gmintz09

What action by counselors irritates you most as Jason?

What action by counselors irritates you most as Jason?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What action by counselors irritates you most as Jason?

• You finally grab them and before you can get a kill....they fall out of your hands (because they quit the match).
    • Teabagging, dancing, flickering lights, general taunting, etc.
    • Glitching on/in areas you can't reach (i.e. a roof)
    • Someone gets the car going and drives it around the map aimlessly trolling you.
    • Having a piñata party and teaming up against you at the beginning (before rage sets in).
    • Committing suicide so you can't get credit for the kill.
    • Other (please specify in the comments)

Just curious what people have to say.  

I've run into a lot of frustrating actions by players and wondered what grinds everyone else's gears the most. 

ETA: @DontZzz34 made a complimentary thread asking what action by Jason bothers you most - go VOTE

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

so what has been frustrating you?

I've run into all the above, but the one that probably bugs me the most is when they fall out of your hands right as you get them because they know they're screwed and can't take the loss.  To me, that's a very cheap thing to do, especially if they have given you the run around and you finally manage to get them.  I'm perfectly fine with a run around - I enjoy it.  However, if you've been bested, take the loss.  Just my opinion.  

• Like 1

S

31 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

I've run into all the above, but the one that probably bugs me the most is when they fall out of your hands right as you get them because they know they're screwed and can't take the loss.  To me, that's a very cheap thing to do, especially if they have given you the run around and you finally manage to get them.  I'm perfectly fine with a run around - I enjoy it.  However, if you've been bested, take the loss.  Just my opinion.  

Yeah quitting when I grab them, suicide, large groups or entire lobby fighting Jason, and glitching annoys me the most. And with teabagging/trolling/dancing or trolling with the car I laugh when they do this to me because I typically beat their asses in the ground and stop the car or If people wanna try stunning me so they can dance on me I often can block their attack and kill them instead of getting stunned (as long as their buddies aren’t there to hit me when I grab them) I don’t get stunned near as often as I used to.

Tea-bagging/dancing on Jason when he's down are by far my greatest pet peeves in this game. I have an absolute murderous hatred for counselors who do that shit (yes, I'm serious) to the point that if it happens to me even one single time, I'm going to go out of my way to be the biggest asshole I possibly can to everyone that's still alive. This includes things such as: camping the boat exit and waiting until the last possible second before flipping it over and drowning you literally two feet from freedom, slashing you to near death and leaving you crippled but without actually killing you, killing a part-carrying counselor and Stalk-camping near the part they dropped just so I can kill you when you try to come get it, and several others things.

4 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Tea-bagging/dancing on Jason when he's down are by far my greatest pet peeves in this game. I have an absolute murderous hatred for counselors who do that shit (yes, I'm serious) to the point that if it happens to me even one single time, I'm going to go out of my way to be the biggest asshole I possibly can to everyone that's still alive. This includes things such as: camping the boat exit and waiting until the last possible second before flipping it over and drowning you literally two feet from freedom, slashing you to near death and leaving you crippled but without actually killing you, killing a part-carrying counselor and Stalk-camping near the part they dropped just so I can kill you when you try to come get it, and several others things.

Why would you make every other counselors gameplay shitty if one counselor was BM’ing you? I can understand if multiple were being toxic but if that one Vanessa wants to teabag you then why not solely make her game hell? You’re only spreading the toxicity that the one counselor created...

• Like 1

The glitchers! I hate it when mics are in the lobby bragging about how easy it is glitching up on the roof like a bunch know it alls.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Why would you make every other counselors gameplay shitty if one counselor was BM’ing you? I can understand if multiple were being toxic but if that one Vanessa wants to teabag you then why not solely make her game hell? You’re only spreading the toxicity that the one counselor created...

Why does everyone use the word 'toxic' so much nowadays?

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

lol.. I do the same shit.

I love it when I save that one person for last.  And then just drag the game on while they limp around..  Until they beg Jason to kill them.  

BEG for it BITCH!   Like a dog!...

WooOOF!

23 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Because people refuse to take responsibility for their actions. They use childish rationalizations to excuse behaviour as inconsequential, even while getting enjoyment out of those very consequences. Think about it, would someone troll you like happens in games, in real life without you giving them consequences for their actions. Wouldn’t most of society shame them for their behaviour. Instead they’re rewarded, twice. Once when they’re toxic and again when they escape the consequences by moving to a new lobby or bragging about how skilled they are, to a society (the toxic fucks) that reward them for being toxic.

