Sign in to follow this  
nerdslayer

question about the game

hi guys im thinking about buying the game *pc* is it dead or you can still find quick matchmaking *less than 5 min* ty for replying

P.S  for those who will recommend me dead by deadlight instead  this is what i have to say the fact that you have to buy every single dlc 1by1 make me not want the game until i saw ash william make his way to the game a a guest character ... after watching some of the gameplay i dont like the fact that you cant fight back the killer *specialy as ash* and as a killer i dont like the fact that they cant actually kill..... so dead by daylight is not an option because for a game that will cost over 100$ because of the dlc i want to be able to do something else than fix generator or hooking people... sry for my terrible english speaking french

Ive heard its pretty dead already on PC.  Not sure about XBOX live but PS4 is mainly all noobs/trolls who just run around the camp playing cat and mouse (With the phone tube thing or gas and battery)  and not hitting any objectives.  Or if they do, they just run people over with cars. 

Maybe Xbox is better but the PS4 hasn't been a good experience in months from my end unless you can join private match groups with friends.  QP, you may find a good lobby once a MONTH of good players playing together 

• Sad 1

@nerdslayer, there are several members here that play on PC that if you reach out to are sure to let you join their parties. I’ve heard the player base is down on PC, but it’s still possible to play.

As for the review above about the PS4 being nothing but noobs or assholes that hoard parts to keep objectives from being completed, that’s just their experience. I play on PS4 and find decent lobbies every night I boot the game up.

Every player will have their own experience, but if you don’t get the game and give it a chance, you will miss out on the experience. 

And by the way, welcome to the forums @nerdslayer

• Like 3

i downloaded the *codex version* and played some offline match against bot and the game is pretty cool my gf is also intterested to play wwith me and the game is only 20$ on steam so im really intterested to play this game i just dont want to waste money on a game i wont be able to find people to play with that all ty for replying

Honestly? Online kinda sucks on Xbox now too. It’s all trolls and teamers. And GUN doesn’t care about banning or punishing them anymore. So it’s worse than it’s ever been. 

@nerdslayer I can’t tell you what is going on on Pc but on PS4 my experiences are similar to @Dragonfire82877 always full lobby’s a match or two with teamers and griefers but mostly solid matches with competent players..... and the community here will definitely pull you in to play matches with them on pc.... 

1 hour ago, nerdslayer said:

i downloaded the *codex version* and played some offline match against bot and the game is pretty cool my gf is also intterested to play wwith me and the game is only 20$ on steam so im really intterested to play this game i just dont want to waste money on a game i wont be able to find people to play with that all ty for replying

I play on PC... and I have no problem finding matches. There are times the counter makes it over two minutes... but it should be cancelled after two minutes and start the search for a match again... This is rare for me. I find matches many times within twenty seconds... and sometimes it takes closer to two minutes or anywhere in between. 
   But... like any other multi player game... there are a lot of toxic assholes out there. It is best to play with friends... but you have to play to find people to add to your friends list.

• Like 1

i dont own a ps4 or xone and i dont want to because imma pcmr... @Ahab doy you use steam version of the game? because if what you say its true then... im rdy to spend 20$ to give it a try... i read comment on steam that there is alot of hacker as well is it true? i can deal with toxic player every online game have some but hacker nah

PS4 is alive and well.  I have a great time playing.  Yes, there are trolls and teamers, but that's not all there is.

If you're from the US then you're gonna find matches somewhat fast. Anywhere else on the world prepare to wait several minutes to get a game going (Steam). Right now the steam version averages 300 - 450 ish players a day, now segregate those players into regions (NA, SA, EU, AU, ASIA) and you get an even smaller player base based on region. I'm not from the US and I only find people to play with during the afternoons, if I try it at night I find like 1 or 2 other people only.

