SteadyGosling

May 7th. What are you hoping to see?

On May 7th it will be the final date for Victor and Sean to do something, most likely a Settlement, and it may happen before then. What are you guys hoping for? What do you think we’ll see? I know even though they’ve said 200 times content will be stopped no matter what, I’m 90% sure that they will continue if they can get the option to. It would be a waste of money not too considering it would save the player base, and I can count on about 10 different hands all of the kills, skins and other things that are near completion, that they don’t need a team of 100 people to complete.... maybe we’ll see content again after this?

• Like 2

If they cared about the player base and the fans they’d continue the content. If they get the green light to continue and decide not to then that’s kind of a slap in the face to the fans. Let’s hope they make it right for us

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

If they cared about the player base and the fans they’d continue the content. If they get the green light to continue and decide not to then that’s kind of a slap in the face to the fans. Let’s hope they make it right for us

Definetly, I don’t see why, it would be foolish to waste the opportunity to start content again, sales would go skyrocketing back up and and they’d make a name for themselves..

• Like 3

I hope too. If they make continue content would be great than films like 1 or 2 hours watch then ending and you got nothing. The game is better than movie.

34 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

Definetly, I don’t see why, it would be foolish to waste the opportunity to start content again, sales would go skyrocketing back up and and they’d make a name for themselves..

Facts. No one cares about their layers of fear game. Friday out does it by miles 

Let’s say hypothetically the lawsuit is settled and Gun had the green light to make new content...I highly doubt they’ll make brand new content. They won’t go back from scratch and make new kill packs, maps, Jasons, or counselors. They’ve stated multiple times they won’t make new content. It isn’t impossible but they probably will not.

However, what is already in the game files (PJ clothing pack, existing kill packs, Jason X, Grendel) I do believe they might release. It would be idiotic not to release it and it would upset a lot of the playerbase. I do think Wes stated that the Grendel was going to be the last batch of content for the game and even if the lawsuit did not exist they weren’t making content after that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I do think Wes stated that the Grendel was going to be the last batch of content for the game and even if the lawsuit did not exist they weren’t making content after that.

Wes never said that. That was said in that non existent interview on the French F13:The Game page that is not official and is not associated with Gun. Wes was never interviewed by anybody. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Wes never said that. That was said in that non existent interview on the French F13:The Game page that is not official and is not associated with Gun. Wes was never interviewed by anybody. 

Well that makes sense. Sorry about the accusation.

• Like 1

The only thing that might happen (and is still highly unlikely). Is them finishing some small stuff that was nearly ready. Anything from scratch is guaranteed not to happen. 

2 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

On May 7th it will be the final date for Victor and Sean to do something, most likely a Settlement, and it may happen before then. What are you guys hoping for? What do you think we’ll see? I know even though they’ve said 200 times content will be stopped no matter what, I’m 90% sure that they will continue if they can get the option to. It would be a waste of money not too considering it would save the player base, and I can count on about 10 different hands all of the kills, skins and other things that are near completion, that they don’t need a team of 100 people to complete.... maybe we’ll see content again after this?

Would you mind naming the 50 or so things you are suggesting were close to finished?

As far as saving the player base, we'd get some people back, but not nearly as many as one might hope.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

That's a bit unfair to say they don't care. As much as I'd like new content as others would, I wouldn't go there.

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The only thing that might happen (and is still highly unlikely). Is them finishing some small stuff that was nearly ready. Anything from scratch is guaranteed not to happen. 

As far as the close to finished content, I agree with it being unlikely. It would be nice if they had a slight change of heart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

If Gun didn't care we wouldn't have this game to begin with. I'm happy with what we have. If more is added that's a bonus. I hope it happens like the rest of the community.  We have to be realistic about this lawsuit and Gun isn't slapping the fans in the face if content doesn't continue.

The decision is between Miller and Cunningham. Sean Cunningham holds the cards to the future of this game. Gun isn't to blame!  

Hate to say it, but even if by some chance this case is settled on that day, I highly doubt we will receive any content, new or old. I would love to see them add anything at this point, but I just don't see it happening, realistically. I do hope the case is settled so we can move on, and from what I have heard, that may happen, so fingers crossed as always. At this point, I believe that's the best any of us can hope for.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Hate to say it, but even if by some chance this case is settled on that day, I highly doubt we will receive any content, new or old. I would love to see them add anything at this point, but I just don't see it happening, realistically. I do hope the case is settled so we can move on, and from what I have heard, that may happen, so fingers crossed as always. At this point, I believe that's the best any of us can hope for.

Best case scenario, a settlement is reached, and the unwritten future looks a little brighter.

