tyrant666

Most accurate film to game Jason stat wise?

Not look...

Stats only...

I feel like 3, 6 and the old Part 7 are the most accurate stat wise. 3 was powerful (+Grip, +Weapon), but stunnable (-Stun). 6 was the fastest walking Jason arguably (+Shift), but took awhile to get to locations (-Morph). Using the knives (+Knives). Part 7 was slow as dirt(-Shift), but did a lot of damage with his hands (+Grip) and killed easily in water (+Water Speed). While the new Part 7 is more gameplay friendly, the old Part 7 was more film accurate but a drag to play as.

Part 2 and Part 8 would've been more accurate like this...

P2

+ Can Run

+ Stalk

+ Traps

- Defense

- Grip Strength

- Shift

P8

+ Morph

+ Water Speed

+ Destruction

- Can't Run

- Sense

- Stalk

Part 4 was probably the most inaccurate. I feel like they didn't capture the quickness of Ted White's Jason, but featured the strength.

Instead of

+ Can Run

+ Destruction

+ Weapon Strength

- Traps

- Shift

- Water Speed

It should've been

+ Can Run

+ Shift (To help reflect the quickness)

+ Destruction (Blew through doors easily) or Water Speed (Multiple water kills)

- Traps

- Less Hit Points

- Defense

Water Speed would've been neutral or a strength, not a weakness.

Part 9 is sort of accurate too with the Stalk (think opening scene) and shrugging off a shovel to the face (+Stun, though +Stun should be way better than it is). Less Hit Points might be a push as a negative though considering he could only be killed by a special dagger in that film.

Roy is a toss up. Some people think he should run because he is human. Others believe the canon should've stayed with no running.

I think a better stat line for him might've been...

+ Traps (Only non runner with this, the rope trap is the reason for this)

+ Sense (The final scenes of the film)

+ Stalk

- Grip Strength

- Can't Run

- Stun Resistance

Which Jasons are the most accurate stat wise?

@tyrant666 I like what you did there... and they do sound a bit more "movie accurate"... Not sure about the -Defense on Part 4 though, he took a hell of a beating before going down at the end... and I would still keep weapon strength on him over +shift... He had some serious displays of strength, which can be reflected through weapon strength as it does more damage on a swing. That, and the combination of -defense and -hit points would make him the easiest to kill... Those two should never be put together on any variant.

My biggest problem though is that I do not think "Can Run" should be a strength... nor should "Can't Run" be a weakness... on any variant. These two are simply a part of what the Jason variants are. Parts 2 to 4 moved much quicker than the later Jasons… Perhaps that is merely because back when those movies were made... zombies (or similar undead) were always portrayed as being slow.
   If the "undead Jason" movies were made today, I think he would be portrayed differently.
   But my real point here... Anyone that does well consistently with a "Can't Run" variant proves that it is not a weakness... and how often do we catch a counselor simply by running them down anyway?... This is fairly rare from what I have seen and requires (for the most part) a counselor to run out of stamina or to be wounded... Running even the low stamina counselors until they have no stamina can take a long time if the player knows what they are doing... I run Jason around with the slow, low stamina counselors for a long time in most matches, and I do not even take a swing at him... I have also seen many others do this as well. But this really depends on the counselor player... and the Jason player... and if anyone else has been opening windows.

Savini Jason after all... can't run and is considered by many to be the best variant... And Part 4 can run, and is now considered to be the worst Jason by many (since the changes were made to Part 7 at least)… But I still like Part 4 the way he is... I may be too used to playing him though... Savini Jason I can never judge by playing him as I do not have him, I can only judge him by how he is played by others.
   At this point, changing these would probably cause an uproar of some sort... The can and can't run would need to be replaced by another strength and weakness... which could drastically change the dynamics of each variant, depending on the given strength or weakness that would replace them... And some people just get too attached to their favorite Jason variant as he is now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

@tyrant666 I like what you did there... and they do sound a bit more "movie accurate"... Not sure about the -Defense on Part 4 though, he took a hell of a beating before going down at the end... and I would still keep weapon strength on him over +shift... He had some serious displays of strength, which can be reflected through weapon strength as it does more damage on a swing. That, and the combination of -defense and -hit points would make him the easiest to kill... Those two should never be put together on any variant.

My biggest problem though is that I do not think "Can Run" should be a strength... nor should "Can't Run" be a weakness... on any variant. These two are simply a part of what the Jason variants are. Parts 2 to 4 moved much quicker than the later Jasons… Perhaps that is merely because back when those movies were made... zombies (or similar undead) were always portrayed as being slow.
   If the "undead Jason" movies were made today, I think he would be portrayed differently.
   But my real point here... Anyone that does well consistently with a "Can't Run" variant proves that it is not a weakness... and how often do we catch a counselor simply by running them down anyway?... This is fairly rare from what I have seen and requires (for the most part) a counselor to run out of stamina or to be wounded... Running even the low stamina counselors until they have no stamina can take a long time if the player knows what they are doing... I run Jason around with the slow, low stamina counselors for a long time in most matches, and I do not even take a swing at him... I have also seen many others do this as well. But this really depends on the counselor player... and the Jason player... and if anyone else has been opening windows.