To the OP

As for what irritates me the most, it’s players thinking they’re good because they’re running the best build and Counselor. If you’re running the meta you’re not good, good is running the worst and outplaying all those who are. Good is using strategy and tactics, not hiding behind an given advantage. 

Rage quiters, just give me more time to hunt other Counselors, they hurt the team.

Taunting can be a tactic but generally it just shows weakness, they aren’t taking the time to plan their next move. 

Glitchers are mostly just putting themselves on time out, so fuck’em, they can stay on time out. 

Enjoy your drive, I’ll be murdering your friends. 

Pinata parties only bother me as a Counselor, as Jason you’re just making it easier on me. That said I have had games where being on my back was beyond frustrating, that’s on the mechanics not the players though. It takes almost no skill to stun Jason. 

Suicide, everyone’s dead... Jason wins. 

I think I’ve become accustomed to all kinds of jackassery by now. The only thing that truly bothers me right now is when the controls don’t behave the way they should.  Working hard to catch somebody only to not have the grab promps pop up even though there is plenty of room to initiate the kill. Grabs that go through people. Things like that. 

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Because people refuse to take responsibility for their actions. They use childish rationalizations to excuse behaviour as inconsequential, even while getting enjoyment out of those very consequences. Think about it, would someone troll you like happens in games, in real life without you giving them consequences for their actions. Wouldn’t most of society shame them for their behaviour. Instead they’re rewarded, twice. Once when they’re toxic and again when they escape the consequences by moving to a new lobby or bragging about how skilled they are, to a society (the toxic fucks) that reward them for being toxic.

Maybe its just me..  

But theres better words instead of toxic.  Toxic to me sounds like a blanket statement type word.  Like troll.

I mean.. I always see people use the word troll like its always bad thing..  And the word troll can sometimes be used to shut down valid comments because people don't like whats being said.

I mean.. if someone is being 'toxic'..  What does it actually mean?   Someone being a prick and you're a prick back and come out on top, doesn't seem toxic to me.  That to me is justice...

The rage quitters are the worst, to me.
At least with the piñata parties and driving around in the car you can somewhat justify it as strategy. Maybe the lobby is going for the kill, and turning laps in the car is a good distraction tactic. I only get annoyed with that when they're the last ones left and they refuse to leave so we can all get on with our lives. The Dale Jr. wannabes who are able to drive at top speed, in reverse, through the woods without ever hitting a rock or tree amaze me as much as annoy me.
The tea bagging and dancing doesn't bother me that much anymore. It's just part of the game. Sometimes I'll even do it if I'm not trying to escape from Jason.
The glitchers are a close second on the hate list because at the end of the day they're just wasting everybody's time for no good reason.

Basically, anybody who wastes time in this game for no good reason annoys me. Whether it's the counselor who hides the whole game, the guy who tries to bleed out the clock for 12 minutes after everyone else is dead, the trolling Vanessas and Chads, the glitchers (especially the ones who use health sprays when you do hit them with a knife) or the Dale Jr. wannabes who try to show off how cool they are when you're letting them go all piss me off to some degree.

But the rage quitters ... fuck those guys. They are just the worst because they encompass almost every gripe on the list and then a few that have been mentioned by other people. They troll. They talk undeserved shit on the mic because they're playing as a Vanessa with every beneficial perk known to man. They have the supernatural ability to find three pocket knives and an endless supply of health sprays. After fighting your way through all of that for 10 minutes, you finally grab them and they quit. And then they usually go on to brag about how they've never been killed.
FTG.

Of the options in the poll, glitchers annoy me the most. I see it as a statement of their poor character as people, not just players in the game, and unless they're children I generally think of them as lowlife trash (and I'm not generally the type to look down on other people in that way).

Sometimes there'll be someone who's just doing it for a laugh and leaves the spot, but those who routinely glitch and will do it till the time runs out and waste everyone else's time are up there (or more accurately, down there) with the lowest of the low as far as the player base of this game goes. Another thing that irks me which I occasionally see, counselors playing selfishly - even if I'm Jason it bothers me, because I'm someone who finds it rewarding to help out even complete strangers who might not always "deserve" it, because it feels good to be good to others.

A few days ago I was Jason and some moron came back as Tommy. Some kid playing as AJ tanked the door trap at the car and couldn't heal themselves, I morphed to them and they were politely asking Tommy if he had a spray and he ignored them. I threw knives at him till he was crippled and unsurprisingly he used his med spray, then I tunneled him till he was dead and let the kid and the other counselor who was still alive escape, shifting around in circles and not bothering to stop the car.  

