Sign in to follow this  
Ralph Voorhees

[BUG] Tapes locked (not playing) on Xbox One (previously unlocked)

EDIT: For a brief moment my Tommy Tapes were just unlocked and then when I switched to Pamela those were still locked and when I went back to Tommy those were locked again? What gives?

EDIT 2: April 14, 2019. My tapes were unlocked again. Then I restarted the game and checked but they were locked again. This is bizarre.

EDIT 3 April 17, 2019: Tapes locked but all other game progress and rank still available and correct. Could this tape issue be related to the backend problems with game progress and level reset?

EDIT: 4 May 9, 2019: I downloaded the patch and my tapes are still missing. Same for a friend.

-----

I am connected to Xbox Live and Logged into the game (Gun Database) with all my other progress visible (badges, rank, unlockables, challenges). It's only the tapes that are missing/locked.

I previously had all the tapes (tommy and pamela) on Xbox One and they no longer play and I cannot scroll through the tapes. I know for a fact that I unlocked them all and listened to them in game when I originally unlocked them all. I've seen some other posts about this problem on the subreddit. Does anyone else have this problem? I unlocked all my tapes a year ago and can't pick up any in game since I have them all.

I'm not sure if the game is showing them unlocked or if that progress was now lost and they are appearing locked? I remember it wasn't easy to tell with the color the borders on the tapes.

I submitted a jasonkillsbugs.com report already but I don't know if that will get lost in the weeds.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, Ralph Voorhees said:

previously had all the tapes (tommy and pamela) on Xbox One and they no longer play and I cannot scroll through the tapes. I know for a fact that I unlocked them all and listened to them in game when I originally unlocked them all.

Ouch!... that sucks. Are you sure you were online?... When you are not online, your save data will not load and the game starts off as if it is your first game at level 1 with nothing unlocked... all of our data is server side. I have never seen, nor heard of this happening before without the user being offline.
   A new bug perhaps?... Hopefully one that will get fixed.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Ouch!... that sucks. Are you sure you were online?... When you are not online, your save data will not load and the game starts off as if it is your first game at level 1 with nothing unlocked... all of our data is server side. I have never seen, nor heard of this happening before without the user being offline.
   A new bug perhaps?... Hopefully one that will get fixed.

If I or anyone else was NOT online we would NOT even be able to click on Progression to view the Tapes tab or any of the other Online features of this game as all of that requires a connection to the platform service (Xbox Live) and a connection to the Gun Database (Login). You can see for yourself by manually disconnecting yourself from the Network on your platform.

As a backer, I have been playing this game since May 2017. I am well aware of the serverside storage of game progress (which has been an ongoing concern given the uncertainty of the future of this game). There was no database login failure and no issues with Xbox Live when this was first noticed and it's still ongoing. I have also confirmed with others on Xbox that they too are seeing the same issue and they too previously had all tapes unlocked. In fact we unlocked them together in previous tape events in 2018. There is no confusion on our end. It's also apparently an issue on PS4 based on some comments I've seen elsewhere. 

I don't know when this first started as I haven't tried playing the tapes since I originally unlocked them in 2018. This is more of a concern for newer players looking to unlock the tapes and listen to them without going to a YouTube video. 

If this stuff gets screwed up, then what is next? Rank? Unlocked Counselors? Clothing? Unlocked Jason, Blood Skins? Challenges? Virtual Cabin 2.0? It's disturbing.