xllxENIGMAxllx

Lawsuit update (settlement) expected in two weeks.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, i-cold said:

I do not mind paying for new dlcs, I just want to get them

id pay for a dlc but it must inlclude infinit stamina an bionic legs and flame trowers n granades n infinit shotgun amo otherwise its not worth it

19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Any one know when the deadline is?

According to this interview:

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20190321/play-life-live-games-settlement-in-friday-case-could-come-soon

Larry Zerner said he thought they had two weeks to settle or re-file. This interview was posted on March 21. If that’s the case, we should be hearing something this coming week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

According to this interview:

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20190321/play-life-live-games-settlement-in-friday-case-could-come-soon

Larry Zerner said he thought they had two weeks to settle or re-file. This interview was posted on March 21. If that’s the case, we should be hearing something this coming week. 

Thanks man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

They either have to come to a settlement or refile the appeal by April 12th.

Larry Zerner confirmed this on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Zernerlaw/status/1113123570031321088

According to the F13 Franchise page on Wikipedia, a new screenplay's already been written.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_(franchise)#Future

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BigJay said:

They either have to come to a settlement or refile the appeal by April 12th.

Larry Zerner confirmed this on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Zernerlaw/status/1113123570031321088

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

According to the F13 Franchise page on Wikipedia, a new screenplay's already been written.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_(franchise)#Future

This article just published today touches on both of these comments:

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2019/04/friday-13th-rights-battle-deadline.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This article just published today touches on both of these comments:

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2019/04/friday-13th-rights-battle-deadline.html

I don't think the existing screenplay is associated with Springhill Entertainment (Lebron). I would think whichever production company acquires the rights after the settlement/agreement/buyout/whatever would be approached with it immediately afterward. 

25 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I don't think the existing screenplay is associated with Springhill Entertainment (Lebron). I would think whichever production company acquires the rights after the settlement/agreement/buyout/whatever would be approached with it immediately afterward. 

To be honest, I don't care who the screenplay is associated with, I'm just glad that there is talk about a screenplay being ready to go. That could be a sure sign of progress.:)

6 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

To be honest, I don't care who the screenplay is associated with, I'm just glad that there is talk about a screenplay being ready to go. That could be a sure sign of progress.:)

"Friday the 13th: The Beginning

A prequel, it seems. What do you think the story will be?

"Friday the 13th: The Beginning

A prequel, it seems. What do you think the story will be?

Maybe focus on Elias Voorhees? An explanation of the death curse? The events leading up to Jason drowning? 

I plan on doing an F13 script myself. It will be called Return to Camp Blood and be a direct sequel to part 3.

@Cokeyskunk it could also very well be a remake of the first film or soft reboot from 2 or 3. Only time will tell. Hopefully when it's announced that the lawsuit is over we'll get more info.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Maybe focus on Elias Voorhees? An explanation of the death curse? The events leading up to Jason drowning?

Interesting. But it sounds like it would be a F13 movie without Jason in the hockey mask. Might make a great springboard into rebooting the franchise, but would people go to see it if it didn't have him in the hockey mask (yet)? 

This may deserve its own discussion/thread.

Interesting. But it sounds like it would be a F13 movie without Jason in the hockey mask. Might make a great springboard into rebooting the franchise, but would people go to see it if it didn't have him in the hockey mask (yet)? 

This may deserve its own discussion/thread.

Really.. because I thought they only owned him in the hockey mask? 

I mean I’m all for a new movie, prequel or sequel but I kinda assumed they would want to push the most iconic part they still own. Elias could work but it will be real iffy to continue it with Jason in the sequels that are bound to follow.  

Just my opinion, but I have zero interest in any type of prequel/origin story for Jason.

The original F13th is probably the best origin story there is.

Just my 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Grape said:

Just my opinion, but I have zero interest in any type of prequel/origin story for Jason.

Just my 2 cents.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that the first movie is an ideal origin story for Jason and love Pamela to bits, she’s Mom after all. It’s just I think we’re likely to be getting something that minimizes her role if they do a prequel or a reboot. We’ll always have the original.

