Jump to content
Alien_Number_Six

Gun Media it's time to dust off the Slasher vol 1 Summer Camp idea.

Recommended Posts

For all the Friday the 13th licence has done for the game it's brought it down just as much maybe even more. I can't speak for the entire player base but I will say that many of us want more content. We are not going to get it so it's time to dust off the original idea and put it into motion. 

I prefer Friday the 13th to Dead by Daylight for one simple reason. If Jason Voorhees catches you it's all over but the screaming unless you have a pocket knife. I have always appreciated this approach. Your not a killer in Dead by Daylight your a hooker. 

It's time to get creative and start putting "Summer Camp" into motion. As a player I want more! Ditch the licence and start working towards an original intellectual property. Keep the same style of gameplay. Include the multiple ways to win. Keep the if caught your dead killer gameplay. And stock it with original characters, maps and killers!

If anyone can get this job done it's you guys at Gun Media. @wes @mattshotcha you have your fingers on the pulse of 1980's horror cinema. You can make the camp great again you simply have to reinvent it.

Sincerely 

Six

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

For all the Friday the 13th licence has done for the game it's brought it down just as much maybe even more. I can't speak for the entire player base but I will say that many of us want more content. We are not going to get it so it's time to dust off the original idea and put it into motion. 

I prefer Friday the 13th to Dead by Daylight for one simple reason. If Jason Voorhees catches you it's all over but the screaming unless you have a pocket knife. I have always appreciated this approach. Your not a killer in Dead by Daylight your a hooker. 

It's time to get creative and start putting "Summer Camp" into motion. As a player I want more! Ditch the licence and start working towards an original intellectual property. Keep the same style of gameplay. Include the multiple ways to win. Keep the if caught your dead killer gameplay. And stock it with original characters, maps and killers!

If anyone can get this job done it's you guys at Gun Media. @wes @mattshotcha you have your fingers on the pulse of 1980's horror cinema. You can make the camp great again you simply have to reinvent it.

Sincerely 

Six

This is a really good idea, it will be sad to see Friday the 13th the game be forgotten, but this idea has a lot of potential. Remodel Jason a little bit and change his name, remove the counsellors that are from the movies and replace them with original counsellors, remodel the maps and then it’s done! It would take a while to remodel certain things for sure but it’s either a dead game or a game that is similar....I would go for a game that can have new content rather than just a dead game. 

I do love Friday the 13th the game and it is devastating it ended this way but let’s hope they can still bring us a game just as good! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s come up before Number Six, it was and is a good idea. They have hundreds of good suggestions for improving the game and taking it to all horror setting imaginable. I’d very much like to play this game in the future, as unlikely as that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

This is a really good idea, it will be sad to see Friday the 13th the game be forgotten, but this idea has a lot of potential. Remodel Jason a little bit and change his name, remove the counsellors that are from the movies and replace them with original counsellors, remodel the maps and then it’s done! It would take a while to remodel certain things for sure but it’s either a dead game or a game that is similar....I would go for a game that can have new content rather than just a dead game. 

I do love Friday the 13th the game and it is devastating it ended this way but let’s hope they can still bring us a game just as good! 

Not a remodel. And entirely different game with the same base gameplay. If they could strip everything out of Friday that made it Friday and tried to roll with it they would still get sued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Not a remodel. And entirely different game with the same base gameplay. If they could strip everything out of Friday that made it Friday and tried to roll with it they would still get sued. 

I agree but also to add the number of items and mechanics, I’d want, they’d need to rebuild from the ground up. Just keeping the core game play roughly the same but building more options in to it. 

Like I said it has come up, I just don’t think Wes wants to take the risk. It is his company after all, I just don’t understand why someone else hasn’t realized how much potential exists in a asymmetrical multiplayer game. Before anyone brings up Behaviour, I’d just like to point out they haven’t innovated anything. It’s taken them years to even start to try to change the formula, and now that they are, it’s only the end game. 

If you don’t mind Six, I’d like to add that it doesn’t have to take place at a camp, as they’ve done this already. What do you think about using a Zoo or neighbourhood, as the setting for the first Vol.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

We appreciate the vote of confidence and the support.

Um, sorry if this is a rude question but are you being sarcastic?

Because I’m sure nothing would make the fans of Friday happier than Gun doing this. You have no idea how much we want to support you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Um, sorry if this is a rude question but are you being sarcastic?

Because I’m sure nothing would make the fans of Friday happier than Gun doing this. You have no idea how much we want to support you. 

That was 100% genuine. We appreciate that people are passionate about the games we make, even when critical. I am being completely sincere, there's just not a lot more for me to say on the topic of "What's next for Gun?" at this time. I apologize if my shorter answer seemed rude, I did not intend to be.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

That was 100% genuine. We appreciate that people are passionate about the games we make, even when critical. I am being completely sincere, there's just not a lot more for me to say on the topic of "What's next for Gun?" at this time. I apologize if my shorter answer seemed rude, I did not intend to be.

Thank you, the clarification is much appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, so I deduce that even from this idea the game cannot take advantage of it, let alone a new idea. I am sorry that a game so beautiful and full of action should do such a tragic end just because we could not find an agreement between Horror Inc. and Mr. Miller. But if this is the reality I do not see much light at the end of the tunnel. Now the development of the game has been abandoned and until this cause finds an end, it will be murmured in the dark. I can't wait for this to happen and if unfortunately the game should die so it will come; everything can not always go well in life. I, too, would like to have new content for the game but I would prefer the game to die in peace and a new movie starring Jason in its place. Then it's not always just the game that keeps us entertained, but also with a lot of imagination you can get really exceptional results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mariopolomeni057 said:

I would prefer the game to die in peace

Then quit playing, a game can’t die a peaceful death but you can choose, not to be involved if you want.

