Sign in to follow this  
BeautyNumber2

Small and Insufferable Playerbase

Honestly what happened to the playerbase? It’s literally the same couple hundred people in lobby after lobby every week. Every lobby when I’m checking levels and for teamers there’s someone or even multiple people I have blocked because they are a troll, teaming, etc.

Playing now is basically me getting in lobbies with people I already had to block knowing they’re teaming, trolling, exploiting garbage. Some of you are on this very forum and know who you are.

I’ve caught multiple ‘streamers’ and forum members doing shitty things like placing traps at windows and unlocked doors where there is one way in AKA Packanack kitchen, Packanack utility shack/office. Not to mention obvious teaming and tunneling of non-friend players and intentionally saving friends for last. I’ve seen such obvious teaming from forum members you should be ashamed and banned.

Then there are the exploits. I’m not ‘allowed’ to name people but shame on you forum members and trash Redditors that intentionally exploit. Jasons who exploit window glitches with attacks knowing it might bug or create an interaction lock,  throwing knives at counselors mid window knowing it might glitch them to climb outside and appear back on the inside, throwing knives at the car knowing it will glitch, sandbagging windows causing interaction lock or just blocking, exploiting/cheating to avoid getting killed by shifting mid stun or morphing away, turning to an object/wall. You trash exploiters know what you’re doing and I see you. This is an independent game and you taking advantage of that is worse than despicable. 

And then there are the counselors who troll with traps, hoard items, refuse to contribute to gameplay, glitch into the roofs, get into glitched spots and hold the game hostage. There are several forum members who engage in a combination of these behaviors and luxuriate in it. Multiple times I had to turn and counter-troll teamers just to survive.

I’m getting in lobbies where it’s me and a party of five or six. That’s pathetic. Go play a private match. I’ve had dozens of lobbies where it was me and my friend versus a party of six doing everything they could to get us killed. This is nothing new. You used to be able to just quit and find a new lobby, now that’s all but impossible as I’ll get piped into the same lobby indefinitely it just get out in a similar lobby TEAMING with teamers and trolls on a mission. 

Is the playerbase that small and insufferable really? Apparently. The game has never been this disproportionately filled with trolls and exploiting garbage. Such a shame.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What do you expect?

1. Unable to fix their game

2. Unable to fix their game...in a timely fashion

3. No New Content, so people already know its dead, even if it still has people playing...the general consensus is dead.

4. Everything has a half assed answer and its been that way since forever...everything is an answer for an answer that may never come.

'Low Priority, High Priority, We'll Look Into It' ETC ETC ETC Down the line

5. BETTER GAMES out there...why play a game that died literally one year after launch (arguably slightly before), with incompetent fixes, new constant bugs, old bugs never fixed, gameplay that remains stagnant and mostly predictable, etc? Jason Voorhees himself can't overcome these setbacks.

6. Most promises never came to fruition. Paranoia was cancelled because it was apparently 'not fun' but they clickbait hype it anyway, NES Jason never got reworked, they tease Uber/Grendel before Pinehurst/Roy was even on anyone's radar. Then they come BEFORE Uber/Grendel as if those were just clickbait items in a mode with no replay value (Virtual Cabin 2.0). Even post lawsuit with a reworked perk system that's still not happened yet.

7. They absolutely ignore the overwhelming noise/criticism and just hide behind those that praise them on social media. They haven't earned the communities trust and they've done nothing to try to earn it either because they don't care or they feel they won't be able to. They know whatever answer they give is going to be clouded by shady conspiracy/negative overtones. They may pop up once and awhile to talk about the game for a measly hour on twitch, but by and large they avoid most community interaction. Randy stopped steaming games with the community long ago with no explanation given.

8. Double XP still a gimmick, instead of something that should be made permanent. Why would new players stick around in a dead game to slowly level up with the type of players mentioned in your post? Do they want to sit around and wait 20 minutes for some asshole on a roof so they can get their XP? People got better things to do.

9. The Engine Upgrade update was supposed to be the big savior of the game and it was a turning point/deadline of sorts for many in the community and the consensus was it failed to deliver and then the lawsuit news shortly after basically crippled a lot of moral out there.

10. The vanilla game never really got much new added to it, combined with the existing stuff barely fixed and its a recipe for disaster.

I can't speak for consoles, but for PC. I 100 percent see where you're coming from.

