In my opinion, Vanessa and Jenny both need to be changed. Vanessa doesn't really need to be changed but could receive a buff to one of her stats in general. On the other hand, Jenny deserves a change. Anyway, here are some changes I came up with:

Vanessa:

Composure: 3/10

Luck: 3/10

Repair: 2/10

Speed: 10/10

Stamina: 9/10

Stealth: 4/10

Strength: 4/10

OR

Composure: 2/10

Luck: 5/10

Repair: 3/10

Speed: 10/10

Stamina: 10/10

Stealth: 1/10

Strength: 4/10

Jenny:

Composure: 10/10

Luck: 7/10

Repair: 4/10

Speed: 4/10

Stamina: 5/10

Stealth: 5/10

Strength: 1/10

OR

Composure: 10/10

Luck: 8/10

Repair: 2/10

Speed: 4/10

Stamina: 6/10

Stealth: 4/10

Strength: 1/10

Anyway, what are your ideas? I'm expecting neutral reactions.

• Confused 1

I like how everyone’s stats are now. They just need to fix stealth and composure stat. And Vanessa is already OP. She doesn’t need any sort of buffs at all. And as far as Jenny goes I can’t give much input as I rarely use her. 

• Like 1

Vanessa no. Your first change to Jenny would be interesting as 4 repair would make her unique. 

Making ALL the stats more worthwhile would make more sense than simply rearranging them.

Just think of the two examples you mentioned. In a perfect world, Jenny should be surviving MUCH MORE than Vanessa. She's based off the typical girl next door trope that typically encounters Jason and survives more. Yet that's just not the case. Jenny should be the character whose not afraid to be around Jason and can hold her own up close, not Vanessa. Again, simply not the case.

Vanessa should be completely useless up close to Jason, again...simply not the case. That of course doesn't mean Jenny should be auto win sort of like how its much easier to survive as Vanessa NOW. It should be more accurate though. I guarantee Vanessa wouldn't be anywhere near as effective if those composure stats made her fall on her ass when close to Jason. Her kiting would be near impossible and her only real usefulness would be moving parts around the map or being a distraction. Even being the sweater girl would be less useful.

You could've even added something like less composure means less chance of recovering stamina after hitting Jason whereas more composure means more stamina and highest composure means full stamina, etc. Again, makes the stat more worthwhie.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Making ALL the stats more worthwhile would make more sense than simply rearranging them.

Just think of the two examples you mentioned. In a perfect world, Jenny should be surviving MUCH MORE than Vanessa. She's based off the typical girl next door trope that typically encounters Jason and survives more. Yet that's just not the case. Jenny should be the character whose not afraid to be around Jason and can hold her own up close, not Vanessa. Again, simply not the case.

Vanessa should be completely useless up close to Jason, again...simply not the case. That of course doesn't mean Jenny should be auto win sort of like how its much easier to survive as Vanessa NOW. It should be more accurate though. I guarantee Vanessa wouldn't be anywhere near as effective if those composure stats made her fall on her ass when close to Jason. Her kiting would be near impossible and her only real usefulness would be moving parts around the map or being a distraction. Even being the sweater girl would be less useful.

You could've even added something like less composure means less chance of recovering stamina after hitting Jason whereas more composure means more stamina and highest composure means full stamina, etc. Again, makes the stat more worthwhie.

I’d like very much if they’d fix composure.... Vanessa should fall down at max fear, not just stumble. 

The stamina regained being less would be interesting, would certainly change the balance for the better. 

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d like very much if they’d fix composure.... Vanessa should fall down at max fear, not just stumble. 

The stamina regained being less would be interesting, would certainly change the balance for the better. 

If counselors fell down at max fear wouldn’t that make it way too easy for Jason to catch his victims?

• Like 2

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

If counselors fell down at max fear wouldn’t that make it way too easy for Jason to catch his victims?

It would keep people with less composure from wanting to be near him...which is the idea. Right now, there is no downside to being near him, especially in groups.

11 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

It would keep people with less composure from wanting to be near him...which is the idea. Right now, there is no downside to being near him, especially in groups.

You’re going to get near him at one point or another in the game though especially if you are on a long chase. Jason has a sense ability and will find you. You can’t completely avoid him. What if you’re the last one alive? and if you reach max fear and all you do is fall down and basically hand over the kill to Jason. He doesn’t even have to work for his kill if you fall down

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Vanessa doesn't really need to be changed but could receive a buff to one of her stats in general.

