Jump to content

When you don't want to kill Jason, what do you do instead?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. What's your alternative to killing Jason?

    • Escape - Repair objectives and get out of camp
    • Sabotage - Come back as Tommy and just leave
      0
    • Sabotage - Come back as Tommy and help counselors, but not kill Jason
    • Sabotage - Take the sweater and use it outside of the Jason kill
      0
    • I never have and never will participate in the Jason kill


Recommended Posts

It’s hard for me to answer because I’m a pretty well rounded player and I like mixing up my survival. For me my list of favorites from 1st to last goes surviving the night, car, cops, boat and killing Jason is my last priority. Sometimes ill go for the kill but it bores the hell out of me to do so. Only time I like the kill is if I can de mask alone or in a small group. But de masking with an entire lobby is just lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s hard for me to answer because I’m a pretty well rounded player and I like mixing up my survival. For me my list of favorites from 1st to last goes surviving the night, car, cops, boat and killing Jason is my last priority. Sometimes ill go for the kill but it bores the hell out of me to do so. Only time I like the kill is if I can de mask alone or in a small group. But de masking with an entire lobby is just lame.

There are many of us who agree. I don't judge those who enjoy that sort of thing. To each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love surviving the night because I usually play a female counselor and it feels like a final girl chase. I’d honestly rather survive the night because I’m bored with escaping the camp. I want as much interaction with Jason as possible. I like being chased and wasting Jason’s time. I play Tiffany and Jenny mainly so I’d rather do something I’m good at (running around Jason) than repairing objectives when they have an IQ of 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surviving the night is my first choice, I still need boat escapes so I prioritize the boat if there is one on the map. 

If I get a kill squad lobby, I go for sabotage by coming back as Tommy and helping others escape or escaping myself.  I will stay as far away from the hunting party as possible while doing this. 

I could honestly kill Jason every match if I wanted to, as could anyone else here, but why?  What fun is that?  Boring shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I do love surviving the night because I usually play a female counselor and it feels like a final girl chase. I’d honestly rather survive the night because I’m bored with escaping the camp. I want as much interaction with Jason as possible. I like being chased and wasting Jason’s time. I play Tiffany and Jenny mainly so I’d rather do something I’m good at (running around Jason) than repairing objectives when they have an IQ of 25

It's awesome that you feel like you are in an actual F13 movie. My wife gets the same feeling.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Surviving the night is my first choice, I still need boat escapes so I prioritize the boat if there is one on the map. 

If I get a kill squad lobby, I go for sabotage by coming back as Tommy and helping others escape or escaping myself.  I will stay as far away from the hunting party as possible while doing this. 

I could honestly kill Jason every match if I wanted to, as could anyone else here, but why?  What fun is that?  Boring shit. 

Killing Jason as it is now does feel a bit repetitive and lacking in entertainment. I look forward to whatever will fully change that in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just escape. If people want to go for the kill I'll help if I'm Tommy. I haven't initiated the kill myself in a while.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I just escape. If people want to go for the kill I'll help if I'm Tommy. I haven't initiated the kill myself in a while.

I participate in the kill if there's a somewhat decent challenge. If the Jason is lacking in skill, I'm not going for the cheap shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I participate in the kill if there's a somewhat decent challenge. If the Jason is lacking in skill, I'm not going for the cheap shot.

I guess I should add if I know they're a newbie,  then I won't be part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll kill any Jason if given the chance. I don’t understand why people would avoid killing an unskilled Jason player. That gives them a reason to work on a better approach to the game & actually get better.

taking the sweater just to avoid someone killing Jason is trolling, I don’t care how you put it. It’s no different then teaming with Jason. 

Now to answer the question in this topic, when I start a game my goal is to survive. If no one is picking up car parts, I’ll look for them myself. If I’m not having much luck then I’ll more then likely go for the kill. Unless someone calls the police. Now if nothing is accomplished & his Mask gets knocked off, RIP.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I guess I should add if I know they're a newbie,  then I won't be part of it.

A lot of us are on that same page. If more people did that, then perhaps the player base might be a tad bit larger.

3 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

I’ll kill any Jason if given the chance. I don’t understand why people would avoid killing an unskilled Jason player. That gives them a reason to work on a better approach to the game & actually get better.

That could give them a reason to get better. Some will, while others won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

I’ll kill any Jason if given the chance. I don’t understand why people would avoid killing an unskilled Jason player. That gives them a reason to work on a better approach to the game & actually get better.

taking the sweater just to avoid someone killing Jason is trolling, I don’t care how you put it. It’s no different then teaming with Jason. 

.

 

Probably because it feels wrong to bully somebody simply because you can. Imagine you are a new player. Excited to play as your favorite horror icon. You get that chance, only to be pummeled and killed by people who are supposed to be afraid of you. Now how likely are you to stick around after that awful experience? In short many won't. Bugs and glitches harmed this games potential, but the asshole trolls did as much damage. 

I should add I agree intentionally sabotaging the kill is a scum move and cheating to me as well.