2 hours ago, Grape said:

Just my 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that the first movie is an ideal origin story for Jason and love Pamela to bits, she’s Mom after all. It’s just I think we’re likely to be getting something that minimizes her role if they do a prequel or a reboot. We’ll always have the original.

I, for one, would love to see the tale of Jason's conception and all the things that culminated with Pamela's transformation from All-American girl to her descent into madness. 

The original F13 is a bunch of stories about the past (Enos telling about the camp curse, Pamela telling about Jason's drowning) - and I think Elias deserves his story to be told. From a psychology standpoint, I would be enthralled at what happened to make these people into the monsters they became. 

I, for one, would love to see the tale of Jason's conception and all the things that culminated with Pamela's transformation from All-American girl to her descent into madness. 

The original F13 is a bunch of stories about the past (Enos telling about the camp curse, Pamela telling about Jason's drowning) - and I think Elias deserves his story to be told. From a psychology standpoint, I would be enthralled at what happened to make these people into the monsters they became. 

The campfire story aspect is very important to the story in general and I’d like to see that idea in your first sentence very much. Pamela’s life I think would be particularly good fodder for a movie. It goes back to the rights though. If we did get it, it would be just that, a Victor Miller screen play, covering Pamela’s life, it would remove anything to do with Jason from after the first movie.

This wouldn’t be all bad as I think it could do justice to ‘Pamela’s transformation from All-American girl to her descent into madness’. I’d especially like to see her planning and sabotaging the camp, it’s mentioned and I always though there was some good material that could come from those scenes. There’s something very disconcerting about a middle aged woman methodically planning mayhem and learning how to hurt people. 

I’d like to have my cake and eat it too. It’s past time for a good Jason movie that draws from its roots in urban legend and superstition but I’m all for a separate Pamela story. The rights being what they are maybe we’ll get both. Victor could want to do just that, and with Chucky already having competing stories, it might work. In this instance both sides can follow their vision, one psychological and the other a Slasher movie were the villain is the star. 

The rights make everything very opaque, there’s no guessing where we’ll end up, I am very jealous of whoever gets to be in that writers room though. 

Edit - Never mentioned Elias, figured I’d come back and do that. I think he could be a very interesting character in the Cunningham universe (the sequel verse), if he’s more than a wife beater who gets killed or driven off. I’d like to think that the Voorhees house or family has more to do with Jason or that the curse is more than urban legend spread by Pamela’s sabotage. I figure you have to embrace the supernatural or discard it entirely. Elias has more potential in my mind if there’s supernatural things a foot in Friday. 

In Miller’s origin story for Pamela, it doesn’t matter if he’s Elias or just some guy who married Pamela, he doesn’t even have to be Jason’s father. I guess that’s why if he was to be explored I’d rather it be in the sequel verse. 

Whatever we get, please be good and make money, I want regular sequels, 😂

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If we did get it, it would be just that, a Victor Miller screen play, covering Pamela’s life, it would remove anything to do with Jason from after the first movie.

There will not be a new F13 film without a settlement/agreement/buyout/whatever between Miller & Cunningham.

No distributor would make a film with just the things Miller has the rights to, and ONLY distribute it in the United States, as they would be legally required to do.

Everything hinges on a settlement - or a re-appeal. Regardless, they have until the 12th of this month to do something. We'll know more then.

6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

There will not be a new F13 film without a settlement/agreement/buyout/whatever between Miller & Cunningham.

No distributor would make a film with just the things Miller has the rights to, and ONLY distribute it in the United States, as they would be legally required to do.

Everything hinges on a settlement - or a re-appeal. Regardless, they have until the 12th of this month to do something. We'll know more then.

No Official film. We have been getting some cool Fan films though.. 😀Vengeance.. Soon...

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Never mentioned Elias, figured I’d come back and do that. I think he could be a very interesting character

Plot twist, Elias wasn’t his real name, it was an alias. His real name was Fred Krueger and only Pamela knew his real identity. 😂 (that would really piss off a lot of fanboys wouldn’t it?)

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Plot twist, Elias wasn’t his real name, it was an alias. His real name was Fred Krueger and only Pamela knew his real identity. 😂 (that would really piss off a lot of fanboys wouldn’t it?)

Oh man, would it ever. Not the worst idea I’ve ever read in conjunction with Friday though.