Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Ways To Make Calling Jarvis More Difficult Outside Of Jason Knowing Where The Radio Is...

Since Wes has more or less ruled out Jason ever getting to know where the Jarvis radio is on map start.

"Look for the big tower" is what he keeps saying.

I've thought of 4 other methods to make it more difficult than what it is now when one counselor can spawn inside or near the radio and have it called within 10 seconds.

1. Have the generator connected to the Jarvis Radio disabled by default on mapstart. Logic being the phone is already without power, so why can't one of the generators be?

2. Have ALL the generators disabled at mapstart. This would add an additional layer of difficulty since all the power to every generator would be out, both Jason and Counselor would still have to figure it out, but Jason would have more time to prevent the call regardless.

3. Keep the setup we have now, but with the additional step of fixing the damaged radio itself inside the cabin with a skill check. So if the power is on, all you have to do is fix it, then call like with the cops. Like so, if the power is disabled, the power must be fixed too, however if the radio inside is fixed, only the power would have to be fixed unless its also damaged again.

4. Combine BOTH 2 AND 3.

Start the match with all the power knocked out, along with the additional step of fixing the damaged radio. I feel these steps (combined or alone) would add more difficulty to the Jarvis call and thus give Jason more to work with,  but also more to defend along the way.

@mattshotcha

• Like 1

Great ideas!!

I am leaning more to the idea of the  radio needing repaired like any other objective in the game, but I think it should require finding a replacement part then the skill check to repair it.

• Like 1

All you need is 2.

Have all the power out on the map.

You can't just do the Jarvis power box because if someone starts in a darkened area of the map, then they will full well know they're near it and will prioritize it.  Or tell others to prioritize fixing it and where. 

• Like 1

I think those are good ideas but the majority of players want to be spoon-fed victory. I still think the easiest way and most film accurate would be to have Jarvis spawn when there is one player left. 2 at Max.

@DontZzz34 in Jason Lives he only saved one person not including the kids. Having him be able to save everyone defeats the purpose of a Friday the 13th game. He can still be the hero by spawning later. Also his purpose in the game is to kill Jason. There is nothing Jarvis can do that other counselors can't besides kill Jason.

• Like 1

Excellent ideas. Players have offered the exact same ideas before years ago and were shot down. The devs are just butthurt that fans have come up with better game mechanics than they did. My favorite idea is still that all power generators should start disabled.

Since Wes wants to argue that the game takes place later in a hypothetical film, the power should already be cut and be up to the counselors to repair. This would make repair more valuable early on. To add to this, players have suggested that the flashlight be an item counselors have to find in drawers similar to the walkie. You start with nothing, nothing and have your work cut out.

The devs just never refined this game (yet want to talk about immersion) why would every counselor have a belt flashlight on them? It’s not realistic Why are there so many maps of the camp in drawers? Why are there so many walkies? Do the devs not know how expensive walkies with that clarity and range were in the 80s? They’re not going to be just lying around in drawers collecting dust in a summer camp. Maybe cheap child’s walkies but those would have zero range and have awful sound clarity. Maps should only be found at the kiosk, flashlights should have to be found in drawers, and sallies should be rarer. The game should be scary and difficult for counselors and require real work.

• Like 3

I like the idea of having to find a repair part for the radio, ala the phone. Calling Tommy should be a reward players have to work for. It shouldn't be something that every Jason player is at a disadvantage of preventing. If a kill squad gets him on the ropes, it should be because he failed to take care of business, rather than simply not being lucky enough to find the radio cabin before any one of seven other players do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think those are good ideas but the majority of players want to be spoon-fed victory. I still think the easiest way and most film accurate would be to have Jarvis spawn when there is one player left. 2 at Max.

But he’s supposed to be a hero in the game.... that ruins his purpose. Btw to the OP I think just starting the game with all of the power out is the best approach to take. 

@F134Ever86 but his purpose in the game is to save the counselors. This means saving as many counselors as possible. And no counselor matches the abilities he can do. Killing Jason isn’t his only purpose. He’s the only one who can run a long time and repair quick. No other counselor can do that like he can. And I know in the movies that was the case but it isn’t his purpose in the game. They want people using Jarvis to save as many as he can

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

1. Have the generator connected to the Jarvis Radio disabled by default on mapstart. Logic being the phone is already without power, so why can't one of the generators be?

I like this one.

I have (along with many other things) suggested number 2 before. 3 could be okay. 2 and 3 combined would probably be a bit much. If the goal is to slow kill squads, then 2 and 3 is the best approach. You do however still want Tommy being called an accessible option for newer players. Overall I still feel 2 is the best approach. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I like the idea of having to find a repair part for the radio, ala the phone. Calling Tommy should be a reward players have to work for. It shouldn't be something that every Jason player is at a disadvantage of preventing. If a kill squad gets him on the ropes, it should be because he failed to take care of business, rather than simply not being lucky enough to find the radio cabin before any one of seven other players do.

A shrunken version of the phone fuse and the standard repair check could be added to avoid the no new content rule.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

A shrunken version of the phone fuse and the standard repair check could be added to avoid the no new content rule.

Good idea.