Alien_Number_Six

Gun Media it's time to dust off the Slasher vol 1 Summer Camp idea.

10 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I really hope they are working and planning on something. I think it’s time for Gun and Black Tower to just abandon this game altogether and reroute all manpower to building a new game. It’s clear that even a small amount of debugging and fixing for F13 is just too much for them at this point. Tbh it really shouldn’t be this hard to say “hey, let’s remove the chair next to the house in Jarvis since people have been exploiting that spot for 2 years.....done!” Like come on. But I forgot they don’t “have any money”

Go grab knives, there's over 18 on Jarvis House.

23 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters is a BLATANT rip off of Ryu/Ken from Street Fighter. The reason FF/KOF continued is the courts decides that Terry's physical looks was much different and his Burning Wave is a orange wolf faced haduken and the Rising Kick of Terry is jusr that, the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku moves across screen. Courts decided in favor of KOF/FF so Gun is safe

Like I said actual lawyers would need to take a look at it. 

Great idea @Alien_Number_Six, as usual. I would totally back this! To add to this I would love it if it was like a real movie series. Just have a summer camp map with a killer for the first level, or act. After the survivors escape the killer they wake up in a Hospital map for act 2, same killer with any battle damage from the attack on the camp still visible yet at full health. After they put him down again, for what they think is the final time. One year later. It's back to regular life until the killer resurfaces in an attack at a school map, maybe have the kids meet up after hours to talk of a weird person following them. And a feeling that it's not over yet. Then after they escape the school onto small town neighborhood map, eventually ending with a final battle at a police station? Have a couple different killers and campers to start off, with more to unlock. Each story would continue with your chosen slasher/camper. And every level would have a different version of the killer, showing the damage they sustain. Same for the survivors, as the story progresses you show the wounds you survived. You must have at least 1 survive to proceed to the next act. Any campers/survivors who die are dead, no coming back after the act is finished. If you survived, you move to the next portion of that character's storyline. And each new level the dead players can choose new characters exclusively for that level, many would LOVE this! It would be so tense playing through this from the start, especially if you're gud enough to make it all the way and see a character's full storyline! And for those like me who die ALOT to save others. The thought of spectating and hoping your sacrifice will get the others out is great, and people would be rooting for them. True "final girl" gameplay! @mattshotcha @wes  Come on guys! Your team has shown such passion with the work you did on F13, if anyone can pull it off you can! Guaranteed all your player base from F13 would be in on it, and alot of the players who left for that "other" game. And the streamers can do their thing. On F13 I see low 100's in viewership on streams, because they have seen it before. But, with a game like that you could break out and be more creative. Thus gaining even more players, and viewers.

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Great idea @Alien_Number_Six, as usual. I would totally back this! To add to this I would love it if it was like a real movie series. Just have a summer camp map with a killer for the first level, or act. After the survivors escape the killer they wake up in a Hospital map for act 2, same killer with any battle damage from the attack on the camp still visible yet at full health. After they put him down again, for what they think is the final time. One year later. It's back to regular life until the killer resurfaces in an attack at a school map, maybe have the kids meet up after hours to talk of a weird person following them. And a feeling that it's not over yet. Then after they escape the school onto small town neighborhood map, eventually ending with a final battle at a police station? Have a couple different killers and campers to start off, with more to unlock. Each story would continue with your chosen slasher/camper. And every level would have a different version of the killer, showing the damage they sustain. Same for the survivors, as the story progresses you show the wounds you survived. You must have at least 1 survive to proceed to the next act. Any campers/survivors who die are dead, no coming back after the act is finished. If you survived, you move to the next portion of that character's storyline. And each new level the dead players can choose new characters exclusively for that level, many would LOVE this! It would be so tense playing through this from the start, especially if you're gud enough to make it all the way and see a character's full storyline! And for those like me who die ALOT to save others. The thought of spectating and hoping your sacrifice will get the others out is great, and people would be rooting for them. True "final girl" gameplay! @mattshotcha @wes  Come on guys! Your team has shown such passion with the work you did on F13, if anyone can pull it off you can! Guaranteed all your player base from F13 would be in on it, and alot of the players who left for that "other" game. And the streamers can do their thing. On F13 I see low 100's in viewership on streams, because they have seen it before. But, with a game like that you could break out and be more creative. Thus gaining even more players, and viewers.

Intriguing idea.

I can definitely see a lot potential in this. The movie Sleepaway Camp never had any legal repercussions with it's similarities towards the first F13 movie, so I think they could go through with this if they wanted to.

@Alien_Number_Six You nailed it right on the head when you said Gun Media has their fingers on the pulse of 1980's horror cinema and I completely agree. While their development towards a game might be questionable and others can criticize them all they want on it, but when it comes to that atmosphere of an 80s slasher genre, they seem to know what they're doing. Not just for the 80s, but possibly 70s too. I remember first watching their trailer for Paranoia and it seemed like Gun Media wanted to go for a Grindhouse kind of feel. Something like that can definitely be suited for Slasher Vol 1. Imagine the amount of ideas others have suggested on this forum that could potentially be incorporated into the game. More map locations, game modes and character archetypes that didn't make it. Pretty much a lot of movie tropes you can definitely include to spice it up. The influence from the movies is so strong that they could even take a page out of Sleepaway Camp's book (or F13th Part 1 and 5) by making a random team mate the killer nobody's aware of. I feel like F13th really set the bar high and left a gateway wide open for that. I still want Nightmare On Elm Street more than anything at this point, but if we have to start at Slasher Vol 1 then I'm perfectly fine with that. We could definitely use more of this type of asymetrical horror game.