I should clarify that I'm not calling you one. Simply trying to explain the damage your position can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Probably because it feels wrong to bully somebody simply because you can. Imagine you are a new player. Excited to play as your favorite horror icon. You get that chance, only to be pummeled and killed by people who are supposed to be afraid of you. Now how likely are you to stick around after that awful experience? In short many won't. Bugs and glitches harmed this games potential, but the asshole trolls did as much damage. 

I should add I agree intentionally sabotaging the kill is a scum move and cheating to me as well.

I should clarify that I'm not calling you one. Simply trying to explain the damage your position can do.

Some people will be motivated to get better. This was me definitely when I got smacked around as Jason. Now I know combat a lot better and don’t get stunned near as much as before. 

I guess you can call me scum then because I sabotaged a kill once. But I really don’t care this group was a team of 5 people smacking Jason around to get his mask off. If anyone is scum it’s these people. 

I really only have respect for kill squads who perform the kill in small groups of 2-3 at most. 5 people or an entire lobby is just absolutely pathetic to me. And you know what? It felt great ruining the kill for them since they went about it in the easiest way possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

I’ll kill any Jason if given the chance. I don’t understand why people would avoid killing an unskilled Jason player. That gives them a reason to work on a better approach to the game & actually get better.

taking the sweater just to avoid someone killing Jason is trolling, I don’t care how you put it. It’s no different then teaming with Jason. 

Now to answer the question in this topic, when I start a game my goal is to survive. If no one is picking up car parts, I’ll look for them myself. If I’m not having much luck then I’ll more then likely go for the kill. Unless someone calls the police. Now if nothing is accomplished & his Mask gets knocked off, RIP.

 

You don’t get why someone would avoid killing an unskilled player. I don’t understand why people get off on easy kills. Killing a newbie doesn’t prove that you are an awesome player by any stretch. If anything it proves you’re kind of a sadist.  I’ve killed a few obviously weak Jasons but it’s usually because the player playing him is also being a dick. Instead of “teaching” a new player by degradation, how about giving him a chance to practice shift grabs and the like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with survive the night, so I said at least give Jason 50% Stunn resistance in rage instead  of a dead end all Jason has to do is simply know the game and ull be lucky to survive some of us count on the stunn blow to escape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TRUxNOIR said:

I agree with survive the night, so I said at least give Jason 50% Stunn resistance in rage instead  of a dead end all Jason has to do is simply know the game and ull be lucky to survive some of us count on the stunn blow to escape

I enjoy stunning and fighting Jason myself so I know where you’re coming from but when Jason hits rage instead of carrying a weapon carry a trap with you and try to trap as many doors as possible to slow him down. Then once you do that carry a weapon to block knive throws. You defintely don’t “have” to stun Jason to survive the night. I can go on a 10 minute chase without stunning him with a weapon. When he’s in rage he eats a LOT of traps I set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I enjoy stunning and fighting Jason myself so I know where you’re coming from but when Jason hits rage instead of carrying a weapon carry a trap with you and try to trap as many doors as possible to slow him down. Then once you do that carry a weapon to block knive throws. You defintely don’t “have” to stun Jason to survive the night. I can go on a 10 minute chase without stunning him with a weapon. When he’s in rage he eats a LOT of traps I set

I don’t know. That may work for you, but to me using traps sounds like something that needs to be preemptively done pre rage. That way you can lead him on a path from trap to trap. I’ve done that. Doing it post rage when he is on your scent I just don’t think there is enough time to set one before he busts the door down, and if there is then chances are he heard it set. And as for knives, I didn’t know you could use weapons to block, mainly because it’s so easy to simply move out of the way most of the time.  Also, most Jasons by the time they find me post rage (I’m often the last survivor) have depleted their knives. They maybe have two left, tops, but usually none, and I’ll likely be carrying 4 sprays. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Probably because it feels wrong to bully somebody simply because you can. Imagine you are a new player. Excited to play as your favorite horror icon. You get that chance, only to be pummeled and killed by people who are supposed to be afraid of you. Now how likely are you to stick around after that awful experience? In short many won't. Bugs and glitches harmed this games potential, but the asshole trolls did as much damage. 

I should add I agree intentionally sabotaging the kill is a scum move and cheating to me as well.

I should clarify that I'm not calling you one. Simply trying to explain the damage your position can do.

Most of the time, I'll stay out of it and do my own thing. "You want to kill Jason? Cool, have fun with that, I'm going to go find the fuse. If I die and come back as Tommy I'll help you" is usually my mentality about it. 

Unless it's a dance/tea-bag/pinata party.... Call it scum, trolling, cheating, teaming, or whatever else you want, but the bottom line is this: If the counselors are constantly stunning Jason so they can tea-bag/dance on him while he's down, I'm going to sabotage your kill EVERY SINGLE TIME (provided I have an opportunity to do so). I don't give a fuck HOW mad you get about it, it's going to happen, especially if you're doing it to a newbie Jason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

 

taking the sweater just to avoid someone killing Jason is trolling, I don’t care how you put it. It’s no different then teaming with Jason. 

 

Its not trolling unless you're actually trolling with the sweater.  

  Theres a specific way of doing it that makes it trolling.  Just grabbing the sweater and not helping the kill squad is not trolling.

