be 10/10 speed, anyone without this as a strength would be at 5 default

Weaknesses

- Repairs (Any) = He can't repair whatsoever

- Stealth = He always carries sound blimps even when not moving

- Composure = He always trips and falls if too close to Jason, he lights up red from matchstart when Jason uses Sense

Vanessa

+ Stamina = Think of it in terms of the stat pool, she has 10/10 Stamina, anyone without this as a strength would be at 5 default and 3 as a weakness

+ Speed = See Bugsy

+ Luck = Lucked based scenarios are better

Weaknesses

- Less HP = Jason can kill her easily with melee swings, say 3 unless they heal

- Repairs (Any) = See Bugsy

- Heroic = She can't wear the sweater to kill Jason

Adam

Strengths

+ Repair (Cars/Boats) = Adam can quickly repair cars/boats, think 10/10

+ Strength = See Bugsy

+ Composure = Doesn't trip or fall around Jason when up close

Weaknesses

- Repairs (Tech) = Can't fix the phone

- Stamina = Think 3/10

- Stealth = See Bugsy

AJ

Strengths

+ Stealth = 10/10 Stealth, her sound blimps absolutely never appear regardless of her movement state

+ Composure = See Adam

+ Fear = When Jason uses Sense, anyone with Fear as a strength will only show off a cloud of where they might be, but not the exact location, even when Jason has rage

Weaknesses

- Speed = 3/10

- Stamina = 3/10

- Repair (Cars/Boats) = She can't fix cars/boats, but she can fix the phone and call the cops

ETC

Any counselor with neutral sort of strengths would be base 5/10, any counselor who has a certain type of repair as a weakness can't repair at all. So for those with Repair (Any), they can't call the cops/fix the phone or fix the car/boats. For those with the specific repair weaknesses, they can't repair those but can repair the other. A new stat like heroic would allow anyone who doesn't have it as a weakness to be potentially a sweater wearer and anyone who has it as a strength would have additional strengths.

You could see how detailed such a 3 strength/weakness counselor stat pool could be.

 

This was a very interesting read, especially since I never played at beta. Thanks for sharing. I think it would’ve been good too,  certainly would’ve made gameplay/style quite different. Obviously it takes much longer but I find it easy to repair without alerting Jason with Tiffany, which is silly considering she’s a 1! Unfortunately it seems like changes such as this can never happen, even if it was in.the game before..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Thank you, I’m glad you like my ideas. As far as these ideas counting as new content, I would think not? I mean really they’d just be giving Jason special abilities to do certain things with objects that already exist in the game. They aren’t adding in a new counselor, new Jason, new map (these are things I count as new content) 

Im really not sure what gun has planned for the game at this point but I really hope they’d consider some of our ideas we have on this forum and with the next patch add in some different things.

It would be good to get some more clarification from Gun, but from watching the streams I think I remember them saying that any new animation would be considered new content. Hopefully they are at least considering some Rage related changes, I’d love to hear what they’re currently thinking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wig, welcome to the forums. You have put quite a bit of thought into your topic. Could you watch the back to back posts when you respond to people, and the quoting of really long posts as well? Let's break down your post, as you've put a lot of interesting things to consider.

1. The changes to Jason being stunned

Jason getting smacked around continuously was very disrespectful to the memory of what we've all come to know him as: an almost  unstoppable killing machine. The changes were made with good intentions. While the patch wasn't perfect, the developers are likely taking feedback and making changes after careful consideration. There were people who didn't like the changes at first, and have since then changed their minds after trying them out for a while. There are those who adapted, regardless of their like or dislike of the changes.

Trolling doesn't always require stunning, and stunning does not always prove an intention to troll. It's all in the perspective of each and every player on how one decides to play.

Running to and away from Jason is a legitimate tactic. In the movies, people tried to bait Jason by getting his attention and leading him somewhere.