PS4 and Xbox seem to be where the game is the most active.

steam.jpg.8a00b8a97dc808311169d14f048784a5.jpg

• Like 1

im from montreal quebec canada so \NA\ server so you told me its better for me if i buy original version of the game instead the steam one?

i dont play ps4, xbox one and i wont play either....im not a console fan and if i was i would play nintendo before those

Please read the forum rules @nerdslayer, specifically the parts about multi posting and what's expected of new forum members.

40 minutes ago, nerdslayer said:

im from montreal quebec canada so \NA\ server so you told me its better for me if i buy original version of the game instead the steam one?

No. I was just mentioning that the game is more active on consoles than on Steam.

• Like 1

i dont own a ps4 or xone and i dont want to because imma pcmr... @Ahab doy you use steam version of the game? because if what you say its true then... im rdy to spend 20$ to give it a try... i read comment on steam that there is alot of hacker as well is it true? i can deal with toxic player every online game have some but hacker nah

You'll very likely find hackers once and a while, every console does and PC seems the worst about it. But there's enough quality players that it shouldn't turn you off completely. 

• Like 1

I'm PC only usually can find lobbies fairly quick.Very Toxic player base in my opinion and the EU servers are full of exploiters and cheaters and there are some on NA servers as well.Just my experience of course. A Lot of players are blaming the new rage buff for the low player base and it will eventually kill it on Steam.I think they are just mad because you can't go and endlessly stun Jason for the entire 20 minutes and teabag/dance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not sure why your tag did not work... But I am back anyway.
   Yes I play on steam.... and the comments in the steam community need to be taken with a grain of salt... Many of the people posting there are simple minded trolls, but there are still a few in there that are good people.
   Also, I am pretty sure you can only play the game through steam on PC... as I have never heard of another option for PC.
   And yes, there are hackers... I play a lot... but I rarely see any hackers... but they are out there. When I do see a hacker, I just finish my match and find another lobby... and remember their name... so I never have to play a second game with them... There are hackers in pretty much every multi player game on PC. Fortunately, many of them are not smart enough to change their names... so they are easy to recognize when you see them a second time.

If you do purchase the game... feel free to add me to your friends list, my name is the same on steam as it is here.... with the same profile pic too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Honestly? Online kinda sucks on Xbox now too. It’s all trolls and teamers. And GUN doesn’t care about banning or punishing them anymore. So it’s worse than it’s ever been. 

We play Thursdays. lInk up with us. 

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Really?? What time? I’m in Wisconsin. 

The guys on the forum are fun to play with. On Xbox crystal lake employment agency and I also play with another group crystal lake maniacs. Both groups don’t allow cheating and are really good guys and gals. 

11 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Really?? What time? I’m in Wisconsin. 

We generally get together between 7 pm and 9 Central. Most often, Hanson, Guy and I will be on early, with any stragglers coming in later. We run shop to between midnight and two AM on average, Though @TheHansonGoons is a pumpkin and leaves earlier than anybody. He's a wiener like that. 

Give me your gamertag and I'll toss you a friend notification. I'm "Rising Bean" on the Box if you'd prefer to send me one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

We generally get together between 7 pm and 9 Central. Most often, Hanson, Guy and I will be on early, with any stragglers coming in later. We run shop to between midnight and two AM on average, Though @TheHansonGoons is a pumpkin and leaves earlier than anybody. He's a wiener like that. 

Give me your gamertag and I'll toss you a friend notification. I'm "Rising Bean" on the Box if you'd prefer to send me one. 

Awesome! Send me a request! CharlieBdeaD . Same goes for anyone else here on Xbox!

• Like 1

Totally true. Big old tired grandpa that goes to bed early! Usually I play from 6-10pm Eastern time zone. You should join us @The Milwauking Dead

Crystale Lake Employment Agency has been playing together since the thread for Good Sportsmanship was started. Still get full private matches every so often. Loved playing every Thursday with these guys

Recently started playing with Crystal Lake Maniacs and have to say, the core guys I have been playing with are the most efficient kill squad I have ran with. High ratio of kills and a fun group of guys.

• Thanks 1