SteadyGosling

May 7th. What are you hoping to see?

Honestly, I'm officially over it to be honest.

Of course I'd love content to resume though. If they have a movie scheduled for next year if they get the lawsuit scheduled, I do think new content may have a chance. It would then bring more marketing potential back into the game. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping that a settlement is reached and movies/games can continue. If not at least we got the stuff we already have and new merch continues to be made.

Not the news anyone wants to hear... but there it is.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I mean if they have the green light to release new content “if” they come to a settlement why would they refuse to push out new content? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Many fans of the game would appreciate getting the things we deserve and the things they got us excited for (Jason x, Grendel map, new kills, etc) and to me when a company cares about a game and the fans of it wouldn’t they want to make us happy with new content? Many of us have been very disappointed with the lawsuit screwing all of us over and one thing they can do to redeem themselves is to give us the things they got us excited for. 

Read above. 

I wasn't hating on your comment. I get how you feel about wanting content. I see where Gun is coming from they spent money/time creating new content for us and then they get a call or an email, telling them to stop all future content till further notice. How would you feel? Try looking at it from their perspective. 

I’m not trying to be a cunt, but did you guys not watch Beyond? THERE WILL NEVER BE NEW CONTENT ADDED TO THIS GAME. That’s from the Wes, the horse’s mouth. Lawsuit or not, THERE WILL NEVER, EVER BE NEW CONTENT ADDED TO THIS GAME. Between Gun and Black Tower there are maybe a dozen guys working on this game right now, that’s it. Again, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL THERE EVER BE NEW CONTENT OF ANY KIND ADDED TO THE GAME REGARDLESS OF ANY OUTCOME OF THE HORROR INC V. MILLER LAWSUIT

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I wasn't hating on your comment. I get how you feel about wanting content. I see where Gun is coming from they spent money/time creating new content for us and then they get a call or an email, telling them to stop all future content till further notice. How would you feel? Try looking at it from their perspective. 

I know you weren’t hating. It’s hard for me to see if from their perspective because if I was in their shoes I’d definitely continue new content if I got a green light. Tbh I really just wish different developers could get ahold of the game that would be willing to give us new content that we want.

15 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I’m not trying to be a cunt, but did you guys not watch Beyond? THERE WILL NEVER BE NEW CONTENT ADDED TO THIS GAME. That’s from the Wes, the horse’s mouth. Lawsuit or not, THERE WILL NEVER, EVER BE NEW CONTENT ADDED TO THIS GAME. Between Gun and Black Tower there are maybe a dozen guys working on this game right now, that’s it. Again, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL THERE EVER BE NEW CONTENT OF ANY KIND ADDED TO THE GAME REGARDLESS OF ANY OUTCOME OF THE HORROR INC V. MILLER LAWSUIT

That’s exactly what I heard from Wes.

There will never be new content...as in they’ll never go back to the studio and make new content.

What about the existing content in the game files though? Like the PJ clothing pack, kill packs, Jason X, and the Grendel? It’s not like they have to go back and redo everything, it’s already in the game files...it isn’t brand new content.

I’m not hanging onto any hope because I feel as though I know the outcome, but it wouldn’t make much sense to not release the content that was already going to be released.

When it comes to dying games, developers abandon ship when the player base drops. They don't produce a huge batch of new content for a game that's been discounted to $6. That would merely get them chump change for any possible new sales. The better financial option is to put man-hours into a new game that they can charge $60 for. This is true for any developer. Why would they put man-hours and expenses into trying to save a game that's $6 and that most of the players that would be playing it have already bought it? Meaning they have milked it for as much as they can. They can't profit from the game anymore. By this point any new $6 sales would merely break even on the employee pay to make the new content. You don't run a company to break even, you run it to make money. They can't make profit from this game anymore. It's done.

What I expect is that once the battle is settled, the rights holders will let Jason get added to Dead by Daylight, making this game a coaster.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Not the news anyone wants to hear... but there it is.

I hope they all go bankrupt🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Hoping to see that update for whatever they have planned for counselors... Maybe even plans for a NECA Savini Jason figure for the future.

... Realistically i’m expecting more Gun broadcasts with little to no info on the game’s future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What I expect is that onice the battle is settled, the rights holders will let Jason get added to Dead by Daylight, making this game a coaster.

This wouldn't surprise me one bit.

3 hours ago, silencedeffect said:

Realistically i’m expecting more Gun broadcasts with little to no info on the game’s future.