Back to the main topic though - cancerous cheating scum. I've had some great moments messing with glitchers lately - a while ago this moron who used to play under a different name but got a bad rep for being a complete piece of shit was trying to do the Packanack roof glitch. I ran into the trap he'd just set and immediately healed myself, then drew Jason (not a friend of mine, some low level noob Jason) to us, ultimately the cretin ragequit while Jason was giving him that savage one handed choke, effectively ending his peckerwood dreams of rooftop chicanery once and for all.

Here's the video of what I described in the above paragraph - I always save stuff like this. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Maybe its just me..  it is.

But theres better words instead of toxic.  Yet none are provided in your example.

Toxic to me sounds like a blanket statement type word.  It can be, when referring to those who are toxic. 

Like troll. Troll can be used in different ways, context matters.

I mean.. I always see people use the word troll like its always bad thing..  because in the context they are using it, it is a bad thing.

And the word troll can sometimes be used to shut down valid comments because people don't like whats being said. It can be but is unlikely, if what is being said has merit. This point isn’t really connected to the greater whole of the discussion. 

I mean.. if someone is being 'toxic'..  What does it actually mean?  See below.

Someone being a prick and you're a prick back and come out on top, doesn't seem toxic to me.  You’re focusing on one small part, not discussing the greater whole. In this context both parties may be toxic. 

That to me is justice... You don’t understand justice and this is a good example of a childish rationalization. 

Umm, are you being serious. Did you read my response and just not understand? It means, they are behaving in a way that shows no responsibility for their actions. (This is a very broad explanation for the way toxic is used in connection with gaming, but it answers your initial question.)

robbing jason of his kills goes against jason code. ive had campers message me BRAGGING that they quit before the kill, as if claiming victory! HA! nonsense. make no mistake, quitting before the kill is a dispicable act of weakness, and is one of the most dishonorable ways to lose. even more so than killing yourself. steve cristy would never hire a quitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Umm, are you being serious. Did you read my response and just not understand? It means, they are behaving in a way that shows no responsibility for their actions. (This is a very broad explanation for the way toxic is used in connection with gaming, but it answers your initial question.)

I am being serious.  Its why I don't use the word toxic. 

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

"Toxic" and "Troll" are two of the most overused words on the forum.

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think I’ve become accustomed to all kinds of jackassery by now. The only thing that truly bothers me right now is when the controls don’t behave the way they should.  Working hard to catch somebody only to not have the grab promps pop up even though there is plenty of room to initiate the kill. Grabs that go through people. Things like that. 

At some point, players have to get used to the wild and weird phenomena in this game.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

What exactly do you want me to describe their gameplay play as? Childish? Being an asshole? 

Toxic is just a broad statement of gameplay that takes the enjoyment away from others. It is overused but it’s a simple word to use.

Besides that...there isn’t a reason to be an ass to all players in the game when only one player has teabagged you. It’s only spreading that kind of gameplay. Which is why a majority of the playerbase plays the way they do. It’s not just this game, but any online game.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It takes almost no skill to stun Jason.

I agree with this when it comes to stunning the majority of Jason players but as Jason, really what players lack is thinking smart to not let them stun you by blocking more. The majority of Jason players don’t use this mechanic in the game and I would say it’s more on the person playing as Jason’s fault for not utilizing a good game mechanic. 99% of the time I’ll notice Jason players won’t even utilize blocking, not even once. Most Jason players get themselves stunned by not playing smart and letting counselors bait them into missing grabs and getting it punished the entire time

16 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I agree with this when it comes to stunning the majority of Jason players but as Jason, really what players lack is thinking smart to not let them stun you by blocking more. The majority of Jason players don’t use this mechanic in the game and I would say it’s more on the person playing as Jason’s fault for not utilizing a good game mechanic. 99% of the time I’ll notice Jason players won’t even utilize blocking, not even once. Most Jason players get themselves stunned by not playing smart and letting counselors bait them into missing grabs and getting it punished the entire time

I agree with your points too, most Jason’s could stand to use block in specific situations, like entering back rooms they know a persons going to stun them coming out of or even front doors. I’ve tried coaching Jason’s but then they get offended, lol.

