Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

How to make the game more scary

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@DontZzz34, I’d like to play a version of your idea, I think it would work better as a hide and seek mode in a Halloween game to be honest. You have quite a few interesting ideas but unfortunately nothing that could be done in the here and now with this game. If we only had the ability to add new modes, I wouldn’t be quite so discouraging in my reply. I will say I especially like the idea of people being pulled through windows though, it would be awesome.

I’d love for a Halloween game that’s more of a hide and seek mode. If that game was made right, it’d be amazing!!! And I wonder if grabbing through windows would count as new content?

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

But if he did keep his current sense I would not see a window hopping ability to be seen as balanced.

They could just give him a very slow animation climbing through the window... that might do it. Allow him to be stunned when climbing through a window, or knock him back outside into a standing position if he is in rage... He would only be able to climb through the window if not attacked?... There are other ways to balance it out a bit I think.
    It is the animation here that is the real problem. Jason has no animation for climbing through a window. They may be able to use the counselor animations on him for this... I do not know why they would not be able to do this... but it might look really weird... Otherwise it would fall under new content if they had to use a new animation.

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I mean I’d pay them whatever amount necessary to convince them.

It is not just Gun Media though... It is the license holders. While the dispute is still going on... giving money to the license holder whose rights are in question could give him the rights then and there. Remember... Miller did not write the original story and try to sell it to Cunningham... he was hired by Cunningham to write the story. Both have said as much in old interviews that you can watch on youtube… If you were hired to write a story you have not already written, whether it says work for hire in your contract or not... that is still a work for hire as you did not do the work until after you were hired. Would Miller have EVER written this story without the parameters given him (after he was hired to write it) by Cunningham?.... That would be a big, fat... NO. The spirit of the law vs the letter of the law is the problem here. Just because it does not say work for hire in his contract does not mean it was not a work for hire. Loopholes are more of a killer than Jason is.

25 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Ahab not a fan of Jason climbing through windows. Grabbing would be easier I think.

Too many changes would need to be made for it to be feasible I think... But you have to admit, it would make the chase more intense... but also shorter for many players.
   Grabbing through windows would probably be easier, yes... but if they put it in, we would hardly ever see it. Once everyone knows about it, they will all keep their distance from the windows.