SteadyGosling

May 7th. What are you hoping to see?

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

Sales for this game are not going to skyrocket no matter what they do. Any new content would mostly bring preexsisting players who don’t play anymore. Most casual gamers already have moved on to other games. This game has 0 percent chance of getting new content regardless of outcome. As for me personally, I’ll be playing until they pull the plug, or another company makes a better sequel.

We'll see a new game by someone down the road eventually. It might be quite a while, but I'll look forward to it, whenever it comes.

With the way things are going, an ideal solution for this would simply just for Gun Media to either start up a Halloween or Nightmare On Elm Street game because if you think about it, that is probably just about the closest we are going to get to a better version of F13th with more content. 

Personally I think Gun should start going for a Nightmare game next. The only downside about this though is that illfonic and Gun parted ways, which means it puts more pressure on Black Tower or another developer team as there's some big shoes to fill for them to try and follow up on another asymmetrical horror to be just as good or better than F13th was. However, it doesn't mean the potential is not there. If F13th had enough sequels to help them flush out some content and maps, then I'm sure they can do the same for Nightmare. There's no legal battle taking place with that franchise as far as we know, so great ideas for future content would be a sure shot.

I know there's some counselor mains here who would love to see some of the movie characters like Tina, Glen, Jesse, Tayrn, Kristen, Kincaid or Jennifer be playable in a game. Also, possible hero roles can go to someone like either Nancy or her father Donald. Or they can just go crazy and put Ash in it.

Resuming Summer Camp would be the most logical idea. Prove to the playerbase that they didn't simply cash grab off the name F13. Making a good game of Summer Camp without an IP like F13 behind it would do a lot better for their reputation. All you gotta do is take away Jason, the film characters and locations and go from there with different killers and ideas, etc. Learn from their mistakes hopefully.

Doing Halloween or Nightmare On Elmstreet would actually backfire if it turned to be another affair where Freddy and Michael are flat on their backs while Busta Rhymes from Halloween Resurrection and the Wizard Kid from Nightmare 3 are dancing all over them. They already have the perception of making Jason worse with each update (minus rage). Having that perception with other horror icons would do them no good. They would get more money from those IPs, but if the end result is the game...what's the point?

Even if they don't want to acknowledge it. I feel like they know they've taken a massive hit PR wise around the gaming industry and obviously with this playerbase. I doubt they do another title like this one and instead only do what they are doing with Layers Of Fear. Hoping to lay low and hope people forget about what they did with Friday the 13th.

2 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Personally I think Gun should start going for a Nightmare game next.

I’m not against it but if I was Gun., I’d want to get a couple more games under my belt before trying Nightmare. Layers of Fear has elements that would fit perfectly in with Freddy and his powers. LoF has a mechanic where things change while you’re not looking at them, like a dream changing from one location to another. Maps could shift and change during the match, and Freddy could use the environment to attack you and build up your fear till he can effect you directly. Lots of cool ideas that could be worked into this IP. 

Wes, dropped hints he was trying to get the Halloween IP, but nothing has come of it yet that we know of. Halloween needs to have a bigger selection of options for players, items and new mechanics specially. I’d ideally want each match to have sub goals for the babysitters, making it deeper than just escaping. Imagine there’s 5 survivors, when you spawn in you’re in your own house and the sun is setting, you have to get to the house you babysit at or some other minor goal. This gives the Michael player an opportunity to see the other players move about the map, stalking them. After the survivors enter their goal locations they are locked in to them, not with invisible walls or anything, probably with an XP penalty for leaving the area. This will happen until you actually see Michael then you can free roam a will.

