Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

How to make the game more scary

Not sure how balanced this would be unless it’s tested but what if they buffed Jason to be able to do things like jump through windows, grab people out of windows, and if someone is running around a long table/furniture he can throw the furniture/table out of the way. If they did make Jason this OP I think sense would need to be heavily nerfed down to make it so he can’t spam sense and maybe sense should only last a shorter period of time as well. Sense would definitely need this nerf with this kind of buff so people could have a chance to get away/hide from Jason. Also, I think more people would be shitting their pants when Jason is chasing them rather then trolling him if he could do these things 😂 what’s everyone’s thoughts? 

14 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Not sure how balanced this would be unless it’s tested but what if they buffed Jason to be able to do things like jump through windows, grab people out of windows, and if someone is running around a long table/furniture he can throw the furniture/table out of the way. If they did make Jason this OP I think sense would need to be heavily nerfed down to make it so he can’t spam sense and maybe sense should only last a shorter period of time as well. Sense would definitely need this nerf with this kind of buff so people could have a chance to get away/hide from Jason. Also, I think more people would be shitting their pants when Jason is chasing them rather then trolling him if he could do these things 😂 what’s everyone’s thoughts? 

Some of these would be interesting, if it wasn't for the "no new content" stance that we are facing with this game.

Jumping through windows wouldn't work, as Jason is a bit larger than the windows are. Tearing through the windows, like the doors, would leave the cabins looking like Swiss cheese.

Grabbing counselors through a window could work, until counselors learned to stay away from them. It might change the way people move within the cabins.

Moving furniture, or breaking furniture is something a number of people have asked for in the past. It could stop the endless loops around the furniture.

If these changes could have been implemented, I wouldn't have nerfed sense right away. I'd have waited a bit to see how things went before making that change.

Making Jason harder to kill would in turn make the game scarier. If the right changes were made to Jason to make him harder to kill, then people would be crapping their pants a lot more. With any number of changes, there would always be a chosen few who would still try to troll Jason.

12 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Some of these would be interesting, if it wasn't for the "no new content" stance that we are facing with this game.

Jumping through windows wouldn't work, as Jason is a bit larger than the windows are. Tearing through the windows, like the doors, would leave the cabins looking like Swiss cheese.

Grabbing counselors through a window could work, until counselors learned to stay away from them. It might change the way people move within the cabins.

Moving furniture, or breaking furniture is something a number of people have asked for in the past. It could stop the endless loops around the furniture.

If these changes could have been implemented, I wouldn't have nerfed sense right away. I'd have waited a bit to see how things went before making that change.

Making Jason harder to kill would in turn make the game scarier. If the right changes were made to Jason to make him harder to kill, then people would be crapping their pants a lot more. With any number of changes, there would always be a chosen few who would still try to troll Jason.

Yeah true he is a little too large for the windows, maybe if they made the windows a bit bigger then he could jump through them. It’d just make the game pretty crazy if he could jump through windows when chasing people along with my other suggestions. Mainly for this reason alone is why I think sense would need to be nerfed, since he’d have easier access to cabins would mean he could really stay on people’s tails in chases if they’re hopping through windows and if they get some distance from Jason they can hide for a bit to regain stamina before the intense chase begins once again.

1. Counselors don't have a mini map

2. Counselors are only marked on the map if they have a radio

3. No static feedback when Jason uses his powers

4. Tommy spawns when 2 counselors remain

5. Counselors are randomly selected - no duplicates

6. Flashlights have limited battery life

7. Jason can grab counselors if they are right next to a window

8. First person perspective

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

1. Counselors don't have a mini map

2. Counselors are only marked on the map if they have a radio

3. No static feedback when Jason uses his powers

4. Tommy spawns when 2 counselors remain

5. Counselors are randomly selected - no duplicates

6. Flashlights have limited battery life

7. Jason can grab counselors if they are right next to a window

8. First person perspective

I don’t like tommy spawning with 2 counselors left. He’s supposed to save as many as possible, this discourages his role. Counselors should have a mini map. I really don’t like random selecting. A lot of us have particular counselors we like playing with and should be able to play as whoever we want 

18 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

1. Counselors don't have a mini map I would leave it as it is

2. Counselors are only marked on the map if they have a radio This would potentially encourage more teamwork.

3. No static feedback when Jason uses his powers This would prove interesting.

4. Tommy spawns when 2 counselors remain Jason would be just as easy to kill, maybe just later in the match.

5. Counselors are randomly selected - no duplicates This would kill the game for a lot of people.

6. Flashlights have limited battery life This would have been interesting, if batteries could have been a thing.

7. Jason can grab counselors if they are right next to a window This would have encouraged people to stay away from windows.

