Sign in to follow this  
Polaris88

Another Jason Rework.

I have no idea if this will be possible due to the lawsuit although i see it as balance changes, We have seen the part 7 rework where he got buffed so here is my argument:

Part 4 Jason was really aggressive in the Final Chapter but in-game he is so weak compared to the other Jason's, To encourage players to play him more i believe he needs to be buffed at least changing his -shift and maybe changing it to a +shift (getting rid of the +weapon strength) and giving him less health points to go on the fact that he was killed in the movie. I think it would be powerful for a running Jason to have +shift (maybe a bit too overpowered)  and replacing the -water speed with -morph.

@mattshotcha  Would another Jason rework be possible?

• Thanks 2

I’m not sure why you would suggest he needs less health points. All of the Jason’s if anything need more HP

42 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’m not sure why you would suggest he needs less health points. All of the Jason’s if anything need more HP

I think it would have went along with the fact that he was killed in the movie but i see your point. I feel that Jason still needs to be a tad stronger to help him early game.

14 minutes ago, Polaris88 said:

I think it would have went along with the fact that he was killed in the movie but i see your point. I feel that Jason still needs to be a tad stronger to help him early game.

It’s just the fact that Jason is already easy to kill because his mask falls off too easy. 

Btw welcome to the forums!

Great thread, and I'm completely on board with a rework. I've listed my thoughts on it in another thread, but since Matt has been tagged here I'll re-post my two cents;

Ted White's #1 priority in playing the role was to make Jason faster, and he did this beautifully. I believe he should be the fastest Jason in the game. Buff his normal run, and bump it to where he closes the gap on joggers quicker. Honestly, this one change could negate the need to make his shift faster. His slow water speed is fine, as we didn't get any scenes in the film that suggested he was a shark like Part 8 who swam overnight to Manhattan in the Atlantic Ocean. His destruction should stay right where it is, as he plowed through a cabin door late in The Final Chapter with ease.

• Like 3

He was definitely the most inaccurate Jason in terms of stats. The devs misfired on Part 4.

I'd say Part 3, 6 and the old Part 7 were pretty close to accurate, even though the old Part 7 was dreadful from a gameplay perspective.

What it should be really.

+ Can Run

+ Shift (Only running Jason with it)

+ Destruction

- Traps

- Defense

- Less Hit Points

I remember when they introduced Part 4 that they said they would not change his run speed compared to Part 2 and Part 3 on twitter. With that in mind, the + shift makes it up for it as he is the only running Jason with it.

His Water Speed for me should be neutral.

Others have made the suggestion to remove Can Run/Can't Run as Strength/Weaknesses for all Jasons and instead just built in background mechanisms so they don't take up a slot.

In which case, if that happened...

My take on all the Jasons

Part 2

+ Stalk

+ Traps

+ Sense

- Grip Strength

- Water Speed

- Shift

Part 3

+ Weapon Strength

+ Grip Strength

+ Defense

- Stun Resistance

- Stalk

- Sense

Part 4

+ Destruction

+ Shift

+ Water Speed

- Traps

- Less Hit Points

- Defense

Roy (Non Canon Running)

+ Throwing Knives

+ Weapon Strength

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Roy (Canon Non Running)

+ Traps

+ Weapon Strength

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Part 6

+ Throwing Knives

+ Shift

+ Sense

- Morph

- Defense

- Water Speed

Part 7

+ Water Speed

+ Stalk

+ Weapon Strength

- Traps

- Sense

- Stun Resistance

Part 8

+ Morph

+ Destruction

+ Water Speed

- Sense

- Grip Strength

- Stalk

Part 9

+ Stun Resistance

+ More Hit Points (Was Killed by a special dagger, nothing else)

+ Shift

- Traps

- Sense

- Defense

Uber/Jason X

+ Grip Strength

+ Destruction

+ Stun Resistance

- Sense

- Stalk

- Morph

Savini

+ Destruction

+ Weapon Strength

+ Shift

- Water Speed

- Grip Strength

- Morph

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

He was definitely the most inaccurate Jason in terms of stats. The devs misfired on Part 4.

I'd say Part 3, 6 and the old Part 7 were pretty close to accurate, even though the old Part 7 was dreadful from a gameplay perspective.

What it should be really.

+ Can Run

+ Shift (Only running Jason with it)

+ Destruction

- Traps

- Defense

- Less Hit Points

I remember when they introduced Part 4 that they said they would not change his run speed compared to Part 2 and Part 3 on twitter. With that in mind, the + shift makes it up for it as he is the only running Jason with it.

His Water Speed for me should be neutral.

Others have made the suggestion to remove Can Run/Can't Run as Strength/Weaknesses for all Jasons and instead just built in background mechanisms so they don't take up a slot.

In which case, if that happened...