I mean I hate to be this negative and im not trolling but this has been par for the course since launch honestly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Honestly what happened to the playerbase? It’s literally the same couple hundred people in lobby after lobby every week. Every lobby when I’m checking levels and for teamers there’s someone or even multiple people I have blocked because they are a troll, teaming, etc.

Playing now is basically me getting in lobbies with people I already had to block knowing they’re teaming, trolling, exploiting garbage. Some of you are on this very forum and know who you are.

I’ve caught multiple ‘streamers’ and forum members doing shitty things like placing traps at windows and unlocked doors where there is one way in AKA Packanack kitchen, Packanack utility shack/office. Not to mention obvious teaming and tunneling of non-friend players and intentionally saving friends for last. I’ve seen such obvious teaming from forum members you should be ashamed and banned.

Then there are the exploits. I’m not ‘allowed’ to name people but shame on you forum members and trash Redditors that intentionally exploit. Jasons who exploit window glitches with attacks knowing it might bug or create an interaction lock,  throwing knives at counselors mid window knowing it might glitch them to climb outside and appear back on the inside, throwing knives at the car knowing it will glitch, sandbagging windows causing interaction lock or just blocking, exploiting/cheating to avoid getting killed by shifting mid stun or morphing away, turning to an object/wall. You trash exploiters know what you’re doing and I see you. This is an independent game and you taking advantage of that is worse than despicable. 

And then there are the counselors who troll with traps, hoard items, refuse to contribute to gameplay, glitch into the roofs, get into glitched spots and hold the game hostage. There are several forum members who engage in a combination of these behaviors and luxuriate in it. Multiple times I had to turn and counter-troll teamers just to survive.

I’m getting in lobbies where it’s me and a party of five or six. That’s pathetic. Go play a private match. I’ve had dozens of lobbies where it was me and my friend versus a party of six doing everything they could to get us killed. This is nothing new. You used to be able to just quit and find a new lobby, now that’s all but impossible as I’ll get piped into the same lobby indefinitely it just get out in a similar lobby TEAMING with teamers and trolls on a mission. 

Is the playerbase that small and insufferable really? Apparently. The game has never been this disproportionately filled with trolls and exploiting garbage. Such a shame.

people will bash him or say "Bye" but he is 100% correct , just logged off played 4 games 3 with the same 4 people, lobby never filled but we had fun , go into lobby for 4th game and here comes 3 150 players in a party chat , i let out the warning cry to my normal randoms and sure as shit they get the car going , only pick each other up and try to run each other over . LOVE this game its the only game i play as my son plays the rest but its done . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

What do you expect?

1. Unable to fix their game

2. Unable to fix their game...in a timely fashion

3. No New Content, so people already know its dead, even if it still has people playing...the general consensus is dead.

4. Everything has a half assed answer and its been that way since forever...everything is an answer for an answer that may never come.

'Low Priority, High Priority, We'll Look Into It' ETC ETC ETC Down the line

5. BETTER GAMES out there...why play a game that died literally one year after launch (arguably slightly before), with incompetent fixes, new constant bugs, old bugs never fixed, gameplay that remains stagnant and mostly predictable, etc? Jason Voorhees himself can't overcome these setbacks.

6. Most promises never came to fruition. Paranoia was cancelled because it was apparently 'not fun' but they clickbait hype it anyway, NES Jason never got reworked, they tease Uber/Grendel before Pinehurst/Roy was even on anyone's radar. Then they come BEFORE Uber/Grendel as if those were just clickbait items in a mode with no replay value (Virtual Cabin 2.0). Even post lawsuit with a reworked perk system that's still not happened yet.

7. They absolutely ignore the overwhelming noise/criticism and just hide behind those that praise them on social media. They haven't earned the communities trust and they've done nothing to try to earn it either because they don't care or they feel they won't be able to. They know whatever answer they give its going to be clouded by shady conspiracy/negative overtones. They may pop up once and awhile to talk about the game for a measly hour on twitch, but by and large they avoid most community interaction. Randy stopped steaming games with the community long ago with no explanation given.

8. Double XP still a gimmick, instead of something that should be made permanent. Why would new players stick around in a dead game to slowly level up with the type of players mentioned in your post? Do they want to sit around and wait 20 minutes for some asshole on a roof so they can get their XP? People got better things to do.