8. First person perspective  This would have made for a more immersive experience.

@Fair Play: Part 7 Jason jumps through a window in the movie. That window wasn't bigger than the ones in the game. So Jason should do it but he can't be in Stalk and both the Shift & Morph should be used until they naturally recharge.

Grabbing through windows would be fun.

Moving furniture would require A LOT of memory on the consoles, it would be too much for an ascetic. 

To make Jason harder to kill: GIVE HIM MORE HIT POINTS. Double them, trip if needed.

Debris from broken windows should cause minor damage.

@F134Ever86 sounds like a Hardcore game mode. That would be a ton of fun. 

@sedaiv, memory limitations could potentially discourage a number of innovative ideas regarding this game. It's not like we're getting any new content anyway. I'm aware that Jason did some window hopping in Part 7.

As far as increasing HP, it would do little good by itself. Make a couple of other adjustments alongside that, and I'd consider it.

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@sedaiv, memory limitations could potentially discourage a number of innovative ideas regarding this game. It's not like we're getting any new content anyway. I'm aware that Jason did some window hopping in Part 7.

As far as increasing HP, it would do little good by itself. Make a couple of other adjustments alongside that, and I'd consider it.

I'd increase all Jason's hp by 50% but for low hp/defense Jason's, they'd take more damage

VC 1 and 2 were scary in fp perspective when Jason chased you. This would have made the game more scary.

Why didn't they add the SPC mechanics to multiplayer such as the stalk points and precise map morph locations? These would have added a true scary F13 movie experience.

14 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

VC 1 and 2 were scary in fp perspective when Jason chased you. This would have made the game more scary.

Why didn't they add the SPC mechanics to multiplayer such as the stalk points and precise map morph locations? These would have added a true scary F13 movie experience.

What’s VC 1 and 2? And it’d be cool to switch between 1st and 3rd person views. 

I think they made morph difficult to accurately pinpoint so not just anyone could morph right In Front of a car. Takes a lot of skill to do that. 

9 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Virtual cabin 1&2.

Oh yeah I do think that would help tremendously in creating more of a scare. 

With that 1st person view going against a crazy psychopath who can jump through windows after you, grab through windows, etc would be a lot scarier. I’d only agree with making Jason this powerful if his sense got nerfed heavily though. 

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Oh yeah I do think that would help tremendously in creating more of a scare. 

With that 1st person view going against a crazy psychopath who can jump through windows after you, grab through windows, etc would be a lot scarier. I’d only agree with making Jason this powerful if his sense got nerfed heavily though. 

Please no sense nerfs. Nerfing ruins the fun.

34 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Please no sense nerfs. Nerfing ruins the fun.

If Jason could crawl through windows, throw furniture, and grab through windows. With his current sense. Any low or high stamina counselor would be dead really quick. With this amount of power Jason would have he would be deadly asf. Sense would need to be nerfed to make it fair. To nerf sense I would make it so u can’t spam sense and for it to last a shorter period of time as well. This would allow counselors to have some time to catch their breath till jason finds them again. The chases would last longer. You couldn’t jump through a window anymore and have a little time to catch your breath because Jason would be coming through the window right behind you. Nerfing sense would allow a counselors a little bit of time to hide from him to regain stamina. I like the fact of sneaky gameplay added in instead of Jason never having issues finding counselors (unless you’re hiding in a home) you pretty much have no chance in hiding in this game. This would make for much more exciting gameplay being able to hide a little more out in the open in the woods

On 4/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, DontZzz34 said:

jason needs nuturing already if they did what u ask  im throwin the game away forever an asking for a full refund

