Has anyone ever compared the damage resistance of a 19% Thick Skin and a 20% Thick Skin?

Do you get an extra + Weapon Strength slash or an extra block or something?

• Like 1

17% and up is what you want to have. I'm pretty sure nobody's going to waste the time trying to do damage testing in small enough increments to find out if there's actually a difference between 17 and 20.

Yep I rolled a 20% thickskin and got a 2% thrasher. You could take one more hit from a non-weapon strength jason but if they threw a knive or a weapon strength Jason hit you you'd be downed in the same scenario as regular 18-20 thickskin. Like I took out 2 traps and normal healed I got slashed by a non-weapon strength Jason one game and still ran away but the next with weapon strength and another with a throwing knive I got downed.

19 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

Yep I rolled a 20% thickskin and got a 2% thrasher. You could take one more hit from a non-weapon strength jason but if they threw a knive or a weapon strength Jason hit you you'd be downed in the same scenario as regular 18-20 thickskin. Like I took out 2 traps and normal healed I got slashed by a non-weapon strength Jason one game and still ran away but the next with weapon strength and another with a throwing knive I got downed.

Well your spray isn't fully healing you unless you're running top tier hypo. As far as I could tell there's no benefit piggybacking legendary thrasher on top of thick skin so I wouldn't waste my time or perk slots on that setup.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

Well your spray isn't fully healing you unless you're running to tier hypo. As far as I could tell there's no benefit piggybacking legendary thrasher on top of thick skin so I wouldn't waste my time or perk slots on that setup.

Yeah its honestly way better to just run epic/legendary thick skin and medic/hypochondriac if you have -1% or 0. 

I noticed the Leadfoot Perk doesn't work.

57 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

Yeah its honestly way better to just run epic/legendary thick skin and medic/hypochondriac if you have -1% or 0. 

I run nerves of steel so I can see Jasons shifts on my mini map thick and medic

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I run nerves of steel so I can see Jasons shifts on my mini map thick and medic

The real meta, lol. At least in my opinion, Hypo isn’t worth half what NoS is. 

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah it beats out marathon too. You don't need to sprint as often if you know where Jason's going.

I disagree with this. With marathon u can part deliver quick as hell and get out faster

Let's just say that both marathon and NoS serve a great purpose. I have an epic (+15% -0%) marathon and I equip it on everyone but I'd run an epic NoS too if I had one. Current one I own is a rare (+8% -2%) and don't equip it because of the sprint speed penalty.

Regarding thick skinned though, 17% is enough to take an extra hit when it comes to weapon strength Jasons. A 19-20 % will prevent you to limp after 3 regular weapon strength slashes. (Currently own a rare +16% -1%) 😭

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I disagree with this. With marathon u can part deliver quick as hell and get out faster

I usually don't escape

😎

29 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I usually don't escape

😎

Surviving the night I like marathon more. I Will look at my big map if I get lost. So for surviving the night it doesn’t have as much use to me. So for me, when it comes to NOS It’d mainly be if I’m going for the boat or car. 

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Surviving the night I like marathon more. I Will look at my big map if I get lost. So for surviving the night it doesn’t have as much use to me. So for me, when it comes to NOS It’d mainly be if I’m going for the boat or car. 

Whatever works for you is fine with me I guess. However NOS has multiple uses (knowing where Jason is, which way he's shifting, being able to navigate easily while escaping with or without max fear etc.) and marathon only has one use (100 feet extra distance on a full sprint or a little bit longer on a jog) which, unless you're running no fear Jenny, is null and void if you get caught outside while Jason's around (or in the dark inside a cabin, or even in the light inside a cabin if you've taken damage). 

55 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Whatever works for you is fine with me I guess. However NOS has multiple uses (knowing where Jason is, which way he's shifting, being able to navigate easily while escaping with or without max fear etc.) and marathon only has one use (100 feet extra distance on a full sprint or a little bit longer on a jog) which, unless you're running no fear Jenny, is null and void if you get caught outside while Jason's around (or in the dark inside a cabin, or even in the light inside a cabin if you've taken damage). 

I always run Jason around in the open outside without nerves of steel and he misses his grabs/shift grabs pretty much every time. It’s far from ineffective. It’s more effective for me to run marathon because I can give him the run around forever without having any worries of losing all my stamina. 

Marathon you get places quicker, deliver parts faster, less likely to lose all stamina, you can handle a 10+ minute non stop chase more effectively, etc it’s got more then one use to lol 

47 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I always run Jason around in the open outside without nerves of steel and he misses his grabs/shift grabs pretty much every time. It’s far from ineffective. It’s more effective for me to run marathon because I can give him the run around forever without having any worries of losing all my stamina. 

