Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Offline Bots Should Be Used To Fill In Online Lobbies

In an age where the playerbase is lower (on PC more so than console).

I think it only makes sense to allow bot counselors to fill out the team after the final connection screen on the actual maps if no other players have loaded in. I know this has been asked before but I think its become even more evident.

@mattshotcha

Conditions

1. They would always be hard difficulty with their already set perks

2. They would NOT start with parts in hand like they do in offline mode

3. The bot would never be picked as Tommy unless the human counselor count is below 4 or so

4. They would pick non cloned counselors

5. They can fix the boat and be a passenger, but they cannot drive it

5. This allows human players looking for a game in progress to join mid match and play a bot counselor rather than waiting for a new lobby

• Like 5

I'm not sure what this would require, but I can look into it further. It may be down to how the game was initially built, which would be a bit of a blocker as we've shifted teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, tyrant666 said:

5. This allows human players looking for a game in progress to join mid match and play a bot counselor rather than waiting for a new lobby

I think you meant #6 with this one... But this would be the best reason to add the bots to fill multi player game lobbies, even without any of your other ideas (most of which I like) implemented... Changing an incoming player's counselor preference to suit the bot in question may be problematic though... Just letting them in to replace the bot with their own preferences would work fine... I know you do not like twins, triplets or quadruplets (and on up)… but they are a thing in real life... and forcing players to play a counselor they do not want to play will simply lead to people quitting anyway... Still a great idea!

I’ve played f13game since day 1 on console and now I’m just starting on pc I’m on level 44 on pc and never had an issue with finding a full lobby on pc! I hear your concern but in doing this idea I feel like people will either get annoyed by the bots or just get lazy and be like “welp we got bots filling up so I’ll just be Jason or leave” lol I’m only game if we can team kill the bots LMFAO “hey Bruce where’s Campfacer? I just saw him beating a bit to death” lol

17 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I’m only game if we can team kill the bots

I’d actually appreciate this as a serious suggestion and was planning on mentioning it. 

Bots can act as an outlet for some trolling behaviour, I’m all for Jason getting a couple extra kills each match if he can find them first and wouldn’t be against a couple showing up if they appear in the cut scene but aren’t being played. It could encourage people to play non OG Counselors. 

I think replacing any disconnects with bots would be a good thing too.

Here’s to hoping it’s an easy add. 

On 4/22/2019 at 10:14 AM, mattshotcha said:

I'm not sure what this would require, but I can look into it further. It may be down to how the game was initially built, which would be a bit of a blocker as we've shifted teams.

I hope this suggestion does go through.....