The Beyond streams correspond to anything Gun is actively working on. Eventually, if they continue, there may be streams that don't even mention this game.

6 hours ago, silencedeffect said:

Hoping to see that update for whatever they have planned for counselors... Maybe even plans for a NECA Savini Jason figure for the future.

... Realistically i’m expecting more Gun broadcasts with little to no info on the game’s future.

NECA Savini Jason would be awesome. Pretty sure they have to get the rights from Tom Savini though if I’m not mistaken.

NECA Tommy Jarvis from Part 6 would also be amazing. They did a Laurie Strode figure so it would only be fitting to do Jarvis.

• Like 1

The best you, all of us, can hope for is if the lawsuit settles and new content can be made that we'll get Uber Jason, Grendel, some kill packs and maybe the pajama outfits.

That stuff was all worked on prior to the lawsuit and some may even be done.  I highly doubt we'll get anything outside of that or something completely new. 

I hope the lawsuit gets settled sooner rather than later. Miller can't do anything with what he's won, he just wants a settlement, a deal. Cunningham seems unlikely to win any appeal, so he may as well just settle. I guess he's just trying to drag things out to increase his negotiating position.

In terms of the game's future, the most we'd possibly see is them adding any almost-finished DLC to the game, and even that is unlikely. They'll probably just end up letting Dead by Daylight have Jason as has been mentioned above.

I don't expect anything to come to the game if a settlement were to take place. Wes said on a Beyond stream that Black Tower would have to learn the game's code that Illfonic has been working with for a year. So it seems he has no interest in continuing content whatsoever. We just have to accept that fact. IF and I mean a VERY big IF they decided to finish the content that was already almost finished then that would be one of the biggest miracles in gaming history. 

Another thing is that I bet many people on this forum have no idea that Kay-Em was going to come with Uber and Grendel as a call in hero like Tommy. She has a uncompleted model and a player portrait. There was also a futuristic looking radio to call her in with on the Grendel. All her voice lines are also on YT as well. Yeah, it sucks to realize that this content will likely never come to the game but that unfortunately is the way she does.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

That’s exactly what I heard from Wes.

There will never be new content...as in they’ll never go back to the studio and make new content.

What about the existing content in the game files though? Like the PJ clothing pack, kill packs, Jason X, and the Grendel? It’s not like they have to go back and redo everything, it’s already in the game files...it isn’t brand new content.

I’m not hanging onto any hope because I feel as though I know the outcome, but it wouldn’t make much sense to not release the content that was already going to be released.

It’s still a no. View this thread where I challenged Matt on expanding existing content in the game:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/26068-friday-the-13th-releasing-on-nintendo-switch-this-spring/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-350184

An announcement that lawsuit is settled and content can resume+ Jason X being realeased with kills and pajama packs.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

An announcement that lawsuit is settled and content can resume+ Jason X being realeased with kills and pajama packs.

You better not be messing around. Post the proof!

I believe they've already stated COUNTLESS times that no new content is coming EVER, even if Miller and Sean fell in love with each other and married.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

You better not be messing around. Post the proof!

Im hoping for this, didn't say it was happening.

If nothing else, I hope they complete the Jason X stuff and release it after the lawsuit.  If that's all we ever get I'd be very happy.

5 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

I believe they've already stated COUNTLESS times that no new content is coming EVER, even if Miller and Sean fell in love with each other and married.

True but legally that was the smart thing to say.  Why even take the chance of saying 'yeah, we're waiting for the lawsuit to finish and then we'll start new content?'  You potentially open yourself up to legal action.  So while I suspect that we won't get any future content, I sure hope we do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

True but legally that was the smart thing to say.  Why even take the chance of saying 'yeah, we're waiting for the lawsuit to finish and then we'll start new content?'  You potentially open yourself up to legal action.  So while I suspect that we won't get any future content, I sure hope we do!

Well yeah we all hope

On 4/12/2019 at 7:50 PM, SteadyGosling said:

Definetly, I don’t see why, it would be foolish to waste the opportunity to start content again, sales would go skyrocketing back up and and they’d make a name for themselves..

Sales for this game are not going to skyrocket no matter what they do. Any new content would mostly bring preexsisting players who don’t play anymore. Most casual gamers already have moved on to other games. This game has 0 percent chance of getting new content regardless of outcome. As for me personally, I’ll be playing until they pull the plug, or another company makes a better sequel.