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Jason going through windows would make sense... Why shouldn't he be able to climb through windows?.... One very simple reason.... game balance. Low stamina counselors would now have zero chance to get away from him.
   Grabbing people through windows... Makes sense to me... This has also been suggested before... and the animation for Jason grabbing someone out of a car could be used to get around needing a new animation.
    Moving furniture is not going to happen... This was suggested a long time ago, and the reason given as to why it would not happen was that the furniture is a static part of the environment. If it was not, it would move whenever anyone bumped against it. Way too much coding involved for this one... Not the exact wording... but as close as I can remember.
    If sense spamming was taken away, sense avoidance perks become the new meta perks... and with legendary perks... and the right combination, the chance is already quite high enough to avoid sense 3 times in a row (or more) in MANY cases. Sense spamming is NOT a guarantee that sense will pick you up with the avoidance perks. Surviving the night would happen in EVERY match... A MASSIVE no on that one.
    There is a reason Jason can sense players without these perks in a hiding spot after rage hits... It is NOT fun for everyone else in the match watching someone in a hiding place do absolutely nothing and survive... People bitch about players in hiding spots more than enough now... wait until sense spamming is taken away and everyone is using sense avoidance perks... It will not be the Jason players crying about this, it will be EVERYONE who choses not to use these perks and actually try to get objectives done.

As long as Jason is easy to kill, no one will fear him.
    As long as you can stun Jason 99% of the time (even if it is only before rage hits)… then no one will fear him until rage hits... But wait, the no stunning in rage makes it even easier to get his mask off and kill him... so no one will fear him.

For the most part, I think jump scares using stalk are the best chance at putting fear into the game, even though it is very brief fear... But the opportunities for this are situational... It is also possible to get some jump scares on people outside of stalk... but also situational. Just hearing Jason's music only lets you know he is nearby, not exactly where he is. Never underestimate the sneakiness.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:55 PM, sedaiv said:

I'd increase all Jason's hp by 50% but for low hp/defense Jason's, they'd take more damage

Raising Jasons's hit points by 100% just leaves him being demasked in 2 or 3 hits instead of 1 or 2 hits. Hit points would need to be raised by 400%+ for this to actually make demasking Jason more difficult... which it really is not doing... it is merely making it take longer... Making it take longer to do something easy, is NOT making it more difficult... but it is a start.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Jason going through windows would make sense... Why shouldn't he be able to climb through windows?.... One very simple reason.... game balance. Low stamina counselors would now have zero chance to get away from him.
   Grabbing people through windows... Makes sense to me... This has also been suggested before... and the animation for Jason grabbing someone out of a car could be used to get around needing a new animation.
    Moving furniture is not going to happen... This was suggested a long time ago, and the reason given as to why it would not happen was that the furniture is a static part of the environment. If it was not, it would move whenever anyone bumped against it. Way too much coding involved for this one... Not the exact wording... but as close as I can remember.
    If sense spamming was taken away, sense avoidance perks become the new meta perks... and with legendary perks... and the right combination, the chance is already quite high enough to avoid sense 3 times in a row (or more) in MANY cases. Sense spamming is NOT a guarantee that sense will pick you up with the avoidance perks. Surviving the night would happen in EVERY match... A MASSIVE no on that one.
    There is a reason Jason can sense players without these perks in a hiding spot after rage hits... It is NOT fun for everyone else in the match watching someone in a hiding place do absolutely nothing and survive... People bitch about players in hiding spots more than enough now... wait until sense spamming is taken away and everyone is using sense avoidance perks... It will not be the Jason players crying about this, it will be EVERYONE who choses not to use these perks and actually try to get objectives done.

As long as you can stun Jason 99% of the time (even if it is only before rage hits)… then no one will fear him until rage hits... But wait, the no stunning in rage makes it even easier to get his mask off and kill him... so no one will fear him.

For the most part, I think jump scares using stalk are the best chance at putting fear into the game, even though it is very brief fear... But the opportunities for this are situational... It is also possible to get some jump scares on people outside of stalk... but also situational. Just hearing Jason's music only lets you know he is nearby, not exactly where he is. Never underestimate the sneakiness.