If this was real life, there would be a chosen few who would try to go toe-to-toe with Jason (and more than likely die as a result).

I do have to disagree that an unskilled Jason will never be feared. A Jason who is unwilling to adapt and learn will never be feared.

2. The goal of the game

First off, people have to realize that this is a game (1st) based on a beloved franchise (2nd). I'd like to believe that the goal is to have fun. The problem is, what's fun to one person may not be to the next person. Trolls exist to ruin the game experience of others. That is their fun. Some players feel that it is only fun when they are almost always winning. Others feel killing Jason back to back to back is fun. Everyone will never completely agree.

Counselors can escape, survive the night (run out the clock), or kill Jason. Jason can kill the counselors. When the patch was implemented, people couldn't do to Jason what they were used to, so some put their focus on escaping. Others were still determined to kill Jason, and still are, only quicker. While people can still troll Jason, it's not being done on the magnitude it once was. At the end of the day, the majority of us want a game that reminds us of the movies many of us have grown to love. Jason is a bit closer to that image than he was before the patch.

Nothing in this game is ever guaranteed. One may or may not survive an encounter with Jason. Knowledge, experience and a little luck all play parts in your chances of survival. I think the thing certain players need to do, is stop saying "I can't." Instead, look at what one can do, and maybe their survival rate will improve.

I'd say the troll equation is more like this:

Easily Provoked Players + Players Who Know to Provoke Very Well = Trolling

@DontZzz34, some of your suggestions are sitting on the new content borderline, and that's gonna make it a bit challenging to implement them. Having Jason climbing in a window would likely require new motion capture, as it doesn't exist at this time. That would be new content. Pulling people through windows would be the same. Jason will be scarier when he can't be killed as often as he is now. Once we get to that point, I'd like to believe that we'll have a lot of happy campers.

@Slasher_Clone, being polite isn't a bad thing. You try, and whatever happens, happens. It's how the person on the receiving end of your reply responds that determines if it's a friendly exchange, or a full blown argument.

@tyrant666, I like the idea of quicker acquisition of Jason's abilities on the smaller maps. Adjustments on the counselor side of things couldn't hurt either. I look forward to the perk rework we are supposed to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wig said:

It would be good to get some more clarification from Gun, but from watching the streams I think I remember them saying that any new animation would be considered new content. Hopefully they are at least considering some Rage related changes, I’d love to hear what they’re currently thinking. 

They might be who knows. Whenever the next patch comes out I’ll be looking forward to whatever they decide to do. 

@Fair Play damn that sucks that would count as new content. I really think doing those things would make Jason so much more intimidating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

They might be who knows. Whenever the next patch comes out I’ll be looking forward to whatever they decide to do. 

@Fair Play damn that sucks that would count as new content. I really think doing those things would make Jason so much more intimidating

I know what you mean. I'm still pretty sure the developers will come with something to make Jason that hardcore scary killer we all know him to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I know what you mean. I'm still pretty sure the developers will come with something to make Jason that hardcore scary killer we all know him to be.

tumblr_o3wakjECdi1vneiyto1_500.gif

imagine you’re in a cabin looting through drawers then this happens 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

imagine you’re in a cabin looting through drawers then this happens 😂

It would be similar to those who get Jason smashing through a cabin door. It would be classy with windows though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is still fun in my opinion and Rage doesn't bother me.  I hope the game stays like this. Jason needs a buff in the mask department. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

It would be similar to those who get Jason smashing through a cabin door. It would be classy with windows though.

The difference between the windows and doors though is the windows would be more scary. Because Jason can pop in out of absolutely nowhere causing more jump scares. Say if it’s a jason who doesn’t have destruction and it takes them awhile to come inside, he doesn’t “pop” out at you as much this way. 

 

58 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

The game is still fun in my opinion and Rage doesn't bother me.  I hope the game stays like this. Jason needs a buff in the mask department. 