Savini Jason after all... can't run and is considered by many to be the best variant... And Part 4 can run, and is now considered to be the worst Jason by many (since the changes were made to Part 7 at least)… But I still like Part 4 the way he is... I may be too used to playing him though... Savini Jason I can never judge by playing him as I do not have him, I can only judge him by how he is played by others.
   At this point, changing these would probably cause an uproar of some sort... The can and can't run would need to be replaced by another strength and weakness... which could drastically change the dynamics of each variant, depending on the given strength or weakness that would replace them... And some people just get too attached to their favorite Jason variant as he is now.

I would't mind trading my #6's +Throwing Knives for a neutral Morph. It can be very difficult to exert map control when you've got a 40 second wait between Morphs.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I would't mind trading my #6's +Throwing Knives for a neutral Morph. It can be very difficult to exert map control when you've got a 40 second wait between Morphs.

Indeed... you have to save those morphs where ever possible or you will not have one when you need it. The same has to said about Shift as well.... It really sucks when you hear a car start right after you used shift or morph, no matter which Jason you are using... There is no chance to catch a car or a boat for that matter if you cannot get in front of it with morph... and no chance to stop a car without having shift ready for use... unless of course someone makes a horrible mistake and drives right into you. I have seen it happen, but that is a true rarity. 
   +Throwing knives is not much of a strength either if you ask me... If you are not careful, you can miss with a good many knives in a match. Judicious knife gathering works just as well as +Throwing Knives and any Jason can do it... it just takes time to gather them (more time for the Can't Run Jasons)... and there are always some knives near objectives that Jason will need to visit anyway.

There have been many suggestions that we should be able to pick and choose Jason's strengths and weaknesses... but all that would lead to is +Shift on every Jason... I could also see +Traps on many Jasons… Personally, I think I would put weapon strength and destruction on every Jason. Weapon strength for the "medic and thick skin" users... and destruction to save time bashing down doors that is better spent gathering throwing knives. I am already used to only ever using three traps... and being a slug in the water... but it would be nice to trade up the -shift for another weakness... In the end, I would just use it to play a slightly different Part 4 on other Jason variants... I am not one of those people that will use the best of everything on one character... and I think all of the Jason variants are fine as they are now... They never should have caved and changed Part 7... I did well with him before the change... Have not played him much since the change though.

• Like 1

Roy should've had these stats instead, IMPO:

Strengths

+Can Run (or traps)

+Morph (he covered long distances fairly quickly)

And +Weapon strength (he killed almost all of his victims with a single blow, or caused a lot of damage) 

-Defense 

-Can't Run (or -Grip strength, with the +Can Run route) 

And -Stun resistance.

If you wanted to go with the "Can't run" route, then I gave him +Traps; +Can run for the alternative.  Also, I gave him +Traps for one of the variants because they're two walking -Trap Jason's, and only one +Can Run +Traps Jason. So, I felt it was fair.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Part 4 was probably the most inaccurate. I feel like they didn't capture the quickness of Ted White's Jason, but featured the strength.

100% agreed. I was most hyped about Part 4, and sorely disappointed with what we got. He's way too slow. And Gun being avid fans of the series should've known Ted White's #1 objective in playing the role was to make Jason faster (and he did). His run should quickly close the gap on any jogging counselor and shift speed should be on par with Part 3. I'd be fine with both his water speed and trap count staying the same, but the former are obvious areas where they completely missed.

• Like 1

Part 7 Jason Strengths:

+Stun Resistence (A falling porch did nothing to him as he got right back up)

+Destruction (Self-Explained)

+Weapon Strength (Self-Explained)

Part 7 Jason Weaknesses:

-Traps (Obvious Reasons)

-Can't Run (Self explained)

-Throwing Knives (Doesnt have the equipment from part 6)

• Like 1

IMO , stun resistance on all the Jason’s seem to be pretty much the same, I get knocked on my butt just as many times with part 9 as I do any other Jason.... across the board Jason gets stunned way to much..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

IMO , stun resistance on all the Jason’s seem to be pretty much the same, I get knocked on my butt just as many times with part 9 as I do any other Jason.... across the board Jason gets stunned way to much..

Someone recently clarified that it’s how long the stun lasts for not wether you get stunned more often. I haven’t tested it yet but it makes a certain sense that it would be time based and is just named in a misleading way.

I don't know.. Jason in the movies didn't get  knocked on his ass by baseball bats with ease 

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

I don't know.. Jason in the movies didn't get  knocked on his ass by baseball bats with ease 

+Stun Resistence

I think part 3 Jason in the game is the most movie accurate.

As mentioned above. I would love to see the devs take the can run/can't run abilities and just assign them. So living Jasons can run, undead have fast walk. Then each Jason would have an open spot to add a strength. Or assign a weakness.

Part 2,+Stalk. (He was very adept at Stealth, and hiding in dark rooms.)

Part 3, +Hit points. (Didn't die from Chris higgins axe hit to the head. This Jason's mask stayed on, but he was rendered unconscious. It should take an extra hit to knock off this one's mask.)

Part 4, +Morph (To offset the -Shift I would give him +Morph to represent his speed in pursuit. Making him a more powerful Part 2 without the traps.)

Roy, +Traps. (He set-up some cool kill spots. Notably the tree kill after the boyfriend noticed the dead body and backed into the tree. And the outhouse kill!)

Part 6, -Water speed. (Couldn't stop Tommy in the boat, got chained down. Died in the lake)

Part 7, -Hit points. (Tina popped his mask straps, with her mind.)

Part 8, -Defense. (Let his guard down, but had the hit points to take the punches.)

Part 9, -Water speed (Just fits, and I can't stand this movie so f#$k it!)

• Like 2