.....Yeah, maybe you should stick to DBD.

Somebody wants a Vannessa buff? LOL!!!!!! She needs a Nerf!,  maybe then people wouldn’t be such trolls in this game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

You’re going to get near him at one point or another in the game though especially if you are on a long chase. Jason has a sense ability and will find you. You can’t completely avoid him. What if you’re the last one alive? and if you reach max fear and all you do is fall down and basically hand over the kill to Jason. He doesn’t even have to work for his kill if you fall down

I think the balance between composure and stamina should have a real impact on how your Counselor responds to being in Jason’s presents for a long time. I agree with Tyrant666, the current balance between say Vanessa and Jenny is way off. 

Besides, you could take fear management perks to offset Vanessa’s disadvantaged. Rather than her perks being only straight advantage, some could be used as they’re used on other Counselors. Most Counselors have a disadvantage that needs to be considered when picking perks, not so much with Vanessa. 

It should be as difficult for Vanessa to survive the night as any other character, she currently has a much better chance of just running out the clock than any other Counselor. I’m glad the character got love from the devs during development but the stats don’t all have equal value and something needs to change. 

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think the balance between composure and stamina should have a real impact on how your Counselor responds to being in Jason’s presents for a long time. I agree with Tyrant666, the current balance between say Vanessa and Jenny is way off. 

Besides, you could take fear management perks to offset Vanessa’s disadvantaged. Rather than her perks being only straight advantage, some could be used as they’re used on other Counselors. Most Counselors have a disadvantage that needs to be considered when picking perks, not so much with Vanessa. 

It should be as difficult for Vanessa to survive the night as any other character, she currently has a much better chance of just running out the clock than any other Counselor. I’m glad the character got love from the devs during development but the stats don’t all have equal value and something needs to change. 

I think what they should do is give other low tier counselors who aren’t as good a buff to give them a better chance to survive. Especially Jenny. She’s one of the worst counselors in the game. 

Mehh Counselors are fine as is for the most part.  Its Jason that needs the true buffs.   Sick and tired of being knocked to the ground with one hit and ganged up on.   Counselors  needs to be scared to death of Jason.  Not seek him out to kill him easy 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, DorianRo said:

Mehh Counselors are fine as is for the most part.  Its Jason that needs the true buffs. 

Well said 

5 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Mehh Counselors are fine as is for the most part.  Its Jason that needs the true buffs.   Sick and tired of being knocked to the ground with one hit and ganged up on.   Counselors  needs to be scared to death of Jason.  Not seek him out to kill him easy 

Ever try blocking? 

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ever try blocking? 

Yea its CRAP and hardly works at least since this last patch 

13 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Well said 

Welcome to camp, when you have a second could you go do an intro post. It helps the mods keep the forums tidy, and gives us a place to greet you. 

Edit - @DontZzz34, the problem with just upping low tier Counselors stats is it creates an imbalance, which of Vanessa’s stats do you increase without making her even more a beast. Re-working composure would be better in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Yea its CRAP and hardly works 

I highly disagree with you I’ll post a video to prove my point it’s still effective. 

Lately I’ve been incorporating blocking more and I rarely get stunned anymore unless someone hits me to break someone free from a grab. Right after you block an attack try speed walking or running as Jason to get out of combat stance quicker and you’ll be able to get a grab in. This punishes people’s attacks all day long. Also don’t be the Jason player that lets counselors run in and out of your grab to punish you. Don’t let them bait you into missing a grab. You will get bullied all day if you do this. Instead throw knives at these people and cripple em down

@Slasher_Clone if they re work composure they better re work stealth to, to be fair to my main 🙂

Are people really asking to "up counselor stats?"   Wow.  I can say with CERTAINTY (on the PS4) Its RARE to find a Jason clear a lobby.   Since the current patch, Ive seen more "Jason kills" in the last 2 months than I ever saw in the last year and a half. Counselors don't need any more "boosts" at least on the PS4.  They are strong enough.  Even without communicating via mic. 

Prior to the current patch, I generally could clear a QP lobby maybe 80-85  percent of the time.  With the current patch (Mainly because of the nerf Grab they did to Jason), I can clear maybe 55 percent of the time.  Jason's "shift/grab" has been very hindered so thats makes it far easy to get violated by the Jason Kill groups.   Also the Block has been tweeked to make it less responsive to the "Jason knock down".  Jason has ALSO been slowed. 