 

I agree 100% this game is still fun as hell. My favorite game 👌🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

The difference between the windows and doors though is the windows would be more scary. Because Jason can pop in out of absolutely nowhere causing more jump scares. Say if it’s a jason who doesn’t have destruction and it takes them awhile to come inside, he doesn’t “pop” out at you as much this way.

Scary is subjective. Jason popping in windows would scare some people, but not others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Scary is subjective. Jason popping in windows would scare some people, but not others.

With stalk you’d really be able to jump in out of nowhere surprising a lot of people potentially causing more of a scare. With him breaking down the doors, you can see it clear as day and are expecting him to be coming in which makes it not as scary. So whatever brings in more potential for Jason to pop up out of nowhere, and help him be more aggressive I am all for it. I know it wouldn’t scare everyone but it’d sure help bring in the scare factor more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I'd disagree.

Counselors need a rework too to make more stats worthwhile, but the rage update was an acknowledgement (finally) of how poorly they've nerfed Jason since launch. Rage itself before this update was a joke 'buff' for Jason. Quicker cooldowns and a door busting mechanic that left Jason completely vulnerable to stun to the point where Jason's would rather combat stance the door so they have a chance to avoid being stunned rather than raging the door only to be stunned. Something wrong with that picture when the lesser ability is preferred than the more powerful one.

Rage makes Jason feel a little more powerful now. For instance when a counselor runs for a window, you can now actually shift rage through a door and they can't hide behind a guaranteed stun anymore (outside of a well placed and earned beartrap) so now it feels more powerful in that sense. Also now when multiple counselors try to beat on him or bully him, it works to their disadvantage because rage will happen sooner.

Jason is still incredibly weak up close pre rage. He can still be killed rather easily if the lobby is intent on doing so. Rage or no rage Jason's only real chance in the kill scenario is if the lobby is mostly dead outside of the final 2 or 3. So in that area, between the Jarvis call being too easy and Jason not being able to pick his mask up and blocking attacks only being a temporary band aid against kill squads. Jason is still quite weak.

If anything, Jason needed more early game buffs. On small maps (kill/troll types favorites), Jason should either get his abilities much quicker or have them to start.

☝️

This all day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25 April 2019 at 6:54 PM, Fair Play said:

the quoting of really long posts as well?

I couldn't figure out how to quote sections on my phone, but think I've got it sorted now! It's very true that what one person finds fun, another doesn't; I guess a balance must be found within limits of how the creators designed the game to be played (i.e. no trolling). 

On 25 April 2019 at 6:54 PM, Fair Play said:

 Easily Provoked Players + Players Who Know to Provoke Very Well = Trolling

This is also true, but I still think there's a very big aspect of skill/experience involved. A new Jason is very easy to troll, I've yet to see a good Jason allow himself to be trolled. When I play counsellor, I end up surviving the night almost every game, unless I escape. This is relatively easy to do against a lower level Jason, much harder and more challenging (but also more fun!), against an experienced player. I've been called awful names in game chat and rage-quit on without provocation so many times, simply because Jason couldn't kill me and I wouldn't willingly surrender (I don't want to be rude, but this almost only happens with kids).

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading everyones opinions. I understand and appreciate why Rage happened. I want the same end goal, I just feel it would be much better achieved a different way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think a lot of issues are there is no level matching system.If there were a way to  match people by their levels I think would help.A level 1 should  never be in a lobby full of 150's.It's just discouraging especially if they are Jason.Most people show no mercy and will set out to kill a low level Jason and that is a huge problem.It would make me NEVER to want to play the game again, online at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TimDuke 01 this is exactly what I’m saying! A lot of issues come from this. 

Yes, Jason needed changes. But my worry is that inexperience made too large of a contribution to the implentation of Rage. 

When I say Jason needed changes, I do so as someone who killed all counsellors virtually every single match. If you’re saying Jason needed changes simply because you rarely managed to kill all counsellors...

No. That’s not fair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...