Raising Jasons's hit points by 100% just leaves him being demasked in 2 or 3 hits instead of 1 or 2 hits. Hit points would need to be raised by 400%+ for this to actually make demasking Jason more difficult... which it really is not doing... it is merely making it take longer... Making it take longer to do something easy, is NOT making it more difficult... but it is a start.

I suggested the jumping through windows ONLY if Jason’s sense was nerfed, this way low stamina counselors would actually have a chance to get away from him. I didn’t think about the sense avoidance perks..... so now that makes me think with Jason’s sense nerf I think sense avoidance perks would need to be taken out completely so jason can actually sense counselors. Doing this would allow him to still be able to sense people in his line of sight but it would also give people a little opportunity to run, hide, get found again by Jason, run and hide again, get found once again and possibly get killed/or they live. This would make Jason  more deadly and scary in my opinion and with a stalk buff along with it, you could really scare the shit out of people more often. 

I have had certain Jason players who know how to use stalk scare the shit out of me a few times. But this is very rare to happen. With these changes I’m suggesting I think players would change their play style. Jason players would have to use the little amount of sense they got to find someone then when it runs out they gotta try finding them themselves before they can use sense again. With stalk turned on for a longer period of time, you could jump out at some people with some scares more often then not. Also getting rid of Jason on the map is a good idea to do so people don’t know where he is.... maybe even get rid of the music unless you visually see jason and not when he’s nearby.... and that’s sucks they couldn’t program the furniture idea. That’s be sweet.

Counselors play style would more then likely change to a more stealthy style of gameplay where they actually have a chance to go hide in the woods with Jason nearby looking for them more themselves then with sense. Window hopping wouldn’t be as common. Constantly running, hiding, and dodging shift grabs out in the open would be the new way to survive the night. You could still window hop but it’d more dangerous to do that

It’d take further testing to see how it would work and how balanced it actually would be. Anyways now what do you think after I went over it in this way?

with Jason’s hit points I didn’t think my math over good enough lol

@MovieWatcher101 well some of us want to see the game advance into more of a horror game like it’s supposed to be. I rarely ever get scared playing this game. If I made the game I’d do whatever I could to make it scary as hell. Right now it isn’t scary enough. I want goosebumps when I play this game. Don’t get me wrong I love the game but I want it to feel SCARY!!!

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

If you bad enough to let people like me who play Fox demask you, odds are you deserve it.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

in real life i can demask jason with 1 hit that needs to be fixed in game cuz 3 hits to unmask is unrealistic  also we need more real stamina for the players like in real life i dont get tired in 5 seconds of running   yes im serious

44 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

in real life i can demask jason with 1 hit that needs to be fixed in game cuz 3 hits to unmask is unrealistic  also we need more real stamina for the players like in real life i dont get tired in 5 seconds of running   yes im serious

Call me when that "Jason in real life" situation presents itself, let me know how it went.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

19 hours ago, SDA said:

Call me when that "Jason in real life" situation presents itself, let me know how it went.

I don’t think they’d be calling you... 

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Anyways now what do you think after I went over it in this way?

I think you really take the time to think... and I applaud that. It is far more than most bother with. (examples are at the bottom of this very post).
    I do not think they should get rid of sense avoidance perks nor should they buff them, or nerf than for that matter. Sense spamming only really gives us a chance to see them... how long can Jason stay in one spot spamming sense when he is not seeing them?... It is the sound pings that give people away with these perks, not the sense spamming... I won't go on about this because I was talking about this earlier in another thread.

If Jason could go through windows... I think at the very least... just to balance out the fact that low stamina counselors now have far less opportunities to regain stamina... their stamina would need to be raised. Even with a nerfed sense, most of the time you are chasing someone you can see them... I think many players would find this more frustrating than scary, particularly now that they have a very difficult time getting free stamina from hitting Jason after rage... You know how salty some players can get.
    I would have liked to see Jason coming through windows, but I think the mechanics involved in the chase are why they did not add this.

