Jump to content

Should we be able to hold more perks?  

19 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we be able to hold more perks?

    • Yes - We should have space to hold at least one of each perk by name.
    • No - We should make due with the space we have and choose wisely.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I don't know if this is permissible, but it would be a nice option down the road.

@mattshotcha, would the developers ever consider this?

It came up as a question in a Beyond episode, I think Wes said it was a good idea but low priority. Maybe Shifty will sneak it in the Perk rework, 😏.

I’d very much like a larger library but that probably doesn’t surprise anyone here, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you mean by there name in game then no if wes and company can't add a tree or a rock that's already in game then they can't add an extra perk slot to me that's new content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It came up as a question in a Beyond episode, I think Wes said it was a good idea but low priority. Maybe Shifty will sneak it in the Perk rework, 😏.

I’d very much like a larger library but that probably doesn’t surprise anyone here, lol.

I'm fine with waiting, if it were to be an option to extend the number of perks one can hold. As there are more important matters to fix, it can come later.

26 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

if you mean by there name in game then no if wes and company can't add a tree or a rock that's already in game then they can't add an extra perk slot to me that's new content

I am not referring to a 4th slot in game. I mean increasing the capacity beyond 30, so we could eventually hold at least one of each perk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly we should've had a better perk collection IMO. Probably a 999 limit and have the option to sort our perks in alphabetical order, rarity, ownership, percentages and recently acquired. Perks that we don't own should still show up in the collection but greyed out. Sadly this won't ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem from the beginning was casino perks and not a simple level progression system where we purchase content with CP or earn by completing achievements. 

As for the system currently, we should have a slot for each named perk. With any update, a perk that was worthless before may become valuable. Remember during the Jason reign when we equipped the perk to get the car started faster because his stun time was so low. Now no one uses it. 

I think another reason it would be nice is so I dont have to delete 3 perks, roll 3, delete until I am getting legendaries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rolling perks would've been fine if there was a different type of currency that you get after "Selling/destroying" perks, and that said currency you use to craft the perk you want.

For example:

Currently you spend 500 CP to roll a perk, say you get an epic aquanaut but you don't want it so you destroy it and get 100 "perk scraps".

Now you go to the perk collection and you can craft a common medic for 500 scraps or a Legendary one for 10.000 scraps.

Of course the lower the rarity the lesser perk scraps you get after destroying it.

Just an idea that would've made perk-a-lotto more bearable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Rolling perks would've been fine if there was a different type of currency that you get after "Selling/destroying" perks, and that said currency you use to craft the perk you want.

For example:

Currently you spend 500 CP to roll a perk, say you get an epic aquanaut but you don't want it so you destroy it and get 100 "perk scraps".

Now you go to the perk collection and you can craft a common medic for 500 scraps or a Legendary one for 10.000 scraps.

Of course the lower the rarity the lesser perk scraps you get after destroying it.

Just an idea that would've made perk-a-lotto more bearable.

I actually really like this idea. It’s an interesting take on perk upgrading.

18 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

a simple level progression system where we purchase content with CP or earn by completing achievements. 

I really hope this is how it works in any future games, as much as I’d like small improvements that Mike suggested, a whole new system would be preferable. One were hard work are rewarded and luck is only a small part, if at all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike-hannigan said:

Rolling perks would've been fine if there was a different type of currency that you get after "Selling/destroying" perks, and that said currency you use to craft the perk you want.

For example:

Currently you spend 500 CP to roll a perk, say you get an epic aquanaut but you don't want it so you destroy it and get 100 "perk scraps".

Now you go to the perk collection and you can craft a common medic for 500 scraps or a Legendary one for 10.000 scraps.

Of course the lower the rarity the lesser perk scraps you get after destroying it.

Just an idea that would've made perk-a-lotto more bearable.

I have to agree with @Slasher_Clone, this is a great idea

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys think Jason gets trolled too much now? Add another perk slot and see how bad it gets...

Edit: lol nevermind I read the rest of the thread. But still no from me. I don't use 27 of the perks I have now. What's the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You guys think Jason gets trolled too much now? Add another perk slot and see how bad it gets...

Edit: lol nevermind I read the rest of the thread. But still no from me. I don't use 27 of the perks I have now. What's the difference?

Maybe with the perk overhaul/rework that the devs are supposedly working on, some perks will get new effects/properties and might diversify more the meta? 

Problem with current perk capacity is that once you're sitting at 38-39 perks and you want to try your luck with perk-a-lotto you'll have to roll a perk, sell the unwanted perk, roll perk, sell, roll, sell, etc. and it gets tedious after some time.

If you're fine with your current collection though then it's cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Maybe with the perk overhaul/rework that the devs are supposedly working on, some perks will get new effects/properties and might diversify more the meta? 

Problem with current perk capacity is that once you're sitting at 38-39 perks and you want to try your luck with perk-a-lotto you'll have to roll a perk, sell the unwanted perk, roll perk, sell, roll, sell, etc. and it gets tedious after some time.

If you're fine with your current collection though then it's cool.

Mine are mostly legendary with no - effects so I'm ok with them for now. And to be honest I only use medic thick skin and nerves of steel for every counselor except Jenny. She gets preparedness nerves of steel and thick skin for the no fear build. Never change them and unless they go nuts on the perk rework I probably never will. But yeah, my go to for rolling perks was delete one roll one, rinse and repeat until I got what I was after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Mine are mostly legendary with no - effects so I'm ok with them for now. 

I'd love to have a collection like yours. I can't even get a good thick skinned or Nerves of Steel to save my life. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mike-hannigan said:

I'd love to have a collection like yours. I can't even get a good thick skinned or Nerves of Steel to save my life. Lol

Lol cost me a fortune in CP. And countless hours of roll and delete. But it was worth it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You guys think Jason gets trolled too much now? Add another perk slot and see how bad it gets...

Edit: lol nevermind I read the rest of the thread. But still no from me. I don't use 27 of the perks I have now. What's the difference?

There are players who only use a handful of perks, so 30 is more than enough for them. For those that use more than a chosen 4 or 5, then having space for one of each perk makes sense. At the very least, those who don't want the extra space don't have to use it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need a minimum of 8 perks since they made jason unstoppable and unlike the move they  added stuff   he dont even have inn the movie so i need 8 perks and bionic legs and unlimited stamina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...