Sign in to follow this  
m3ga_monk3y.cfg

Option to choose which Counselors as bots?

IMO, kills only look good on some of the counselors. Which are only all of the ones from when the game first came out. Because I think it takes me back to when it came out, this combined with the option to disable rain I mentioned in a recent post, would make the ultimate nostalgic F13 experience.

I’d really like the ability to control not only which bots spawn but what perks, costumes and items they start with. I’d especially like to be able to set the bots Archetype, as this will give me more control over how long the matches last for. 

It’s something they should be working on as when the servers do go down it will be all we really have left. Even a LAN option will leave most of us without anyone to play with. 

Bot Options

- Archetype, determines the level of aggression, the bots fight or flight reflex. 

- Perks, 

- Costumes

- Starting quick slot items.

- Weapons, 

- SPC maps, in bot mode. 

Jason Options 

- the ability to start in Rage, or a godmode were your powers never go dark and can always be used. 

- Mask Off or On at the start of the match. 

- Start at the end of the opening cut scene rather than the shack. 

- I’d even like the ability to play as a Counselor model in Jason’s stead, without grab kills but everything else is Jason not the Counselor abilities. (Fake Paranoia mode if you will.)

I’m dreaming but maybe they’ll give us access to some of the dev tools to set up the camp and bots. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d really like the ability to control not only which bots spawn but what perks, costumes and items they start with.

Just allowing us to choose which counselors spawn in offline mode would be nice... but allowing these counselors to be set up in the same manner that we have them "built" for multi player (perk setup, clothing... perhaps even emotes with a trigger event for certain emotes... O.K. perhaps the emotes with triggers is taking it too far) would be even better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

Just allowing us to choose which counselors spawn in offline mode would be nice... but allowing these counselors to be set up in the same manner that we have them "built" for multi player (perk setup, clothing... perhaps even emotes with a trigger event for certain emotes... O.K. perhaps the emotes with triggers is taking it too far) would be even better.

If I was in the pubs shoes my goal would have been to allow players to creat there own scenarios. Using a path laying tool, you’d leave a path and the bot would follow it to the best of its ability. I see in my mind laying down a path of large circles that you connect one after another. Smaller circles could be emotes or other animations from the library ie. stirring a pot, getting beer or whatever. Eventually we would have been able to create in-depth little scenes from the movies. So you’re emote idea isn’t to crazy, it would have been a goal.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2019 at 11:37 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d really like the ability to control not only which bots spawn but what perks, costumes and items they start with. I’d especially like to be able to set the bots Archetype, as this will give me more control over how long the matches last for. 

It’s something they should be working on as when the servers do go down it will be all we really have left. Even a LAN option will leave most of us without anyone to play with. 

Bot Options

- Archetype, determines the level of aggression, the bots fight or flight reflex. 

- Perks, 

- Costumes

- Starting quick slot items.

- Weapons, 

- SPC maps, in bot mode. 

Jason Options 

- the ability to start in Rage, or a godmode were your powers never go dark and can always be used. 

- Mask Off or On at the start of the match. 

- Start at the end of the opening cut scene rather than the shack. 

- I’d even like the ability to play as a Counselor model in Jason’s stead, without grab kills but everything else is Jason not the Counselor abilities. (Fake Paranoia mode if you will.)

I’m dreaming but maybe they’ll give us access to some of the dev tools to set up the camp and bots. 

This is exactly what we need!! Basically a sandbox mode if you will. But I suppose it's counted as new content, isn't it? :(

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

If I was in the pubs shoes my goal would have been to allow players to creat there own scenarios. Using a path laying tool, you’d leave a path and the bot would follow it to the best of its ability. I see in my mind laying down a path of large circles that you connect one after another. Smaller circles could be emotes or other animations from the library ie. stirring a pot, getting beer or whatever. Eventually we would have been able to create in-depth little scenes from the movies. So you’re emote idea isn’t to crazy, it would have been a goal.

Sorry, I have been busy lately... but this would have been great. Waypoints for the bots, which include... let's say a dance emote after Jason gets knocked on his ass (if he ever gets knocked on his ass by a bot that is)… could make it feel like you are playing against real people. A fluid shift between waypoints depending on where Jason is while chasing the bots... could make the bots 'seem' much smarter at least, but probably difficult to program.
   "Your emote idea isn't too crazy"... Thanks!.... but it might be just a little bit crazy... like me.
   As far as creating a scenario from the movie... we can already come close at times.... even inadvertently... This one time... at slasher camp... I chased one of my friend's Jenny on the Jarvis map with Part 4... she is a huge fan of the series and pointed out to me that we just recreated the Trish chase at the end of The Final Chapter... It ended at the window Trish jumped through on the second floor of the vacation house... Its too bad the window toss couldn't be used on the octagon window, but at least it is in the single player challenges. I wish I recorded that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Glad you’re back @Ahab, I was wondering where you’d gone, you didn’t miss much.

Been busy lately... and the nice weather has me outside a lot more in my free time... I am currently looking for a better wi-fi extension so I can play the game outside... at night... with beer and pretzels... and 'stuff'... That way, I do not have to wait until I die and Tommy is selected to go out for a smoke.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Been busy lately... and the nice weather has me outside a lot more in my free time... I am currently looking for a better wi-fi extension so I can play the game outside... at night... with beer and pretzels... and 'stuff'... That way, I do not have to wait until I die and Tommy is selected to go out for a smoke.

That sounds fantastic, lol. As a fellow smoker, I’d love to be able to enjoy one while playing.

• Like 1