I am always against nerfing sense as many have suggested... For many reasons that would make a very long list. But I do not think the sense avoidance perks need to be removed either... But remember, the perk rework is coming... eventually... and these perks may be changed or even removed... we just will not know until the rework patch drops.
    Nerfing Jason's sense is going to have the opposite effect here I think, no matter what else you buff on him. Without the constant threat of being seen on his sense, there is less to worry about... and hence, less fear in the game.

In a game where there is no real threat of harm or any kind of real danger... fear beyond a jump scare is incredibly difficult to achieve. After you see it the first time, you will become more and more desensitized to it over time and the fear will quickly be lost no matter what is done. Jump scares are considered to be cheap by many... but they are really all we have to work with that will work consistently.

I think stalk is the best way to create the jump scares with what we have in the game. But as I said... this can be achieved through sneakiness as well. Sense is a big key for this to work though... it allows you to see them while they cannot see you... and if they can see you, stalk fails and the music begins again anyway. It takes boatloads of luck to use stalk effectively without sense as it is now... and the spamming is required here quite often... This is one of the biggest reasons I am against any nerf to sense... it is a nerf to stalk as well.
    If anything... maybe longer stalk... or stalk not wearing down faster when moving (it is done when you are seen either way)... receiving stalk a little sooner would help... but not at the cost of waiting longer for sense or shift. A huge help to stalk would be removing him from the mini map even if he is marked or in someone's line of sight at the time... particularly for a second attempt on a car... but he needs to be put right back on the mini map when marked or seen again, even if he is still in stalk when this happens. Other than this, I think removing him from the mini map entirely is a mistake.
    You dedication to trying to make the game scarier is admirable in my opinion... keep the ideas flowing... You might just come up with that one thing no one has ever thought of that will work... but with this game, it just cannot include new content... That damned no new content thingy sucks.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:06 PM, sedaiv said:

If you bad enough to let people like me who play Fox demask you, odds are you deserve it.

I can remove Jason's mask with A.J. fairly consistently without dying. This is NOT an accomplishment to brag about... it is so simple a child could do it. This in no way means that the Jason player who lost his mask is "bad"... It means it is too easy to remove Jason's mask. This is common knowledge, welcome to the real world.
    If you cannot remove the mask of pretty much EVERY Jason player out there with some form of consistency... then it is you who are "bad", not the Jason player.... So get over yourself and try not to be a troll.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, MovieWatcher101 said:

In real life... if someone was coming at you with an axe, it is more likely you would shit your pants and curl into the fetal position before being dismembered... and pee yourself somewhere in there before you die too... Just like most other people would... This is just a fact that many people will completely deny until they are in such a position... and by then, it is too late.

Good luck with taking off a hockey mask with one swing in real life. Who would be your volunteer?... I can imagine the disclaimer they would need to sign... I will tell you what would happen if you tried though... You would cut up and squash the head wearing it LONG before it gets "knocked off"... because it would be in real life... and that is how flesh handles that type of abuse, even with a hockey mask on... and the abuse a hockey mask of that era can actually take would surprise you.
   Yet it is supposed to be difficult are rare to kill Jason... it is not. But do not worry, more changes will come.

As far as stamina goes... Which counselor is it that runs out of stamina after five seconds?... I also doubt you could run in real life for as long as Vanessa can in game before losing stamina and slowing down... and it would probably take you longer to recover then she does. I play the low stamina counselors almost exclusively and I do quite well with them... I do not see a problem with them at all.

I can't call bullshit with this one though... it may actually be that you can run for more than five seconds.

22 hours ago, Ahab said:

I think you really take the time to think... and I applaud that. It is far more than most bother with. (examples are at the bottom of this very post).
    I do not think they should get rid of sense avoidance perks nor should they buff them, or nerf than for that matter. Sense spamming only really gives us a chance to see them... how long can Jason stay in one spot spamming sense when he is not seeing them?... It is the sound pings that give people away with these perks, not the sense spamming... I won't go on about this because I was talking about this earlier in another thread.

If Jason could go through windows... I think at the very least... just to balance out the fact that low stamina counselors now have far less opportunities to regain stamina... their stamina would need to be raised. Even with a nerfed sense, most of the time you are chasing someone you can see them... I think many players would find this more frustrating than scary, particularly now that they have a very difficult time getting free stamina from hitting Jason after rage... You know how salty some players can get.
    I would have liked to see Jason coming through windows, but I think the mechanics involved in the chase are why they did not add this.