Sure Rage helps. But by then, you're probably screwed.  Someone will have the sweater and you will have lost your mask. 

Like I said.  Counselors don't need any more boost.  JASON DOES.  He's supposed to be a bad ass.  Not a group of Jason Kills Squads. ROFLMAO 

And regardless, MOST People don't use the "useless counselors".  They use the standard 4-5 (Chad, Bugsy, Top repair counselor, Vanessa eta).  

12 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Are people really asking to "up counselor stats?"   Wow.  I can say with CERTAINTY (on the PS4) Its RARE to find a Jason clear a lobby.   Since the current patch, Ive seen more "Jason kills" in the last 2 months than I ever saw in the last year and a half. Counselors don't need any more "boosts" at least on the PS4.  They are strong enough.  Even without communicating via mic. 

Prior to the current patch, I generally could clear a QP lobby maybe 80 percent of the time.  With the current patch (Mainly because of the nerf Grab they did to Jason), I can clear maybe 55 percent of the time.  Jason's "shift/grab" has been very hindered so thats makes it far easy to get violated by the Jason Kill groups. 

Sure Rage helps. But by then, you're probably screwed.  Someone will have the sweater and you will have lost your mask. 

Not really. People were complaining about how OP Vanessa was compared to other counselors so I suggested maybe buffing other counselors instead of nerfing her down. You sure do complain a lot about Jason not being strong enough, maybe work on your shift grabs and practice a bit more. I used to suck at playing as Jason but instead of whining I practiced and got better. I went from killing on average 4/8 to the majority of my matches now I kill 8/8 and have no survivors. Sure I do have some bad nights/matches and not get as many kills sometimes but I have came a long way with my jason. Work on your blocking, throwing knives, shift grabs, objective control, etc.... only thing I can see your point on is the Jason kill being too easy. But other then that Jason is a beast if you know how to use him. Watching my dudes @Methodicalize stream has really helped with my jason gameplay. Give him a watch sometime on twitch he really knows how to clear lobbies as Jason. 

I believe he was asking for a rework of stats. As in pull some points to other stats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I believe he was asking for a rework of stats. As in pull some points to other stats.

Yes that’s what I was getting at. Like maybe give Jenny a bit more stamina and take points from something else so she can handle more of a chase. I mean -1, -1, -1 composure, stealth, and luck. And +3 stamina would make a difference for her in a chase and wouldn’t hurt her other stats because they’d still be at good numbers

35 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Slasher_Clone if they re work composure they better re work stealth to, to be fair to my main 🙂

I think that would be a good second stat to have a look at. I think if composure was fixed, it would have secondary benefits for stealth too.  Stealth needs less love than Composure, it plays pretty well right now. 

I’d like to know when I don’t show up on Sense, I think this would increase the utility without changing the endgame to much. 

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes that’s what I was getting at. Like maybe give Jenny a bit more stamina and take points from something else so she can handle more of a chase. I mean -1, -1, -1 composure, stealth, and luck. And +3 stamina would make a difference for her in a chase and wouldn’t hurt her other stats because they’d still be at good numbers

This is what I meant by creating an imbalance, if you take the high stat from Jenny or AJ you nerf their best builds. 

26 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think that would be a good second stat to have a look at. I think if composure was fixed, it would have secondary benefits for stealth too.  Stealth needs less love than Composure, it plays pretty well right now. 

I’d like to know when I don’t show up on Sense, I think this would increase the utility without changing the endgame to much. 

This is what I meant by creating an imbalance, if you take the high stat from Jenny or AJ you nerf their best builds. 

Then maybe keep Jenny’s 10 composure so you could keep the no fear Jenny build. Pulling 2 luck and 1 stealth would probably be better and giving +3 stamina. Jenny needs a buff for sure. Whatever they can do to make her more powerful. Isn’t she supposed to be based on the final girl from part 3? She handled Jason and made him her bitch in the ending of that movie 😁 that’s why jason shouldn’t be able to kill her so easy in the game. She’s an easy target imo

@DontZzz34 @Slasher_Clone You have to be careful what you moved to keep the characters spirit. With Jenny a couple of points from luck moved to stamina would be really strong on her I think. AJ would be hard to change in a meaningful way though.

• Like 2