My take on all the Jasons

Part 2

+ Stalk

+ Traps

+ Sense

- Grip Strength

- Water Speed

- Shift

Part 3

+ Weapon Strength

+ Grip Strength

+ Defense

- Stun Resistance

- Stalk

- Sense

Part 4

+ Destruction

+ Shift

+ Water Speed

- Traps

- Less Hit Points

- Defense

Roy (Non Canon Running)

+ Throwing Knives

+ Weapon Strength

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Roy (Canon Non Running)

+ Traps

+ Weapon Strength

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Stun Resistance

- Defense

Part 6

+ Throwing Knives

+ Shift

+ Sense

- Morph

- Defense

- Water Speed

Part 7

+ Water Speed

+ Stalk

+ Weapon Strength

- Traps

- Sense

- Stun Resistance

Part 8

+ Morph

+ Destruction

+ Water Speed

- Sense

- Grip Strength

- Stalk

Part 9

+ Stun Resistance

+ More Hit Points (Was Killed by a special dagger, nothing else)

+ Shift

- Traps

- Sense

- Defense

Uber/Jason X

+ Grip Strength

+ Destruction

+ Stun Resistance

- Sense

- Stalk

- Morph

Savini

+ Destruction

+ Weapon Strength

+ Shift

- Water Speed

- Grip Strength

- Morph

I completely agree with your part 4 stats and if they do decide to put the can/can't run into background mechanics then i agree with all of your stat choices aswell, you would have made it much more balanced.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Polaris88 said:

I have no idea if this will be possible due to the lawsuit although i see it as balance changes, We have seen the part 7 rework where he got buffed so here is my argument:

Part 4 Jason was really aggressive in the Final Chapter but in-game he is so weak compared to the other Jason's, To encourage players to play him more i believe he needs to be buffed at least changing his -shift and maybe changing it to a +shift (getting rid of the +weapon strength) and giving him less health points to go on the fact that he was killed in the movie. I think it would be powerful for a running Jason to have +shift (maybe a bit too overpowered)  and replacing the -water speed with -morph.

@mattshotcha  Would another Jason rework be possible?

While I'm 99% sure it falls under the category of balancing, which is ok with the current status, I'm not sure about priority right now. Reason I say so is because as you all know, we have some things we're putting at priority one right now that are more about improving the experience overall and squashing some bugs.

But, it can be tabled for the moment and revisited as priorities shift and change.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

While I'm 99% sure it falls under the category of balancing, which is ok with the current status, I'm not sure about priority right now. Reason I say so is because as you all know, we have some things we're putting at priority one right now that are more about improving the experience overall and squashing some bugs.

But, it can be tabled for the moment and revisited as priorities shift and change.

Thanks for the clarification, good to know that it might become one of the main priority's.

Part IV definitely needs a rework. 

He's the last Jason to unlock, was a bad ass in the movie, and is easily the worst Jason in the game.

Should have Destruction, Weapon Strength, Shift 

And then - traps - grip strength - stalk

I don't recall Part IV having any real weaknesses in the movie, other than being gullible and dumb at the end with Tommy.  None of the Jasons in the original movies set any traps so it's not a real weakness, obviously it is in terms of game play but whatever.  Grip strength is absolutely meaningless in this game and stalk as a weakness is meh. 

The rework someone suggested in this thread with - defense and - hit points is absolutely a horrendous idea.  Want to make a Jason completely useless and have no one ever want to use him?  Give him both of those weaknesses.  He'd be demasked in the first 30 seconds every match.  And thus killed 9 times out of 10. 

8 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Part IV definitely needs a rework. 

He's the last Jason to unlock, was a bad ass in the movie, and is easily the worst Jason in the game.

Should have Destruction, Weapon Strength, Shift 

And then - traps - grip strength - stalk

I don't recall Part IV having any real weaknesses in the movie, other than being gullible and dumb at the end with Tommy.  None of the Jasons in the original movies set any traps so it's not a real weakness, obviously it is in terms of game play but whatever.  Grip strength is absolutely meaningless in this game and stalk as a weakness is meh. 

The rework someone suggested in this thread with - defense and - hit points is absolutely a horrendous idea.  Want to make a Jason completely useless and have no one ever want to use him?  Give him both of those weaknesses.  He'd be demasked in the first 30 seconds every match.  And thus killed 9 times out of 10. 

Part IV would def be a top tier Jason if he had this added. 

6 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Part IV would def be a top tier Jason if he had this added. 

Part IV should be a top tier.  I think he was the best Jason, in movie terms, pre-zombie.  That, combined with the fact he's the last Jason to unlock should make him a top choice.

As it is now, Roy and Part III are top choices and you get them right out of the box. 

Makes no sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Part IV should be a top tier.  I think he was the best Jason, in movie terms, pre-zombie.  That, combined with the fact he's the last Jason to unlock should make him a top choice.

As it is now, Roy and Part III are top choices and you get them right out of the box. 

Makes no sense to me. 

I agree I think part 4 was a badass in the movie as well. He was so damn aggressive and fast. I think his running speed could be increased as well a little bit. 

In my opinion I actually consider part 8 to be 2nd best behind savini. I think this bc he’s really good at stopping the car, boat, and has 5 traps. So stopping the counselors from escaping is his strength. However if you’re dealing with a kill squad he’s a bit weaker due to not having weapon strength

Honestly my only qualms with Part 4 & 7 are this...

Part 4 strengths

+ Weapon Damage
+ Weapon Destruction
+ Can Run (Including able to catch up to & outpace councilors)

Part 4 Weaknesses
- Water Speed
- Traps
- Less Hit Points

Part 7 Strengths
+ Weapon Damage
+ Water Speed
+ Sense

Part 7 Weaknesses
- Can't Run
- Traps
- Grip Strength (There's NO REASON -Stun Resistance should be a weakness, Jason only got stunned by Telepathy which had NO defense for so that shouldn't count as we have no Telepaths)