I am always against nerfing sense as many have suggested... For many reasons that would make a very long list. But I do not think the sense avoidance perks need to be removed either... But remember, the perk rework is coming... eventually... and these perks may be changed or even removed... we just will not know until the rework patch drops.
    Nerfing Jason's sense is going to have the opposite effect here I think, no matter what else you buff on him. Without the constant threat of being seen on his sense, there is less to worry about... and hence, less fear in the game.

In a game where there is no real threat of harm or any kind of real danger... fear beyond a jump scare is incredibly difficult to achieve. After you see it the first time, you will become more and more desensitized to it over time and the fear will quickly be lost no matter what is done. Jump scares are considered to be cheap by many... but they are really all we have to work with that will work consistently.

I think stalk is the best way to create the jump scares with what we have in the game. But as I said... this can be achieved through sneakiness as well. Sense is a big key for this to work though... it allows you to see them while they cannot see you... and if they can see you, stalk fails and the music begins again anyway. It takes boatloads of luck to use stalk effectively without sense as it is now... and the spamming is required here quite often... This is one of the biggest reasons I am against any nerf to sense... it is a nerf to stalk as well.
    If anything... maybe longer stalk... or stalk not wearing down faster when moving (it is done when you are seen either way)... receiving stalk a little sooner would help... but not at the cost of waiting longer for sense or shift. A huge help to stalk would be removing him from the mini map even if he is marked or in someone's line of sight at the time... particularly for a second attempt on a car... but he needs to be put right back on the mini map when marked or seen again, even if he is still in stalk when this happens. Other than this, I think removing him from the mini map entirely is a mistake.
    You dedication to trying to make the game scarier is admirable in my opinion... keep the ideas flowing... You might just come up with that one thing no one has ever thought of that will work... but with this game, it just cannot include new content... That damned no new content thingy sucks.

I do take the time to think, I have quite an imagination at times and can come up with some ideas whether they’re good ideas or if they need to be discussed/improved. This is why I enjoy discussing ideas about they game with everyone on this forum. There’s a lot of bright minds here to help out. 

With you saying to buff counselors with lower stamina to higher stamina with Jason’s window hopping buff would be a good approach to take. But without a nerfed sense, I’m trying to think about how Jason could be slowed down? If he kept his current sense he has with a window hopping ability with rage mode on, he’d be extremely difficult to get away from even with Tiffany, Vanessa, and Tommy (the best runners in the game) there wouldn’t be much time to spare to have time to regain stamina due to not being able to stun him in rage and due to the fact you can’t hop in the window and rest for a bit bc Jason is going to coming in right after you..... Either a stamina buff for all counselors would be needed or a sense nerf. It’s hard to say exactly what would be the best fit for this without testing it first. Jason hopping through windows imo would make Jason more aggressive, scary, and the chases would be intense as hell. 

I can see why you are against a sense nerf, you made some good points. But if he did keep his current sense I would not see a window hopping ability to be seen as balanced. Whatever they can do to cause more jump scares and make the game feel more scary to me I’d love that. The stalk buff like you mentioned would be a good start and I wish more players knew how to use it properly. I have came across a couple Jason’s who scared the shit out of me with the stalk ability. Unfortunately, I don’t get these type of jump scares with the majority of Jason players

the new content thing sucks. If I were rich I’d pay them to release new content. And I mean I’d pay them whatever amount necessary to convince them. If only I were a billionaire. I know a certain amount of $ would convince Sean to settle and GUN to release content. Friday is my 2nd favorite franchise with Halloween as 1. Seeing Friday on hold sucks. 

@DontZzz34, I’d like to play a version of your idea, I think it would work better as a hide and seek mode in a Halloween game to be honest. You have quite a few interesting ideas but unfortunately nothing that could be done in the here and now with this game. If we only had the ability to add new modes, I wouldn’t be quite so discouraging in my reply. I will say I especially like the idea of people being pulled through windows though, it would be awesome.