The other games like Last Year: The Nightmare, developers always seem they have to throw on a gimmick and it gets tiresome. It always has to be a situation where the killer is portrayed like a comic book villain and the survivors play dress up or turn them into a Scooby Doo/Ghostbusters squad going on unnecessary scavenger hunts that just completely butchers what a proper horror scenario should be. It's elements you would never see in a traditional horror/slasher film. It's more like something you would find in a cheesy comedy horror streaming movie that you probably came across on Netflix.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

No.

Then don't cry.

On 4/21/2019 at 12:32 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Like I said actual lawyers would need to take a look at it. 

Trust me, I'm right.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:38 AM, sedaiv said:

Go grab knives, there's over 18 on Jarvis House.

Hell I just ignore em and go snap some pictures of Jason looking badass for thumbnails. They chose not to play so I don't bother engaging with them. They are craving attention so I dont bother giving it to them. No point really. 

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Hell I just ignore em and go snap some pictures of Jason looking badass for thumbnails.

Nice.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:42 AM, sedaiv said:

Then don't cry

Don't be uncivilized just for the sake of it. 

On 4/21/2019 at 3:26 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

No.

Why no? Why not kill those stupid glitchers and make them look dumb?

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Why no? Why not kill those stupid glitchers and make them look dumb?

Because that is what they want. It's more fun to completely ignore them and they already look stupid. 

3 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Because that is what they want. It's more fun to completely ignore them and they already look stupid. 

Fun, and logical.

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Don't be uncivilized just for the sake of it. 

It’s too late, the damage is done. I’ll never recover

8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They don’t want to be killed, they’re glitched so Jason can’t kill them. So when you completely ruin their plan to avoid getting killed by Jason it’s funny. But I guess avoiding them and leaving them there bored to death isn’t a bad idea either. It’s just I’d definitely try to kill those stupid glitching fuckers. 

As counselor last night I seen one guy trying to glitch on top of the roof. I kept getting in his way so he couldn’t do it and eventually Jason arrives. Then I got the car going and ran his worthless glitching ass over as roadkill. Glitchers must die!!

Posted (edited)

So many great ideas in this thread!

I think the biggest takeaway is this. Gun Media laid down a proper groundwork. Anyone, including them, can actually build up on it, be it with an existing slasher franchise (ANOES is not tied up in any legal issues) or an "original" derivative property (ie. Summer Camp).

Either way what we have in F13th The Game is unique and can be re-used and build upon.

Dead by Daylights gameplay is more action oriented, competitive and arcade-ish with arena style maps and all characters are empty skins with no personality (I really like DBD btw, have 1200 hrs in it, just if anyone gets triggered for some reason). Last Year is extremely one-note and shallow game that is fun for about 30 minutes. White Noise 2 is dead.

F13th has big, beautiful and atmospheric maps with iconic locations from the movies and that 80s vibe to match. It has voiced, unique characters. It has numerous escape and gameplay methods etc.

Either the lawsuit ends and the game gets sorted out or someone needs to pick up the groundwork and build upon it.

Edited by Survival

On 5/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, Survival said:

So many great ideas in this thread!

I think the biggest takeaway is this. Gun Media laid down a proper groundwork. Anyone, including them, can actually build up on it, be it with an existing slasher franchise (ANOES is not tied up in any legal issues) or an "original" derivative property (ie. Summer Camp).

Either way what we have in F13th The Game is unique and can be re-used and build upon.

Dead by Daylights gameplay is more action oriented, competitive and arcade-ish with arena style maps and all characters are empty skins with no personality (I really like DBD btw, have 1200 hrs in it, just if anyone gets triggered for some reason). Last Year is extremely one-note and shallow game that is fun for about 30 minutes. White Noise 2 is dead.

F13th has big, beautiful and atmospheric maps with iconic locations from the movies and that 80s vibe to match. It has voiced, unique characters. It has numerous escape and gameplay methods etc.

Either the lawsuit ends and the game gets sorted out or someone needs to pick up the groundwork and build upon it.

If Slasher Camp Vol.1 comes out Ill def get it...as long as Kane is the killer mocap or even a Killer!

I volunteer myself as a Slash called Creeper.

No future content because Illfonic moved on to work on Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Playstation 4 only.

Maybe they don't want to deal with the Xbox patch certification progress anymore.

Patch fails and they have to go through the process until it's fixed.

If it bugs, we can't patch it. Coming soon. 2020 😂

8 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

No future content because Illfonic moved on to work on Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Playstation 4 only.

Maybe they don't want to deal with the Xbox patch certification progress anymore.

Patch fails and they have to go through the process until it's fixed.

If it bugs, we can't patch it. Coming soon. 2020 😂

Um, illfonic moved on from this game awhile ago. We have a new dev team that’s working on the game, Black Tower Studios.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3523608/black-tower-studios-takes-new-lead-development-partner-friday-13th-game/

Here’s a link.