Marathon you get places quicker, deliver parts faster, less likely to lose all stamina, you can handle a 10+ minute non stop chase more effectively, etc it’s got more then one use to lol 

Lol yeah well they're not all always trying to land a shift grab. Some of them are trying to get you to burn your stamina. Probably boils down to personal preference.

I still have yet to run into anyone that swears by aquanaut or quiet swimmer. I'm thinking about ditching NOS for heavy mover. Think it'd be OP asf if they ever come out with a map full of doors. Or the flare gun perk. There's another worthless perk. They might as well get rid of that one.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol yeah well they're not all always trying to land a shift grab. Some of them are trying to get you to burn your stamina. Probably boils down to personal preference.

I still have yet to run into anyone that swears by aquanaut or quiet swimmer. I'm thinking about ditching NOS for heavy mover. Think it'd be OP asf if they ever come out with a map full of doors. Or the flare gun perk. There's another worthless perk. They might as well get rid of that one.

You ain’t gonna burn all ur stamina with marathon tho lol but nos and marathon both are great for surviving the night. Depends on ur play style. Sometimes I like to jog/sprint him a long ways before I go jump in a window to regain stamina. 

Id keep nos over heavy mover. Nos will be there for you more then heavy mover. You can usually get doors locked quick enough before he arrives. 

Theres a lot of useless perks. The only perks I find most useful and worth using are marathon, thick skin, medic, sense avoidance perks, nerves of steel, lone wolf, my dads a cop, sucker punch, swift attacker, night owl 

23 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Id keep nos over heavy mover. Nos will be there for you more then heavy mover. You can usually get doors locked quick enough before he arrives. 

I was joking of course 😂

23 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Theres a lot of useless perks. The only perks I find most useful and worth using are marathon, thick skin, medic, sense avoidance perks, nerves of steel, lone wolf, my dads a cop, sucker punch, swift attacker, night owl, restful, maybe I’m missing some but that’s the main ones I’ve noticed are good

Nerves, marathon, thick, medic, preparedness (just for no fear Jenny). Hypos probably not the worst perk but there's usually plenty of spray on the map by the time you need one. Sucker and my dad's a cop are situational but decent. I wouldn't waste a perk slot on my dad's a cop though. And the only way I'd run sucker was if I was in a Jason kill squad and I wanted a guaranteed drop. The rest are garbage imo. 

Here's a video from a survive the night tournament I recently played in showing a pretty decent example of why I value NOS over marathon. Not that I didn't run low on Stam from time to time, but overall it was nice to know where Jason was on my mini map...

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I was joking of course 😂

Nerves, marathon, thick, medic, preparedness (just for no fear Jenny). Hypos probably not the worst perk but there's usually plenty of spray on the map by the time you need one. Sucker and my dad's a cop are situational but decent. I wouldn't waste a perk slot on my dad's a cop though. And the only way I'd run sucker was if I was in a Jason kill squad and I wanted a guaranteed drop. The rest are garbage imo. 

Here's a video from a survive the night tournament I recently played in showing a pretty decent example of why I value NOS over marathon. Not that I didn't run low on Stam from time to time, but overall it was nice to know where Jason was on my mini map...

Marathon or sucker punch, thick skin, and medic are the main ones I use for Tiff and Vanessa, and Chad. Sense avoidance with AJ and Deborah I find effective. I more stay quiet and repair with them and more distract Jason, repair, or deliver parts with tiff, Chad, and Vanessa. Just depends what I feel like doing at the time. 

I can see the value you see in nos. I can tell keeping ur mini map is an effective tool. But I’m fine without having a mini map, I really only need my mini map for car and boat chases. When it comes down to choosing nos or marathon I think it’s just personal preference, if you care about keeping ur mini map, you want to go for car or boat, and it helps you keep track of Jason’s position then run nos or if you wanna be able to run for a longer period of time to be able to loot quicker, deliver parts faster, give longer chases, etc. then u pick marathon. They both serve different purposes and are really effective in their own way. 

Ohhh another thing. I got Thickskin and Hypochondriac

18 - Damage

And 19% healing no penalty

With those two perks I am able to hit two traps heal and take a throwing knive afterwards. Pretty OD it made me actually gasp when it happened for the first time as I got a free escape from Jason. The old Hypochondriac with 20% -1% didn't do that so its pretty sick.

17+ thick skin is what you want. As long as you have no negative of more damage taken on any of your other perks then you get your OP health. Medic is better than hypo because you can get 2 uses of spray. For the last slot run whatever suits your play style or whatever will boost your counselor the most. Personally, I run nerves of steel on the fast ones and marathon on the slow ones. 

• Like 1