9. The Engine Upgrade update was supposed to be the big savior of the game and it was a turning point/deadline of sorts for many in the community and the consensus was it failed to deliver and then the lawsuit news shortly after basically crippled a lot of moral out there.

10. The vanilla game never really got much new added to it, combined with the existing stuff barely fixed and its a recipe for disaster.

I can't speak for consoles, but for PC. I 100 percent see where you're coming from.

I mean I hate to be this negative and im not trolling but this has been par for the course since launch honestly.

This...is IT, right here. That is the best, most accurate answer I've ever heard about this game's problems, and this is coming from a guy playing on PS4, not PC.

• Like 1

Backed the game, played for a year, and stopped playing. It was a fun game, but the playerbase was toxic, and it was difficult to find a good lobby. Maybe I'll play again this summer just for the sake of playing. It sounds like things have gotten bad. I check the forums regally for any updates and to see what people are saying, but I haven't played in long ass time.

• Like 1

If you're on PS4 @BeautyNumber2, add & join me.  Sent you a PM with my ID and some names of other good players who don't fuck off like the general public who just watch Youtube videos on how to play like an asshole and glitch/exploit and proceed to pound their chests proclaiming how "great" they are.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

They haven't earned the communities trust and they've done nothing to try to earn it either because they don't care or they feel they won't be able to. They know whatever answer they give its going to be clouded by shady conspiracy/negative overtones. They may pop up once and awhile to talk about the game for a measly hour on twitch, but by and large they avoid most community interaction.

I think everyone should read this part twice. I couldn’t have said it better man. If I could add one small thing without being rude it’s, they never bothered to get to know their community. We might all be armchair developers but the number of solid ideas I’ve read on these forums blows my mind, there’s easily material for more games or content.

@BeautyNumber2, Rust’s group is really solid, you’ll like how they play but be prepared to lose some of them every round you’re Jason and watch out if Rust’s Jason. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

If you're on PS4 @BeautyNumber2, add & join me.  Sent you a PM with my ID and some names of other good players who don't fuck off like the general public who just watch Youtube videos on how to play like an asshole and glitch/exploit and proceed to pound their chests proclaiming how "great" they are.  

Add me as well if you don't mind :  bryanp3692          Many of my old friends have left the game . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

Add me as well if you don't mind :  bryanp3692          Many of my old friends have left the game . 

Sorry, I’ve missed you so often, I leave my PS4 on while I go grab my son after school, not that that excuses my rudeness. I’ll start checking if you’re on every time I’m in lobby. We’ll see if we can get together this week, I don’t have a regular group anymore but I’m fairly lucky at getting decent lobbies, most of the time. 

@RustInPeace, could one of you guys hook up Bryanp, he’s a good guy too. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry, I’ve missed you so often, I leave my PS4 on while I go grab my son after school, not that that excuses my rudeness. I’ll start checking if you’re on every time I’m in lobby. We’ll see if we can get together this week, I don’t have a regular group anymore but I’m fairly lucky at getting decent lobbies, most of the time. 

@RustInPeace, could one of you guys hook up Bryanp, he’s a good guy too. 

HaHa , I'M on the same boat as you , m on and off in between kid stuff . I'll catch you soon. 

• Like 1

Haven't played much since the rage update. Sounds like things are pretty much the same as when I was playing more actively though.

Its the same as its always been..

Public lobbies haven't changes... Its a mixed bag, and always was.

Don't like the lobby?.. Just find a new one.

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Randy stopped steaming games with the community long ago with no explanation given.

I don't think Randy is affiliated with the game at this point. Though Gun is still listed on his Twitter bio, I asked someone in the know about him recently and the answer given lent a lot of credibility to the notion that he's not connected to it anymore, or at least right now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Its the same as its always been..

Public lobbies haven't changes... Its a mixed bag, and always was.

Don't like the lobby?.. Just find a new one.

Your point is invalid as I already addressed this fallacy in my post which you clearly didn’t read yet felt compelled to respond with some half-assed solution. You really thought you were doing something with that response. This from the person who admitted he likes to hold onto repair items, the keys, and the fuse...

7 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You used to be able to just quit and find a new lobby, now that’s all but impossible as I’ll get piped into the same lobby indefinitely it just get out in a similar lobby TEAMING with teamers and trolls on a mission. 