A little off topic but one of the reasons I don’t tend to use combat stance for much other than doors/windows is it’s lock on is so annoying. I miss more swings when locked on then when I can control the swipe and put them on my right side. 

I still have quite a bit to learn as Jason and could probably stand to use block more, no one but skilled hunters ever try though so getting practice has been painful, lol.

Nothing is more annoying than all the Jason helpers. Jason doesn't need and should not need help especially after the new rage. But the devs refuse to address this issue (shocker) so I'll continue to glitch everytime I run into a group of teamers. 

12 minutes ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

Nothing is more annoying than all the Jason helpers. Jason doesn't need and should not need help especially after the new rage. But the devs refuse to address this issue (shocker) so I'll continue to glitch everytime I run into a group of teamers. 

I can’t believe I forgot about this one. YES teamers is 1st on my list of things I hate the most. 

31 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I agree with your points too, most Jason’s could stand to use block in specific situations, like entering back rooms they know a persons going to stun them coming out of or even front doors. I’ve tried coaching Jason’s but then they get offended, lol.

A little off topic but one of the reasons I don’t tend to use combat stance for much other than doors/windows is it’s lock on is so annoying. I miss more swings when locked on then when I can control the swipe and put them on my right side. 

I still have quite a bit to learn as Jason and could probably stand to use block more, no one but skilled hunters ever try though so getting practice has been painful, lol.

For Jason and the counselors I like combat stance for the most part. For Jason have you ever tried a light attack in combat stance? It’s a lot more accurate then the heavy attack. The heavy attack is hard to land accurately. To light attack you just lightly tap the right trigger when in combat stance. It’s pretty much like a regular swing. Good to use this when fighting groups of people. Block, let them hit, then swing again hit them, block again etc 

Blocking has helped me tremendously ever since I started using it so you should really give it a go! And you mean like no one ever really tries fighting you anyway? Quite often there will be plenty of times counselors wanna go head to head and fight me. I absolutely love it when they do that 😁 

i like blocking when I am coming around a corner so a sneaky counselor doesn’t hit me when I come around, with groups, and if someone wants to go head to head in a fight. This is when I see blocking as a very useful tactic

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I can’t believe I forgot about this one. YES teamers is 1st on my list of things I hate the most. 

Teamers are a nuisance, I got nothing witty to add though.

For Jason and the counselors I like combat stance for the most part. For Jason have you ever tried a light attack in combat stance? It’s a lot more accurate then the heavy attack. The heavy attack is hard to land accurately. To light attack you just lightly tap the right trigger when in combat stance 

I can do the light attack it’s having the opportunity to do it that rarely happens, I just don’t maneuver as well when slowed and it throws the timing off. 

Blocking has helped me tremendously ever since I started using it so you should really give it a go! And you mean like no one ever really tries fighting you anyway? Quite often there will be plenty of times counselors wanna go head to head and fight me. I absolutely love it when they do that 😁 

I do use block, just not as often as I should. People do try fighting but mostly that just means they die, not bragging it’s just that most players aren’t doing anything new. You can push them where you want them and I see nothing wrong with slashing them to limping or grabbing them around corners. Using grab only when it’s beneficial or divide and conquering a small group. Throwing knives, beartraps (Counselor and mine) are all tools to get them weak. I rarely let Counselors control combat, I’ll kill someone who’s hiding in the bushes and talk shit to the people who want my attention. Unfortunately that means I don’t spend a lot of time standing and getting a fight. Objectives are the only way for them to force my hand as Jason, it’s probably also why that last Vanessa gives me fits, lol. They never engage because of rage, it’s only downside as far as I can see. 

i like blocking when I am coming around a corner so a sneaky counselor doesn’t hit me when I come around, with groups, and if someone wants to go head to head in a fight. This is when I see blocking as a very useful tactic

I’ve noticed if someone wants a head to head fight and I block, suddenly they no longer want that straight fight. It’s all window looping from then on. People walk into a lot of my grabs too, they’re thinking their swift attacker perk is going to save them while eating a throwing knife. It’s probably why Part 5 is my favourite after Savini, I just wish he had destruction (part 5, I mean).

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Consider it an incentive for counselors to play the game without acting like a bunch of shitheads. Also, I don't think it has ever been just one counselor doing it (I may be wrong, but I doubt it) unless it was a very small lobby.

Jog jog jog jog SPRINT! can't catch due to grab, jog jog jog jog jog.

The old grab needs to come back.

Taunting and name calling.

Exploiters and speedhackers.

• Like 1