So I’m a babysitter at the start of the match, I head out to my first goal which is little Tommy’s house. I walk by Michael’s house on my way there giving him a chance to see me. He makes a mental note that I’m in Tommy’s house, he knows I’ll be there until he slips up or someone calls me on the phone and warns me. Once in the house I have to put little bot Tommy to bed but then I can choose my next goal, one might be to get on the kitchen wall phone and chat with my ‘girlfriends’, another might be to invite a male character over. Whichever I choose I’ll earn XP, different amounts for different actions and begin gaining an advantage in this location. Say I do the dishes, I reduce my search time to finding a useful weapon in the kitchen, tidy the living room and unlock a hiding place. The more you do around the house the more you can do when Michael finally appears. If I leave the house my progress decreases, so running out and grouping up to fight Michael isn’t a good strategy. 

Anyway those are just some ideas I have about those IP’s, I think they’re both doable but that doing Halloween first would increase the number of options in a Nightmare game.

48 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Resuming Summer Camp would be the most logical idea. Prove to the playerbase that they didn't simply cash grab off the name F13. Making a good game of Summer Camp without an IP like F13 behind it would do a lot better for their reputation. All you gotta do is take away Jason, the film characters and locations and go from there with different killers and ideas, etc. Learn from their mistakes hopefully.

I’d be good with this, I’d like to see want could evolve out of their own IP without needing to ask the parents if doing things is ok.

• Like 1

new game content of any kind would be great of course, but im happy with the game as it is now aside from the bugs & glitches. i'll be playing until god strikes me down. as many of you have already said, id have high, but unrealistic hopes, for the kill packs and clothing packs they were working on, maybe even jason x. however, as we all know, this will most likely never happen.

so the thing id look forward to the most is a new movie. a movie that had likeable characters with a good script. the biggest problem with fvj & the remake is the dialog & characters were horrid. unbarable. gag worthy. but the jason action remained decent. its not like friday the 13th was ever noted for award winning screen writing, but come on. the right people need to make this movie. im sick of all the lazy cash grab remakes they put out these days. jason needs lovable people to murder so the characters death may effect the veiwer on a higher level. maybe make it unclear who the main character is so we dont know who will make it to the end. so then when your favorite lovable character dies, it has more impact.

also, i seen someone bring up action figures. a set of "friday the 13th the game the action figures" would be great. i picture 3 inch G I Joe type figures of all the characters in the game. they could come with health spray, flare gun, phone fuse, ect.. i would waste alot of money on those...

The game is done. Wes has said it too many times to not believe it. The best we can hope for is a spiritual sequel. The Friday the 13th franchise is dead until Victor and Sean put aside their differences. The situation could go on until one of them is dead at this point. It's time for a fresh perspective. 

I would just like to see more kill packs for the weapons that don't have them yet.  Also the main menu tweaks I mention in my other post.  

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

The game is done. Wes has said it too many times to not believe it. The best we can hope for is a spiritual sequel. The Friday the 13th franchise is dead until Victor and Sean put aside their differences. The situation could go on until one of them is dead at this point. It's time for a fresh perspective. 

Well..  If I was in charge of this game.   The law suit would be a non issue.  Id be pumping out new kills and updates like a all you can eat buffet.

I doubt Victor or Sean are sitting there hawk eyeing this game.    They probably don't care either way if they add new content to this game.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, SteadyGosling said:

On May 7th it will be the final date for Victor and Sean to do something, most likely a Settlement, and it may happen before then. What are you guys hoping for? What do you think we’ll see? I know even though they’ve said 200 times content will be stopped no matter what, I’m 90% sure that they will continue if they can get the option to. It would be a waste of money not too considering it would save the player base, and I can count on about 10 different hands all of the kills, skins and other things that are near completion, that they don’t need a team of 100 people to complete.... maybe we’ll see content again after this?

I highly doubt we will ever get any new content because the excuse for abandoning the game has always been the lawsuit. If they ever go back on that it will look like they lied. I think the least they could do is offer widescreen support but probably cant because you know...lawsuit.🙄

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Well..  If I was in charge of this game.   The law suit would be a non issue.  Id be pumping out new kills and updates like a all you can eat buffet.

I doubt Victor or Sean are sitting there hawk eyeing this game.    They probably don't care either way if they add new content to this game.