TBH what needs to happen for this game to grow a better player base is for 

1. The settlement to finally come

2. The devs need to hand the game over to new developers who will actually fix the bugs and glitches like they claim OR keep the game in their hands and put a lot more focus on actually fixing the glitches/bugs they say they will fix

3 New content being released

then people will be happy. Backers of the game will come back, new people would buy the game, and the player base would grow

right now we just have Gun telling us over and over and over they are going to work on bugs.  and glitches but nothing ever gets fixed. And I’m convinced this game will forever be buggy. And they also say if there’s a settlement there won’t ever be new content. This is why the player base is shrinking. 

Dont get me wrong GUN made an amazing game but we always get told this and that with at the end of the day, they don’t come through with their so called bug/glitch fixes. Counselors are always going to be standing on a roof dancing ruining people’s time. 

15 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Your point is invalid as I already addressed this fallacy in my post which you clearly didn’t read yet felt compelled to respond with some half-assed solution. You really thought you were doing something with that response. 

My point stands..

And if you don't like it..  ToOooO bad!

You sitting there whining about landing in a few bad lobbies?   Suck it up princess, it happens.       No need for you to make topic about it, like you need a support group because of it.

The Xbox community isn’t quite as bad. I played all day yesterday and only encountered one teamer and no glitchers. They do still happen, but not as much as other platforms I think. 

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

My point stands..

You sitting there whining about landing in a few bad lobbies?   Suck it up princess, it happens.       No need for you to make topic about it, like you need a support group because of it.

The concept of "don't like it, too bad" is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Rust’s group is really solid, you’ll like how they play but be prepared to lose some of them every round you’re Jason and watch out if Rust’s Jason.  

Yeah, watch out for his Jason! I play with him pretty often and have a very low survival rate. We're friends, we play other games too. Red dead, Diablo 3, etc. Be that as it may, Rust is a solid player and friend! No mercy when he's Jason, no "I'll save him for later". Nope, mostly if he is aware of my character then he's hunting. As it should be, and as a teammate he plays smart and is always pushing objectives. That's how we all play, and none of us use "Tech". No glitching, exploiting or ignorant bashing of opponents. Always good games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

My point stands..

Yet you responded because you were clearly upset and hurt over my topic. How do I need a support group when you clearly need complete inpatient hospitalization to get over how triggered you are that I made a topic that hit home for you, troll. You wouldn’t have a point if you stabbed yourself in the eye. You’re a troll and nothing you say matters. You should have been banned 2 years ago, troll. You simply lack credentials to even give an input, troll. You have no qualifications to even communicate with me as I hold two PhDs and you can’t even hold your pants up. But it’s not that serious, right? Just serious enough for you to comment what you really thought you was doing something bye

• Like 1

Really wish I could name and shame. Just had someone intentionally standing in front of the car as I was trying to get away. Freaking annoying 

• Thanks 1

And now a Jason flipping cars with knives and breaking doors with one hit at Game start

1 hour ago, Shainto said:

Really wish I could name and shame. Just had someone intentionally standing in front of the car as I was trying to get away. Freaking annoying 

I would’ve ran them over. If they’re in my way and aren’t moving they are roadkill 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shainto said:

Hey buddy, I’m Slasher. 

Could you do a couple of thing for me when you get a chance, go do an introduction post so we can greet you properly and take a minute to read through the rules. 

Double posting, is replying directly below a comment you’ve already made. Please don’t do this as it makes more work for our Mods, who have to merge or delete them, they don’t get paid and do it out of love for the game, so try not to make more work for them. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yet you responded because you were clearly upset and hurt over my topic. 

Yes.. I saw a 'randoms in public games' complaint topic and instantly got upset.     You figured it all out Doc...

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

How do I need a support group when you clearly need complete inpatient hospitalization to get over how triggered you are that I made a topic that hit home for you, troll. You wouldn’t have a point if you stabbed yourself in the eye. You’re a troll and nothing you say matters. You should have been banned 2 years ago, troll. You simply lack credentials to even give an input, troll. You have no qualifications to even communicate with me as I hold two PhDs and you can’t even hold your pants up. But it’s not that serious, right? Just serious enough for you to comment what you really thought you was doing something bye

Well, i'll have you know, that I hold two Ph Double Ds.  

And you can't teach that..