Just like getting Tommy and not going for a Jason kill is not trolling. 

 

16 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

I’ll kill any Jason if given the chance. I don’t understand why people would avoid killing an unskilled Jason player. That gives them a reason to work on a better approach to the game & actually get better.

I'll never kill a newbie Jason..     It like taking candy from a baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Killing a newbie doesn’t prove that you are an awesome player by any stretch. If anything it proves you’re kind of a sadist.

Did I say I was an awesome player? Nope. Is it my fault the Jason player don’t want to spend time in offline mode to get better? nope. Name any other game the good players will let the trash/noob players run all over them ... I’ll wait.

6 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Instead of “teaching” a new player by degradation, how about giving him a chance to practice shift grabs and the like?

Can’t he do that in offline mode? That’s what I did, it worked well for me. 

Like I said if escaping is an option then I usually go that route. If I have no other options then it’s either try to kill him or make the lobby wait out the whole 20 mins. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Its not trolling unless you're actually trolling with the sweater.  

  Theres a specific way of doing it that makes it trolling.  Just grabbing the sweater and not helping the kill squad is not trolling.

That is trolling. That is denying the entire lobby of a way to survive. You are holding the sweater JUST to avoid someone killing Jason (aka teaming with Jason) it’s no different then someone holding the phone fuse just to avoid getting the police called, or no different then holding the keys when the car is ready. 

Now, if the whole lobby is nothing but disrespectful assholes, then yes, they SHOULD be trolled. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I don’t know. That may work for you, but to me using traps sounds like something that needs to be preemptively done pre rage. That way you can lead him on a path from trap to trap. I’ve done that. Doing it post rage when he is on your scent I just don’t think there is enough time to set one before he busts the door down, and if there is then chances are he heard it set. And as for knives, I didn’t know you could use weapons to block, mainly because it’s so easy to simply move out of the way most of the time.  Also, most Jasons by the time they find me post rage (I’m often the last survivor) have depleted their knives. They maybe have two left, tops, but usually none, and I’ll likely be carrying 4 sprays. 

What can help you is when the game begins just start setting traps anytime you find one and place it. Then the next cabin you go to be sure to set one there as well and so forth. Then when he hits rage and is after you, remember the locations on where there is a row of traps and window hop on those specific cabins and he’ll hit your traps every time. It’s also good to mix him up in the house and carry a trap with you and hurry up and set it before he finds you. To block with a weapon you go into combat stance and press right bumper. 

When ur surviving the night u can run low on med spray quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

 

That is trolling. That is denying the entire lobby of a way to survive. You are holding the sweater JUST to avoid someone killing Jason (aka teaming with Jason) it’s no different then someone holding the phone fuse just to avoid getting the police called, or no different then holding the keys when the car is ready. 

Trolling comes down to context.  You can't just slap the word 'trolling' on something you don't like.     Trolling isn't always a bad thing depending on context.

I've teamed with Jason plenty of times..  I've even helped Jason players learn how to kill by offering myself up as the victim.  Is that trolling?  To some, yes.. to a newbie Jason learning how to play..No.  So context matters.

 

Far as im concerned.  Try hard Jason kill squads in public games that hunt down newbie Jason are even worse then someone who holds the sweater to prevent them from getting the kill.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

What can help you is when the game begins just start setting traps anytime you find one and place it. Then the next cabin you go to be sure to set one there as well and so forth. Then when he hits rage and is after you, remember the locations on where there is a row of traps and window hop on those specific cabins and he’ll hit your traps every time. It’s also good to mix him up in the house and carry a trap with you and hurry up and set it before he finds you. To block with a weapon you go into combat stance and press right bumper. 

When ur surviving the night u can run low on med spray quickly. 

Which is exactly what I said. But all you said was to carry traps post rage before. 

Most of the time if I don’t survive the night it is because I got grabbed, not because I ran out of spray (unless it is one of those rare rounds when I didn’t find any before somebody else grabbed them). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Which is exactly what I said. But all you said was to carry traps post rage before. 

Most of the time if I don’t survive the night it is because I got grabbed, not because I ran out of spray (unless it is one of those rare rounds when I didn’t find any before somebody else grabbed them). 

Sorry I didn’t specify before. Yeah it’s just a good idea overall to set as many bear traps as possible whether it’s pre rage or post rage. 

If you abuse broken windows like some people and jump out of 2 story house you will run out of med spray quicker. If I’m surviving the night I run medic, thick skin, and marathon as my perks so I am usually healthy and not limping 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Sorry I didn’t specify before. Yeah it’s just a good idea overall to set as many bear traps as possible whether it’s pre rage or post rage. 

If you abuse broken windows like some people and jump out of 2 story house you will run out of med spray quicker. If I’m surviving the night I run medic, thick skin, and marathon as my perks so I am usually healthy and not limping 😁

I run those same perks as well. I prefer to run Jason around inside houses as long as possible and only jump out windows as a last resort to replenish stamina. I don’t like to use windows at all mainly because I can’t usually tell if Jason morphed outside or is stalking me inside the window. I usually will try to make a break for the next cabin if I can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...