That would be a very risky venture even if what you said is true.It's all about the Benjamins and if they found out they'd surely want their cut and you would end up on the losing end I'm afraid. You may have took that risk but Gun wasn't going to.

18 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

That would be a very risky venture even if what you said is true.It's all about the Benjamins and if they found out they'd surely want their cut and you would end up on the losing end I'm afraid. You may have took that risk but Gun wasn't going to.

Cut of what?

They have nothing to do with game. I don't see any risk at all. 

Game is already out. I doubt either of them care either way about new content in the game.

If the lawsuit settles. Couldn’t they look at adding in new content a way to make more $. This would be a good business decision. Make it so the Grendel map has to be purchased as well as new counselors, jason x, kill packs, etc..... you know A LOT of players would be willing to purchase. I sure in hell would 

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

If the lawsuit settles. Couldn’t they look at adding in new content a way to make more $. This would be a good business decision. Make it so the Grendel map has to be purchased as well as new counselors, jason x, kill packs, etc..... you know A LOT of players would be willing to purchase. I sure in hell would 

At this point, I'd rather the focus be on fixing the major bugs and exploits. Adding new content (not happening unless they have a change of heart) won't matter if the same bugs and exploits are still plaguing the game, and eventually would affect new content as well.

16 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Cut of what?

They have nothing to do with game. I don't see any risk at all. 

Game is already out. I doubt either of them care either way about new content in the game.

Unfortunately that is not how copyright permissions work. Horror has absolutely everything to do with what content is released.It's adding on to the existing story so it becomes their property.They gave Gun permission to use their license.It would be considered a derivative work.They would be making revenue off anything new especially if they weren't adding content for free. Yeah they could be sneaky and add things but eventually Horror would find out and trust me Gun would be sued or Horror would just pull the plug entirely or both. You don't mess with your rights holders.Example I built my own General Lee replica as you can see in my profile picture.Warner Bros still holds the trademarks to that car. I can do pretty much anything within certain perameters and they turn a blind eye BUT if I suddenly started making considerable amounts of money by doing events or accidently hurt or killed someone driving they would get involved.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:03 AM, Redcat345 said:

An announcement that lawsuit is settled and content can resume+ Jason X being realeased with kills and pajama packs.

Jason in pajamas might kill the immersion for some... but could be funny... Perhaps some Star Wars themed pajamas?... Wait, the rights would be too expensive!
   I know what you meant... but I just had to say it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, JED said:

I highly doubt we will ever get any new content because the excuse for abandoning the game has always been the lawsuit.

Ever since the lawsuit, Gun Media has come out with dedicated servers, rage buff, and eventually perk rework. Wouldn't call that abandonment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, DontZzz34 said:

"If the lawsuit settles"

They'd rather drag it out till they die in court than settle it. It's over. They reinstated it.

• Like 1

Greed is ruining a great game and the whole franchise in general.  I'm not saying Victor Miller doesn't deserve to be paid but he could've at least waited till we got Jason X and a few more maps before he dropped this lawsuit. A future film seems uncertain at the moment and content is unlikely to happen.

24 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Greed is ruining a great game and the whole franchise in general.  I'm not saying Victor Miller doesn't deserve to be paid but he could've at least waited till we got Jason X and a few more maps before he dropped this lawsuit. A future film seems uncertain at the moment and content is unlikely to happen.actually 

Not that it matters but Cunningham started the lawsuit. I'm holding out hope until the 7th. Now that the layers of fear 2 release is imminent, Gun might have more time/money to put into fixing F13.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Not that it matters but Cunningham started the lawsuit. I'm holding out hope until the 7th. Now that the layers of fear 2 release is imminent, Gun might have more time/money to put into fixing F13.

You're right! This lawsuit has been going on so long tbh I forgot who started it. I remember Victor in the beginning taking a lot of heat for the lawsuit that's why i thought he started the lawsuit. Thanks for the clarification.👍