• Like 1

As soon as this lawsuit's over, I hope the devs create a counselor for the time we had to wait for new content. I want Chris Higgins or Ginny.

• Like 1

Just now, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

As soon as this lawsuit's over, I hope the devs create a counselor for the time we had to wait for new content. I want Chris Higgins or Ginny.

Well technically, Jenny is based on Chris Higgins, but it would be nice to see either Ginny or Trish.

Just now, JasonLives86 said:

Well technically, Jenny is based on Chris Higgins, but it would be nice to see either Ginny or Trish.

True, or they could change Jenny to reflect Chris (change her voice, hair and her face). Trish would be awesome to have, especially if her repair was 4/10, considering we haven't had a counselor with that stat yet.

41 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

If Gun didn't care we wouldn't have this game to begin with. I'm happy with what we have. If more is added that's a bonus. I hope it happens like the rest of the community.  We have to be realistic about this lawsuit and Gun isn't slapping the fans in the face if content doesn't continue.

The decision is between Miller and Cunningham. Sean Cunningham holds the cards to the future of this game. Gun isn't to blame!  

I mean if they have the green light to release new content “if” they come to a settlement why would they refuse to push out new content? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Many fans of the game would appreciate getting the things we deserve and the things they got us excited for (Jason x, Grendel map, new kills, etc) and to me when a company cares about a game and the fans of it wouldn’t they want to make us happy with new content? Many of us have been very disappointed with the lawsuit screwing all of us over and one thing they can do to redeem themselves is to give us the things they got us excited for. 

41 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That's a bit unfair to say they don't care. As much as I'd like new content as others would, I wouldn't go there.

Read above. 

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I mean if they have the green light to release new content “if” they come to a settlement why would they refuse to push out new content? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Many fans of the game would appreciate getting the things we deserve and the things they got us excited for (Jason x, Grendel map, new kills, etc) and to me when a company cares about a game and the fans of it wouldn’t they want to make us happy with new content? Many of us have been very disappointed with the lawsuit screwing all of us over and one thing they can do to redeem themselves is to give us the things they got us excited for.

That's an attempt at manipulation. You can't say to someone that if they cared for you, they would do [insert demand here].

Gun made a game. We paid for said game. We are able to play said game, for now. At this point, they don't owe us anything. If they decide to resume or not resume content, that's on them. Given that it's been said by them many times that no new content is coming, I'm not expecting that to change. I'd like it to change like you and many others, but I'm not counting on it.

I get how you feel, but we can't expect/force/manipulate people to do what we want just because we want it.

• Like 1

Hobbs made a statement about a year or so ago (whenever the lawsuit initiated a claim against the game) that "even if the lawsuit ended tomorrow, development on the game would not continue" or something to that effect. Wes more recently stated that continuing work for new content wouldn't be a practical business decision. Makes me wonder if the game now being ported over to the Switch makes the possibility more appealing to them, especially when considering Uber Jason was so close to being finished. I could understand the Grendel remaining in limbo, as it apparently still had "months" of work left on it. But, them finishing up and releasing UJ feels like the least they could do, should this thing resolve in May, especially when considering the game is about to have a bit of a resurgence by coming to a new platform.

43 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That's an attempt at manipulation. You can't say to someone that if they cared for you, they would do [insert demand here].

Gun made a game. We paid for said game. We are able to play said game, for now. At this point, they don't owe us anything. If they decide to resume or not resume content, that's on them. Given that it's been said by them many times that no new content is coming, I'm not expecting that to change. I'd like it to change like you and many others, but I'm not counting on it.

I get how you feel, but we can't expect/force/manipulate people to do what we want just because we want it.

It’s just frustrating what’s happening with the game and the lawsuit. There’s several new things they could add in to make this game even more amazing then it already is. It makes me upset they don’t want to progress the game even if there’s a settlement. This is what makes me believe their care level is going down and they’re putting more focus towards other projects (layers of fear 2)

@SteveChristy, I've wondered about that as well. I guess we'll wait and see what comes of it.

@DontZzz34, a lot of us feel your frustration. On the bright side, we are still getting patches with fixes and balance adjustments. That's better than nothing.

20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

@SteveChristy, I've wondered about that as well. I guess we'll wait and see what comes of it.

@DontZzz34, a lot of us feel your frustration. On the bright side, we are still getting patches with fixes and balance adjustments. That's better than nothing.

You’re right. As long as servers stay up and the game stays alive is what matters most 

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

You’re right. As long as servers stay up and the game stays alive is what matters most 

Amen to that.

I’ve already given them about two years worth of stuff to work on but if by some miracle we get more content.... I have more ideas. 🤤