Even after the servers go down I’ll still be playing it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda wishing that they would of just stuck with this Idea and never accepted the F13 license. Yes, I love F13 and that we got a F13 game but look what happened to the game because of it being a licensed IP. If this were to be a unlicensed game, we would still be getting updates and additional content added to the game without any legal bullshit to worry about. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a good idea but Jason is my 2nd favorite horror icon with Michael as my 1st. I’d be so sad to see Friday go. I’d rather see them settle the lawsuit and keep the game moving forward. But we all know how that’s been going. 

Now all we need is for a Halloween game to come out with Michael Myers, but with no lawsuit BS. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m into it. If they need a little more money, I’d even be willing to pitch in $20 for a smaller, less grandiose Kickstarter but that’s it, no more money out of principle.

I’d love to see Gun transition to Slasher Summer Camp. They need to approach a larger studio and pitch the idea and use the success of F13 as proof there is interest and potential in the idea. “We made F13 on our own with a small team and Kickstarter money yet look at the interest and profitability of the game. With a major studio backing a similar project, imagine the revenue generated with AAA resources.” Pitch it, make it happen. The gaming community is an expansive, enmeshed, and very invested group. We know what’s going on everywhere with games, it’s what we love. It’s time to let F13 rest and focus on a similar bigger and better game. I’d be willing to say that 70-90% of F13 playerbase would jump on Slasher Camp immediately. You already have a playerbase, envision Slasher Camp as Part 2 and run with it

Take what works from other games and implement it. Players loved what Activision did for COD WWII “base” where players could run around and engage with other players and content outside the parameters of lobbies. That would work perfectly for a Slasher game. Have players be able to sandbox around a small camp with a lodge and interact with other players, change their gear and clothes, do mini games, and have fun. Then they can can join lobbies at their leisure. F13 is very small and old skool in scope. You have to immediately go into a lobby like it’s the 90s and from there is your entire experience. Give the game depth. Combine elements of the virtual cabin with the online game. Have people running around trying to find Easter eggs and secrets in the sandbox pre-lobby camp. Have chests with rare gear counselors can earn. Approach the game for the long haul, people want to be able to create and customize their own character which has to be done. This is a no-brainer at this point. Take what was learned, what worked and didn’t and make something new.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Then quit playing, a game can’t die a peaceful death but you can choose, not to be involved if you want.

Even after the servers go down I’ F13 tooll still be playing it.

Same here. I love F13 too much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the responses. And yes @Slasher_Clone a completely new game from the ground up is what I am suggesting. A summer camp map should be added as a wink and a nod but variety, customization and fixes to things that didn't really work on the gameplay side of things from the last game should take center stage. At this point waiting for Sean and Victor to settle this is a huge waste of time. Why wait for these guys when they have made it perfectly clear one of them is going to have to pass away before they stop feuding. GunMedia has one loyal player and streamer base. If you build it we will come @wes and we will bring our money with us! Thanks for your reply to my thread @mattshotcha I don't question it's sincerity. I know you can only say so much. I can't speak for everyone out there but I personally would take the chance with Gun if they decided to create such an IP and I am not alone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Doom & Halo are virtually the same exact game. They're first person shooters with few ascetic differences. Summer Camp as a reskin of Friday the 13th wouldn't have legal repercussions. They already own the rights to their game. They can't do anymore Friday the 13th content so they just can't use tge trademarked characters being Tommy, Fox, Shelly, Pamela & Jason. 

 

They can copy & paste everything else and there'd be no legal problems from Sean or Miller.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If done, I'd suggest changing up the settings. Having a summer camp map would be cool. But though there would need to be more variety in the map settings. A cemetery map for example. Different killers, with different strengths. I think the market if there if Gun is interested. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope they are working and planning on something. I think it’s time for Gun and Black Tower to just abandon this game altogether and reroute all manpower to building a new game. It’s clear that even a small amount of debugging and fixing for F13 is just too much for them at this point. Tbh it really shouldn’t be this hard to say “hey, let’s remove the chair next to the house in Jarvis since people have been exploiting that spot for 2 years.....done!” Like come on. But I forgot they don’t “have any money”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I really hope they are working and planning on something.

Well, Wes has been been teasing something on Twitter for the last few months. The last we heard about this is Wes getting a phone call from someone from LA. Wes also tweeted about him having a meeting with someone too. Maybe they are trying to get the license to a certain franchise? I really hope so!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sedaiv said:

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Doom & Halo are virtually the same exact game. They're first person shooters with few ascetic differences. Summer Camp as a reskin of Friday the 13th wouldn't have legal repercussions. They already own the rights to their game. They can't do anymore Friday the 13th content so they just can't use tge trademarked characters being Tommy, Fox, Shelly, Pamela & Jason. 

 

They can copy & paste everything else and there'd be no legal problems from Sean or Miller.

This would be something actual lawyers would have to look at and I don't think Gun wants to take the chance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This would be something actual lawyers would have to look at and I don't think Gun wants to take the chance. 

Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters is a BLATANT rip off of Ryu/Ken from Street Fighter. The reason FF/KOF continued is the courts decides that Terry's physical looks was much different and his Burning Wave is a orange wolf faced haduken and the Rising Kick of Terry is jusr that, the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku moves across screen. Courts decided in favor of KOF/FF so Gun is safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...